Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
this is how i feel about deadmau5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

[ASK] Deadmau5 about his massive meth addiction!

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Threatis posted:

[ASK] Deadmau5 about his massive meth addiction!

How did it feel?? To get sued by EMI for libel

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct
that is some hosed up repugnant poo poo right there

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

bobz0r posted:

that is some hosed up repugnant poo poo right there

dont be too hard on him. He's from Belleville, and they really only got electricity last week.

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct
It must be hard living life without a can opener, but you, deadmau5, you soldier on, and serve as inspiration for all :downs:

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
You guys are going so hard.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
hey can we talk about electro someone drop a sick track

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Hey just wondering if anyone else lives in a city that still tries to have a rave scene like we had from the mid 90's through the early 2000s?

There's one in ottawa and its AMAZINGLY laughable.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Threatis posted:

Hey just wondering if anyone else lives in a city that still tries to have a rave scene like we had from the mid 90's through the early 2000s?

There's still a hell of a lot of people in their mid 30's here in LA that try to do that poo poo... If you've ever heard of Burning Man, it's sort of the same crowd

and it's AMAZINGLY laughable

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

^ I LOLed at "if you've heard of Burning Man"... my mom's 80 year old friend from church has been to Burning Man... No offense bro but between this and your extreme cluelessness when it comes to recognizing major djs in the Essential Mix thread it might be better to start googling things you haven't heard of yet before assuming they're at all obscure

People still hella play happycore, gabber, hardstyle, trance, jungle, all that poo poo at the 'all ages dance parties' in Seattle and there's at least one big one every month, tho most of them are about as underground as a satellite it's definitely got what I would call a 'ravey vibe' (granted I only started partying in 2003-2004 when the scene was officially 'already dead' if you ask the old heads) Of course it's not gonna be the same as 'back in the day' but the drugs are good and the beats are loud and there are 14 year old girls are running around in giant rainbow brite pants and star pasties asking people if they want a light show, so if it quacks like a rave... I usually go to the 'Burner' parties and stuff myself that tend to have better music and an older crowd and those people scoff when you say the word 'rave'. There's also still outdoor renegades and warehouse parties, sometimes every weekend during the summer, that are much more underground with map points and call-for-directions-the-night-of but there's a lot less kandi at those and more house, west coast breaks, psytrance, or dubstep than oldschool 'rave music' or hardcore.

kundalini rinsing fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 17, 2010

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

There's still a hell of a lot of people in their mid 30's here in LA that try to do that poo poo... If you've ever heard of Burning Man, it's sort of the same crowd

and it's AMAZINGLY laughable

what are you even talking about?

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Vernacular posted:

what are you even talking about?

I've met a lot of crazy Venice people in their thirties that are pretty cracked out and still try to put on shows like they went to in the 90's. It's the same group of people that go to the burning man festival... what part of this is confusing?

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
Been playing this track non-stop lately. Loving the vocal work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59a5ekcAaoY
Mokier for Hugo Van Dyck, whos song "Give My Love a Try" is also great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1d11XWnSFU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

I've met a lot of crazy Venice people in their thirties that are pretty cracked out and still try to put on shows like they went to in the 90's. It's the same group of people that go to the burning man festival... what part of this is confusing?

burning man attracts a much more diverse audience than that. it's not just a bunch of venice beach crazies trying to relive their high times.

and like etard said, your "if you've ever heard of burning man" comment was pretty funny

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 17, 2010

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Vernacular posted:

burning man attracts a much more diverse audience than that. it's not just a bunch of venice beach crazies trying to relive their high times.

that's like saying HARD shows attract a much more diverse audience than 18 year old white kids rolling balls. It's a generalization, but it's mostly true

edit: etard, what are you talking about? I didn't recognize John "00" Fleming, so that makes me not know anything about DJ's? wow

edit 2: Can we go back to bashing deadmau5 instead of me, please

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 17, 2010

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

Threatis posted:

absolutely, and it's so bad here in north carolina since we get REDNECK RAVERS Y'ALL!

check out this sweet flyer, complete with terrible dj names and pajamas
front
back

quote:

We at U.R.R.provide private rave parties for underground birthdays, underground weddings and any other underground occasions.
http://undergroundrevolutionrecords.com/Parties.html

i'm putting in my will that when i die i'm having these guys throw an underground funeral for me

edit: and i'll have them play nothing but epic trance

Xesis fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 18, 2010

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

Mr Viper posted:

I think the whole point was more like raves that etard mention with the oldschool rave dress style and happy hardcore/gabber era music.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

that's like saying HARD shows attract a much more diverse audience than 18 year old white kids rolling balls. It's a generalization, but it's mostly true

edit: etard, what are you talking about? I didn't recognize John "00" Fleming, so that makes me not know anything about DJ's? wow

edit 2: Can we go back to bashing deadmau5 instead of me, please

my point was that your equation of burners to old folks tryin to relive an antiquated niche rave scene was a weird one

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Xesis posted:

absolutely, and it's so bad here in north carolina since we get REDNECK RAVERS Y'ALL!

front
back

i'm putting in my will that when i die i'm having these guys throw an underground funeral for me

aaahahahahaha oh my god about 6 loving names on that poo poo flyer are held by poo poo djs up here too.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Vernacular posted:

my point was that your equation of burners to old folks tryin to relive an antiquated niche rave scene was a weird one

I guess it would be if you didn't know these weirdos. You're better off, trust me.

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.
holy poo poo. Over 20 new posts so I thought we have a new heads will roll (atrak) or smth but noooo it's like 2 pages of loving deadmau5 bashing which is completely loving unrelated to anything.

make a thread finally threatis, go ahead - maybe dedicated him a homepage if you hate im that much. it's really getting ridiculous and nobody gives a flying gently caress anymore.

let's return to music, awesome people and positive stuff.
Dirty Disco Youth - Dim Mak signed young DJ who was born in Vienna and now works from Hamburg released his new EP - minds.. OFF. Pretty pushing if you want to party - maybe someone digs this.

here's his soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dirty-disco-youth

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
HAVE

I

MENTIONED

HOW

LAME

DAEDMAUS

IS

YET

goatmouth
Oct 24, 2005

:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Soon Mr. Moon will be shining bright so the best day ever will last all night.

Xesis posted:

front
back

edit: and i'll have them play nothing but epic trance

erm...i guess you're forgetting that a few times each year headliners like baby anne and dj icey roll through and then the realest ravers show their kandi

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
I saw you guys making fun of chiptunes so I whipped this up http://soundcloud.com/hurricanejones/8-bit-sweat

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
hahah that's so horrible!!!! what the gently caress that sucks.

anyway, if you want some REAL music, allow me to recommend [LATEST MAD DECENT RELEASE GOES HERE]

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
Word you definitely put that 30 minute track through its paces in the 3 minutes since it was posted.

And in case anyone was curious I did that live in one shot and exported it so I know there's some awkward moments.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

vossi posted:

holy poo poo. Over 20 new posts so I thought we have a new heads will roll (atrak) or smth but noooo it's like 2 pages of loving deadmau5 bashing which is completely loving unrelated to anything.

make a thread finally threatis, go ahead - maybe dedicated him a homepage if you hate im that much. it's really getting ridiculous and nobody gives a flying gently caress anymore.

let's return to music, awesome people and positive stuff.
Dirty Disco Youth - Dim Mak signed young DJ who was born in Vienna and now works from Hamburg released his new EP - minds.. OFF. Pretty pushing if you want to party - maybe someone digs this.

here's his soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dirty-disco-youth

Dirty disco youth is pretty bitching. Check out some of the remixes of Brains... OFF there are some really good ones out there.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.
Starkillers - Bitch rear end Trick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBdTdVBjsTs

Loving this track so much, amazing beat.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
If you like classic Chicago/French house, check this out:

http://soundcloud.com/melee/melee-violet

thArf
Oct 9, 2009

melee beats posted:

If you like classic Chicago/French house, check this out:

http://soundcloud.com/melee/melee-violet

You've got some interesting stuff for sure, I will def play this track early in the night in one of my sets. I'm now following you on soundcloud so I'll keep an eye on your posts.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

thArf posted:

You've got some interesting stuff for sure, I will def play this track early in the night in one of my sets. I'm now following you on soundcloud so I'll keep an eye on your posts.

You haven't heard of me before? I'm melee "awkward video" beats

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

melee beats posted:

You haven't heard of me before? I'm melee "awkward video" beats

Number 1 ringtone producer on SA.

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
No, just a couple posts on here. But I must say there are some lulzy comments on your youtube vids.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

IanTheM posted:

Number 1 ringtone producer on SA.

I need to buy a new avatar that one is pretty retarded

I am misunderstood :sigh:

thArf posted:

No, just a couple posts on here. But I must say there are some lulzy comments on your youtube vids.

You should check out "Distraction," that's number one on Last.fm

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
Sick track, I can hear all those VSTs churning away.

How much do you get paid off last.fm?

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...

melee beats posted:

I need to buy a new avatar that one is pretty retarded

I am misunderstood :sigh:

Simultaneous dick-ride and shameless plug, I was listening to some of your poo poo the other day on the way home from work, came home and promptly made this which since its not like my normal poo poo, i dedicate thusly to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkgRQQDW5ho (original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSRXbj-mYKc)

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

melee beats posted:

Yeah, I remember when this came out a long time ago. That was my favourite track on the album

qwako
Sep 11, 2009
Closing down sale at this record label a lot of cheap stuff going http://www.tempestrecords.co.uk

Samuel K. Doe
Jan 25, 2010

by Ozma

vossi posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

Samuel K. Doe posted:

oh wow, get out