Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Has DDP done any wrestling since his WWE run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

CVagts posted:

Has DDP done any wrestling since his WWE run?

He just came out of retirement sort of. He says he still has some good matches left in him and he's in the best shape of his life and he's excited and wants to wrestle and loves everything.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Oh DDP. :unsmith:

At least he's not broken down like so many other old wrestlers. I'm amazed he's 53, only three years younger than Hogan.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

HulkaMatt posted:

He just came out of retirement sort of. He says he still has some good matches left in him and he's in the best shape of his life and he's excited and wants to wrestle and loves everything.

He also had a short run in TNA back when they were on FSN.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

CVagts posted:

Oh DDP. :unsmith:

At least he's not broken down like so many other old wrestlers. I'm amazed he's 53, only three years younger than Hogan.

He also had a pretty late start

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space
I was going to ask about this in the Questions thread but figured I'd have more luck here.

I'll try to track an episode of Nitro down with this kid in it, but does anyone remember a curly haired kid that was probably 3-5 years old that seemed to be at EVERY Nitro and PPV? He was always ring-side and he was captured on camera pretty regularly with a Wolfpack t-shirt on. Always have just been curious whose son he was, or if anyone else ever remembered the guy.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

MyStereoHasMono posted:

I was going to ask about this in the Questions thread but figured I'd have more luck here.

I'll try to track an episode of Nitro down with this kid in it, but does anyone remember a curly haired kid that was probably 3-5 years old that seemed to be at EVERY Nitro and PPV? He was always ring-side and he was captured on camera pretty regularly with a Wolfpack t-shirt on. Always have just been curious whose son he was, or if anyone else ever remembered the guy.

He got sitcom-aged and turned into that Cena-hating Smark that Cena loves.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Even if one isn't a DDP fan, you can't not be excited to see him. He's just so enthusiastic about everything. He's excited, so you're excited.

Amen. I went to a concert once and there was a opening band. They were talented enough, but the music was just very out of place. Regardless, they were energetic as poo poo, clearly loved performing and were as into it as you could possibly be. 5 songs later, this Australian pop-punk band earned a crazy ovation from a room full of rockers and metalheads.

Conveying your enjoyment for what you're doing is unbelievably important.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Free Market Gravy posted:

Amen. I went to a concert once and there was a opening band. They were talented enough, but the music was just very out of place. Regardless, they were energetic as poo poo, clearly loved performing and were as into it as you could possibly be. 5 songs later, this Australian pop-punk band earned a crazy ovation from a room full of rockers and metalheads.

They went on to be called AC/DC and are still going today.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
DDP is literally the best wrestler in the history of wrestling, how can you not like him?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Free Market Gravy posted:

Can you at all remember who it was? It would likely amuse the hell out of me.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Wazzu posted:

Can you at all remember who it was? It would likely amuse the hell out of me.

I'm gonna toss a random name out here but I'm guessing Frenzal Rhomb. All depends on when this concert was, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

DDP is literally the best wrestler in the history of wrestling, how can you not like him?

According to DDP.

His other accomplishments:
giving Raven his gimmick
giving Stone Cold his gimmick

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

coconono posted:

According to DDP.

giving Raven his gimmick

giving Mick Foley a hug and some cookies

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

coconono posted:

According to DDP.

giving Raven his gimmick

Hulk Hogan claims he was the one who moved the boulder when Jesus rose

In comparison, a little bullshitting from a wrestler is to be expected.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Dylar Addict posted:

Hulk Hogan claims he was the one who moved the boulder when Jesus rose

And that he carried that boulder to the only ****+ classic of the night.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SiKboy posted:

And that he carried that boulder to the only ****+ classic of the night.

Nah you're doing Hogan wrong, Hogan doesn't care about stars.

He would say something about him and the boulder drawing 30 million fans to the Roman Catholic Church or something.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

FishBulb posted:

Nah you're doing Hogan wrong, Hogan doesn't care about stars.

He would say something about him and the boulder drawing 30 million fans to the Roman Catholic Church or something.

Quite right, I should have gone with "And him and that stone got the only crowd reaction in the whole bible".

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
When Matthew was out there, I didn't hear anything. When John the Baptist was out there, I didn't hear anything. When Paul was out there, I didn't hear anything. So tell me, brother, why are you splitting the fish & bread on me?

Edit: I swear I did not read the WWE Discussion thread prior to this post.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 23, 2010

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Let's talk about an awesome part of WCW: Arn Anderson vs. The Great Muta for the TV title in 1990, featuring Jim Ross & Jim Cornette on commentary and/or personal insults of anyone within 500 feet (with Ross possibly saying "Are there any good looking Orientals?"), a Buzz Sawyer appearance, a Batman reference, Bill Apter, the Cattle Mutilation and atomic heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij0IJ4GJKLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh7-OCuTEKU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Semiru posted:

I'm gonna toss a random name out here but I'm guessing Frenzal Rhomb. All depends on when this concert was, though.

I can see every crowd in the world getting into their song "Russel Crowe's band is a loving pile of poo poo"

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

coconono posted:

According to DDP.

giving Raven his gimmick

Every loving body knows the story to Stone Cold's gimmick.

Raven... eh it could be true.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Lone Rogue posted:

Every loving body knows the story to Stone Cold's gimmick.

Everyone knows the story behind the name.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

Pneub posted:

Everyone knows the story behind the name.

It's pretty easy for me to imagine Austin having a little trouble trying to work out a new gimmick - DDP just walks up to him , big loving smile, puts a hand on his back and says "Hey Steve, just be yourself." Then he smiles one more time for good measure and starts to walk away thinking about how happy he is that he was able to help out a friend, and then Austin grabs him, stunners him and pours a beer on him and says "Thanks."

DDP, still reeling from the stunner, manages to lift his hand a give a thumbs up.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I wish technology was more advanced back then. Imagine if when austin ddp and mick were traveling together, they could of recorded video on mobiles. I actually really wished they would let wrestlers record themselves more and show more personality out of the ring. More of a reality spin on the vignettes they used to do a lot.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sionistic posted:

I wish technology was more advanced back then. Imagine if when austin ddp and mick were traveling together, they could of recorded video on mobiles. I actually really wished they would let wrestlers record themselves more and show more personality out of the ring. More of a reality spin on the vignettes they used to do a lot.

Whatever happened to that documentary that Maxx Payne/Man Mountain Rock made?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
"The Thing That Should Not Be"

Last I heard, lawyers killed it as if it lived up to it's name.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

According to DDP.

giving Raven his gimmick

Being the subject of an awesome loving video. The powerbomb into Diamond Cutter on Eddie at 1:25 completely rules too.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Faxman posted:

It's pretty easy for me to imagine Austin having a little trouble trying to work out a new gimmick - DDP just walks up to him , big loving smile, puts a hand on his back and says "Hey Steve, just be yourself." Then he smiles one more time for good measure and starts to walk away thinking about how happy he is that he was able to help out a friend, and then Austin grabs him, stunners him and pours a beer on him and says "Thanks."

DDP, still reeling from the stunner, manages to lift his hand a give a thumbs up.

Pssh. DDP would reverse that poo poo into a Diamond Cutter like THAT.
:smug:

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

drat ddp had good forearm shots

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
DDP also had the best taped ribs in the business.

Maybe I should look through my newly recreated wcw library and see if I can find some DDP matches to put in this here thread.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

DJExile posted:

Being the subject of an awesome loving video. The powerbomb into Diamond Cutter on Eddie at 1:25 completely rules too.

All Eddie.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lone Rogue posted:

All Eddie.

Yeah, apparently DDP's "HOLY gently caress YES" celebration afterwards was him legitimately marking out. :unsmith:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

All Eddie.

Wasn't the story something to the effect of: DDP wants to do the spot but doesn't know how, and Eddie basically says "Just get me up in position and I'll take care of it"?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Critical posted:

Wasn't the story something to the effect of: DDP wants to do the spot but doesn't know how, and Eddie basically says "Just get me up in position and I'll take care of it"?

Yep. That's exactly it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Eddie must have been on the mat wondering, "What the gently caress is he doing? Pin me!"

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
My three favorite wrestlers in WCW were DDP, Ric Flair, and Goldberg in some order. DDP ruled.

Edit: I love the Diamond Cutter so much. The powerbomb into Diamond Cutter spot is just great because there is absolutely no reason to do it, but he did it anyway.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

What would of been great is if they could of had a longer match, where eddie keeps countering the cutter over and over. So ddp eventually just thinks "how the hell can i hit the cutter on him, I know, he would never expect that poo poo from a powerbomb!"

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Sionistic posted:

What would of been great is if they could of had a longer match, where eddie keeps countering the cutter over and over. So ddp eventually just thinks "how the hell can i hit the cutter on him, I know, he would never expect that poo poo from a powerbomb!"

That would be the greatest match of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Sionistic posted:

It would be on the second attempt, because Eddie would never think "He won't Cutter me here", more, "He won't try to cutter me from here AGAIN"