Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arturo Ui posted:

I think I love every single episode except for a few (the first two episodes, the finale, and The Stranded w/ Michael Chiklis).

So, I honestly had no idea that
()
was Michael Chiklis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Seinfeld was a show I remember watching with my family during dinner as a kid. Most of the jokes went over my head but I still found something to laugh at.

The finale was kinda meh until SNL did their skit with Jerry being sent to Oz, then it became amazing.

And my favorite episode is probably tied between "The Contest" and "The Betrayal".

Edit: I found that Oz parody. Watch it and enjoy. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18kvo_seinfeld-in-oz_people

Coco Rodreguiz fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 26, 2010

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
If you can't remember which episode a certain line is from and want to look like some kind of Svenjolly, Seinfeld Scripts really comes in handy.

How do you people date girls that don't know Seinfeld? Your girlfriends should have their own schools.

My favorite Elaine moment is when she tells the Priest that she and Puddy are just "havin' a good time."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Chicolini posted:

My favorite Elaine moment is when she tells the Priest that she and Puddy are just "havin' a good time."

The Priest and Elaine making Devil's horns and going "Blaaaahhh!!" while Putty has a look of horror on his face (well...as much as Putty can have a look of horror...) slays me.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

It's even funnier that Puddy is religious when you also consider the episode when Puddy scares the poo poo out of the El Salvadorian priest while wearing devil facepaint.

gotta support the team...

Parachute
May 18, 2003

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Anyways, the hilarious part is that almost a whole year later, toward the end of season 6, in the episode "The Diplomat's Club", George suspects his boss thinks he's racist, so he goes around trying to make black friends so he can introduce them to his boss & impress him.

"I'm the exterminator"

"That's... what we used to call him in high school, the exterminator. He's a linebacker. Oh, did we have some wild times."

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I recently rewatched the Seinfeld finale. My wife had never seen it, but she really likes the show, so I got it for her. It ended up being a lot better than I recalled. It was surprising.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I wish I had the kavorka...

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Happy, Pappy?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I recently rewatched the Seinfeld finale. My wife had never seen it, but she really likes the show, so I got it for her. It ended up being a lot better than I recalled. It was surprising.

I remember thinking that upon rewatching it later.

I was only 13 when the show ended, but I'd pretty much been raised on it and reruns of Cheers thanks to my dad, grandpa, uncle and cousins who all quoted it endlessly at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.

When the finale originally aired even I, at 13, was like WTF IS THIS?

But now, after the fact, I realized it was a really, really solid episode that I discounted because my expectations were so high initially.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
When I was younger, I felt stupid for being the only one that liked the Seinfeld finale. :(

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Seinfeld added so much to the pop culture vernacular. People would add poo poo to their vocabulary the day after the show aired, it was true water cooler tv.

You're right, it really is streets ahead of all other sitcoms.

Pete Campbell
Feb 23, 2006

Same price as a chip and dip!

OldSenileGuy posted:

You're right, it really is streets ahead of all other sitcoms.

Stop trying to coin "streets ahead."

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Pete Campbell posted:

Stop trying to coin "streets ahead."

Trying? Coined and minted.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Also I've always had A Thing for for Julia/Elaine

Undersold
Oct 12, 2002

Join me for a glass of champagna

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Also I've always had A Thing for for Julia/Elaine

Who doesn't! Elaine is the ultimate girl. She's cute, smart and can hang with the guys.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Undersold posted:

Who doesn't! Elaine is the ultimate girl. She's cute, smart and can hang with the guys.

If only she could dance.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"Which clinic did you say you were from?"
"Yes that's correct."

*Minutes later*

"I think they have a chart on me now!"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

AKA Driver posted:

This episode fires on all cylinders for me. Kramer driving past E, Jerry dealing with Elaine and Puddy (Hey, Koko. That monkey's alright. High Five,), and the candy lineup.

My favorite quote from that episode is "And you! How many Twix does that make for you, today?! Like, 8 Twix?!" and the mechanic's mouthful of "Noooo."

My favorite George moment right there:

"Hey what is this? A Mounds bar?"
"Its a TWIX! They're all TWIX! It was a setup! BUT YOU'VE SCREWED ME! YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN! Now hurry up and give me one!"
"Sorry. Last one."
".........TWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXX!"

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
"David, I'm going to hell! The worst place in the world! With devils and those caves and the ragged clothing! And the heat! My god, the heat! I mean, what do you think about all that?"

"It's gonna be rough."

"You should be trying to save me!"

"Don't boss me! This is why you're going to hell."

"I am NOT going to hell and if you think I'm going to hell, you should care that I'm going to hell, even though I am not."

"You stole my Jesus fish, didn't you?!"

"Yeah, that's right!"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I could really use an animated gif of Kramer's restless sleep from "The Millennium". Such a classic.

"Jerry...*flips to other side of pillow* Newman...*faces upward* Two thousand...*bolts upriright, screaming* NEWMANIUM!!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Parachute posted:

"I'm the exterminator"

"That's... what we used to call him in high school, the exterminator. He's a linebacker. Oh, did we have some wild times."

"Hey, Sugar Ray Leonard can eat here for free anytime!"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"Mis......Mister Marbles?"

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Before Seinfeld, muffin tops weren't a thing. I could go buy a muffin top at Atlanta Bread Company right now. That's lasting impact. I'll tell you right now the ABC doesn't make them the "right" way, but I hear it's prohibitively difficult to get rid of the stumps.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

safety dan posted:

Before Seinfeld, muffin tops weren't a thing. I could go buy a muffin top at Atlanta Bread Company right now. That's lasting impact. I'll tell you right now the ABC doesn't make them the "right" way, but I hear it's prohibitively difficult to get rid of the stumps.

They need to hire a cleaner.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Doesn't Atlanta have a large homeless population?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
The Atlanta Bread Company is a chain restaurant. I'm in North Carolina. But yeah Atlanta does have a sizable homeless population.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

DrBouvenstein posted:

Susan was only 32 when she died? Bullshit, that woman was like 40.

According to IMDB she was born in 1966 and was on the show from 1992-97, so they're close enough.

The Soup Nazi episode re-aired the other night. That's always been one of my favorites with the subplots about Kramer being scared by the two gay guys who take Elaines armoire and Jerry and his girlfriend's constant debate about which one is "Schmoopie". Great stuff.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

safety dan posted:

Tell me about it! I found muffuin tops on sale at Price Chopper a few yars ago and only a couple of my friends knew why i was so excited...but you're right, they bake just the top, when what they really need to do is bake a whole muffin, and "pop" the top.

I mean...if you get some specialty really shallow muffin tins, you'd only be throwing out like 1/4" of crappy stump anyway.

I also always loved the exchange between Elaine and Mr....umm...Mr.Somethingorother from Pendant Publishing
Elaine: And can we get rid of the exclamation point...I mean, it's not "Top of the muffin...TO YOU!!"
Mr.Somethingorother: Yes...it is!

A bit or irony there, since he previously yelled at Elaine when she worked for him for putting in too many exclamation points on her boyfriend's book that she edited.

WescottF1 posted:

According to IMDB she was born in 1966 and was on the show from 1992-97, so they're close enough.

Wow...she looked a lot older. I'm not alone in thinking this, right? I mean...in her first episode, she was only 26?! She already looked 40 by then! Not in a bad way, she didn't look "old," just a lot more mature-looking than 26.

And I'll 2nd/3rd Julia Louis-Dryfus looking good. Maybe it's just me, but she looked much better in the later seasons with the straight hair. She still looks good now in her 50's. Cougar, ahoy!

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

DrBouvenstein posted:

Wow...she looked a lot older. I'm not alone in thinking this, right? I mean...in her first episode, she was only 26?! She already looked 40 by then! Not in a bad way, she didn't look "old," just a lot more mature-looking than 26.

And I'll 2nd/3rd Julia Louis-Dryfus looking good. Maybe it's just me, but she looked much better in the later seasons with the straight hair. She still looks good now in her 50's. Cougar, ahoy!

Yeah I'm with you there (in both cases). I'd show Old Christine some new adventures.. :quagmire:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Maybe it's just me, but she looked much better in the later seasons with the straight hair.

Well of course, nobody looks good in early 90s fashions.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
"I know what you're going through. I too once fell under the spell of opium. It was 1979. I was traveling the Yangtzee in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had got to the market after sundown. All of the clothing traders had gone, but a different sort of trader still lurked about. "Just a taste" he said. That was all it took."

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Tell me about it! I found muffuin tops on sale at Price Chopper a few yars ago and only a couple of my friends knew why i was so excited...but you're right, they bake just the top, when what they really need to do is bake a whole muffin, and "pop" the top.

I mean...if you get some specialty really shallow muffin tins, you'd only be throwing out like 1/4" of crappy stump anyway.
I don't think even the shallow tins can work effectively. If the volume of the 'top' comes from the batter rising as it bakes, how can an an equivalent muffin top arise from less than a full stump? Maybe screwing with the recipe to effect greater expansion, but then that's not authentic, either.

penis sandwich posted:

"David, I'm going to hell! The worst place in the world! With devils and those caves and the ragged clothing! And the heat! My god, the heat! I mean, what do you think about all that?"
I like how he goads her just before that. "C'mon, get it ... what do you care, you know where you're going."

WoG fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 26, 2010

GNUspeak
Jan 15, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Jerry! HELLO!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I forgot to include "The Bookstore" in my previous lists. Probably the #1 ep for Uncle Leo action.

UNCLE LEO: (Leo has "Jerry" written on the fingers his right hand, and "Hello" written on his left. He's doing pull-ups) Jerry...Hello...Jerry...Hello! JERRY. *Turns, yelling out* Answer that drat phone!!

(Scene cuts to Jerry, who is just now waking up to the phone's ringing. He answers it)

JERRY: Hello!?
ELAINE: Hey, it's me.
JERRY: Uncle Leo?!
ELAINE: Oh, that's nice.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

This thread has inspired me to watch the whole show from the beginning. I was pretty hazy on some of the earlier episodes, so it's weird to see the show being so grounded. I'm only a bit into season 2 but they still aren't completely terrible human beings, just kind of idiosyncratic. It will be interesting to see how they transition and where the tipping point is.

It's also funny to see some of these threads that have run throughout all of Larry David's stuff. For example, Jerry in The Ex-Girlfriend saying "I don't return fruit. Fruit's a gamble. I know that going in". It reminded me of Larry saying apricots are "a low-yield fruit" in one of the most recent Curb episodes almost 20 years later.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

safety dan posted:

I'm still waiting on my pudding skin singles :colbert:

Dan a man
Dec 27, 2004

If there's really so many people in the world, there had to be someone who wasn't ordinary, someone who was living an interesting life. But why wasn't I that ChuChu?

hall n oates mom posted:

Hah, I love it whenever Jerry asks who is on the phone. Like when Sophie (the tractor story woman) calls Jerry and he really doesn't know who it is.

Jerry: Hello?
Sophie: Hey. It's me.
Jerry: Elaine?
Sophie: No, it's me.
Jerry: George?
Sophie: Jerry, it's Sophie. I can't believe you don't recognize my voice.
Jerry: Oh, I knew it was you, I was joking. I'm a comedian.

Or when George calls Jerry and frantically asks him for a favor, and Jerry just responds smugly: "Who is this?"

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
George is getting upset!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undersold
Oct 12, 2002

Join me for a glass of champagna

hall n oates mom posted:

I forgot to include "The Bookstore" in my previous lists. Probably the #1 ep for Uncle Leo action.

UNCLE LEO: (Leo has "Jerry" written on the fingers his right hand, and "Hello" written on his left. He's doing pull-ups) Jerry...Hello...Jerry...Hello! JERRY. *Turns, yelling out* Answer that drat phone!!

(Scene cuts to Jerry, who is just now waking up to the phone's ringing. He answers it)

JERRY: Hello!?
ELAINE: Hey, it's me.
ELAINE: Oh, that's nice.

Speaking of books, I love The Library. It's one of the great early episodes. How can you not love Bookman the library cop. Genius.