Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swalk
Nov 20, 2004
bucka blaow
Job Opening: Toronto, Canada
Who we are: Ad Agency
Job title: System Administrator

What we want: Someone with a wide variety of skills. Running LAMP type servers is the absolute minimum skill-set. Windows server (AD + Exchange) experience is required as well. Knowledge of OS X is a bonus.

Ideally we want someone who's enthusiastic about implementing a wide variety of technologies to create a more flexible, simple and efficient infrastructure. We need to mirror our clients' environments so we have a little of everything.

Why you'd want to work here: Great work environment/atmosphere. Good benefits. Decent salary. You WILL learn a lot and might never be bored. You would have a lot of say in building/upgrading/replacing infrastructure.

Questions? Resumes?

sysadmin@k-thx.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

MrBishop posted:

I imagine there's some kind of pre-screening, there was a thread not long ago about jobs requiring clearances, and the cost and time involved to get a TS. I'm considering throwing my hat in the ring for this, I worked telecommunications in the Army and had a TS-SCI clearance, not sure I could get it again though (racked up some student loans since then and married a foreign national). Sounds like a fun job, though.
There's no cost to the candidate for the TS background check with us - if you get that far. We do it ourselves.

BoNNo530
Mar 18, 2002

brc64, can you update the 1st post? Our opening is hot again:

Please note: If you have a CCNA and experience with Cisco routing and switching, please apply. If you have Call Manager/Unity experience you need to apply RIGHT NOW

PM/IM me with any questions

Even if you don't think you fit the description, apply anyway, it doesn't have to be senior level. JUST HAVE A CCNA AND EXPERIENCE!!

Who we are: A large nationwide Oncology company
Where we are: HQ is in FT Myers, FL

Job Title: Senior Network Admin
Description:

PURPOSE:
The Senior Network Administrator will have overall responsibility for maintaining network systems and services including routers, switches, firewall, VPN, CoS/QoS, VoIP, and other IP devices. The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining service levels for all critical applications by installing, upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting as required. The Senior Network Administrator will assist and/or lead the development and/or enhancement of procedures and/or methodologies to achieve optimum performance, security, delivery, and continuity of network services. The Senior Network Administrator will install and maintain LAN, WAN, and telecommunication equipment and recommend the purchase of hardware, software and telecommunication equipment as necessary. The Senior Network Administrator will train users on LAN operations as necessary. Must be able to travel domestically. This position currently reports to the Director of IT Operations.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Maintain a large nationwide LAN/WAN environment
* Perform network performance monitoring and tuning
* Recommend, perform, and coordinate upgrades to network software and hardware which may require after hours and weekend work.
* Manage all networking projects including voice/data circuit installation and operation, CoS/QoS initiatives, monitoring and timely problem resolution
* Maintain telephone systems (PBX) in cooperation with outside vendors
* Implement appropriate levels of network security
* Assist with development and maintenance of IT Disaster Recovery plans, security policies, etc.
* Document network configuration

REQUIREMENTS:

* 3+ years of hands-on experience supporting a large nationwide Cisco LAN/WAN environment is required
* Experience with Cisco Call Manager configuration and support preferred
* Experience with non-Cisco telephone systems/ PBX
* Experience with managing telecom service providers
* Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problems solving skills required
* Strong understanding of Windows networking in an enterprise environment
* Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal presentation and time management skills
* Must work well in a team environment

EDUCATION:

* Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field, or equivalent experience
* A minimum of CCNA certification is required

APPLY RIGHT HERE NOW: http://www.21stcenturyoncology.com/careers/Non-Physician-Job-Opportunities.aspx

If you apply, please im/pm me right away!!

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

OK, we are hiring in the IT department at :google:

Jobs available:
IT Resident Scholar
Corporate Operations Engineer level 0
Corporate Operations Engineer level 1
Corporate Operations Engineer level 2

Job descriptions and requirements:
IT Resident Scholar
Official job description here
Basically, the ideal candidate:
* Speaks fluent English.
* Is about to graduate, or graduated in the last 2 years.
* Knows at least one of (Windows, Mac, Linux) at a thorough level, and is also familiar with the other two.
* Is smart and adaptable, with a thirst to learn.
Job duties:
* Front line helpdesk work.
* Attend training so you can advance beyond front line helpdesk.
--> If hired, you would start in early August.

Corporate Operations Engineer
Sample official job description is here.

Basically, the ideal candidate:

* Speaks fluent English.
* Also speaks the native language of the office location, if that's not English.
* Has some prior helpdesk experience.
* Knows at least one of (Windows, Mac, Linux) at a thorough level, and is also familiar with the other two.
Job duties:
* Front line helpdesk work. Hey, at least you'd be working at Google!

* Speaks fluent English.
* Also speaks the native language of the office location, if that's not English.
* Has a few years of experience.
* Knows at least two of (Windows, Mac, Linux) at a thorough level, ideally Mac and Linux, and is also familiar with the other one.
* Some coding ability would be a plus.
Job duties:
* Advanced helpdesk work. Troubleshooting complex problems that get escalated to you from a front line tech.
* Manage some minor projects, or contribute to major projects.

* Speaks fluent English.
* Has years of experience, really could be a sysadmin -- but is still willing to work with users.
* Knows Windows, Mac, and Linux at a thorough level.
* Also has some coding ability.
Job duties:
* Highly advanced helpdesk work. Troubleshooting problems nobody else can solve.
* Manage major projects to improve IT at Google.

Office locations where these jobs are available:
IT Resident Scholar
Mountain View, CA, USA

New York, NY, USA FILLED
Santa Monica, CA, USA
London, UK
Tokyo, Japan

New York, NY, USA FILLED
Pittsburgh, PA, USA FILLED
Mountain View, CA, USA
Washington, DC, USA
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Irvine, CA, USA
Dublin, Ireland
London, UK
Tel Aviv, Israel
Munich, Germany
Hyderabad, India
Sydney, Australia
Tokyo, Japan
Seattle / Kirkland, WA, USA NEW
The Dalles, OR, USA NEW

Pittsburgh, PA, USA FILLED
Mountain View, CA, USA
Dublin, Ireland
Tel Aviv, Israel
Munich, Germany

How to apply:
Please email me your resume and cover letter. I put my email address in my profile (look for "Email me:"). Yes that is really my email address. If I put your resume in the system I can help guide it into getting interviews. If you put your resume in yourself there's much less I can do for you. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Rastor fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 17, 2010

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Rastor posted:

OK, we are hiring in the IT department at :google:
Updated the OP and replied :)

please give me a job

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
I have to run out, but I will post a reply to that Google ad later. :)

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

Rastor posted:

OK, we are hiring in the IT department at :google:, and most of the applicants I've been interviewing so far have not been up to snuff, so I'm giving this thread a try.

Applying right now for something in Pittsburgh or New york

Not posted in my E-mail since I must of overlooked it I would be ok with work in D.C as well

Edit: E-mail sent

Dbhjed fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 7, 2010

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Rastor posted:

:google:

Do any of those jobs lead to sysadmin jobs? Are the users all internal? If there's one company in the world with smart users, it has to be Google. Relocating doesn't work for me right now, but some of those places interest me in the long term.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

My experience: 6 months call center, 3 months assembly line computer building, 3 months desktop support at Phoenix College. I also have an A+ and an MCSA that I am restudying for.
What I'm looking for: Ideally, another desktop support/CJ role with lots of hands on work where I can keep learning more stuff. I'd also go for a call center job as long as it's not sales.
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything having to do with sales
Where I live: East Phoenix, right off 51 and 202
Where I'm looking: Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Glendale area. I can get anywhere within the city pretty easily.
When I can start: ASAP
Requirements: I'm looking for full time, steady work.
Can be reached via: email: emc32189@hotmail.com or AIM at emc32189

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

FISHMANPET posted:

Do any of those jobs lead to sysadmin jobs? Are the users all internal? If there's one company in the world with smart users, it has to be Google. Relocating doesn't work for me right now, but some of those places interest me in the long term.
Internal transfers are usually not too difficult. I can name half a dozen former helpdesk folks who are now sysadmins just off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are many more. With that said, we're not looking for someone who will put in their sysadmin transfer request on day 2.

Yes, it's supporting Google employees. As a rule of thumb, our users are smart. However, it's the smart people who break their computers in the most fantastically interesting ways...

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Rastor posted:

Yes, it's supporting Google employees. As a rule of thumb, our users are smart. However, it's the smart people who break their computers in the most fantastically interesting ways...

Those are the best users, especially since they'll realize they broke it in a fantastic way and not be :supaburn: over it not being fixed right now, as if all it took were flipping a switch from broken to fixed.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Oh and I should mention we have a separate staff for our call center, so although some of these are front-line helpdesk positions, it's not phone support.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

In my experience software engineers tend to have very limited knowledge of hardware or OS level issues. Some do, but quite a few don't.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Are you able to give a salary range on the :google: positions? What's the room for advancement?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Sadly I can't give precise salary ranges, other than to say "we compensate comparably to other companies." Each offer packet tends to be fairly customized to the individual. I realize it's unusual and probably frustrating to not have numbers in advance, but it's one of those Google things and isn't likely to change.

Opportunities for advancement are both long and wide. You can be promoted within Corp Operations, gradually taking on more projects and doing less hands-on "it's broken fix it" work. You can also transfer to most any other group, including opportunities in VC Ops, Telecom / Cellular Ops, Systems administration, Network operations, etc. etc. You can get some reportees and become a manager if that's your thing. Or perhaps become a project manager. Or if you build up enough coding skills, even become a Software Engineer. There are literally thousands of possibilities; Google is always growing and there are always openings everywhere.

If you know of a different Google opening you'd like to apply for I can certainly submit your resume for that too, it's just the Corp Operations Engineering is the department I'm in so that's what I'm most familiar with and most want to get people hired for because of a selfish desire to spread the workload.

Rastor fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 8, 2010

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Rastor posted:

Google Stuff!

Sent you an e-mail.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Rastor posted:

Google Post

I sent you an e-mail yesterday. Hope to hear from you soon.

mattisacomputer
Jul 13, 2007

Philadelphia Sports: Classy and Sophisticated.

My experience: 3 Years supporting a Windows server environment and standard technologies. Server 2000 through Server 2008 R2. Symantec products -av/backup, 3com switches and a little cisco. Firewalls, vmware, etc. I've been in a junior admin the whole time so my hands have been in a number of technologies. I've been responsible for networks of 1-100 users.
What I'm looking for: Network Administrator supporting windows servers and various backend technologies.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: South New Jersey.
Where I'm looking: South New Jersey, Metro Philadelphia
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance is a must
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, matt1090@gmail.com

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Position filled by a goon!

Syano fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 7, 2010

kalonji
Feb 28, 2010
Have! It's `could have' not `could of', dipshit
Looking for someone with experience implementing Core banking systems for small-medium size banks for some consultancy work. Knowledge of iFlex/Finacle/Infosys needed.

Preferred bases- DC greenbelt area, London UK, Ottawa/Kanata ON, Dubai ( but must have US education)

PM me for scant details

jhujhiti
Nov 18, 2006
Curse you, Merciful Poseidon!

Rastor posted:

Google stuff

I also sent an email last night (from @adjectivism.org). Thanks for posting these.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

Rastor posted:

:google:

Santa Monica, CA, USA

Santa Monica, CA, USA

Sent you an email from Jason Morrell at Google for this location, hope to hear from you soon, thanks for posting something in LA.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Rastor posted:

OK, we are hiring in the IT department at :google:, and most of the applicants I've been interviewing so far have not been up to snuff, so I'm giving this thread a try.

New York, NY, USA
Santa Monica, CA, USA
London, UK

Mountain View, CA, USA
New York, NY, USA
Washington, DC, USA
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Irvine, CA, USA
Dublin, Ireland
London, UK
Sydney, Australia

Sent you an e-mail from samuel******** at gmail about these positions. Provided the compensation is appropriate, I'll gladly take a job anywhere in the English-speaking world, though New York City would be preferred.

CHEF!!! fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 15, 2010

kalonji
Feb 28, 2010
Have! It's `could have' not `could of', dipshit

kalonji posted:

Looking for someone with experience implementing Core banking systems for small-medium size banks for some consultancy work. Knowledge of iFlex/Finacle/Infosys needed.

Preferred bases- DC greenbelt area, London UK, Ottawa/Kanata ON, Dubai ( but must have US education)

PM me for scant details

Also experience with implementing Information Security Management Systems is preferred. ( ISO/IEC 27001
) etc

bobmontana
Oct 15, 2005

Award winning fjords, designed by Slartibartfast.

Rastor posted:

Google!

Just sent you an email from robmot***** at gmail. Thanks for posting this!

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
JOB OPENING

There is a new job available at my workplace that we are in a hurry to fill. We are located on the south side of Indianapolis between Beech Grove and Southport. The environment here is really relaxed and you get a ton of paid time off throughout the year. The pay is on the low side, but you trade it in for "not working for the man" and "actual vacation". This is basically subtitled as "Secondary Linux Administrator" and you would be in a subdivision of IS consisting of 4 people including myself. I serve as the Windows/VMware Administrator so there would be a lot of working with me and the Senior Sysadmin who is moving to be in a director role. Hours are normally 8a-4:30p but we do have 2 weekly maintenance periods that are very early in the morning, but we are pretty good with adjusting schedules so that you aren't dead the next day from zero sleep.

Systems Administrator
Information Systems
University of Indianapolis

The Division of Information Systems at the University of Indianapolis seeks applications for a Systems Administrator. This is a full-time exempt staff position.

This position will support the Department of Network & Systems Services and will work closely with the larger Information Systems Division. Responsibilities include facilitating and maintaining the ever-increasing number of enterprise class systems and software at the University.

Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field along with three to six years of experience as a Linux systems administrator is required. Candidates must have demonstrated experience working with LDAP, MySQL, Perl, PHP, and other open source technologies. Experience with Samba, Windows Server, VMware, and SELinux preferred. Knowledge of SAN and network hardware is helpful, as well as experience with Banner, Zimbra, ZenOSS, or Oracle software suites. Experience working in higher education is beneficial. The successful candidate should be able to work independently on projects from start to finish while coordinating with a variety of constituents. A flexible schedule is required.

Apply electronically at http://jobs.uindy.edu/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.

The University of Indianapolis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.

Send me a PM or email me at my username @gmail.com to let me know that you applied.

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

Aericina posted:

JOB OPENING

There is a new job available at my workplace that we are in a hurry to fill. We are located on the south side of Indianapolis between Beech Grove and Southport. The environment here is really relaxed and you get a ton of paid time off throughout the year. The pay is on the low side, but you trade it in for "not working for the man" and "actual vacation". This is basically subtitled as "Secondary Linux Administrator" and you would be in a subdivision of IS consisting of 4 people including myself. I serve as the Windows/VMware Administrator so there would be a lot of working with me and the Senior Sysadmin who is moving to be in a director role. Hours are normally 8a-4:30p but we do have 2 weekly maintenance periods that are very early in the morning, but we are pretty good with adjusting schedules so that you aren't dead the next day from zero sleep.

Systems Administrator
Information Systems

The Division of Information Systems at the University of Indianapolis seeks applications for a Systems Administrator. This is a full-time exempt staff position.

This position will support the Department of Network & Systems Services and will work closely with the larger Information Systems Division. Responsibilities include facilitating and maintaining the ever-increasing number of enterprise class systems and software at the University.

Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field along with three to six years of experience as a Linux systems administrator is required. Candidates must have demonstrated experience working with LDAP, MySQL, Perl, PHP, and other open source technologies. Experience with Samba, Windows Server, VMware, and SELinux preferred. Knowledge of SAN and network hardware is helpful, as well as experience with Banner, Zimbra, ZenOSS, or Oracle software suites. Experience working in higher education is beneficial. The successful candidate should be able to work independently on projects from start to finish while coordinating with a variety of constituents. A flexible schedule is required.

Apply electronically at http://jobs.uindy.edu/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.

The University of Indianapolis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.

Send me a PM or email me at my username @gmail.com to let me know that you applied.

1. Can you give a ballpark salary?

2. For the love of Christ, why Zimbra?

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.

MaberMK posted:

1. Can you give a ballpark salary?

2. For the love of Christ, why Zimbra?

I can't give you a ballpark, they don't discuss these things in the hiring committees. I can say it'll probably be at least 40k plus benefits.

We use Zimbra because we're a Linux shop and we use everything open source when possible. Yahoo bought Zimbra after we implemented it, but the position's involvement with Zimbra will probably be very minimal. My Sr. Sysadmin more than likely won't let that one go.

Namlemez
Jul 9, 2003
Filled.

Namlemez fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 30, 2010

PrinceofNessus
Jan 9, 2007

Job Opening
Design and manage a pay site for the pin-up girl/fetish model Kira Von Sutra.

Where
Anywhere will probably work, but the model is based out of Los Angeles.

When
loving now.

Pay
Negotiable

Contact
PrinceofNessus@gmail.com
kiravonsutra_booking@yahoo.com

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

PrinceofNessus posted:

Job Opening
Design and manage a pay site for the pin-up girl/fetish model Kira Von Sutra.
If this includes coding you should look into hiring two people, otherwise you're in for a world of incompetence on at least one front.

PrinceofNessus
Jan 9, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

If this includes coding you should look into hiring two people, otherwise you're in for a world of incompetence on at least one front.

Tell me more. I have no experience to speak of with web design. There is a thread in the top SH/SC forum so we don't clutter up the job fair thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3293602

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Rastor posted:

Google stuff

By chance, you wouldn't have the phone number for the person hiring at the Google DC location, would you? It's been a little while and I like to follow up with places I'm interested in.

MrManager
Apr 5, 2010
My experience: Two years of HTML, CSS, JS, ActionScript 3 web based development, Java, VB, CS3, CS4, Nearly all office products
What I'm looking for: Summer work if located locally or permanent/part time work remotely
What I'm NOT looking for: Data entry
Where I live: Baltimore/Catonsville, Maryland
Where I'm looking: Baltimore or web based work
Requirements: None really, I would like to be paid
Can be reached via: email/gchat: scott.r.rothman@gmail.com

MrManager fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 20, 2010

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Job opening!

My employer is looking for a system admin position in Anchorage, Alaska. The place has its eccentricities, but there is no Rob, I promise. We've been growing for the last 6 months at a crazy rate and desperately need more qualified hands to deal with the load. Shoot me a PM if you're interested - they've been flying qualified candidates up for interviews so even if you're not local, it may be worth a shot!

I don't work there nomore! But they're still hiring:

http://www.design-pt.com/careers.php

Delta-Wye fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 14, 2010

MrManager
Apr 5, 2010

PrinceofNessus posted:

Tell me more. I have no experience to speak of with web design. There is a thread in the top SH/SC forum so we don't clutter up the job fair thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3293602

I would be more than happy to help with this project

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Aericina posted:

JOB OPENING

Systems Administrator
Information Systems

First thing to show up in Indianapolis and I'm neither qualified nor interested, heh.

Oh well, I'll stick to my job on the north side...though it never hurts to keep an eye out. =)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
When it rains, it pours! Two more job openings!

Where: Anchorage, Alaska

What: Systems Technician II

What: System Administrator I / II

What: Software Developer II/III

If you're interested, let me know. Once again, we've been growing for the last 6 months at a crazy rate and desperately need more qualified hands to deal with the load. Shoot me a PM if you're interested - they've been flying qualified candidates up for interviews so even if you're not local you're welcome to send me a PM.

I don't work there nomore! But they're still hiring:

http://www.design-pt.com/careers.php

Delta-Wye fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 14, 2010

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Posted in A/T instead.

LiterallyAnything fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Gottitall
May 9, 2009