Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

Threatis posted:

C. chiptunes suck and they're the reason that Deadmau5 exist. grow drat babies.

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm still trying to figure this one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007

Rukes posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm still trying to figure this one out.

hes a 4chan videogame dweeb at heart so you can imagine how he got into electronic music

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

JimmyJazz posted:

hes a 4chan videogame dweeb at heart so you can imagine how he got into electronic music

hahaha i dont know if you're talking about me, but you couldn't be futher from the truth.

edit: ah, you're talking about JOEL ZIMMERMAN. took me a second there.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

I could seriously watch this for hours

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

JimmyJazz posted:

Well I was more towards the "grow drat babies" order, but no, that's not how Deadmau5 got into electronic music.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Rukes posted:

Well I was more towards the "grow drat babies" order, but no, that's not how Deadmau5 got into electronic music.

it was a joke about the synmtax of the "grow up you drat babies" point i made in all the other items with silly syntax.

THANKS FOR MAKING ME EXPLAIN THE JOKE AND THUS RUIN IT RUKES. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Rukes posted:

I just saw the pictures of deadmau5 at that elementary school. I was just getting into electronica in middle school, I can't imagine the biggest DJ in the world coming to my class...

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Mr Viper posted:

I just saw the pictures of deadmau5 at that elementary school. I was just getting into electronica in middle school, I can't imagine the biggest DJ in the world coming to my class...

if i can get one of my old high school buddies to give it up i got some CHOICE pictures of JOEL ZIMMERMAN gurnin' like a motherfucker with big fuzzy fun fur mittens on.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
I love these pictures so much. I'm pretty sure they're from this thread somewhere...

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

Threatis posted:

JOEK STUFF

NOOOOOOOO :( Im sad now :( You should edit the post and remove it, since I have seen it now and to save the joke!

Mr Viper posted:

Well we have lots of video that hopefully we will put together on YouTube, but the girl on the left in the last pic was part of the second class that came in during the period change, so she started off by coming in the room with her hands over her mouth and jumping up and down going "OH MY GOD ITS REALLY HIM" for a good 5 mintues before sitting down :)

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Mr Viper posted:

I love these pictures so much. I'm pretty sure they're from this thread somewhere...

i was at this party, I'm like 95% sure of it.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
:drat:

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Threatis you always sayin you got stories bout deadmau5, give us the goods.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Volvagia posted:

i thought i posted the best one from a few years back where he threatened to kick my rear end then stormed into the club saying i "wasn't worth his time" because i was tellin a friend how much he sucked without realizing the gigantic nerd was like, 10 feet away.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Threatis posted:

i was at this party, I'm like 95% sure of it.

I thought those were pics of you anyway?

Samuel K. Doe
Jan 25, 2010

by Ozma

Threatis posted:

i thought i posted the best one from a few years back where he threatened to kick my rear end then stormed into the club saying i "wasn't worth his time" because i was tellin a friend how much he sucked without realizing the gigantic nerd was like, 10 feet away.

great story

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

I didn't think I could hate that guy any more...

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
HEY GUYS HAVE I *MENTIONED* HOW *STUPID* DEADMAU5 IS YET ON THIS PAGE

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
No word of a lie nearly 3 dozen people walked out on his set when I last saw him in Toronto 2 years back.

:ghost:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

stun runner posted:

HEY GUYS HAVE I *MENTIONED* HOW *STUPID* DEADMAU5 IS YET ON THIS PAGE

I NO NOT THIS ONE.

stunn you love all dance music, you can't hate the MAUSH.

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

Volvagia posted:

Of course I would be the worst person to ask that question to.

Anyway, there is always a lot of BS that gets passed around about Deadmau5, it's pretty hilarious how gullible people are.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I know we all love deadmau5 here but there dude is a dick in real life so deadmau5 if you are reading this, stop being a douche.

Anyone in the LA scene heard of my boy Dj Precept? He spins with Fake Blood a Cinespace (Dim Mak nights) and a grip of other venues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yq6NjHRO1s&feature=youtu.be&aBad video I know..

Any goons going to see Jack Beats in San Diego this Thursday?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Rukes posted:

Of course I would be the worst person to ask that question to.

Anyway, there is always a lot of BS that gets passed around about Deadmau5, it's pretty hilarious how gullible people are.

wait aren't you JOEL ZIMMERMAN'S personal photographer?

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
Well if you namesearch threatis with the keyword deadmau5 you get literally three pages of hits, so I guess it's pretty clear who mau5y's biggest fan is around these parts :D

Anyway, I've met deadmau5 a few times and he's been the nicest celebrity I've had a chance to encounter so take of that what you will. oops, looks like I pulled a threatis *carefully picks name back up off the ground*

Just joshin though. opinions are like butts and all that.

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

yancy2010 posted:

I know we all love deadmau5 here but there dude is a dick in real life so deadmau5 if you are reading this, stop being a douche.

Case in point. No, he isn't a dick in real life. I would venture to say 99% of the people who have met him and call him a douche really were complete douchebags to him in the first place. Unlike most other people/DJs who would walk away or just nod, fake smile and pretend, he does fight back :) So usually when people get poo poo upon for trying to poo poo upon someone, they run away and start crying "OMG what a douchebag!" to save face. Happens WAYYY too many times.

Threatis posted:

wait aren't you JOEL ZIMMERMAN'S personal photographer?

Yes I am.

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

Another deadmau5 circlejerk?

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
Deadmau5 single handedly managed to get a bunch of completely smashed college students to stop dancing and stare at the DJ in the middle of a friend's birthday party about a year and a half ago. I thought it was quite the accomplishment since despite being on all kinds of poo poo, I still remembered someone mentioning it was Deadmau5 even though I had never heard the name before.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Rukes posted:

Case in point. No, he isn't a dick in real life. I would venture to say 99% of the people who have met him and call him a douche really were complete douchebags to him in the first place. Unlike most other people/DJs who would walk away or just nod, fake smile and pretend, he does fight back :) So usually when people get poo poo upon for trying to poo poo upon someone, they run away and start crying "OMG what a douchebag!" to save face. Happens WAYYY too many times.

Yes I am.

Didn't realize this whole page was a Deadmau5 h8 thread. Maybe he's nice. I've met him plenty of times in LA and have never walked away without thinking "douche".

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
I met rukes IRL

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

melee beats posted:

I met rukes IRL
was he a douche though

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Let me get in on this fap? It really sounds like a fun like you're all having.

@yancy2010

Does that DJ have any tracks or any longer youtube videos with some longer sets you could provide us with? After a quick google search I only found a poorly made myspace of some UK DnB guy named DJ Precept and thats about it.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
I saw deadmau5 he put on a sick show and the crowd loved it and I like his albums am I a pleb

shit
Jun 4, 2009
I don't like deadmau5 that much. There's nothing he does that screams that he has a lot of talent like Kavinsky and Danger. I'm sure he's good for doing understated work like soundtracks though.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
Haha the difference between Danger and Deadmau5 is that people would actually show up to a Deadmau5 show

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

Threatis posted:

i got one of my girl and him.

be warned he WILL try and gently caress your girl.

there's also some from the afterparty in montreal but NO loving WAY is that poo poo gettin on the internet.

SKERRIT BWOY's guide to success: dagger this poo poo out of EVERYTHING

threatis is just biased about Deadmau5 cause he loving knows the dudes from JOKERS OF THE SCENE (Lucky rear end Canadian.) who I'm sure are like the chillest loving dudes knowing Fool's Gold. A-trak, as big as he is, is still the loving man. (Also Deadmau5 is kind of wack)

http://vimeo.com/7258731 Outtakes from Electro Wars

Tualek fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 17, 2010

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

no wonder he wears that mask

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/46175/Earth_to_Deadmau5_too_much_information_dude

MzKzM
Sep 16, 2007

god that guy is so ugly. look at that stupid space invader tattoo on his neck.
or what about this?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Mods rename this thread "HEH..NAMEDROP :smug:"

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007

LE0N posted:

Mods rename this thread "HEH..NAMEDROP :smug:"

welcome to the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU