Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
Do you have an APC or a Lemur, something of that sort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBf0r7Vae2E

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

thArf posted:

Do you have an APC or a Lemur, something of that sort?

I have a Novation Launchpad and Nocturn

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Urgh america, want this lineup in the uk

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

trill rear end posted:

keep an eye peeled on discobelle!!!!

the r kelly thing?

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

LE0N posted:

If only there was less Crystal Castles on that lineup...

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

LE0N posted:

Dude look at the time. It ends at midnight and a terrible venue.

loving green velvet, however.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 15, 2010

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

IanTheM posted:

the r kelly thing?

yeah brooklyn fire throwback edit discobelle comp

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

LE0N posted:

someone in the uk bitching about an awesome lineup on this side of the pond is one of the most enraging things i've ever heard in my life.

phractured posted:

If only there was less Crystal Castles on that lineup...

CC are loving amazing, and i suggest everyone see them live. When they played in ottawa years ago Alice was freaking out on stage, jammed some dudes head up her skirt while screaming into the mic. Me and my buddy were standing on the side of the stage, she ran over and jumped on my back and essentially humped my tailbone and got in a loving wrestling match with me.

It's pretty much one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
What does crystal castles dude do live? I've only seen them once ages and ages ago when they were first starting out and he played bass over a CD playing the beats.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Volvagia posted:

What does crystal castles dude do live? I've only seen them once ages and ages ago when they were first starting out and he played bass over a CD playing the beats.

when i saw them they were running a DAT for base tracks and he was doing some live vocorder/ synth work.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Threatis posted:

someone in the uk bitching about an awesome lineup on this side of the pond is one of the most enraging things i've ever heard in my life.

hahaha yeah, learn to appreciate what you've got

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Threatis posted:

when i saw them they were running a DAT for base tracks and he was doing some live vocorder/ synth work.

I hear so much negative stuff about them, including 'the dude doesn't do anything live', 'they steal most of their music from the 8-bit community', etc. etc. but they can craft some killer beats and their success means there is an audience for more out-there electronic stuff in north america so it's all good. Lighten up, CC haters.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Volvagia posted:

I hear so much negative stuff about them, including 'the dude doesn't do anything live', 'they steal most of their music from the 8-bit community', etc. etc. but they can craft some killer beats and their success means there is an audience for more out-there electronic stuff in north america so it's all good. Lighten up, CC haters.

A. most acts you see dont do anything live, or they do very little. grow up you drat babies.

B. the chip tune community is filled with manchildren who want their music to sound like a metroid boss level and cant ever understand that the melody they created [i]might possibly be stumbled on by someone else completely independent from them. grow up you drat babies.

C. chiptunes suck and they're the reason that Deadmau5 exist. grow drat babies.

D. grow up you drat babies.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
On this whole topic I saw kap bambino (sick french electropunk) awhile back and the tiny crowd was about 50% goony goons who obviously had never heard of the screamers or Suicide or the units and it was super funny. same thing happens at polysics shows too. I bet a Danger show has an even more hilariously awkward audience.

bog savant fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 15, 2010

Interval
Mar 12, 2006
Look at my toe everybody!
I'm DEFINITELY going to hard summer this summer.

btw I plan on being a pretty famous music arist within the next three years. (very serious)

here's my most recent track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya932WibH7c

CubistK2
Sep 14, 2008

Threatis posted:

CC are loving amazing, and i suggest everyone see them live. When they played in ottawa years ago Alice was freaking out on stage, jammed some dudes head up her skirt while screaming into the mic. Me and my buddy were standing on the side of the stage, she ran over and jumped on my back and essentially humped my tailbone and got in a loving wrestling match with me.

It's pretty much one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

The singer's great for audience interaction and all (I've never seen so much crowd surfing in an electro act) but yeah thats about it. I saw them live and had quite the opposite experience. Alice's screaming just seems so unfitting and useless 90% of the time, she ruins any melody that the synth bros are going for. The only song I remembered enjoying was "crimewave", which thankfully they played about three times, realizing their only strength. At the end, they gave a big "gently caress off" to the crowd and refused to do any encores.

I Much preferred Crystal Method the week before

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

CubistK2 posted:

The singer's great for audience interaction and all (I've never seen so much crowd surfing in an electro act) but yeah thats about it. I saw them live and had quite the opposite experience. Alice's screaming just seems so unfitting and useless 90% of the time, she ruins any melody that the synth bros are going for. The only song I remembered enjoying was "crimewave", which thankfully they played about three times, realizing their only strength. At the end, they gave a big "gently caress off" to the crowd and refused to do any encores.

sounds like a typical case of "bad night" i've had them before too.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

incoherent posted:

Dude look at the time. It ends at midnight and a terrible venue.

loving green velvet, however.

holy poo poo, aha, why would they do this?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Threatis posted:

uk isnt london.

Rakshas
Jun 7, 2003
Oompa Loompa Extraordinarie

Interval posted:

I'm DEFINITELY going to hard summer this summer.

btw I plan on being a pretty famous music arist within the next three years. (very serious)

This is rough. I like it rough.

Edit: I want this on MP3 please.

Rakshas fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 15, 2010

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

LE0N posted:

holy poo poo, aha, why would they do this?

It is a state park.

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
last years got shut down before midnight maybe theyre hoping the event ends before the fire marshal catches wind

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
I know you guys hate HARD cuz of last summer, but I gotta admit, HARD 13 at Club Nokia was such a well-put-together show. My faith in Destructo putting on good events has been restored...

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

JimmyJazz posted:

last years got shut down before midnight maybe theyre hoping the event ends before the fire marshal catches wind

No that was largely due to an unsafe situation... idiots jumping from the second story balcony.

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

Interval posted:

Lady and the Tramp?
Is that what that was?
woah

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Mr Viper posted:

I know you guys hate HARD cuz of last summer, but I gotta admit, HARD 13 at Club Nokia was such a well-put-together show. My faith in Destructo putting on good events has been restored...

There is a HARD event at terminal 5, which is a difficult venue to gently caress up. So hopefully I will report back good things. I will dagger the night away to major lazer.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
Major Lazer and Buraka at Terminal 5 is gonna be amazing.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

LE0N posted:

uk isnt london.

it is actually

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

Awwwww yeahhh I've been waiting for this for a long time. It's going to be one hell of a night.

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
schlachthofbronx does a really nice mix of electro and bass, check out some of their tracks

Spot Clean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU05rk8-mPY&fmt=18
Belly Full of Pills (Disco Trash Remix) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmjAdMAbYww&fmt=18

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

phractured posted:

I will dagger the night away to major lazer.
I'm going to see how many crazy pictures with Skerrit Bwoy I can get.

Stravinskus
Feb 19, 2008

LE0N posted:

God the location/times are a joke. Destructo was promising a great new venue and pulls out this?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Tualek posted:

I'm going to see how many crazy pictures with Skerrit Bwoy I can get.

i got one of my girl and him.

be warned he WILL try and gently caress your girl.

there's also some from the afterparty in montreal but NO loving WAY is that poo poo gettin on the internet.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Threatis posted:

A. most acts you see dont do anything live, or they do very little. grow up you drat babies.

B. the chip tune community is filled with manchildren who want their music to sound like a metroid boss level and cant ever understand that the melody they created [i]might possibly be stumbled on by someone else completely independent from them. grow up you drat babies.

C. chiptunes suck and they're the reason that Deadmau5 exist. grow drat babies.

D. grow up you drat babies.

I love crystal castles and I'll support any act from my city regardless, but your comments are literally the first positive thing I've heard about their live show.

Firaga posted:

Awwwww yeahhh I've been waiting for this for a long time. It's going to be one hell of a night.

Getting VIP hookups somehow! I'm so pumped for this. Check out Nasty Nav if you get an opportunity. He's a great local act and if I remember correctly he owns wrongbar in the west end.

Fearian
Nov 21, 2007

TSSSSSSssssss...

Firaga posted:

How well known is annie mac in the states?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Lysis posted:

I love crystal castles and I'll support any act from my city regardless, but your comments are literally the first positive thing I've heard about their live show.

hahaha you from toronto or mtl?

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Threatis posted:

hahaha you from toronto or mtl?

Toronto !!

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

Fearian posted:

How well known is annie mac in the states?

Lots of American EDM heads listen to Radio 1. She's probably as well known as Kutski or Kissy Sell Out, maybe less so than Pete Tong or Mary Anne Hobbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

i listen to Annie Mac weekly.