Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Rogz posted:

It's a DS, what's not to like.

If eBay is kosher then... one of the last real mini coopers ever made:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-Mini-Joh...#ht_1480wt_1165

That would be a fun car to drive here if the roads weren't full of potholes.

A garage near me has two of the last 300 minis ever made. One has 0 miles on, the other has 1000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

quote:

88 jeep comanche, race truck, class 7s full roll cage, full race suspension,bed cage, high fuel pump,20+ fuel tank in bed, custom tool box, brand new spare tire, 2 kc spot, 2 kc flood lights, brand new crate efi 4.0 motor from mopar, built race trans, ox rear end trussed, howe power steering, heat and a/c, all windows are still in it. street legal. doetsch remote reservoir shocks nitrogen filled. bed cage is removable with some work. 31" bfg's. limiting straps, oil,trans, water gauges in custom center section. beard racing seats with crowe 5 point harness's.k & n filter, fiberglass front fenders. really nice truck

Bidding at 1125, reserve not met

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988...=item19bb78c877

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 18, 2010

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Two flat beds for the price of one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-C50-WORK-TRUCK-FLAT-BED_W0QQitemZ160423575695QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2559fd808f

Only registered members can see post attachments!

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

A garage near me has two of the last 300 minis ever made. One has 0 miles on,

How'd they pull that off? Surely it would have gotten a few miles driving into shipping crates and in the lot and so on. And I thought that all cars got at least a few miles of testing at the factory. Did they just roll it everywhere?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

orange lime posted:

And I thought that all cars got at least a few miles of testing at the factory.

Rover.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
edit

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/1692678117.html

$800 for a Mustang wagon? Hmmmm...

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Good god, that would make an awesome sleeper. I wouldn't change a thing about its appearance.

lazercunt
Oct 26, 2007

It was a narcotics raid, not a Fritos raid.

Ericadia posted:

I heard that they had to destroy the old Jeeps before they could go to surplus (part of why that Growler is so expensive?), not sure if its the same deal with the humvee.

Makes sense, considering you shouldn't be allowed to own those things and drive around, honestly. That'd be nuts with people driving those. (also i need to talk to you)

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

quote:

i dont no if it is a boss or not

i'm ready to drive to albany to stab him in the face

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

deviant. posted:

know don't!

Dilbert.
Feb 20, 2006
two thumbs uuughhlp

deviant. posted:

do you no the address or do want too get directions

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

deviant. posted:

He's in Hudson Falls...probably drinks the river water, but if he lived in Albany he'd already have multiple stab wounds from that day alone.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

I would do dirty, dirty things at the local grudge night drag races with this.

Nathan Explosion
Aug 14, 2006
A whole new rainbow of pain!

I learned to drive in one of those, but beige instead of blue and with an anemic straight six. Even had the dog dish hubcaps.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Prelude Gundam posted:

do you no the address or do want too get directions

Fuckin English -- How does it work?

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005

Splizwarf posted:

What's going on here? :psyduck:

What a loving steering wheel. Also, the rear turn signals are loving neat. I want to know why there's no profile photo, though.

I must find a way to make this work on my shitbox 90 civic hatch. The problem is it doesnt have power steering and could bend the wheel pulling hard enough.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

ExtremeODD posted:

I must find a way to make this work on my shitbox 90 civic hatch. The problem is it doesnt have power steering and could bend the wheel pulling hard enough.

Pretty sure at least some versions of the DS didn't have power steering either.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Pretty sure that particular DS predates the days of power steering being standard equipment on every car :v: It is a 71.

Bonus: pronounciation of "DS" is the same as the word for "goddess" in French.

PhilMcRevis
Jun 1, 2006

Click here for the full 1113x942 image.

Dodge Dakota truck complete with old woman holding folder and small children.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

orange lime posted:

Pretty sure at least some versions of the DS didn't have power steering either.

Really? I'm pretty sure they all did. I mean, it's French, it's a DS, everything is hilariously soft and overboosted. It's all run by through those crazy-assed hydropneumatic spheres, including the entire suspension. That's why I love it, it's all just so wacky. The car can even lift a leg to change a tire, no jack required.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Splizwarf posted:

What's going on here? :psyduck:

It's french.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

el topo posted:

Pretty sure that particular DS predates the days of power steering being standard equipment on every car :v: It is a 71.

The DS was introduced in 1955 and had power steering as standard equipment. It already had the hydraulic system in place, why not make full use of it?

The ID came later as a simplified DS, it had a simplified hydraulic system and no power steering.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Well, I learn new stuff every day...

Richard Hammond talks about the DS.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

PhilMcRevis posted:

Click here for the full 1113x942 image.

Dodge Dakota truck complete with old woman holding folder and small children.

Not a bad deal.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Number_6 posted:

Not a bad deal.

Body in good shape at least

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
1989 Ford Mustang LOW LOW MILES - $5250

Oh look, it's somebody's ricestang. Maybe this will be good for a laugh.

Uhhh.....

some douche posted:

BEAUTIFUL MUSTANG! Private owner sale. Very low mile 1989 Mustang. Only 29k miles. Excellent condition in and out. A/C blows cold, runs and looks great! You will not find a nicer vehicle like this. It is in original condition and will not dissapoint! New tires, 4cyl, auto, back seat never even sat in!
:gonk:

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/1703526985.html

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/1692872430.html

quote:

I have a 1978 Datsun 280z that I found abandoned in a barn 5 years ago. Over the last 5 years I have taken the engine out and replaced all the gaskets, put a new head on it, new air flow meter, a 4 into 1 header with new black cat exhaust system all the way back, removed the fuel tank and had it hot tanked and recoated inside, replaced the fuel pump and all new injectors, new radiator, all new hoses, replaced all the brake pads,turned the rotors and drums, and put new aluminum wheels with new tires. The interior is all original and in very nice condition. The odometer on the car shows 99,000 miles. I stripped the body to bare metal, took out all dents and painted the car black/clearcoat. I put in $2000 worth of new sound system. The car needs to be re-titled. I have taken it through a State Patrol inspection and have the documentation for that. Just needs to be appraised and then can be re-titled. I have over $7000 into this car but my house now has some major problems that I need to deal with and can't spend any more time or money on it. I will try to get some pics up soon. If interested e-mail me.

Would it be tremendously dickish to ask if he'd keep the sound system and knock off ~$2000? :v:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Would it be tremendously dickish to ask if he'd keep the sound system and knock off ~$2000? :v:
I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe the rims too. Steelies and Z-Hubcaps can't be that hard to find. Otherwise, it appears he did a nice resto at face.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
How in the heck does it have a 4 into 1 header? Do these have shared exhaust ports like old Chevy straight 6s or something?

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 22, 2010

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Need some honest opinions here.

Click here for the full 1280x845 image.

I know the guy who is selling that, he's a friend of mine. I could likely get it for a bit cheaper tjam $2300, and I've been pondering taking out a $2000 loan because my Blazer has decided it wants to start eating parts left and right. Things I know about the Volvo include it eating oil and requiring a quart or so every time you fill the gas tank, and the fact that it has a lot of miles on it.

It's got a clean, straight body and it runs great, pretty quick to boot. Seem like a decent deal for $2k-ish?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Lowclock posted:

How in the heck does it have a 4 into 1 header? Do these have shared exhaust ports like old Chevy straight 6s or something?

It has an uneducated-seller/no-proofreading into 1 header.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
This one has it all.

All caps? Check.
Stupid big wheels? Check.
Engine mis-description? Check.
Make and model last thing you mention after everything else? Check.
Tiny, awful pictures that show hardly nothing? Check.

BIG BODY SITTIN ON HUGE 20 INCH CHROME +TIPTRONIC SHIFTING+ - $1500 (CT.MA.RI.NH.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-29, 11:24PM EDT
Reply to: sale-vhyms-1667926107@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS CAR IS FRESH AND READY TO ROLL IN STYLE

THIS IS THE CAR YOU BEEN WAITIN TO BUY......THIS CAR IS VERY NICE ITS TAN IN COLOR ITS 4 DOOR POWER EVERYTHING, IT HAS A PIONEER CD SOUND SYSTEM, CRUISE CONTROL,HEAT AND A/C, POWER OVERDRIVE, TRACTION CONTROL, 3.5 LITER V8 TURBO{VERY FAST CAR WITH GOOD HANDLING}, THIS CAR FEATURES AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH THE TIPTRONIC SHIFTING OPTION. THIS ALLOWS YOU TO SHIFT THRUOGH THE GEARS LIKE YOU WERE IN A STANDARD CAR WITHOUT THE USE OF A CLUTCH. THIS CAR IS SITTIN ON HUGE 20 INCH DA'VINCII RIMS WITH DAIMOND STUDS ON THE INNER LIP OF RIMS, ALSO HAS A 5 INCH DISH ON THE RIMS, SITTIN ON LOW PROFILE TIRES ALL NEW CONDITION. THIS CAR HAS LOW MILES 125,000 RECENTLY TUNED UP, AND READY FOR THE ROAD AND WILL PASS INSPECTION.....

here it is folks, the worlds only 3.5L V8 TURBO LH car with the rare Porsche tranmission.

Mighty Horse fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 22, 2010

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
This is kind of cool except for the price:
http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/1703259722.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

kimbo305 posted:

This is kind of cool except for the price:
He'll get it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Black88GTA posted:

Probably gonna ask ~$1k for it.

EDIT: That ~20k mile '97 posted above is a rare find indeed.

I'm probably going to make a 1-time offer to that lot tomorrow for it. If they bite, I'll take it. If not, I'll probably have a new legacy in my driveway later this summer. Comparable? No. Make sense? No. Do I want it. Yeah. Don't ask me why.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

slidebite posted:

I'm probably going to make a 1-time offer to that lot tomorrow for it. If they bite, I'll take it. If not, I'll probably have a new legacy in my driveway later this summer. Comparable? No. Make sense? No. Do I want it. Yeah. Don't ask me why.

Good luck. Just know that that car is what would typically be considered by many to be "overpriced" for what it is, as an SVX in really nice condition can be had for about $4k - $6k (in the US - I know used car prices in Canada are generally higher overall). Of course - given the stupidly low mileage, desirable MY, and excellent overall shape of that particular car, conventional SVX pricing may not apply at this point. Finding something comparable to that for sale elsewhere would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) which gives them free rein to ask pretty much whatever they want for it. If it's been sitting around awhile though, they may be willing to deal just to move it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Black88GTA posted:

Good luck. Just know that that car is what would typically be considered by many to be "overpriced" for what it is, as an SVX in really nice condition can be had for about $4k - $6k (in the US - I know used car prices in Canada are generally higher overall). Of course - given the stupidly low mileage, desirable MY, and excellent overall shape of that particular car, conventional SVX pricing may not apply at this point.

That's the only reason I'm even considering it. paying a premium for an "almost new" 13 year old car is worth something - but, no mistake, if he doesn't budge, I won't be buying it. I'll see if "cash talks" and a reasonable offer works with this guy or not. If he wants to sit on it until the "right buyer" comes along waiting to pay absolute top (IE: virtually asking price) comes along, he's welcome to.

TylerC 2.0
Jan 22, 2010
Real gold?

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/ctd/1703491273.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

T1g4h posted:

Need some honest opinions here.

Click here for the full 1280x845 image.

I know the guy who is selling that, he's a friend of mine. I could likely get it for a bit cheaper tjam $2300, and I've been pondering taking out a $2000 loan because my Blazer has decided it wants to start eating parts left and right. Things I know about the Volvo include it eating oil and requiring a quart or so every time you fill the gas tank, and the fact that it has a lot of miles on it.

It's got a clean, straight body and it runs great, pretty quick to boot. Seem like a decent deal for $2k-ish?

$1500 would be a better deal. For $2000 with over 250k on it I'd expect it to not go through oil like that. Losing oil at all is not normal for Volvos, they don't do it unless there's something lovely and interesting wrong with them. Tell us if that oil is getting burnt or leaving the engine via various seals. If it's just seals (and the interior is tits, climate control stuff works, it's got speakers, the tires aren't dry-rotted) and you can get it for $1500, good enough, seals are all reasonable to replace and inexpensive. If it's burning the oil I'd keep shopping; seals are fun but I don't want to play with ugly problems (hosed rings? blown-by turbo bearings? new valves?) on a car that I just paid money for. Expecially if you want a new car because you don't want to pay for your current one's parts addiction.

Get him to replace the windshield, because you're probably not passing inspection with a huge wandering crack in it. Ask him what oil he's been running (don't lead him with a "hey do you run synthetic"), if they've been running non-synthetic with that turbo, keep shopping.