Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.
This is my new favourite thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

explosivo posted:

So, I honestly had no idea that
()
was Michael Chiklis.

Favorite actor cameos is a good topic for conversation. I think my favorite is Daniel Dae Kim as a medical student in the episode where Kramer & Mickey "act out" diseases.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
I loved James Spader as the recovering alcoholic who refuses to apologize to George. But I also love James Spader :allears:

Das Ende
Nov 21, 2005
YOU MAY HAVE TROUBLE REACHING DAS ENDE OF MY POSTS
:words:
It's cool to see the degree to which the last couple seasons have been rehabilitated. When they got a bit crazy at the end, I loved it, but a lot of people seemed to think the show was starting to slip. But the moments we got from seasons eight and nine are absolutely up there with everything else. I love "The Slicer" the best, myself. Really, anything with Kruger was great....

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
K-UGER K-UGER

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

HateTheInternet posted:

George is getting upset!

George likes his chicken spicy.

And related to George and food:

Whoa-ho! You are HOT tonight!

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

It was more like a full body heave set to music

Chicken Boo
Mar 20, 2009

I wear a disguise to look like human guys.

Roflcopter posted:

It was more like a full body heave set to music

Ugh, did she do the little kicks, and the thumbs?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

K-UGER K-UGER

I'm not too worried about it.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I am rewatching the Wire and Frank Sobotka kinda reminds me of George:

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

All right, the Grace building. There's a big stain on the front. How do we get it off?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Chicken Boo posted:

Ugh, did she do the little kicks, and the thumbs?

I loved Jerry's explanation of why it showed up at the end of his "Cry, Cry Again" bootleg. "So you cry, and when you see the dancer, you cry again."

When it comes to celebrity appearances, I always liked a then-relatively unknown Brian Posehn's 2-line appearance as another member of the disease actor troop from Kramer and Mickey's gonorrhea storyline.

"The surgeon left a sponge in me." :smith:

Reading the script for that episode, I forgot just how many great lines there are. It may be one of my favorite episodes.

George: I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

JethroMcB posted:

I loved Jerry's explanation of why it showed up at the end of his "Cry, Cry Again" bootleg. "So you cry, and when you see the dancer, you cry again."

When it comes to celebrity appearances, I always liked a then-relatively unknown Brian Posehn's 2-line appearance as another member of the disease actor troop from Kramer and Mickey's gonorrhea storyline.

"The surgeon left a sponge in me." :smith:

Reading the script for that episode, I forgot just how many great lines there are. It may be one of my favorite episodes.

George: I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip.

Not like those rock musicians with their complicated shoes!

Parachute
May 18, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

"...and their complicated shoes!"

Brian Posehn might have the greatest one-liner in the series of the show.

"What'd you get?"
"Surgeon left a sponge inside me".

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Dan a man posted:

Hah, I love it whenever Jerry asks who is on the phone. Like when Sophie (the tractor story woman) calls Jerry and he really doesn't know who it is.

Jerry: Hello?
Sophie: Hey. It's me.
Jerry: Elaine?
Sophie: No, it's me.
Jerry: George?
Sophie: Jerry, it's Sophie. I can't believe you don't recognize my voice.
Jerry: Oh, I knew it was you, I was joking. I'm a comedian.

Or when George calls Jerry and frantically asks him for a favor, and Jerry just responds smugly: "Who is this?"

I really love the reverse of this where Jerry is trying to do the "it's me" back to her and she mistakes him for someone else. He starts talking in this hilarious voice to try to impersonate someone he's never hear speak. I die laughing every time I hear him talking like that.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Dr_Amazing posted:

I really love the reverse of this where Jerry is trying to do the "it's me" back to her and she mistakes him for someone else. He starts talking in this hilarious voice to try to impersonate someone he's never hear speak. I die laughing every time I hear him talking like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26o3PWLA-o

That video lead me to probably my all time favorite Seinfeld scene: Kramer recounting how he saved the pinkie toe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeooRXYmOu8&feature=related

ChickenMedium fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 26, 2010

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr_Amazing posted:

YES! His phone voice in that episode is phenomenal, as is the exchange with George afterwards.

"Woah, woah, back it up, back it up, beep beep beep. What 'Tractor Story?'"
"'Back it up, back it up, beep beep beep,' what are you doing?"

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

"Yeah I better get to a doctor bye" Love it

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo3b2WofpUw

lovely quality, but god drat that voice is so funny.

e: fb

Woah, back it up, BEEP BEEP BEEP

e2: ^beat on that too, my god I suck

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I sound funny?

ABORT! ABORT!

Also, one of the things I've picked up from Seinfeld is the ATM race Jerry does in the Marine Biologist episode. Whenever someone is using the ATM beside me I try to go as fast as possible then say "I win!" and leave.

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.

Undersold posted:

Speaking of books, I love The Library. It's one of the great early episodes. How can you not love Bookman the library cop. Genius.

Bookman also played Larry David's doctor in Curb. They have actually had a few actors from Seinfeld on Curb.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

"The Burning" is hands down my favorite episode. There's just so many good things going on in that episode - George leaving on a high note, Jerry and the tractor story, Kramer and Mickey acting out diseases, and Elaine going to hell.

It's one of those things that I could see every day and it'd still make me laugh.

Actually, I just looked up the episode on Wikipedia to see who played Jerry's girlfriend, and saw this in the wiki:

quote:

TBS has recently omitted the line "And the heat my god the heat!" when airing this episode in syndication.

Is that right? Has anyone else notice this on TBS?

LordOfThePants fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 27, 2010

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

LordOfThePants posted:

Today the two episodes they played were the clip shows from season 9, and that line was in there. But that doesn't mean it's not cut for time purposes when that actual episode is played.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
It's bullshit that the Puerto Rican parade episode will never be aired in syndication

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
"It's a tiny mint...it's a Junior Mint!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Slvbarek posted:

"It's a tiny mint...it's a Junior Mint!"

It's chocolate, it's peppermint...it's delicious! It's very refreshing!

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

LordOfThePants posted:

I saw that episode on TBS the other day, and I believe the line was in there.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY03ymgskNI&feature=related
How has no one posted this?

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
When George pushes the kids out of the way to escape from the fire is one of my favourite moments in the series.

youd for i
Mar 24, 2006

Please enter your password, then press pound
George: There was a guy that worked at the Yankees-- no arms! He got more work done than I did, made more money, had a wife, a family, drove a better car than I did.

Jerry: He drove a car with no arms?

George: Alright I made up the part about the car, but the rest is true. He hated me anyway!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tiny Fistpump posted:

It's bullshit that the Puerto Rican parade episode will never be aired in syndication

It's one of the very best episodes. It seems different from other episodes. More 'Epic,' I guess, I'd call it. I guess the staff of season nine must've wanted a big send-off before Larry showed back up for the finale.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
The montage of Kramer having an office job cracks me up every time I see it.

"What do you have in the briefcas-"
"Crackers"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Tiny Fistpump posted:

It has been. As far as I know there was a moratorium that was on it for a while but eventually it chilled out. I've seen it on TV like 5 times.

They may have all been Canadian channels, though. :roflolmao:

egon_beeblebrox posted:

It's one of the very best episodes. It seems different from other episodes. More 'Epic,' I guess, I'd call it. I guess the staff of season nine must've wanted a big send-off before Larry showed back up for the finale.
I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the top 50, but the alter-ego apartment showdown is quite fantastic.

Nothing bad ever happened to cedric & bob, the faggy thugs. :ssj:

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I just watched The Rye and realized that Jerry robbing that old woman for her marble rye is one of the funniest moments in the entire series. He just literally robs her, and screams "shut up you old bag!". Then as he's running away you can see him kind of smirking, which was probably just jerry the actor not being able to keep a straight face, but it also completely makes sense that his character would be too as if to say "holy poo poo I actually just did that??".

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I recently watched "The Race" again and the scene in the cafe where George pretends not to have seen Jerry for 20 years is fantastic. All he's supposed to do is to lie about Jerry not cheating in the race but instead just starts lying his rear end off about how he's a millionare and an architect. Him belitteling Jerry's comedy act is also priceless, as is Jerry's comeback:

"Boy, you really went bald there."

Watching Jason Alexander lying or coming up with excuses as George is phenomenal.

"Art Core... velay."

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I can't believe no one has mentioned this one yet. Probably my favorite ending to any episode.

Once, twice, threeeee tiiiiiimes a lady. OH THE HUMANITY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwinnODU0yo

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

I recently watched "The Race" again and the scene in the cafe where George pretends not to have seen Jerry for 20 years is fantastic. All he's supposed to do is to lie about Jerry not cheating in the race but instead just starts lying his rear end off about how he's a millionare and an architect. Him belitteling Jerry's comedy act is also priceless, as is Jerry's comeback:

"Boy, you really went bald there."

Watching Jason Alexander lying or coming up with excuses as George is phenomenal.

"Art Core... velay."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YoliGLJT2Y

"I guess I started losing it when I was 28, after I made my first million." :smug:

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
*George and Jerry watching TV on the couch*

*anonymous scream*

Jerry to George: "..It's gotta have something to do with Kramer".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I enjoy the thread title, but I can't help but request "Seinfeld: What's the deal with Megathreads?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

One of my favorite scenes is when Puddy is just sitting in Elaine's apartment staring off into the middle distance, and the phone rings and it's Kramer.

"Puddy."
"Yeah, is David Puddy there?"
"This is Puddy."
"Well, this is Kramer."
"I know."