Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body
Yo, I pretty much love every single one of these tracks. Feeling the minimal and it's really something I'm trying to listen to more. Can you hit me with a few big names?

Tualek fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's

Xesis posted:

Buraka Som Sistema's essential mix is up for download here (it aired on BBC1 last night) - http://tinyurl.com/burakaessential

This was honestly one of the best EMs I've heard ever

Lowbo
Jan 16, 2010

Tualek posted:

Yo, I pretty much love every single one of these tracks. Feeling the minimal and it's really something I'm trying to listen to more. Can you hit me with a few big names?

Look at the labels Deadfish, Dirtybird, Anabatic Records, and Sound Pellegrino and all the artists associated with them

etard knievel posted:

anything by dubtribe sound system, rithma, riva starr
michel cleis - la mezcla
renaissance man - what is guru
sis - trompeta
coyu & edu imbernon - el baile aleman
stimming - una pena
julien chaptal - mamdaye
dandy jack & the junction - samba lubeck
the goodmen - give it up
hombre ojo - manejando en carrito rapidito por santiaguito
ricardo villalobos - spritzcussion
der dritte raum - trommelmaschine

These are all good names too. I'm a big fan of Coyu and Edu Imbernon, everything that duo puts out is groovy as gently caress (This one's my personal favorite)

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop
heres that r kelly edit i was talkin about

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

trill rear end posted:

heres that r kelly edit i was talkin about

Is there any possible way you could upload it somewhere else? I only ask because for some reason my school blocks tindeck and I really want to hear this.

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

phractured posted:

Is there any possible way you could upload it somewhere else? I only ask because for some reason my school blocks tindeck and I really want to hear this.

https://www.soundcloud.com/turboptwig

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

by the way this is way late trill but your grim rear end skull bong mix was FIRE

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

zerojake posted:

by the way this is way late trill but your grim rear end skull bong mix was FIRE

thanks brah!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Kerk posted:

Leonardus just put out his second mixtape, full of funky house goodness. Worth checking out.
http://www.mixcloud.com/leonardusmusic/leonardus-mixtape-vol2/player/

Thanks for this!

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Cyril Sneer posted:

Great song. Good to see there's at least a little bit of synthpop left in this thread.
I told you weeks ago that you could feel free to start a synthpop thread if you liked.

edit: okay not directly to you but mentioned here, and it was back in January

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
I made my first mix :3:

quote:

Top Billin - Work It
Nadastrom - Save Us
Femme En Fourrure - Plump Bisquit (Sharkslayer Demon Dub)
DJ Junior & Terri ft. Brooke Russell - Party Train (Santiago & Bushido Dub Mix)
Tocadisco ft. Nadia Ali - Better Run (Afrojack Remix)
Oliver Twizt - Gangsterdam
The Young Punx - MASHitUP (Shir Khan Remix)
A1 Bassline - We Love Pussy
Herve - Zombies
Urchins ft. Spoek - Tickets

http://www.mediafire.com/?o2dmkzuzmyw

A little rough, forgot where the fader was a few times... got one done though! Tell me what you think/advice/criticism.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

trill rear end posted:

thanks brah!

Yeah I'm also gonna have to give you compliments on that. I sent it to a good chunk of friends and they all love it, if that tells you anything.

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop
starting to travel and play gigs now! if you want me in your town, send me an email turbopmusic@gmail.com

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Duck Sauce needs to drop that Barba Streisand track soon. I need to hear it in full.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

phractured posted:

Duck Sauce needs to drop that Barba Streisand track soon. I need to hear it in full.

I'm sure i'll be hearing it non-stop this weekend.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

trill rear end posted:

starting to travel and play gigs now! if you want me in your town, send me an email turbopmusic@gmail.com

Bah never mind what I said earlier. None of the promoters down here have any loving money. There's like 20 promoters throwing 100 different nights. They really need to pool their resources.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
I guess I'll have to ask here because my googlefu just isn't working for me.

Does anyone have a possible list of downloads for mixes played at ultra this year? Me and my brother have been scavenging everywhere for deadmau5 and bloody beetroots but can't find anything. I know deadmau5 was supposedly not that good but it was my first time seeing it and I really like it and I want to remember :ohdear:

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

phractured posted:

I heard it at his set at Ultra. You will not be disappointed. It loving rocks. It's hilarious when you and the person next to you turn to each other mid-groove and both say "Barbara Streisand" then start dancing again.

Tualek fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 14, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
edit: I'm an idiot.

Dono fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 14, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Trill rear end posted:

I sent you an email, but forgot to mention if you decide to come down here I can point you or whoever is booking your shows to the right people!

Metroixer posted:

Does anyone have a possible list of downloads for mixes played at ultra this year? Me and my brother have been scavenging everywhere for deadmau5 and bloody beetroots but can't find anything. I know deadmau5 was supposedly not that good but it was my first time seeing it and I really like it and I want to remember :ohdear:

I think his set was great, maybe not as explosive as last years Ultra (partly due because how insane the crowd was last year) but he was still good. People were just let down at the lack of stage performance. If a mix does pop up I'll send you a PM.

Slippy G
Jul 2, 2007

oh shit

Metroixer posted:

I guess I'll have to ask here because my googlefu just isn't working for me.

I'd also kill for a download of the Bloody Beetroots, I only caught their set over an internet stream, being 1000s of miles away I had no chance to get to Ultra but it looked awesome.

Also if anyone can recommend any artists like Bloody Beetroots, Steve Aoki, MSTRKRFT etc. I've been listening to all the mixes posted in this thread but still pretty ignorant about everything.

Muttonchop
Jul 12, 2008

Slippy G posted:

Also if anyone can recommend any artists like Bloody Beetroots, Steve Aoki, MSTRKRFT etc. I've been listening to all the mixes posted in this thread but still pretty ignorant about everything.

On the heavier side of the Bloody Beetroots: SebastiAn, Huoratron, Distrakt, Owl Vision, The Toxic Avenger. Also Proxy.

For more melodic, italo-disco - just go with Cecile.

Lowbo
Jan 16, 2010
Just go to their last.fm pages and start exploring

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.
I just found out Groove Armada released a new album .. why did no one tell me :(

Groove Armada - I Won't Kneel (Bloody Beetroots Remix) is reaaaallyyy great!

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
from twitter

@Alexmetric may i point out that if you dotn have the new groove armada album "black light" you dotn like music. its as simple as that. thanks!

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
Well I guess I dotn like music, then...

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Im gonna enjoy myself at "west dance" at glastonbury on the friday:

West Dance
DJ Boys Noise
DJ Simian Mobile Disco
Live Delphic
DJ Fake Blood
DJ Rusko
Live Chromeo
DJ Aeroplane
DJ Boy 8-Bit
DJ Hannah Holland

:toot:

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Dono posted:

I think his set was great, maybe not as explosive as last years Ultra (partly due because how insane the crowd was last year) but he was still good. People were just let down at the lack of stage performance. If a mix does pop up I'll send you a PM.

Don't have PMs, if you happen to find it please drop an email to geruta345@yahoo.com if you can find it. It would be greatly appreciated :)

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

LE0N posted:

Im gonna enjoy myself at "west dance" at glastonbury on the friday:

West Dance
DJ Boys Noise
DJ Simian Mobile Disco
Live Delphic
DJ Fake Blood
DJ Rusko
Live Chromeo
DJ Aeroplane
DJ Boy 8-Bit
DJ Hannah Holland

:toot:

I would kill to see fake blood right now. I love this genre!

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

phractured posted:

I would kill to see fake blood right now. I love this genre!

he does a ton of shows man every year, most of them arent that expensive either. Odds on he will play a big show near you.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

LE0N posted:

he does a ton of shows man every year, most of them arent that expensive either. Odds on he will play a big show near you.

Fake Blood has come out to LA exactly *once* in the last couple years. If you're European, yeah, you can see him any time...

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

I live in the south-eastern most tip of Australia, someone from LA does not get to complain about a lack of decent shows

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Apolis posted:

I live in the south-eastern most tip of Australia, someone from LA does not get to complain about a lack of decent shows

emptyquote so hard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

New Crystal Castles

http://fixup.se/2010/04/crystal-castles-doe-deer/

Letting this one sink in. I hope I can buy it on Saturday on record store day.

Stravinskus
Feb 19, 2008

Mr Viper posted:

Fake Blood has come out to LA exactly *once* in the last couple years. If you're European, yeah, you can see him any time...

Played EDC last year and HARD this year. Not that elusive.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

incoherent posted:

New Crystal Castles

I don't ... hate this.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Ahahah yesss that CC track rules. No one can accuse them of being unoriginal at least. Such insane production.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Really? You guys like that track?

I was only able to make it through about 30 seconds of it before I wanted to kill myself. I later talked to a few friends about it, and they all said the same things.

It's annoying as gently caress. I love some Crystal Castles tracks, but there are a few that just aggravate the hell out of me, and this is one of them.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Volvagia posted:

No one can accuse them of being unoriginal at least.

this is a joke right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

incoherent posted:

New Crystal Castles

It's just an opinion, but I think there is just too much going on in all the wrong places in this track.