Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpTCS3g-cBY

Opera Mini for iPhone looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Can't login to eBay with the new version, any way to revert?

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->

Heresiarch posted:

Just in case people miss it, this build is the same as RC3.

That it's still the same build number must have been an oversight, because Opera remembers my cookies now. Yay! :hf:

Fake Edit: Plus this big change list.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh for gently caress's sake. There is one loving nagging little annoyances that I can't actually do anything about this version that is pissing me the hell off. :argh: Namely, this loving thing:

That button. I don't mind the use, but it is big and red and garish as all loving hell on my nice and mostly-monochrome subdued skin. Is there any way to just turn the usual goddamn windows menu on? The main bar has open/save/print etc, but not any of the other options like preferences and such, even if I can toss a bookmark link onto it. Failing that, is there a simple file I somewhere I can just edit the color of (or copy-pasting from a similar skin, etc.)? It's like a goddamn pimple.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 23, 2010

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Asimo posted:

:argh:
:what:
All skins for Opera can be edited, they're simple zip files. Check your install directory or profile directory.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
You can remove the button and press "alt" whenever you like to invoke its function.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anyone know when 10.50 will be out for OSX?

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Yeah, you can right click it and remove it but it just comes back when you restart Opera. Just like a pimple ... ugh.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Asimo posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. There is one loving nagging little annoyances that I can't actually do anything about this version that is pissing me the hell off. :argh: Namely, this loving thing:

That button. I don't mind the use, but it is big and red and garish as all loving hell on my nice and mostly-monochrome subdued skin. Is there any way to just turn the usual goddamn windows menu on? The main bar has open/save/print etc, but not any of the other options like preferences and such, even if I can toss a bookmark link onto it. Failing that, is there a simple file I somewhere I can just edit the color of (or copy-pasting from a similar skin, etc.)? It's like a goddamn pimple.

Get a better skin? (May I suggest Mironix X5 with the menu bar turned off)

http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/info/?id=9471

Click here for the full 1360x729 image.

So sexy.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Bonus posted:

Yeah, you can right click it and remove it but it just comes back when you restart Opera. Just like a pimple ... ugh.

Oh, well then that sounds like something for a Bug Report, although if this is an upgrade install, I'd also see if it happens on a clean install first.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Opera mini submitted to the iphone app store:

http://my.opera.com/community/countup/

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

krylex posted:

Opera mini submitted to the iphone app store:

http://my.opera.com/community/countup/
That site is broken, it only has 2 digits for the day count.

Opera so adorable when they're naive.

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->

RoadCrewWorker posted:

That site is broken, it only has 2 digits for the day count.

Opera so adorable when they're naive.

I set my guess at 5 years from now, until I realized that they only show the 4 closest guesses. :doh:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

:what:
All skins for Opera can be edited, they're simple zip files. Check your install directory or profile directory.
And there we go. Even if it took longer than I expected, considering I was using the windows native skin; had to find the right settings in a more complex skin as well as editing the image. But, success still. :pseudo:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Asimo posted:

And there we go. Even if it took longer than I expected, considering I was using the windows native skin; had to find the right settings in a more complex skin as well as editing the image. But, success still. :pseudo:

Great to hear there are still goons who can work something like that out. :)

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is there seriously nobody else having this problem with 10.51?

I click a link to a picture, e.g. something hosted on waffleimages (or anywhere else!), I can see the image forming while the page loads, but once I hit 100%, I'm left with nothing but a blank white page.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Steve Moore posted:

Is there seriously nobody else having this problem with 10.51?

I click a link to a picture, e.g. something hosted on waffleimages (or anywhere else!), I can see the image forming while the page loads, but once I hit 100%, I'm left with nothing but a blank white page.

I get it from time to time as well (also did with 10.50), and it seems to happen most often to larger images, so I guess it's some memory problem.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Asimo posted:

You can actually turn that button off. See here http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/show.dml/9264931

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
I'm having a lot of slowness since I updated. It automatically took me from version 9.6 (or something) to 10.51. I figured, OK, whatever. It's probably stable now, but now I get unacceptable slowness. I mean it takes a long, long time to load a site, but I do believe it eventually will load. Using Opera Turbo does not work. I preformed a couple of the more reasonable suggestions here, but that didn't help much if at all. The few months old version of Opera I was using yesterday worked just fine.

It's not a new computer exactly, but we're not talking early Pentium 1 or 2 here either. Here are the relevant specs:

Pentium 4, 2.4 Ghz,
1.25 G of RAM
Windows XP

Anyone else having problems? Suggestions? Right now I'm using Chrome and it is OK, but I still prefer Opera for it's speed and a few other benefits.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

NFX posted:

I get it from time to time as well (also did with 10.50), and it seems to happen most often to larger images, so I guess it's some memory problem.

Yeah, actually I've had something similar as well. Large images, several (as in >15) tabs open. Large images stop loading. Restarting Opera has helped, even if it's a pain.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE

Steve Moore posted:

nothing but a blank white page.

I get this whenever I try and open several very large (ie, considerably bigger than will fit on a 1920x1080 screen) images. (Edit - exactly like the chap above me.) It isn't even a problem with the latest version, I've had it since... well, possibly forever, but I've been aware of it for at least the past 6-12 months.

Thing is, I definitely have enough RAM for it, and the behaviour isn't any different on a good computer as on an old, low-spec one as far as I can tell. So my theory is it's to do with the amount of RAM opera is allowed to use, rather than what's actually available.

I've tried looking for numbers to change in opera:config, but I don't know enough about this sort of thing to know what to look for. I believe I fiddled with something called RAM cache or similar, something that sounded like it must be the right thing, but it didn't have an effect.

Anyone know what to do?

---

Totally different problem: I'm flummoxed by this latest Opera update. The tabs in the top bar, great, I can cope with that and the menus now being consolidated into that O button.

The problem is that the tabs keep "locking," and doing so in a way that suggests it's a feature I just don't understand, rather than a bug. Can someone explaion how this works and why it could be a good thing?

Basically, I can cycle through my tabs using ctrl+tab, as normal. But once I've visited a tab in that way, its actual tab at the top becomes a solid white-grey rather than a semi-opqaue dark grey, and that's it, I can't go to that tab again once I've tabbed out of it. Not with the keyboard shortcut, or even by actually clicking it. The only way to revisit a "locked" tab is by selecting it in the maddening list of tabs that now spurts up when I click the Opera icon in my taskbar (Windows 7), which has replaced the per-window previews, which are what I actually want.

(Incidentally, I assume the reason the preview panes per window being replaced by a list of tabs is because it's mimicking Chrome's thing of having each tab be a separate... state? I don't know the terminology I'm afraid, but you probably know what I'm referring to. I haven't switched to Chrome despite all the ads on Google because I don't want Windows to treat each tab as a separate window, but now I might finally have been dealt the reason to switch to Firefox.)

herf
Mar 28, 2008

He has it all, yes he does. He knows how to please in every detail. He can do more than you'd ever imagine, and do it with style. He does it with me. Oh yes he does.
I'm nearly convinced that I want to switch from Firefox to Opera, but there's a few things holding back. Both comsetic as apparently I'm a vain bitch.

Is there a way to move the personal bookmark panel under the address bar?

Also, is there a way to make ctrl-scrolling not make pictures bigger? I just want the text bigger.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Buml0r posted:

I don't want Windows to treat each tab as a separate window, but now I might finally have been dealt the reason to switch to Firefox.)

opera:config#UserPrefs|UseWindows7TaskbarThumbnails

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE

Wheany posted:

opera:config#UserPrefs|UseWindows7TaskbarThumbnails

Brilliant, that's worked perfectly!

The only trouble is, now there's no way of accessing those "locked" tabs at all! Am I the only one getting this problem, or am I just the only one who hasn't used whatever browser they're copying it from and doesn't understand what it's for?

Because I'd cycled to my opera:config tab to do that, I actually had to close this tab (the only thing I can still do with locked ones) so that I could ctrl+z to get it back again!

Edit - Here's what I mean:

See those two white tabs that both seem to think they're the tab for the current window? The one on the left is this thread, the one on the right could be anything, I don't know, I can't get to it any more until I close it and ctrl+z it open again. This seems to happen almost any time I use ctrl+tab to cycle to another tab - whichever tab I was last in gets "locked". In order to check that I wasn't just missing something obvious, I did exactly that just before writing this, and ended up locking myself out of this tab!

It doesn't just happen for one tab, either. Yesterday I managed to lock the entire row.

This is hugely frustrating because it really means I can't use my browser until I get it sorted out. Turns out I tab back and forth all the drat time, because I keep having to stop and fix it no matter what I'm doing. For now I'll reinstall the previous version, but hopefully someone knows what I should do here.

Buml0r fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 25, 2010

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

There's a bug with minimizing windows and it seems ctrl+tab triggers that. Try using right-click + mouse-wheel and set the preferences to go through the tabs without showing the list.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Thanks for the help Mithaldu, but I'm afraid I tried that. Well, I tried the mouse thing (that's how I managed to lock the entire row in one quick zip through them all), but I already have it set to go through the tabs without the list anyway. I suppose I could try it with the list to see if that works, but I wouldn't really count it as a success because I really don't want that list. What a weird problem!

So it is a bug then, rather than a feature I'm misunderstanding?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Buml0r posted:

So it is a bug then, rather than a feature I'm misunderstanding?

Yes.

I feel that Opera 10.50 is the flakiest Opera release since 7.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!
An annoyance remains from the last Opera version.

I put my tab bar on the bottom. And of course middle clicking closes tabs, but, if you middle click on the edge, the tab bar maximizes. Any way to disable this?

One more issue too that I may as well add. When opening an external link, with Opera as my default browser, Opera opens, but does not open the link. It just opens speed dial, then I have to click the external link again to open the link.

Previously, Opera would open, and I would have two tabs, speed dial and the external link.

Dyscrasia fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 25, 2010

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
First 10.52 weekly
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/03/25/windows-10-52-snapshot

No known issues but nothing too exciting either. I'm hoping:
Fixed CORE-26315 (Progress bar doesn't disappear when document fails to do document.close)
fixes some of the various "never stops loading" pages floating around.

Startacus
May 25, 2007
I am Startacus.
Am I the only one not having any issues in 10.51?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Dyscrasia posted:

An annoyance remains from the last Opera version.

I put my tab bar on the bottom. And of course middle clicking closes tabs, but, if you middle click on the edge, the tab bar maximizes. Any way to disable this?

One more issue too that I may as well add. When opening an external link, with Opera as my default browser, Opera opens, but does not open the link. It just opens speed dial, then I have to click the external link again to open the link.

Previously, Opera would open, and I would have two tabs, speed dial and the external link.

You can disable those tab thumbnails and that stops happening, check the Tab page on options.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

Casao posted:

You can disable those tab thumbnails and that stops happening, check the Tab page on options.

Thanks, that did the trick.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I'm surprised to find that the new release doesn't feel Amazon is secure.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

On a similar note, speedier Mac snapshot.

quote:

Changelog
  • Increased version number to 10.52

Mac
  • PPC crash logger
  • Drawing fonts using Core Graphics directly

Core
  • Upgraded Presto/2.5.22 to Presto/2.5.24 (small tweaks for site-compatibility)
  • Various site-compatibility tweaks for Carakan

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005

Angryhead posted:

Can't login to eBay with the new version, any way to revert?
I'm having this problem too, and with a couple of other sites. It won't let me log in, eBay just returns me to the login page after each attempt.

Any suggestions?

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Edit: Nevermind figured it out.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I can log into ebay fine on the most recent (windows) weekly-- just tested it. Try that maybe?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Lakitu7 posted:

I can log into ebay fine on the most recent (windows) weekly-- just tested it. Try that maybe?

Installed it and even deleted cookies, still can't login. Just goes back to the login page, without logging in.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

Startacus posted:

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->

Startacus posted:

Nope, it's all fine for me. Honestly, the only notable hiccups I experienced at all with the recent releases was the cookies not being saved; but that was only 2 builds out of every single build since the first 10.50 release. v:shobon:v