Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Jokepost I'm sure, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

ElehemEare posted:

Must be a dutch auction...

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice
this 1le popped up when looking for 3rd gen camaros
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/1656005920.html kinda spendy though

did the 1le have a beefed up 5sp?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
No, the LE1 had bigger brakes and a better rear end if I remember. It was also lighter so slightly faster. People think those cars will be collectible. I do not. They can get smoked by a Camry.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Elephanthead posted:

They can get smoked by a Camry.

When's the last time someone got laid because they were driving a Camry?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

ElehemEare posted:

Missed the obvious "THIS CAR IS HOT" title.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Elephanthead posted:

No, the LE1 had bigger brakes and a better rear end if I remember. It was also lighter so slightly faster. People think those cars will be collectible. I do not. They can get smoked by a Camry.

There aren't many muscle cars from the '60s and '70s that can smoke a modern Camry in a drag race. Speed has nothing to do with value.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

frozenphil posted:

There aren't many muscle cars from the '60s and '70s that can smoke a modern Camry in a drag race. Speed has nothing to do with value.

I guess that is why V8 cars are able to be sold for 33% more then the V6 versions. No one cares anything about performance. Thanks for setting me straight.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

I guess that is why V8 cars are able to be sold for 33% more then the V6 versions. No one cares anything about performance. Thanks for setting me straight.
Why do convertibles sell for more? Why do Shelbies sell for more than regular Mustangs? It's pretty simple, desirability. No one wants the base stripper model of some old car.

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been

frozenphil posted:

Why do convertibles sell for more? Why do Shelbies sell for more than regular Mustangs? It's pretty simple, desirability. No one wants the base stripper model of some old car.

Well, I would rather start out with a base car on some models if I was going to restomod or something similar mainly due to not wanting to rape something valuable.

I have a 65 mercury comet cyclone with the hipo 289 and a top load 4 speed. Its very hard to not start modding the car, because it would be a beast but I just keep getting it closer and closer to its factory condition. I've restored about 8 years ago and am going over it again right now to get it up to where I want it to be.

I love the car and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I am very positive that drat near any v6 modern car will smoke it and many 4 bangers. Its just not the point of the car. I bought my mustang for codding. The comet is mainly about the experience of driving it, working on it and generally keeping it intact for future generations (it was given to me by my father, who helped me restore it). Its just not about speed in that thing, but drat is it fun to run it wide open every now and then.

HungLikeAWoman
Apr 28, 2002
Buy an $8500 autograph from The Situation and get a free E39

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...=item19badc59b9

quote:

Own The Situation's car!!!!! This is the car that started it all, and is now for sale. As featured and seen on MTV's hit reality show "Jersey Shore". Michael purchased this vehicle in November 2006 and has since then created many situations of his own in this stunning BMW 528I. Be the first and only to own the Situation's car and create your own situation in this head turning BMW. With the purchase of this vehicle Michael will meet you in person and you will receive a personalized autographed picture; including the GTL designer license plate.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

HungLikeAWoman posted:

Buy an $8500 autograph from The Situation and get a free E39

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...=item19badc59b9

I'm not going to lie, but I love Jersey Shore and really want to buy and drive the poo poo out of this.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

goodfuldead posted:

Well, I would rather start out with a base car on some models if I was going to restomod or something similar mainly due to not wanting to rape something valuable.

I have a 65 mercury comet cyclone with the hipo 289 and a top load 4 speed. Its very hard to not start modding the car, because it would be a beast but I just keep getting it closer and closer to its factory condition. I've restored about 8 years ago and am going over it again right now to get it up to where I want it to be.

I love the car and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I am very positive that drat near any v6 modern car will smoke it and many 4 bangers. Its just not the point of the car. I bought my mustang for codding. The comet is mainly about the experience of driving it, working on it and generally keeping it intact for future generations (it was given to me by my father, who helped me restore it). Its just not about speed in that thing, but drat is it fun to run it wide open every now and then.

Tell me more about your HiPo.

Also, I'm pretty sure you agree with me since your last paragraph is exactly what I said, just in different words.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

frozenphil posted:

Tell me more about your HiPo.

Seconded. Please do a thread on it, goodfuldead :)

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

frozenphil posted:

Most of this has to do with lovely tires more than anything.

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been
Trust me guys I am. There will be a thread when it is done, which should be roughly 2 weeks. I've got a bit more water sanding and then paint and put the emblems/chrome back on.

This is just a 'refreshening' of the car. I'll take a lot of pictures when I get it done again. Basically I bought new quarter windows because our were scratched and installed them, which, is a bitch and a half. Repaint of 95 cadillac silver, but with out the black racing stripes this time, and I removed all the emblems and chrome so I could paint the colors back in them where they had faded. I did a little body work where I scarred the paint removing the emblems and to fix a couple scratches and paint chips.

The transmission is original to the car. The HiPo 289 is not in the car, but upside down on an engine stand full of oil, so it won't seize up. I have every stock part that came on that motor, and I mean everything. Whats in the car at the moment is a built up 289 that started life as a 225hp c code. It has 302 heads so we can run unleaded gasoline, I forget where they came from but they aren't stock either, some aftermarket brand, pretty good ones though. It also has the rods and cam from a hipo as well as the manifold, lifters, etc. Basically we did a hipo 289 build with more modern heads. The original engine is intact, and ran great when we pulled it. I just didn't want to blow that thing up since it is numbers matching. and an edelbrock carb.

I will post a lot of pics though when it's done. I've posted the car on here before but it's been like ~ 6 years though and under a different account. I think at that time I had some 98 mustang front seats and 2 15 inch subs where the back seat would go with a custom enclosure built, powered but a mild amp with 2 6*9 clarions with a 1000 watt amp to them. I put the cd player in the glove box and just didnt put the carboard compartment in so I wouldnt have to cut the dash up.

All that remains from that is the 6*9's and their amp and the cd player. I have rebuilt and recovered the original interior (seats, including the rear sear as well as the door panels) in black vinyl and I've gotta say it looks mint. Its getting close to fully stock. I'll make a thread about how we got it and the restoration and refresh soon enough though, I just wannna have the finished product to show everyone. Frozen, I always keep an eye out for your updates, heh.

goodfuldead fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 26, 2010

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Click here for the full 1656x813 image.

$4500 is a bit much, but drat i want this.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Throatwarbler posted:

I'm not going to lie, but I love Jersey Shore and really want to buy and drive the poo poo out of this.

Shirley you can't be serious.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

ab0z posted:

*COD 4 MW quote*

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

ab0z posted:

He is. Many would drop 8k to feel "The Situation"'s abdominals encircle their fingers.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Jersey Shore and anything even peripherally related to it should be consumed in a fire hotter than 1000 suns.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
Haha that show is loving comedy gold, they should keep making more of it.

Also, what a piece of poo poo car for someone who thinks they're a baller, a 1999 528i is the ultimate poseur mobile.

Toucan Sam posted:

When's the last time someone got laid because they were driving a 3rd Gen Camaro?

TurboLuvah fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 26, 2010

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

TurboLuvah posted:

Haha that show is loving comedy gold, they should keep making more of it.

Also, what a piece of poo poo car for someone who thinks they're a baller, a 1999 528i is the ultimate poseur mobile.

When's the last time someone got laid because they were driving a 3rd Gen Camaro?

Probably about the year I was made. And my mom owned a camaro... so I guess about 25 years ago?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Toucan Sam posted:

2002. Thank you station wagon.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

TurboLuvah posted:

Probably still happens nightly at trailer parks all across the US and Canada.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1655103877.html

"500 pounds of iron oxide with impeccable provenance - $2 a pound (must take all)"

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

joat mon posted:

"500 pounds of iron oxide with impeccable provenance - $2 a pound (must take all)"
Do these people not watch Barret-Jackson and see all of the impeccably restored examples going for under $30k? Do they think there's under $30k worth of work there?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I know the performance wasn't nearly so hot in the late 70s. I don't care. I love that body style and it looks gorgeous.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1662371851.html

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

joat mon posted:

Haha I thought this said "Fort Woody" at first and someone was offering up a fort they'd made out of a scrapped Ford.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm getting kinda sad of seeing "stick poo poo" in more than a few ads.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

change my name posted:

I'm getting kinda sad of seeing "stick poo poo" in more than a few ads.

Isn't stick poo poo what's left of the wooden part of that woody?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Finally, a CL post so extensive it needs its own highlight video:
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/1665031033.html
Buried in the ad is the video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJxS_hnWMy0

quote:

My 2001 Acura Integra GS-R 52K mile 8K on motor

Hello, everyone my name is Steven M I have never made a car for sale thread before so please cut me a break. I have here for sale my pride and joy.
I love this car more then life but since Jan 1 2009 When my daughter came into my life my ways have changed very much including my hobby (this car) since she has been born I have driven this car a lot less and have lost my love for the honda game.

My main priority right now is my family and rising my daughter. So I don’t want too but I need to sell my integra. and get the car my wife wants a Honda pilot.
This car has very special meaning to me my one and only sister passed away on July 15th 2009 and she wanted me to finish the car and loved the car as much as I did.
The car has never ever driven in the snow even even been snowed on has been garaged since the day I brought here home which July 4th 2005. I bought the car from
reading acura in philly ,Pa

Yes I drove 6 hours ot buy this car. I paid 17,000. Since it was exactly what i wanted clean carfax never any accidents, bought from a woman who worked there she kept in garaged. I got her with 24k Miles she now has 51,xxx on the odometer. And about 6-7k on the motor i have the exact mileage on motor if needed.

So since then I have finish the car using in my opinion the best of the best parts on the market. No corners were cut as you can see this car is clean and done right. All new OEM Honda Parts were used in the engine build with receipts for almost everything done as well as pictures. The engine was installed and started up June 3, 2008. My b-day

I built this car for reliability, daily driven if needed (never was) but with a lil kick. Just got the a/c system charge at the dealer.

PLEASE DON’T LEAVE RUDE AND IMMATURE COMMENTS THANK YOU

WAS asking 13.500 NOW 10,000 OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER Pm your best offer
Pm your best offer

PRICE DROP WAS 13,500 NOW ASKING 10,000 OR YOUR BEST OFFER

NO TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES

Can can the rims off for some money off the top and put on the stock gsr blades that just got polished brand new dunlops dz101s

Email: Hd17f@yahoo.com

Tuned by Synapse Motorsports and just got a retune since I changed my cat back and some other things to a much quieter and peaceful car. So my daughter can sleep in the car. Car was tuned conservatively so make the motor last a long time. Morgan owner of Synapse motor sports can vouch for the car and how picky/anal I am. Also dina my mechanic can vouch also on how anal I am for example everytime I change the oil which cas been every 1500 miles since the dyno break in and motro break-in I take the valve cover off inspect everything and replace the spark plug seals and valve cover gasket with new OEM… That’s just the beginning

2001 Acura Integra GS-R
Mileage:
-Body is about 52k
-Interior is 52k
-Motor is about 6-7k

Car is still under Acura certified warranty Until July 2010 or 100,000 . But actually I voided warranty a long time ago but just peace of mind.

Exterior

- 20% Lumar tint (lifetime warranty)
- 30% Lumar tint in the front door for legal ness
- 4 month old paint on ITR front lip and stock sides
- OEM 4 door handles included fresh paint never install no key hole (OEM Honda parts)
- Jdmshi* ITR LIP POLY
- OEM JDM window visors (OEM Honda part)
- OEM Acura Optional Fog lights With yellow bulbs
- Kaxien 6k HID’s
- Rear wiper delete included not installed still has rear wiper
- OEM amber corners
- Lo custom’s S2000 style antenna
- OEM ( ABS-LSD) Sticker)
- OEM (DOHC VTEC Sticker) both on rear window got them from icbmotorsports.com
- Stock GS-R Wing Came with car
- Tein hood dampers
- JDM Integra Emblem
- Brand new DOHV VTEC STICKER the one that goes under the rear right taillight
- Clean engine bay w/ stainless steel hardware everything 10mm and some12mm bolts was changed for stainless steel hardware.

Interior

- Full stock tan leather interior Including air bags
- Stock shifter and knob
- Dual gauge pod with DEFI blue racer gauges (electric water temp, oil pressure)
- PLX wideband with Brand new Bosch sensor and extra one included

Audio

- Stock ACURA OEM cd player and speakers

Security

- Will Be Disclosed but does include a 2-way pager, clutch lock, brake lock, alpha boot, and official police parking authority boot with special key and lock

Wheels
- 15x7 Konig megarace wheels
- 5th wheel included in trunk
- All five wheels with Dunlop DZ 101’s tires
- Spare tire and jack also included in trunk
- Rays/volks formula racing lug nuts 2 keys in hand have 4 extra lug nuts all lug nuts are locking

Brakes

- Stock replacements Power Slot front and rear rotors
- Axxis ultimate brake pads all the way around
- Motul brake fluid Extra Included

Suspension

- PIC Apex one piece coilovers 8K front 6K rear PERFECT RIDE
- PIC lower control arms
- JDM 23mm ITR rear sway bar (OEM Honda part)
- ASR subframe brace
- Beaks tie bar
- All brand new OEM bolts, bushing and hardware were installed

Exhaust

- TWM hytech replica header nitride coated (small dent on bottom) Welded for no leaks and no issues
- SMSP 200 cell spun body cat
-2009 Greddy Elite catback titanium burnt tip

Engine/ Performance
(Engine parts are OEM unless otherwise noted and done within last 6,000 miles)
( Motor uses torco 5w-30 motor oil only I have used with a OEM honda filters)
(Motor was fully assembled & all put together, and he degreed the cams and triple check everything was done by T-bone the builder who built the 300whp all motr ca on Honda-tech. Compression tested last week was averaged 250 acroess the board andv 3% leakdown)

- Brand new Stock ITR block from SON’s Acura paperwork included
- ARP head studs
- ATI damper/crank pulley
- 2001 GS-R Done by larry at endyn I spent 2000 at endyn. Have paper work and cfm flow chart included
- Crower chomoly retainers
- Endyn valve springs
- Endyn bronze valve guides
- Endyn Hardened Split Locks
- Endyn catch can setup with ball valve drain on bottom of can
- Supertech valves
- Skunk2 Stage 2 cams Tuner series
- VERY RARE ST.CORSA THAT WILL NEVER EVER SLIP OR SKIP PLEASE RESEARCH LAST SET SOLD ON EBAY AT 1,200 ONLY A FEW SET IN THE WORLD
- New ITR lma and rockers
- Cometic head gasket
- King motorsport extended intake and exhaust studs
- OEM ITR Maxbore bored to 65mm Thottle body
- 3 inch short ram intake with BPI stack and K and N filter
- OEM ITR WATER PUMP,OIL PUMP and UPPER GASKET SET
- Skunk2 pro series intake manifold
- Dist king dissy and OEM dissy Included
- TODA timing belt
- Fast turbo firewall kit for the Defi oil pressure gauge to mount properly to firwall
- Z10 racing block plug
- B & R valve cover Catch can kit and custom color match valve cover paint to car looks very good
- Stock working Power steering and A/C Just recharged at Honda Ice cold
- Stock radiator with stock fans water temp sensor installed into blox adapter on the upper radiator hose
- Hasport motor mounts
- Avid torque mounts
- NGK BKR7E

Transmission

- B16 S4C transmission
- OBX Limited Slip Differential
- Honda MTF Fluid Extra Included
- New bearings ~3,000 miles ago
- New 1-2 AND 3-4 gear and sleeves
- New 3,4,5 carbon coated synchro’s from gearspeed
- Rebuilt by mike belben and then again by “Dina” Owner of JDMCC.com his my mechanic certified Honda tech works at balise Honda 6+ years
- Exedy clutch with pressure plate
- Exedy 9.5 lbs. flywheel
- Earl’s Stainless steel clutch line
- Acura replaced the slave cylinder and master cylinder last year under wartteny

Fuel/management

- Brand new OEM Honda fuel pressure regulator
- AEM fuel rail
- 2 Marshall liquid filled fuel pressure gauge’s one on the filter one on the AEM fuel rail
- Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
- RC 370cc injectors
-- Hondata S300 Plug And Play OBD2B NO JUMPER HARNESS
- Quick release Bloomsburg Obd2-b extension harness for quickly taking the ecu with you were ever you go.

EDIT- FORGOT SOME STUFF TO ADD
1. RC injectors sent out about 1month ago to be check and cleaned
2. Recent valve adjustment
3. Plug and play obd2 to obd1 injector harness
4. custom cnc brake booster attachment help when braking (see pic)
5. will add more as I go to the garage
6. JUST GOT WINDOWS TINTED TODAY 20% WITH LIFETIME Warranty

Car dyno 191 with a/c and p/s with the 70mm skunk2 catback and test pipe now the car makes 186 with the greddy catback and smsp 200 cel cat... but with out the a/c and p/s belts on add 10whp … basically a 200+ WHP car on a factory ITR block. The car would make a lot more power with a real smsp or hy-tech header and mandrel bent catback and maybe some better cam its could hit 210-220.
Included with the car is all the extra parts I have in my garage for this car

PLEASE DON’T LEAVE RUDE AND IMMATURE COMMENTS THANK YOU

WAS asking 13.500 NOW 10,000 OR BEST REASONABLE OFFER Pm your best offer
Pm your best offer

PRICE DROP WAS 13,500 NOW ASKING 10,000 OR YOUR BEST OFFER

NO TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES

Email: Hd17f@yahoo.com

I will be more than happy to take anyone with cash in their pocket on a test drive.

Thanks for viewing.

I have a huge picture album but not alot of online pictures but you you want more just ask ill do anything to help.

Here's a my first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJxS_hnWMy0

Dyno videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXMVn6H95ac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRQSgIPTm0
http://www.youtube.com/user/jdmdina#play/uploads/3/CZyymA2dO-s

Here some pics

older pics

This is the exact mileage the factory motor blew up

Interior pics The car is a lil dirty I plan on getting the entire car detailed before the sale

My security

The tan plastic ecu cover i have took if off for picture purpose's

some more pics of the car and stuff

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

That really seems like an absurd amount of work and money for less than 200whp. I'm sure it'd be a great car and I know those are quality parts...but that's just ridiculous.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

angryhampster posted:

That really seems like an absurd amount of work and money for less than 200whp. I'm sure it'd be a great car and I know those are quality parts...but that's just ridiculous.

Welcome to the world of Honda Tuning :v:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

angryhampster posted:

He's got a Chinese HIDZZ kit and a Chinese LSD, although by all accounts the OBX LSD is a reasonably good.

Also:

quote:

I change the oil which cas been every 1500 miles since the dyno break in and motro break-in I take the valve cover off inspect everything and replace the spark plug seals and valve cover gasket with new OEM… That’s just the beginning

:jerkbag:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

*COD 4 MW quote*
I can't believe you just identified an Airplane! quote as being from MW.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Fifty Three posted:

I can't believe you just identified an Airplane! quote as being from MW.

Haha, you're old.

wav3form
Aug 10, 2008

deviant. posted:

Welcome to the world of Honda Tuning :v:

He must cry when he sees the tail lights of every stock 3.5 liter Toyota Camry. :D

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

wav3form posted:

He must cry when he sees the tail lights of every stock 3.5 liter Toyota Camry. :D

Well, I don't know if it's that bad, but I'm sure that he's not smoking them by any means.

Such is the curse of having a fast looking car that really isn't. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I love it when an ad tells a story

Only registered members can see post attachments!