Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tiny Fistpump posted:

It's bullshit that the Puerto Rican parade episode will never be aired in syndication

That's been lifted as far as I know.

I've definitely seen it on TBS at least twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

My favorite Seinfeld moment is from The Yada Yada where Jerry goes to the priest because he thinks his dentist converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

Father: That's a kneeler.

Jerry: Oh.

Father: Tell me your sins, my son.

Jerry: Well I should tell you that I'm Jewish.

Father: That's no sin.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

College Rockout posted:

My favorite Seinfeld moment is from The Yada Yada where Jerry goes to the priest because he thinks his dentist converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

Father: That's a kneeler.

Jerry: Oh.

Father: Tell me your sins, my son.

Jerry: Well I should tell you that I'm Jewish.

Father: That's no sin.

That whole scene is awesome but I love the ending when George busts into the confession booth. That whole episode he's showing up in places he shouldn't.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1HW1Iwp34M

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.

penis sandwich posted:

One of my favorite scenes is when Puddy is just sitting in Elaine's apartment staring off into the middle distance, and the phone rings and it's Kramer.

"Puddy."
"Yeah, is David Puddy there?"
"This is Puddy."
"Well, this is Kramer."
"I know."

"This is Frank Co-stanza. You think you could keep us out of Florida? We're moving in lock, stock and barrel. We're gonna be in the pool. We're gonna be in the clubhouse. We're gonna be all over that shuffleboard court! And I dare you to keep me out!" Then he just hangs up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHEt1dROZY

moofin
Dec 25, 2006

goestotheinternet

Pete Campbell posted:

Stop trying to coin "streets ahead."

lmao! nice to see some community love

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

God, I loving love this thread. Thanks for all the clips and quotes and memories, guys :unsmith:

Also, here's my contribution. The "song" contained herein regularly gets stuck in my head at the most random times for absolutely no reason at least once a month and I don't mind because it is *awesome*:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caoYdiq3kak

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Okay, not trying to derail this great thread, but who else thinks Kramer was a toker. I'm not a :420: advocate, per se, but I've smoked my share and his discombobulation and random asides point to weeeeeeed.

Again, not saying he was, but it just seemed like so much of his behavior seemed indicative of cannabis use.

Feel free to smack me down if you know from cannon that he wasn't.

I've brought it up with friends both smokers and not, and their response is usually "meh, maybe, maybe not" but some of the things he does seem like things only your best stoner buddy would attempt (and predictably, fail at).

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Tiny Fistpump posted:

It's bullshit that the Puerto Rican parade episode will never be aired in syndication

What's the deal with this one? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dr_Amazing posted:

What's the deal with this one? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Wait what, what was so offensive? It's been syndicated from its original ep. until, fairly recently.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Kramer sets fire to and subsequently stomps on a puerto rican flag

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
My favorite ending to a Seinfeld episode is George being dragged out of the theater. To the audience, it makes perfect sense why he's flipping out, but to everyone else, it sounds like he's the most insane person on the loving planet.

"You don't understand! They're in on it! Laughing at me! LYING AND LAUGHING AND LYING! They're killing independent George! Worlds are colliding!"

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Okay, not trying to derail this great thread, but who else thinks Kramer was a toker. I'm not a :420: advocate, per se, but I've smoked my share and his discombobulation and random asides point to weeeeeeed.

Again, not saying he was, but it just seemed like so much of his behavior seemed indicative of cannabis use.

Feel free to smack me down if you know from cannon that he wasn't.

I've brought it up with friends both smokers and not, and their response is usually "meh, maybe, maybe not" but some of the things he does seem like things only your best stoner buddy would attempt (and predictably, fail at).

I feel that having drug use a folly for his behavior kind of takes away the magic of the character. Kramer is so strange simply because hes Kramer. Although I do recall an episode where he said that an air conditioner fell on his head in 1979, which may explain his disjointed thinking.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

Riptor posted:

Kramer sets fire to and subsequently stomps on a puerto rican flag
This guy doesn't make it sound very funny, but trust me, it was.

Also, Kramer was not knowledgeable about drugs in general, as exposed in "The Sniffing Accountant", and was clearly bothered by the idea of the accountant using drugs at all, even giving Jerry advice about the lifestyle of drug users (they live in the bathroom!) but I guess he could have smoked pot. It would explain kind of a lot. I personally think he didn't though.

\/\/\/ Yeah, that's what Kramer thinks drug users are really like. He doesn't do drugs, he's just Kramer. But that's an outtake. Kramer doesn't burp in the real version.

MINT WIZARD fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 27, 2010

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWZF1O3DGFY

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

Everybody in my house growing up hated/hates Seinfeld. It wasn't till about 3 or 4 years ago when I was home sick from school and caught The Fusilli Jerry episode and fell in love.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

safety dan posted:

This guy doesn't make it sound very funny, but trust me, it was.

Also, Kramer was not knowledgeable about drugs in general, as exposed in "The Sniffing Accountant", and was clearly bothered by the idea of the accountant using drugs at all, even giving Jerry advice about the lifestyle of drug users (they live in the bathroom!) but I guess he could have smoked pot. It would explain kind of a lot. I personally think he didn't though.

\/\/\/ Yeah, that's what Kramer thinks drug users are really like. He doesn't do drugs, he's just Kramer. But that's an outtake. Kramer doesn't burp in the real version.

Here's to feeling good all the time. :cheers:

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

E the Shaggy posted:

My favorite ending to a Seinfeld episode is George being dragged out of the theater. To the audience, it makes perfect sense why he's flipping out, but to everyone else, it sounds like he's the most insane person on the loving planet.

"You don't understand! They're in on it! Laughing at me! LYING AND LAUGHING AND LYING! They're killing independent George! Worlds are colliding!"

Speaking of George and movie theaters:

Man #1: "Hey baby, how about a little tongue action, huh?"
Man #2: "Yeah, stick your tongue down his throat!"
(They laugh and kick George's and Victoria's seats)
Victoria: "What are we gonna do? Should we just move?"
George: "That won't be necessary." (gets up and turns towards the two men)
George: "Shut your traps and stop kicking the seats! We're trying to watch the movie! And if I have to tell you again, we're gonna take it outside and I'm gonna show you what it's like! You understand me? Now, shut your mouths or I'll shut 'em for ya, and if you think I'm kidding, just try me. Try me. Because I would LOVE it!"

edit: oh what the hell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzxfivZF9Yk

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

quote:

As Alexander explains in an interview for the Seinfeld DVD, during an early conversation with David, Alexander questioned a script, saying, "This could never happen to anyone, and even if it did, no human being would react like this." David replied, "What do you mean? This happened to me once, and this is exactly how I reacted!".
Do they ever specify what situation Alexander and David are talking about? Personally, I like to think it's the bit where George finds the eclair in the trash can and eats it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Here's to feeling good all the time. :cheers:

That Hannigan goes down smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXy8B9V5jLI

This is a pretty good argument against my previous statement. He's a lightweight.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Hipster_Doofus posted:

beersmoke

this is harder than it looks

Kramer's physical comedy is always so funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7idHsDQ5XP0

Your Proud Pal fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 27, 2010

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

penis sandwich posted:

George: "Shut your traps and stop kicking the seats! We're trying to watch the movie! And if I have to tell you again, we're gonna take it outside and I'm gonna show you what it's like!"

According to the "Inside Looks" on the Seinfeld DVD's, that's one of three Buddy Rich lines in the show, lifted from bootleg tapes of Rich's rants that Seinfeld and David are fans of. The other two are "This guy... this is not my kind of guy." from "The Understudy" and "Then we'll see how he does, up there, without all the assistance." from "The Butter Shave" I think.

Dan a man
Dec 27, 2004

If there's really so many people in the world, there had to be someone who wasn't ordinary, someone who was living an interesting life. But why wasn't I that ChuChu?
This thread has an unfortunate lack of Bania clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qm0KUPeD8
Jerry's expressions as Bania reads the joke. :lol:

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

Stare-Out posted:

According to the "Inside Looks" on the Seinfeld DVD's, that's one of three Buddy Rich lines in the show, lifted from bootleg tapes of Rich's rants that Seinfeld and David are fans of. The other two are "This guy... this is not my kind of guy." from "The Understudy" and "Then we'll see how he does, up there, without all the assistance." from "The Butter Shave" I think.

Oh god, the Buddy Rich tapes. Anyone that hasn't, look them up. Comedy gold Jerry!

Great drummer, but what a lunatic.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Stare-Out posted:

I'm honestly disappointed to hear "This guy... this is not my kind of guy." is a Buddy Rich quote. I mean I love Buddy Rich, but I always thought it was some awesome moment of Jerry Stiller weirdly screwing up the line in a way that was unexpectedly more funny, and they decided to use it. Oh well....

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

penis sandwich posted:

One of my favorite scenes is when Puddy is just sitting in Elaine's apartment staring off into the middle distance, and the phone rings and it's Kramer.

"Puddy."
"Yeah, is David Puddy there?"
"This is Puddy."
"Well, this is Kramer."
"I know."

Possibly Patrick Warburton's finest lines, that and "They hit me with a truck." as Brock Samson.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Relayer posted:

I'm honestly disappointed to hear "This guy... this is not my kind of guy." is a Buddy Rich quote. I mean I love Buddy Rich, but I always thought it was some awesome moment of Jerry Stiller weirdly screwing up the line in a way that was unexpectedly more funny, and they decided to use it. Oh well....

You've got the A... the B... the C... and the D. D's the biggest.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
George rules.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
George's dark green jacket with the flat collar is in his wardrobe pretty much the entire series. It's pretty neat.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hall n oates mom posted:

George's dark green jacket with the flat collar is in his wardrobe pretty much the entire series. It's pretty neat.

I had that jacket back in the early nineties. Loved the hell out of it. Pretty sure it was an Eddie Bauer.

I also wore a lot of flannel, but that was more of a grunge thing.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Dan a man posted:

This thread has an unfortunate lack of Bania clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qm0KUPeD8
Jerry's expressions as Bania reads the joke. :lol:

Don't have a clip, but my favorite Bania exchange:

Bania: You work out with weights?
Jerry: No, I don't.
Bania: You should
Jerry: Why?

Then Bania gives this sort of "what am i doing with my life?" look for one brief second and then returns to his cheery self and continues with the conversation.

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

I had that jacket back in the early nineties. Loved the hell out of it. Pretty sure it was an Eddie Bauer.

Ooh, cashmere?

Basilson
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah, right, buddy, liquor store robbery, officer down. Sure. And I'm Edward G. Robinson.
Two of my all time favourite moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LafoDMH6Tw
(about 1 minute in)

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRJkdjmBcM

I so can't believe neither of these has been mentioned yet.

I also want to add Elaine's dad singing "Master of the House" while driving back to Baltimore in the episode where George and Jerry have dinner with him, but I can't find a video clip of it.

boof
Jun 3, 2001

Basilson posted:

Two of my all time favourite moments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRJkdjmBcM

I love that you can hear Larry David's laughter throughout that scene.

When Seinfeld was actually on air during its first run, I had no idea who Larry David was and only really discovered him once Curb became a series. It was only after that point that I discovered just how much his voice cameos on Seinfeld.. phone calls, people yelling off-screen, and of course George Steinbrenner. And then, of course there's this. :)

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
My bad on the Puerto Rican Day episode, I figured that embargo was forever, good to see it's airing again.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

I also wore a lot of flannel, but that was more of a grunge thing.

I'm not entirely sure, but in "The Secret Code" George meets Peterman and after Peterman introduces himself as J. Peterman, George touches his jacket and replies "J. Crew". I just don't remember for sure what jacket that was.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

safety dan posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but in "The Secret Code" George meets Peterman and after Peterman introduces himself as J. Peterman, George touches his jacket and replies "J. Crew". I just don't remember for sure what jacket that was.

I found this funny because before I saw that episode, I assumed J.Peterman was the Seinfeld Universe's fake version of J.Crew...then I found out the J.Peterman catalog (complete with outlandish descriptions as if they were part of some grand adventure of J.Peterman himself) was real! :aaaaa:

(but that actual person J.Peterman is fake...that part they did make up.)

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
This is probably my favorite George scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQM1YKyuIUk

Really wish they'd show Curb here, from the little I've seen I know I'd love it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Furnace posted:

George rules.

BIG COAT BIG COAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Is that Gore-Tex?