Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Angryhead posted:

Installed it and even deleted cookies, still can't login. Just goes back to the login page, without logging in.

That could be related to the other redirect bugs, like no being able to copy a redirecting link's address after visiting it or SA's "jump to next unread message in thread" feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I've never had any problem with that SA feature, on any build. Is there any particular pattern to people who do? Is it per-OS or something?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Aw the 51 RC3 brought the "viddler loads and then just goes to a blank page" error from a long long time ago back for me :3:

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
It's working okay for me on the new build (didn't try with the old). Try that I guess?

Hired Gun
Nov 25, 2006

by Ozma
I'm reverting. 10.51 is horrible and the biggest reason I've been using Opera all these years is because I hate change and my customizations would always stick in upgrades. This hosed up everything.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Hired Gun posted:

I'm reverting. 10.51 is horrible and the biggest reason I've been using Opera all these years is because I hate change and my customizations would always stick in upgrades. This hosed up everything.

Nice white-noise post there. How about asking for help before throwing the shotgun into the bathtub? Or, you know, at least mentioning specifics so someone can check it and file a bug report.

Hired Gun
Nov 25, 2006

by Ozma

Mithaldu posted:

Nice white-noise post there. How about asking for help before throwing the shotgun into the bathtub? Or, you know, at least mentioning specifics so someone can check it and file a bug report.
Alright. I've had Opera looking like this ever since I started using it in 2001/2002:

Click here for the full 800x474 image.

Every upgrade has been able to carry it over fine until 10.5. I'm sure there's skins and ways to tweak it, but why bother when I can just keep using 10.1? I don't understand why they'd take away easy customization functionality.

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.
Uh, never mind what Mithaldu said, in that case. I refuse to help anyone make Opera so ugly. What did it ever do to you?

Hired Gun
Nov 25, 2006

by Ozma

alltoohuman posted:

Uh, never mind what Mithaldu said, in that case. I refuse to help anyone make Opera so ugly. What did it ever do to you?
Old Opera let me make it as ugly as I wanted :(

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
What about easy customization functionality was removed? The "customize | appearance" menu looks the same to me as it has for years?

nozz
Jan 27, 2007

proficient pringle eater
I have literally never altered the appearance of opera before.

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

The only thing I couldn't manage is putting those buttons in a separate tool bar, though I have no idea why you would anyway. Or why you would do this at all.

Edit: Also you don't even need to set it to the Windows Native skin! You can have transparent tabs on the bottom!

nozz fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 26, 2010

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

noblergt posted:

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

The only thing I couldn't manage is putting those buttons in a separate tool bar

Customize -> Enable main bar. Set style to "Images and text below". Drag buttons.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
Looking at the Opera forums, the eBay login problem seems to be quite common.

There is a 'fix' of sorts it seems, renaming your cookies4.dat file and letting Opera create a new one. Unfortunately, this gets rid of all your saved cookies for every site. It fixed the problem here, but I undid it, because for me it's not worth re-logging in to everything, assuming Opera fix the problem in a new build soon.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Another entry for the list of "upgrade installs are broken; new installs fix everything."

Not that that's particularly excusable but it's basically the main consequence that's come from this release being rushed. Further, it was rushed to get into the Windows browser menu thing, which would affect only new users who won't have any of those issues.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

JonTheDon posted:

Looking at the Opera forums, the eBay login problem seems to be quite common.

There is a 'fix' of sorts it seems, renaming your cookies4.dat file and letting Opera create a new one. Unfortunately, this gets rid of all your saved cookies for every site. It fixed the problem here, but I undid it, because for me it's not worth re-logging in to everything, assuming Opera fix the problem in a new build soon.

Even that didn't help. :cry:
Actually, I can log into eBay.com, but I usually use eBay.co.uk and I can't login there. Insane.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lakitu7 posted:

Another entry for the list of "upgrade installs are broken; new installs fix everything."

Not that that's particularly excusable but it's basically the main consequence that's come from this release being rushed. Further, it was rushed to get into the Windows browser menu thing, which would affect only new users who won't have any of those issues.

Yeah but it DIDN'T fix a lot for me when I reinstalled. I flattened, deleted the fucker's leftover files, and still have a bunch of bugs on a fresh install.

This is just a crap release. The first I've had in 5+ years with the browser, so I'll stick with it, but...

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I'm really confused by the inconsistency. Why do things work for some people but not for others, if we've ruled out upgrade-installs and different OSs?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've clean-installed Vista x64 on my laptop, and downloaded and installed Opera 10.51 from their website. Two questions:

1) I've set the mailto: to Gmail Notifier, however when clicking on a mailto: it opens Gmail in IE, how do I change that to Opera? It's a Gmail Notifier setting, I fixed it.

2) How are you guys getting the tab bar in the title bar?

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 28, 2010

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Steve Moore posted:

2) How are you guys getting the tab bar in the title bar?

It just kind of happens when I set tab bar to "top" and any other toolbars that would be above it (between the titlebar and the tab bar) are disabled.

In other news, new snapshot:
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/03/26/snapshots-for-everyone

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Yeah but it DIDN'T fix a lot for me when I reinstalled. I flattened, deleted the fucker's leftover files, and still have a bunch of bugs on a fresh install.

This is just a crap release. The first I've had in 5+ years with the browser, so I'll stick with it, but...

You say you deleted the leftover files, but did you go to your AppData directory and delete the Profile and such in there? That's generally the cause of problems in an upgrade, not the poo poo in Program Files.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Casao posted:

You say you deleted the leftover files, but did you go to your AppData directory and delete the Profile and such in there? That's generally the cause of problems in an upgrade, not the poo poo in Program Files.

No, really. When I said "flattened" I mean SCORCHED EARTH, SEARCH OUT EVERY OPERA FILE AND KILL IT IN THE REGISTRY JUST IN CASE.

Still flaky here and there. At this point I've just gotten used to it and I'm waiting for the next stable.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I went ahead and moved up to 10.51 today.

Now whenever I open a new window, Opera maxes CPU and freezes for about a minute. Any idea what could cause this?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Sair posted:

I went ahead and moved up to 10.51 today.

Now whenever I open a new window, Opera maxes CPU and freezes for about a minute. Any idea what could cause this?

Find your session.win file (or similar) in your profile, copy it out, then start opera, close it, restart. Then drag that session file into the opera window.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

Find your session.win file (or similar) in your profile, copy it out, then start opera, close it, restart. Then drag that session file into the opera window.

No effect. Also when I mouse over a link, for some reason the URL shows up twice in the status bar.

Edit: I seem to have fixed things with some profile fuckery.

Sair fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 29, 2010

er0k
Nov 21, 2002

i like ham.
anybody have a good userjs that works with the new youtube redesign yet? used to use this but it's broken now :(

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/04/01/final-fixes-before-the-easter-holidays

New build looks pretty good.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Is that a serious release? Gotta ask, April Fools and all.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

Is that a serious release?
No, it isn't. Their Space Browser is, though.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Awesome, thanks. :)

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
Since installing the new build, Opera crashes every time I close a tab.

Installed 10.51 final over the top, issue still there.

EDIT: sorted it with 10.51, but I wouldn't recommend this new build.

JonTheDon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 1, 2010

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

JonTheDon posted:

Since installing the new build, Opera crashes every time I close a tab.

Not every time, but this is now happening occasionally to my ultra-reliable install too since the latest build. Grr.

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

Opera 10.51 hangs when I try and switch to a newly opened download tab. Is there a fix?

Sair
May 11, 2007

er0k posted:

anybody have a good userjs that works with the new youtube redesign yet? used to use this but it's broken now :(

Not sure what features you want, but I've been using this: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/33042

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

I have a logitech G5 mouse. Prior to this latest opera update, I used to be able to tilt the scroll wheel left/right to scroll in a web page but since the update, this functionality no longer works within opera. Up/down work fine, but left/right no longer do. Windows 7 with latest updates, I changed no mouse settings. Anyone know how to fix this?

blackbox
Aug 7, 2006
Just upgraded to 10.51, and all I can say is I'm so glad the find as you type feature is back! Its absence has been bugging the hell out of me.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Mr. Clark2 posted:

I have a logitech G5 mouse. Prior to this latest opera update, I used to be able to tilt the scroll wheel left/right to scroll in a web page but since the update, this functionality no longer works within opera. Up/down work fine, but left/right no longer do. Windows 7 with latest updates, I changed no mouse settings. Anyone know how to fix this?

Check the shortcuts thing, I know I had to set this up manually on Linux when I was using it, and some apps have trouble in general with it.

blackbox posted:

Just upgraded to 10.51, and all I can say is I'm so glad the find as you type feature is back! Its absence has been bugging the hell out of me.

This functionality never left.

blackbox
Aug 7, 2006

Casao posted:

In that case, I'm so glad it started working again!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Casao posted:

It was broke as gently caress for me a few updates prior. Turned out to be really finicky search.ini behavior, since fixed and more robust in later updates.

Also, this most recent update is pegging my utilization or keeping it ridiculously high. This is kind of pissing me off because my laptop fan has to go in high gear to browse the SA forums.

Edit: Yeah, I'm slightly aware of that. I was the one who investigated it and experimented the issue. :v:
V V V

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 5, 2010

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
If you go back some pages, the find in page thing was investigated and explained pretty fully. It had something to do with whether or not you had kept some default item in your searches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I upgraded to 10.51 and I have a problem:

On binsearch, you can select some files and it creates an .nzb-file. This works fine. However, when I then select some other files, it creates a different .nzb-file. Or at least it should, because with Opera 10.51 it apparently uses a cached result. How can I turn this 'feature' off so it gets the new nzb every time?