Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
New Black Funeral album out on the 30th. If it's anything like Waters of Weeping it'll be well worth snapping up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
btw if you complained about Revelations of the Black Flame I'm holding you personally responsible for Demonoire

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Man, Belus stinks.

The strongest songs so far are Kaimadalthas' Nedstigning and Sverddans but its just overall weak.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Hung Yuri posted:

Man, Belus stinks.

The strongest songs so far are Kaimadalthas' Nedstigning and Sverddans but its just overall weak.

Whereas I thought Sverddans was one of the most boring moments on the album. I've only listened to it twice so far and have not decided whether it's as a whole appropriately enthralling or just boring.

Edit: After a couple more listens, I firmly believe I do in fact like Belus. Not to say it couldn't have been made better by adding more layers.

Frank Caskelot fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 13, 2010

EssEssEssErr
Jul 14, 2007

W: "What're you rebelling against, Johnny?"
M: "What've you got?"

catbread.jpg posted:

Post your email and I can contact you.

Could you please email me about that Leviathan inspired shirt as well?

respawnfb /<at>/ hotmail /[dot]/ com

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Caucasus Belli posted:

btw if you complained about Revelations of the Black Flame I'm holding you personally responsible for Demonoire

Oh? Have you found proof in the pudding or are you basing this purely on the sole track posted online?

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
is is wrong to admit that i enjoyed Revelations of the Black Flame far more than any other 1349 release?

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007
http://xs.to/share-BFB6_4BC4EC19.html

This should do the trick.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

catbread.jpg posted:

http://xs.to/share-BFB6_4BC4EC19.html

This should do the trick.

Did you screenprint it yourself? Or where did you get a one-off made?

Also, apparently Until the Light Takes Us played on the Sundance channel the other day - I assumed they were gonna milk it for everything it's worth in theaters. Did anyone see it? Was there anything edited out? I dunno if it's gonna show again but I'd like to catch it.

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 14, 2010

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007
Some random print shop, it was a direct digital print onto the fabric.

Horrorca
Mar 24, 2010

Best black metal album ever? Quite probably, yes.

NATO
Aug 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Horrorca posted:

Whom am I looking at?

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
^^^Taake

Horrorca posted:

Best of all time might be a stretch, but this album and band do in fact rule.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

NATO posted:

Whom am I looking at?

Taake.

Nattestid Ser Porten Vid album to be percise.

and you're wrong.

Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmerik is his best album. :colbert:

NATO
Aug 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Hung Yuri posted:

Taake.

Nattestid Ser Porten Vid album to be percise.

and you're wrong.

Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmerik is his best album. :colbert:
haha

search: Nattestid Ser Porten Vid

Wikipedia: Did you mean: Nattestad Ser Porter Vid?

search: Nattestad Ser Porter Vid

Wikipedia: Did you mean: Nattestad Ser Potter Video?

search: Nattestad Ser Potter Video

Wikipedia: There were no results matching the query.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I copy pasted the name from last.fm v:shobon:v

oh, wikipedia doesn't have a page for any of his cds except the 2008 anyways

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Look at his big fingernails, they've gotta get in the way.

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007

The Perfect Element posted:

Look at his big fingernails, they've gotta get in the way.

Must be pretty hard to get that wedding ring on too :)

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Horrorca posted:

Everyone knows that the best black metal album ever is a four way tie between Bathory's Under the Sign of the Black Mark, Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse, Drudkh's Autumn Aurora and Burzum's Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.

Felix Towerpants
Nov 5, 2008

Practically perfect in every way!

ultraviolence123 posted:

Everyone knows that the best black metal album ever is a four way tie between Bathory's Under the Sign of the Black Mark, Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse, Drudkh's Autumn Aurora and Burzum's Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.

Quoted for truth.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

I thought we were talking about cover art until I re-read the thread. :/

But I still want to post this as the prime example of black metal cover art

Ronnie Spector
Dec 4, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

ultraviolence123 posted:

One of these things is not like the others...

NATO
Aug 3, 2009

by Lowtax

ultraviolence123 posted:

Isn't that a bit of an early call?

DominionOfSatyr
Jan 14, 2008

Deconsecrate

Fuklaw posted:

is is wrong to admit that i enjoyed Revelations of the Black Flame far more than any other 1349 release?

You're not alone. I thought the tracks that had actual music were really great. I'm looking forward to the new cd.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
What do you guys think of Trancelike Void? I picked up their 'Unveiling the Silent Arms of Despair' EP after digging their first album, 'Destroying Something Beautiful', and both records are pretty fantastic.

For those who aren't familiar, Trancelike Void play a sort of ambient, shoegazey (I guess) black metal. It's very fuzzy and washed out, with the vocalist screaming indecipherably and the guitars playing quite prolonged, hypnotic, yet quite upbeat, riffs. In a way they kind of remind me of Agalloch, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13kZjUr57Uk

Horrorca
Mar 24, 2010
Arrived today!

Cosmic Black fuckin' Metal.

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Oh? Have you found proof in the pudding or are you basing this purely on the sole track posted online?

You've got a point there, they ran with Maggot Fetus as the promo track for Black Flame and it was nothing like the rest of the album, so I may be being prematurely negative? I hope

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
Oh hey, no, I was right

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Kaiho posted:

I thought we were talking about cover art until I re-read the thread. :/

But I still want to post this as the prime example of black metal cover art

The number of copies/impersonations/ripoffs of this goes to show how well this and Live in Liepzig epitomize black metal artwork. The pure b/w Darkthrone version is my favorite for classic style artwork, though it is great to see bands using completely different types of artwork that they believe fit their music better.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Zodijackylite posted:

The number of copies/impersonations/ripoffs of this goes to show how well this and Live in Liepzig epitomize black metal artwork. The pure b/w Darkthrone version is my favorite for classic style artwork, though it is great to see bands using completely different types of artwork that they believe fit their music better.

Apparently the Threshold filter is where it's at for black metal.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

The Transilvanian Hunger cover is indeed :black101:

This is the runner-up best Darkthrone cover for me

Black metal angels!

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

I know Fenriz himself doesn't consider it a black metal release, but there's something about the Soulside Journey cover that I really like. Seeing it for the first time in LP size a while back, I had to stare. Something mystical and really weird about the planetscape in it.

edit: VVV Fair enough, I get why you would post. I didn't make it clear enough that I was posting in the black metal thread about a death metal album but because the later works by the same two guys were black metal, I felt it fit.

Kaiho fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 25, 2010

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Kaiho posted:

I know Fenriz himself doesn't consider it a black metal release, but there's something about the Soulside Journey cover that I really like. Seeing it for the first time in LP size a while back, I had to stare. Something mystical and really weird about the planetscape in it.

I'd say there is a fairly good reason that he doesn't consider it a black metal album.

It is because it is death metal, and really quite good death metal at that.

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis

Horrorca posted:

I personally think Hordaland was their best.

Also, best Metal Band ever ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aovaRsVV28&feature=player_embedded

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007
New Altar of Plagues is out, I'm still undecided on it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Horrorca posted:

I'd heard some Taake before, but I finally got around to listening through the whole Nattestid... album and it's really really good. Thanks for the post :)

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

catbread.jpg posted:

Out? Or leaked? My pre-order hasn't shipped yet from the label.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

catbread.jpg posted:

The first song has a real slow beginning, but I can see myself really enjoying this.

edit: It may just be me but it seems like the snare drum is way too loud and it makes the blast beats sound funky. There's also some singing on here, It was definitely a pleasant surprise.

I Brake For MILFs fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 27, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Ah, hell! I just read where IXXI have split up. I hope Totalscorn goes on to to another project. His vocals are like no others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
What do you guys think of the new Borknagar?

I've listened to it one and a half times, and I really like it. I always like their stuff, so it's no surprise to me. I loved Epic and this is definitely in the same vein, though mellower.