Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

not a dinosaur posted:

I'm waiting for Stza make a new band that isn't terrible

The first star loving hipsters album was pretty good, I liked it at least.

Im waiting for Big D and the Kids Table to fire their singer or for him to die or something. His halfass talksing terriblness has made the last 2 album unlistenable. Also the lyrics are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll agree with a mostly horn and decent Aquabats! album.

Do you think they'll do a 20th Anniversary Pezcore next year?

LTJ seems to be a little put off when I mention I've been coming to see them for ten years, so maybe they don't want to think about being around that long.

E:

aricoarena posted:

Im waiting for Big D and the Kids Table to fire their singer or for him to die or something. His halfass talksing terriblness has made the last 2 album unlistenable. Also the lyrics are poo poo.

Weren't most of their earlier songs written by a horn player who left the band?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
They've already done the Pezcore rerelease with the concert DVD, thats why I'm hoping for Hello Rockview

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dickeye posted:

They've already done the Pezcore rerelease with the concert DVD, thats why I'm hoping for Hello Rockview

Rockview could definitley use a reissue. However, I don't know if they can afford to buy it and Losing Streak back from Capitol.

Okay, I checked Amazon, and had ignored the 2008 version of Pezcore since I already have two different versions of it. 20th Anniversary doesn't matter so much with it being that recent. They can just put a sticker on the cover.

I still really want the Losing Streak picture disc. They should reissue that.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

The long haired sax player? That would make sence. I just keep being surprised by how much i used to love them and how much I completely hate them now. The music isnt that bad either, if they were just instramentles they would improve the new songs 200%

aricoarena fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 18, 2010

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Yes. Go track down some Drexel albums.

Sugar Blaster fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 18, 2010

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

It would be loving cool if The Aquabats brought back a horn section but I thought they decided they were a "surf punk" band now or whatever? I didn't have the feeling they were interested in doing horns again

aricoarena posted:

The first star loving hipsters album was pretty good, I liked it at least.

I like a couple of songs but overall I thought it was really cheesy and kind of embarrassing to listen to. Maybe I should feel that way about Choking Victim/Leftover Crack but for whatever reason I don't

And I always figured Big D would break up instead of replacing their singer

Honestly deep down I am waiting for The Impossibles to do a reunion tour

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

not a dinosaur posted:

Honestly deep down I am waiting for The Impossibles to do a reunion tour

I'd be down to see The Gadjits as long as it was as their ska incarnation and not their indie album.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Post-ska Impossibles were really fun. I used to be all about Return and the Brick Bomb EP. Also, their slowreader album was increeedible.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rockview could definitley use a reissue. However, I don't know if they can afford to buy it and Losing Streak back from Capitol.

They've already bought the rights to all their albums back and apparently are going to be rereleasing them on their own label

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dickeye posted:

They've already bought the rights to all their albums back and apparently are going to be rereleasing them on their own label

Do you have a source regarding Losing Streak and Hello Rockview reissues? I don't remember those being mentioned and I just skimmed a year's worth of updates on their official site.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Do you have a source regarding Losing Streak and Hello Rockview reissues? I don't remember those being mentioned and I just skimmed a year's worth of updates on their official site.
http://thepunksite.com/interviews.php?page=paperandplastick

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oh gently caress august oh jesus oh holy poo poo

I'm kinda let down that it won't be a DVD/CD combo like Pezcore was though. But maybe that'll be at Christmas time

e: I had just read on wiki that they were going to be rereleasing, I hadn't heard anything about the DVDs

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks. I really should keep up on Vinnie's blog.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thanks. I really should keep up on Vinnie's blog.

This led me to Vinnie's twitter, which led me to Jeff Rosenstock's twitter, which is awesome

e: Which led me back to WATU's twitter and those dudes have a nwe album coming out ON MY BIRTHDAY HELL YES

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 19, 2010

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress it I'm not editing that again. If you go to the P+P site they have a couple packages of the new WATU album. Vinyl + CD for $12, the same with a t-shirt for $22, and all three LP colors plus a CD for $30, and all of those come with a free download of Who We Are if you didn't get it when it was still on community records

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Dickeye posted:

gently caress it I'm not editing that again. If you go to the P+P site they have a couple packages of the new WATU album. Vinyl + CD for $12, the same with a t-shirt for $22, and all three LP colors plus a CD for $30, and all of those come with a free download of Who We Are if you didn't get it when it was still on community records

The songs they've posted over the past few days have been great. WATU always brings a ton of energy to their stuff, I'm impressed how these songs keep it going full steam.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I'm definitely picking up the mp3s from Amazon when it comes out

On my birthday

Best present so far that wasn't my chucks

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

There was a free LTJ show on friday at UCF that was awesome. It was an album show, and they played losing streak. I didn't get to the florida friends show that had losing streak so that was pretty awesome.

Then I came home and my FIF DVD was here, yesssss.

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
Anyone else pre-order 99 songs? I pre-ordered the tshirt/poster/cd bundle from the RISC website on march 9th and I still haven't received it. I emailed them two days ago inquiring with no response.

Stoop Kid fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 24, 2010

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I've yet to receive my vinyl of it.

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
I got my basic-package CD a few days ago with the poster and the coupon. The coupon password for the RISC store was "Trololo." Good times.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
RISC posted something the other day that basically said they're restructuring delivery and poo poo will be gotten soon

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If y'all aren't following We Are The Union on twitter, you should be. I want a new song dangit

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i'm starting a ska blog only because i came up with the best loving name for it ever. if any of you want to help write, i'm down. i have a friend who's going to help out also.

and from the way-back machine:

lessthankyle posted:

Anyone in the NYC area, this is probably of interest: High School Football Heroes are reuniting for another show.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=320841162169&ref=ts

There's this band I'm going to see with RX in August (Next 86 I think they are called) and apparently they are a HSFBH/Edna's Goldfish supergroup and I'm all loving hot about it already

Josh Wow posted:

http://www.terminal5nyc.com/event/4276

It looks like I'm going to get to go see the loving SPECIALS on 4/20 in NYC! We're doing a northeast tour that week and just now realized The Specials are gonna be playing on a day we don't have a show yet. This is the BEST poo poo EVER gently caress

I'm seriously going to camp out in front of terminal 5 starting on the 19th and try to scalp some tickets

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Obama Yo Mama posted:

There's this band I'm going to see with RX in August (Next 86 I think they are called) and apparently they are a HSFBH/Edna's Goldfish supergroup and I'm all loving hot about it already

Nix 86. Also features members of Flaming Tsunamis and ASOB/BTMI. We're playing a show with them in Brooklyn in a couple weeks. Royal City Riot, Best of the Worst and Barnaby Jones will be playing as well. Should be a kickass show.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

when, where and how much? i love royal city riot from the time i got to see them open for bedouin soundclash and i'd love to see them again maybe pick up a cd and some merch. i've also never seen you guys either so it should be a good time. i could go right after work on a weekday if that's when it is.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
East Coast Collective Presents
Friday, April 23rd 2010

Royal City Riot
The Best of the Worst
Taj Motel Trio (on tour from Georgia)
Barnaby Jones
Nix86

Bushwick Music Studios
55 Waterbury Street
Brooklyn, NY

7:30pm Doors
$7

Get Stoked!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

holy poo poo i am totally there. that's right off the L, i work near herald square and get out at 6 so i'll be there before doors even open, nice.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I'm seriously going to camp out in front of terminal 5 starting on the 19th and try to scalp some tickets

Why? The show on the 20th isn't sold out yet. The show on the 21st is.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

get the gently caress out of here, i was told it was sold out...

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Anybody else get their shipments from the RISC store?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Nope

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Obama Yo Mama posted:

i'm starting a ska blog only because i came up with the best loving name for it ever. if any of you want to help write, i'm down. i have a friend who's going to help out also.

Yeah I guess I'd be down with writing every now and then

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

Anybody else get their shipments from the RISC store?

I got my LP on Saturday I think.

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I'll help, dunno what I'd write about but I'll give it a shot.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Josh Wow posted:

East Coast Collective Presents
Friday, April 23rd 2010

Royal City Riot
The Best of the Worst
Taj Motel Trio (on tour from Georgia)
Barnaby Jones
Nix86

Bushwick Music Studios
55 Waterbury Street
Brooklyn, NY

7:30pm Doors
$7

Get Stoked!

Wow, I'm very much there.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I would love to be able to contribute!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

all the bloogers interested, sign up for an account on wordpress and i'll hook you up with site access., all i ask is you let me check out what you're writing before we throw it up there. i really don't want to edit it or anything, i just want to make sure no one steps on each other's toes and starts writing about something that someone else wants to do/is already doing.

i'm planning on doing a lot of concert/album reviews so that's stuff that everyone can have a hand in.

here's the site, nothing's on it yet: http://thenecroskamicon.wordpress.com

i'm probably going to do a write up on 99SOR when i get a chance to really sit and absorb it

Dickeye posted:

Yeah I guess I'd be down with writing every now and then

i was hoping you'd be interested. i'd also love if josh wow would want to throw something up every once in a while to get an insider's point-of-view :allears:

e: also if there's any must have sites/blogs you want me to throw up on the bookmarks/blogroll let me know. even if it just a friend's blog that you want to get the name out for. i'm already doing that for a friend and my job.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 1, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

e: double post