Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Gnomad posted:

If it's been outside, erk. Homer is pretty brutal rust-wise, as you already know.

I can imagine. Right by the ocean, plus they see a bit of winter..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Winter does not cause rust. Salt on roads in winter causes rust.

Cars don't rust too badly in Alaska away from the coasts, because there isn't a lot of salt used on the roads. (That said, every other way in which the environment could brutalize a car, it does.)

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

MrKatharsis posted:

Behind on payments much?

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/1648755531.html

Ah yes. One of these brilliant people who list poo poo for 5 times the value because HEY ALL I NEED IS ONE PERSON TO BUY IT. :hurr:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Gnomad posted:

For some weird reason I've wanted one of these

And I don't feel that I should have to explain my art to you.

About a 6 hour trip one way. Being an proper Alaskan of course I'd do the round trip in one day, burning anger and caffiene. Heaven help me I emailed the guy.

Dude, if you get tired on the drive back, you can sleep in the back of the 95. They convert into a bed, standard feature.

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
Well, aren't you, um.... odd?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/1650195104.html

quote:

'67 Dodge A-100 Van with covered back half in good running condition.

Very Collectible!

Classic surf van or overnight camper.

Please contact Paul or Marianna

Thank you for your interest!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
Saab 95 update-no title. No road trip. Move along, nothing to see here.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

Winter does not cause rust. Salt on roads in winter causes rust.

Moisture (from the air and rain) and oxygen on unprotected metal is what generally results in rust. According to Wikipedia, salt causes an "electro-chemical reaction", which speeds it up, but cars still rust freely in areas where they don't salt the roads.

Ever let a car with disc brakes sit for a week? Tiny specs of rust will already have formed on the discs, even if it's been sitting out of the reach of salt, and in the winter, with moist air, it can begin rusting in a day.

jandrese
Apr 3, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Isn't winter air typically drier, on account of the low temperatures reducing the moisture capacity of the air?

I think the majority of the winter == rust comes from salt on the roads. Otherwise you'd think it would be spring == rust, when it's raining a lot or summer when it gets humid.

One of the interesting things my parents noticed when they moved from West Virginia to Louisiana: In WV there were all variety of old rustbuckets on the road, but in LA it seemed like everybody had new cars everywhere. My theory is that the rust problem is actually much worse in LA, and in fact kills poorly maintained cars that in WV could have stayed on the road for another decade or so. Even though WV gets snow and salts roads, the constant swamp-like conditions in LA were even worse.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

jandrese posted:

One of the interesting things my parents noticed when they moved from West Virginia to Louisiana: In WV there were all variety of old rustbuckets on the road, but in LA it seemed like everybody had new cars everywhere. My theory is that the rust problem is actually much worse in LA, and in fact kills poorly maintained cars that in WV could have stayed on the road for another decade or so. Even though WV gets snow and salts roads, the constant swamp-like conditions in LA were even worse.

Are you sure they moved to Louisiana?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

jandrese posted:

Isn't winter air typically drier, on account of the low temperatures reducing the moisture capacity of the air?

Yes.

What's funny though, is that the places that would be most likely to have more rust in winter (the ones where it is warm enough that you can have slush through most of the winter) are also the ones that use the most salt.

If it's really goddamn cold, melting the ice to slush just runs the risk of having your salty slush freeze into a popcorn like texture that is about the most dangerous surface in the world to drive on...worse than smooth wet ice.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Look at this poor bastard.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

leica posted:

The only honest ad on CL?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Ok, this is pretty much the deal of the century on Scouts.

If you ever wanted a Scout and you don't buy this you are a fool. I mean it may have some sort of issues going on that can't be seen on the ad, but if it's as clean as it looks, it should sell for over $5000.

irrationalx
Mar 17, 2010
I'm speechless.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1636297873.html

quote:

2002 SUBARU WRX ----CLEAN TITLE----
AROUND 96.xxx MILES

IM SELLING THAT CAR BECAUSE I'M PLANNING TO MOVE.
THIS IS VERY TURN HEAD CAR. I PAINT IN LAMBORGHINI ORANGE COLOR. THE CAR IS PAINTED INSIDE AND OUTSIDE, IT COST ME OVER 4K TO PAINT IT.
ALSO I INSTALL REAR END FROM 2007 SUBARU WRX STI, THAT INCLUDES SPOILLER, BUMPER AND LIGHTS AND THAT COST ME ANOTHER 2K WITH ALL INSTALL.
IT HAVE 8K HID HEAD LIGHTS, AND EXSDEAD OF FOG LIGHTS THERE IS STI COVERS AND LED LIGHTS UNDER IT-RED-. ALSO UNDER THE CAR IN WIRES REMOTED -NEON- LIGHTS THAT IS PROGREAMMED.
INSIDE THERE IS 7" DVD/CD/SD-CARD/IPOD PLAYS PLAYER WITH A WIDE ANGLE BACK UP CAMERA WITH A NIGHT VISION. CLUSTER THERE WAS REMODULED AND CUSTOM. IT HAVE A TACHOMETER WITH A RED LIGHT FOR BETTER CHANGING GEAR AND 8"SCREEN FOR ANY USE. LED LIGHT UNDER SITS. 6 UPGRADED SPEAKES, 1 SUBWOOFER AND 2 TWITTERS WITH -AMPLIFIER- IS INSTALLED THERE. 500W SYSTEM.
ALSO THERE IS HOOK UP FOR A PLAYSTATION AND 12V TO 110V CONVERTER INSTALLED THERE. THERE IS ALOT MORE TO SAY ABOUT THE CAR.
IT LOWERED WITH TEIN SPRINGS(GREEN) AND MORE THEN 75% TREADS ON WHEELS AND IT HAVE A FULL EXHAUST 3" VERY LOAD AND NICE SOUND ONE.
IT CANT PASS SMOG CHECK BECAUSE OF EXHAUST, BUT IT PASS VERY GOOD LAST YEAR. NO SMOG COMES OUT FROM EXHAUST....... CAR SELLS -AS IS-
I INVEST IN CAR MORE THEN 7.000$ SO IM ASKING 10.200 OBO

CALL/TEXT ME 9164123137 DAN
alot more pictures on the way.........

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

irrationalx posted:

I'm speechless.

:psyduck:

What on Earth did he do to the cluster?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
He JDMed it.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
It looks like Halloween vomited/ejaculated all over that car.

CatBus
May 12, 2001

Who wants a mustache ride?

trouser chili posted:

If you ever wanted a Scout and you don't buy this you are a fool. I mean it may have some sort of issues going on that can't be seen on the ad, but if it's as clean as it looks, it should sell for over $5000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-International-Scout-80_W0QQitemZ110508036149QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item19bacad035

That thing showed up on ebay recently, and it looks like a repaint covering who knows what (check out the pictures inside the bed, since they are the most telling of the ones in the ad). I dropped $3k on my 800, in better shape, and I WAY overpaid (and 80s seem to sell for less, for some reason, regardless of the SSS value guide). Then I paid even more to have it shipped. I don't regret it, but just fyi, there are better deals around. There are 80s going for stupid cheap in CA all the time :/.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

leica posted:

Oh no I bought a money pit! Help me get out of this, will trade for Opel GT. He didn't have bad luck, he simply doesn't know how to avoid money pits.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Oh no I bought a money pit! Help me get out of this, will trade for Opel GT. He didn't have bad luck, he simply doesn't know how to avoid money pits.

As much as I'd love to own a 7 series I just don't hate myself that much. Probably tops the list of piles of poo poo I'd like to own but don't have the intestinal fortitude.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Another entrepreneur extraordinaire

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-Ride-a-Harley-Davidson-W0QQAdIdZ193100250

quote:

NO DUDE'S

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

OR you could go to a dealer and test drive one for free...

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

This is the perfect scheme. Having chicks pay you to try to get in their pants.

That is, it would be the perfect scheme if it weren't absolutely loving retarded.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

irrationalx posted:

I'm speechless.

Needs more gauges.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Notice he posts a picture of the bike and not himself.

I bet he gets a lot of grandmas interested.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

irrationalx posted:

I'm speechless.

This is the part that blew me away, even more than the car actually.

quote:

AND EXSDEAD OF FOG LIGHTS THERE IS STI COVERS

It took me several minutes to realize that EXSDEAD is supposed to be "INSTEAD". Do people literally never read? They just attempt to write, using their second-grade spelling ability, whatever mangled mispronunciations come out of their mouth? I've seen "ask" written as "aks" and "actually" spelled "accholy", but this takes the cake. Who over the age of four says poo poo like this?

"An' an' an' it haaass uhhhhh....it haaaas a nengine, wit a trubo changer, and extead of igzoss pipes it haaaaas rokits"

orange lime fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 20, 2010

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

orange lime posted:

This is the part that blew me away, even more than the car actually.

It took me several minutes to realize that EXSDEAD is supposed to be "INSTEAD". Do people literally never read? They just attempt to write, using their second-grade spelling ability, whatever mangled mispronunciations come out of their mouth? I've seen "ask" written as "aks" and "actually" spelled "accholy", but this takes the cake. Who over the age of four says poo poo like this?

"An' an' an' it haaass uhhhhh....it haaaas a nengine, wit a trubo changer, and extead of igzoss pipes it haaaaas rokits"
It is amazing the number of Craiglist/eBay ads show in this thread that have some bloody obvious spelling mistakes, and in worse cases, totally unreadable sentences.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Remember that Subaru XT that was in a deserty junkyard that had tons and tons of good pics, and then a couple chicks posing with it? I think that person has struck again with a busted Javelin:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330415193654

Apparently they have a really terrible website, too.
http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/MSWgirls.shtml

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

***NO DUDE'S***

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

Remember that Subaru XT that was in a deserty junkyard that had tons and tons of good pics, and then a couple chicks posing with it? I think that person has struck again with a busted Javelin:

That girl is kinda cute (no the last one though). I can't believe he bothered to take 100000 pictures of such a piece of trash.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
How do you know it isn't the girls running the scam?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Is it wrong that I don't think painting the outside of that WRX looks horrible in orange.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

sbaldrick posted:

Is it wrong that I don't think painting the outside of that WRX looks horrible in orange.

It completes the Hot Wheels look, if that is what you are into.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
The color is gaudy but could be ok if he hadn't done all the other retarded poo poo he did to it. That "custom" "remolded" cluster :gonk:

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Pilsner posted:

That girl is kinda cute (no the last one though). I can't believe he bothered to take 100000 pictures of such a piece of trash.

The photos do a really good job of showing the condition of the body (of the car).

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
I don't mind the exterior, i think a nice set of wheels would make it pretty decent. You can't fix that interior and that is the deal breaker for me.

quote:

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!

Even 80 grit couldn't fix that interior...

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
the WRX is a Hot Wheels car, so the colour works. The inside however ruins it.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

quote:

Help 4x4 GIRL toyota - $500 (anybody)

Date: 2010-03-16, 12:16PM CDT
Reply to: sale-g82pz-1646800986@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Can you save me ? There taking me to the shreder tomorow. 22r good 5 spd good 4x4 good, DAMIT I got a good fraim,my body aint much but you can ride me hard, flip me over and put me up wet and il take you places some rides cant ! HELL guys you can kick my lights out and pull my plugs and i wont get a restraining order on you! PLS this is my last chance this guy is crazy,and he aint joken. DAMIT GUYS put me in the barn where your wife wont find out about me and ride me when she aint around, il bring my own cover so you dont have to look at me.
My front end is firm and my rear end is tight- some rides born in 87 cant say that !!! LOL
If you need parts there here, but like my x-wife she had one more day. thanks 785-249-7613 sorry it sold fast !

http://topeka.craigslist.org/cto/1646800986.html

Sadly, No picture. But I call gold on that. :)

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler

trouser chili posted:

How about this one? All he wants to do is shoot zombies.

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/rvs/1650372959.html

quote:

1961 International Scout 4x4 - $950 (West Pensacola)
Date: 2010-03-18, 5:49PM EDT
Reply to: sale-h9994-1650372959@craigslist.org

I have a project 1961 Scout 80 for sale. It is the first year they made these and is a very neat vehicle! It has a 152 c.i. straight four with a one barrel H olley on top. Four wheel drive works fine. Removable top and fold down windshield. It was running before I parked it with a bad clutch fork....now it won't crank.It just needs a mechanically minded person to get her going... nothing serious I don't think. It has plenty of rust but alot of steel too! All emblems and glass intact. Floorboards and bed floor have been replaced (not professionally). Fuel tank is in bed. Overall it is a very cool vehicle and quite the conversation piece.I have another project that I need to focus on is why I am selling. It may be too far gone to make a show truck out of it, but would make a great hunting property or farm truck or toy.I will post pics later. Thanks. It is located at 1016 Potomac Dr, 32505. Come take a look at it or call me at 221-2020. Rick. Make me an offer...I'm ready to part with it. Will consider partial trade with PS3 or something I can shoot zombies with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

kimbo305 posted:

Thought this was a convertible at first until I realized the roof is just rusted away :psyduck: