Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I almost bought a maroon golf when I was looking at new cars a few years ago just because of Seinfeld.

But, you'd have some troubles when you run into a black Saab.

Also, guys, I'm thinking about buying an 8-Ball jacket. Should I wear it all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

AKA Driver posted:

Also, guys, I'm thinking about buying an 8-Ball jacket. Should I wear it all the time?

You should ask the jacket, obviously.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I think I like the "idea" of Larry David's shows better than the execution. I've tried a few times to pick up CYE (I hear there's an overarching plot in the 2nd season), but it's tough going for me.

That gif of Seinfeld having enough BS and getting up to leave is probably my favorite gif on the internet, though.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004

The Infamous Shane posted:

You should ask the jacket, obviously.

If that's the case, then ALL SIGNS POINT TO YES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZlXBojNMSs

AKA Driver fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 23, 2010

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Digital Scumbag posted:

I've tried a few times to pick up CYE (I hear there's an overarching plot in the 2nd season),

Every season except the first has an overarching plot.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
I think some of my favorite parts of Seinfeld are the incredibly subtle lines that it takes several viewings to really pick up on. The best example is Kramer's nonchalant response when they talk about his friend Seth:

"Oh yeah, your friend Seth dropped by."
"What did he have to say?"
(Quickly)"Oh he was fired."

I also find myself reflexively saying "Sweet fancy Moses!" quite a lot.

Real Killer
Aug 22, 2004

I love how if you look closely at Newman's apartment it is one big fat joke. He has pictures of food and take out menus everywhere, He literally has framed pictures of hamburgers and ice cream sundaes and poo poo on his walls and you can't forget the hotdog phone.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Bobfromsales posted:

My two favorite Episodes are by far The Pen and The Cheever Letters. Both of those episodes put the cast into a world that's so completely insane they make them look normal. In both stories the people involved are in worlds so isolated they don't even realize that the way they act is abnormal. Which is what Larry David's point was in the finale anyway, except this time about the main characters.

"When you come in the house, you wipe your wheels!!"

Kills me, every time.

I loving love how Jerry and George slowly back out of the room there, Jerry points to his watch and George is just talking nonsense, "Yes time is what he's indicating there" it kills me every time I watch it.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
A single Elaine "Get Out" is worth a million emoticon frogs doing the same.

Can one of you obsessives track down the episode, scene or exact quote I'm talking about here.

Someone breaks up with their girlfriend (THAT NARROWS IT DOWN) and to sympathise everyone starts paying out on her and someone says something like "She was so terrible I'm suprised no one has killed her".

Did this ever happen or am I imagining it. It's been so long since I saw this stuff.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
And here's three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XgvHPt1cg

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

I laugh so hard every single time I see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGHTcF4thLw

"You think to yourself, what the hell, I'll just eat some trash"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
If my friend can't remember a name, he'll say Bob Sacramento regardless of gender.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I love this show so loving much. I used to watch at least 3 episodes a day from my DVDs all the time. I still watch repeats every day and I never get tired of them.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 23, 2010

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

-S- posted:

I laugh so hard every single time I see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGHTcF4thLw

"You think to yourself, what the hell, I'll just eat some trash"

Oh God that's so funny! It takes him a second to even realize what's wrong about what he's doing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

-Atom- posted:

If my friend can't remember a name, he'll say Bob Sacramento regardless of gender.

Bob Sacamano. :eng101:

As in:

Jerry: "You know my friend Bob Sacamano..."
Elaine: "I thought he was Kramer's friend."
Jerry: "Well he called last night about 3am and we got to talking. He sells Russian hats down at Battery Park. 40 bucks."
Elaine: "40 bucks? Are they sable?"
Jerry: "No, but the difference is negligible"
Kramer: "Oh yeah, I like this idea."

The Chicken Roaster is still one of my favorite episodes. Jerry turning into Kramer is great.

edit - Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUvzzEtNevY&feature=related

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TMMadman posted:

Bob Sacamano. :eng101:

Oh my goodness.

:aaaaa:

Postmaster General
Mar 12, 2007

gger

TMMadman posted:

Jerry: "Well he called last night about 3am and we got to talking. He sells Russian hats down at Battery Park. 40 bucks."

It's a RAT HAT?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I Choose not to run!

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Why is there a bucket on his head?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Postmaster General posted:

It's a RAT HAT?

And a poorly made one at that.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
For all time funniest episodes, "The Contest" has to rank right up there, especially the opening few minutes. In what has to be a rarity, the rerun of this episode actually drew higher numbers than the first run by about 50%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woB8Kvk0M0w&feature=related

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The most underrated part of an episode had to be where George is all taking about having "hand" in the relationship. I'm not happy it didn't catch on.

Bankok posted:

For all time funniest episodes, "The Contest" has to rank right up there, especially the opening few minutes. In what has to be a rarity, the rerun of this episode actually drew higher numbers than the first run by about 50%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woB8Kvk0M0w&feature=related

That had to be their breakthrough season ratings-wise, being moved midseason to a slot after the final episodes of Cheers.

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

Cheeseball IV posted:

Why is there a bucket on his head?

Because we're blind to their Tyranny!

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

The Infamous Shane posted:

Because we're blind to their Tyranny!

Then shouldn't the bucket be on your head? :confused:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

In school, I took an anthropology course exploring the Sitcom as a reflection and assertion of domestic American life from 1950 to present. It involved watching everything from "Donna Reed" and "Amos & Andy" to "Mary Tyler Moore," "Cosby," and "Roseanne."

The only show to actually make anybody laugh was "Seinfeld."

(We watched the vasectomy episode, and the one where they all go out to Long Island to see the baby. Best class ever.)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cheeseball IV posted:

Then shouldn't the bucket be on your head? :confused:

Move along, Betty..

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

Gravy Jones posted:

A single Elaine "Get Out" is worth a million emoticon frogs doing the same.

Can one of you obsessives track down the episode, scene or exact quote I'm talking about here.

Someone breaks up with their girlfriend (THAT NARROWS IT DOWN) and to sympathise everyone starts paying out on her and someone says something like "She was so terrible I'm suprised no one has killed her".

Did this ever happen or am I imagining it. It's been so long since I saw this stuff.

You're looking for season 4's "The Dog".

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

-Atom- posted:

Mulva?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

The Human Cow posted:

Incorporating parts of Seinfeld into your real life is probably the best part of the show. Anytime my girlfriend and I are arguing about something trivial and one of us convinces the other that we're right, the winning side will usually rub it in with a "ah, here's a fact: I'M THE WIZ! NOBODY BEATS ME!"

I totally do the "yeah that's right" too. It's hard to make a good Puddy face. You have to kind of jut your jaw out, too.

Agreed. I'm partial to breaking out "Gotta support the team," when talking about sports/games/etc.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004

Lord of Laughton posted:

Agreed. I'm partial to breaking out "Gotta support the team," when talking about sports/games/etc.

The Voice is generally used every time I talk on the phone with a friend.

HELLLLLOOOOO, LA LA LA.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Vertical Lime posted:

The most underrated part of an episode had to be where George is all taking about having "hand" in the relationship. I'm not happy it didn't catch on.
I'm with you on this one. "I've got so much hand I'm comin' out of my glove" too.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

And you're gonna need it

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

AKA Driver posted:

The Voice is generally used every time I talk on the phone with a friend.

HELLLLLOOOOO, LA LA LA.

Yeah, me and my buddies sill use this all the drat time too.
Long live Kramerica Industries.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

safety dan posted:

You're looking for season 4's "The Dog".

Thank you kindly. Of course I've still got to save up for the boxed set. £80 is a bit too steep at the moment, but that kind of stuff goes on sale a lot so I have my eyes peeled.

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World
I was always fond of Morty Seinfeld political scheming down in Florida. The Nixon references ruled. And of course any episode with George's parents. But my favorite line is, "The card says Moops." From Bubble Boy.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
I just assumed everyone liked Seinfeld by default.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

HoveringCheesecake posted:

I just assumed everyone liked Seinfeld by default.

In my experience, people either completely hate Seinfeld or love it. The people who hate it claim it's not funny or don't like how the characters are all jerks.

Haters gonna hate :c00lbert:

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

Karl Rove posted:

In my experience, people either completely hate Seinfeld or love it. The people who hate it claim it's not funny or don't like how the characters are all jerks.

Haters gonna hate :c00lbert:

The people I know who don't like it (aka heathens) complain about the music between scenes as the underlying factor. Which doesn't really take away from the comedy in my opinion, but whatever.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Haters gonna hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
"I proclaim this the Summer of George!" *gets accosted by bee*