Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

I know they're not punk/hardcore, but seeing as how most City of Caterpillar/pg.99 fans know them, the new Ghastly City Sleep is out and rocking my day.

Less post rock, more indie rock, but it's really good. More and more gold comes out of those Richmond folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Yesss I am tracking this down the minute I get a chance.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

I know they're not punk/hardcore, but seeing as how most City of Caterpillar/pg.99 fans know them, the new Ghastly City Sleep is out and rocking my day.

Less post rock, more indie rock, but it's really good. More and more gold comes out of those Richmond folks.

How does it compare to the first EP they released? I remember liking that one, although it wasn't the kind of album I listened to over and over again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New Sass Dragons comes out tomorrow for SIX DOLLARS HOLY poo poo

New Kids On The Bong and bam http://www.nobreaksrecords.com/ here's the label order it tomorrow when it drops yo

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Sass Dragons rule!
I'll definitely be picking that up.

Also, Wide Angles and New Creases are both great bands that deserve a listen.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
After looking, I have no idea where on there I'm supposed to order Sass Dragons so when I get a link from the dude I'll post it.

Also, http://www.punknews.org/article/37945 new OWTH June 8th, poo poo yeah, their first release on Epitaph

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
http://www.nobreaksrecords.com/fr_cd Sass Dragons go

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey has low I.Q.
Soo roll call for Chaos In Tejas 2010...who is going?

I'll be there all four days. Most of the shows have sold out online, so if you're going you better get your tickets now from someone.

I'm mostly excited for Bastard (DUH), Rorschach, Bastard Noise, and loving Poison Idea.

Anyone know if Poison Idea is good live these days? I know their line up is far from original, I'm hoping for the best.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

mind eraser posted:

I'll be there all four days. Most of the shows have sold out online, so if you're going you better get your tickets now from someone.

I'm mostly excited for Bastard (DUH), Rorschach, Bastard Noise, and loving Poison Idea.

Anyone know if Poison Idea is good live these days? I know their line up is far from original, I'm hoping for the best.

RIP Pig Champion. :(

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

mind eraser posted:

I'm not going to be able to go but I'm sure it's going to be great. Make sure that you catch Wasted Time. They are playing a couple shows so you have a couple different chances to see them. I hope Poison Idea is good. The only original member is Jerry so just be prepared for that.

Johnny Deformed
Jun 11, 2005

Because fact into doubt... won't go.
Anyone going to see Wilhelm Scream next month in London??

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

rivals posted:

Only one. The 2nd one. Hit me up if you're interested. School hit me hard last quarter so I'm currently stalled at the "A's" in the LPs.

Yea, interested. email is hootars at gmail.com if you can give me a list of whatever else you're selling I might be interested in more stuff.

Fuuuuuck I need stop being lazy about getting my passport. black breath/converge/thursday/touch amore in NY but I can't possibly get it in time.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Oh my gently caress, everyone should do this: http://asianmanrecords.com/basket/btmi5deal.html

I know all their albums are free to download, but if you're as huge as a BTMI fan as I am, it's nice to have all those records for that price.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

mind eraser posted:

I'll be there, same as every year. Are you making it out this year, Not An Anthem? Poison Idea still rips. Timmy's created a monster, this year is gigantic. I'm passing on a lot of the extra shows, a pre-show, fest, after show and afterparty is tiring enough for me. Did ya'll get on the boat show?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Not going for various reasons, please stagedive and injure lots of people for me

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

answersyouseek posted:

I'm not going to be able to go but I'm sure it's going to be great. Make sure that you catch Wasted Time. They are playing a couple shows so you have a couple different chances to see them. I hope Poison Idea is good. The only original member is Jerry so just be prepared for that.

Hell yes, Wasted Time is one of my favorite new hardcore bands. I'll be seeing them at the Thursday show at emo's with Crow and Talk Is Poison. And yeah, I heard that he's the only member. I'm hoping for the best.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
OMG the Dude Fest line-up

Municipal Waste
Arab on Radar
Trap Them
Voetsek
Landmine Marathon
Failures
Vaccine
Pollution
Slices
Gospel
Get Rad
Capsule
Suis La Lune
Weekend Nachos
Phoenix Bodies
Black Arrows of Filth and Impurity
Coffinworm
+3 or 4 more

http://www.myspace.com/dudefestindiana

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, that line up is ridiculous. I'm not sure if it's better than last years (probably not) but I wish I could go to both Chaos and Dude fest. :(

Also, I never saw the appeal for Arab On Radar. Am I missing something? I actually prefer the Chinese Stars more...

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
I dunno, I love Arab On Radar. I started with The Stolen Singles and went from there. They are just so awesomely Disjointed...

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Wasted Time is not a new band in any sense of the word

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Not an Anthem posted:

Wasted Time is not a new band in any sense of the word

Haha yeah. They have definitely been around for quite awhile now.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I didn't even know Voetsek was still a band.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Nails posted:

How does it compare to the first EP they released? I remember liking that one, although it wasn't the kind of album I listened to over and over again.

I reeeally liked the EP a lot, and so far I like this the same amount, though it doesn't make you suffer from wanting more, since it's a full-length. I also like it for different reasons, since again, it's a lot less post-rock.

baberaham lincoln posted:

OMG the Dude Fest line-up

Municipal Waste
Arab on Radar
Trap Them
Voetsek
Landmine Marathon
Failures
Vaccine
Pollution
Slices
Gospel
Get Rad
Capsule
Suis La Lune
Weekend Nachos
Phoenix Bodies
Black Arrows of Filth and Impurity
Coffinworm
+3 or 4 more

http://www.myspace.com/dudefestindiana

Ugh I hate how all the best shows aren't on the West Coast.

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

So this past Saturday was 'Record store day' in a town I live near so naturally I had to poke around for a bit.

I found a OP copy of the Chumbawamba/State of Mind split. Agit pop records 2. Really a fantastic piece of early peace punk. It has like super early versions of Isolation and Invasion, arguably two of the best songs off the 'Pictures' LP.

A State of Mind loving rips! Anyone know anything about them? They were apparently from San Fransisco, but I can't seem to find out much more then that.

And only $3! gently caress!

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

aniero posted:

So this past Saturday was 'Record store day' in a town I live near so naturally I had to poke around for a bit.

I found a OP copy of the Chumbawamba/State of Mind split. Agit pop records 2. Really a fantastic piece of early peace punk. It has like super early versions of Isolation and Invasion, arguably two of the best songs off the 'Pictures' LP.

A State of Mind loving rips! Anyone know anything about them? They were apparently from San Fransisco, but I can't seem to find out much more then that.

I hate you. :(

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Hey, if I like Leatherface what else would I like in that vein? Specific albums I like are Minx and the Stormy Petrel.

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

aniero posted:

Chumbawamba was beast, and made some awesome songs, and then they transformed into that "Tub thumping" thing...

and over in richmond, VA - there is/was an event called "Save Plan 9(a local record store)" and i picked up The Subhumans EP-LP for 5 bucks.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
the new Ceremony song slays. WHY WON'T THIS LEAK, 1 MONTH IS WAY TO loving LONG!

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

Parachute Underwear posted:

Hey, if I like Leatherface what else would I like in that vein? Specific albums I like are Minx and the Stormy Petrel.

Try the Sainte Catherines.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

TerranRaida posted:

Chumbawamba was beast, and made some awesome songs, and then they transformed into that "Tub thumping" thing...

and over in richmond, VA - there is/was an event called "Save Plan 9(a local record store)" and i picked up The Subhumans EP-LP for 5 bucks.

Then they transformed into a top notch folk act. No harm done.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Hot Water Music, Gunmoll, Dillinger Four, The Tim Version, Grabass Charlestons, Tiltwheel... basically half of No Idea's catalog.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
Fair to fuckin Midland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCOkPoNDsA8

Bluedust fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 27, 2010

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Bluedust posted:

Fair to fuckin Midland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCOkPoNDsA8

That's fuckin terrible.

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

The Lawrence Arms, Jawbreaker, The Broadways, and maybe None More Black.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

My friend just told me he has tickets to the lip cream show today. Zach you're not going are you? Not going to chaos this year makes me want to hoof it to california for the big prank show..

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

My friend just told me he has tickets to the lip cream show today. Zach you're not going are you? Not going to chaos this year makes me want to hoof it to california for the big prank show..

Nah, I'm going to tejas and most likely the Gauze west coast shows in the fall, so I am just not able to make it to Tokyo for Lip Cream, which is too bad. I want to go back to Japan next year, but I'm trying to get See You In Hell over from Czech for an East Coast/Midwest tour next summer, so that might put a squash on any further traveling (not that getting to be on tour with SYIH is really a hindrance or anything).

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
My band, Southside Stranglers (http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva), is going on tour next week in support of our new single Strangle You. We are playing:

5/4: Durham, NC at The Kent House with Thieves and Shards
5/5: Atlanta, GA at The Cat Cave with ?
5/6: Nashville, TN at Glenn Danzig's House with The Cannomen and Symptoms
5/7: Chicago, IL at The Exit with ?
5/8: Horrible Fest at Now That's Class with a bunch of bands

If you are around any of these cities you should come check us out. I'll be the bass player who can't walk so feel free to come make fun of me for being temporarily handicapped and going on tour anyway.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

poo poo sounds good!
I'll probably end up going to your Chicago show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sass Dragons album came in last week. At least as good as Bonkaroo, if not better, but I need a few more listens to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Sharon is Karen posted:

The Lawrence Arms, Jawbreaker, The Broadways, and maybe None More Black.

These are pretty awesome (already knew about Jawbreaker), thanks! Also thanks to the others.