Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is that Gore-Tex?

You like saying gore-tex don't you?

Oh hey new page, here's one of my personal favourite george moments. (as well as george episodes in general)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.

boof posted:

I love that you can hear Larry David's laughter throughout that scene.

When Seinfeld was actually on air during its first run, I had no idea who Larry David was and only really discovered him once Curb became a series. It was only after that point that I discovered just how much his voice cameos on Seinfeld.. phone calls, people yelling off-screen, and of course George Steinbrenner. And then, of course there's this. :)

Here is a bunch more Larry David in Seinfeld cameos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x_zywldo4M&feature=related

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Somebody want to fill me in on this whole Curb reunion thing? I'm seeing plenty of clips on Youtube. Is it just one episode (7x10)?

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
it was the entire season, and man oh man, if you haven't seen it yet, you're in for a treat.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Fffffff, is it gonna make any sense to me if I just watch Season 7 or have I just been suckered into watching 7 seasons of yet another show?

Jul 3, 2004

careful!
We own the complete DVD set and have gone through it twice now. I've also seen all the episodes several times on reruns. Never get tired of it.

One of my favorite Costanza moments: "Was that wrong?"

A great moment is also George seeing Jerry's new suede jacket for the first time. He starts off all cool saying he won't even ask how much it was. Over a 1 minute time span he goes from cool to completely flipping out over the cost of the jacket without Jerry saying a word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXdNgO94rKQ

80k fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 27, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
you just need to know a few things about Larry's life:

pre-season 7 Curb spoilers ahead.

He got divorced from his wife, started dating a black woman from a Katrina family he took into his house, THAT woman got cancer. then Season 7.

That's about it, I think. You can gather from watching that other characters that make appearances are friends or associates or people who Larry knows.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Furnace posted:

you just need to know a few things about Larry's life:

pre-season 7 Curb spoilers ahead.

He got divorced from his wife, started dating a black woman from a Katrina family he took into his house, THAT woman got cancer. then Season 7.

That's about it, I think. You can gather from watching that other characters that make appearances are friends or associates or people who Larry knows.

The show is also greatly improved by the knowledge that it's not scripted line by line at all. There's a guide to the things that need to happen in a scene and that's pretty much it. Most all of the hilarious lines are improvised.

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns
I have a question, how are the commentaries on the DVD's? Are they worth listening, or are they just annoying and get in the way? Some commentaries (such as the ones on Stella) are great because it's the actors passionately talking about behind the scenes stuff, other times they are boring (such as The Wire), where it's just a production assistant blabbing in a monotone voice about crap that has nothing to do with the episode.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

Fffffff, is it gonna make any sense to me if I just watch Season 7 or have I just been suckered into watching 7 seasons of yet another show?

Suckered nothing. Curb Your Enthusiasm is basically the Seinfeld sequel. And the fact that it contains a literal sequel within that should just seal the deal for watching the whole show.

But if you do insist on watching just Season 7, the only thing that hasn't been mentioned so far that you should know is that Larry David is a huge rear end in a top hat. I don't think you can step into 7x01 without knowing that.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 27, 2010

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Notsosubtle posted:

FRANK: Welcome, new comers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it! You, Kruger. My son tells me your company stinks!

GEORGE: Oh, God.

I do believe this is the most miserable, hopeless delivery of "oh, god" ever put to television.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

DrBouvenstein posted:

(but that actual person J.Peterman is fake...that part they did make up.)
No, he's real. Unfortunately his name isn't Jacopo, it's John.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Let me tell you something, funny boy... You know that little stamp? The one that says New York Public Library? Well, that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole helluva lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before -- flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking... Why's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me.... Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world. What about that kid, sitting down, opening a book right now in a branch of the local library and finding pictures of pee-pees and wee-wees in The Cat in the Hat and The Five Chinese Brothers. Doesn't he deserve better? Look, if you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped. Or maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld... Maybe that's how you get your kicks... You and your goodtime buddies... I've got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2gZu3ygEQ

edit: Shining Star by Earth Wind & Fire just came on the radio and I'm fighting the urge not to do "The Elaine Dance".

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 27, 2010

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I don't know if its been mentioned yet, but I think my favorite episode is the backwards/wedding in india episode. It was really kinda gimmicky, but some of the jokes in that ep are hilarious.

George refusing to take off his timberlands and then later coloring them black for the wedding.

Jogdish!

"You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!"
"I don't know what that means."
"It's an expression!"

and 100% anti-drop dead protection forever

Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008

J. Peterman Wikipedia posted:

Later, when the Paul Harris Company went out of business, Peterman was able to purchase the rights to his own name as a brand, with funding help from John O'Hurley, the actor who portrayed J. Peterman on Seinfeld.

:aaaaa:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"What are your horses names?"
"Snoopy and Prickly Pete!"

"Don't you find it odd that your package was damaged in shipping when many packages rarely are?"
"Define rarely."
".....frequently."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Wyld Cannon posted:

George refusing to take off his timberlands and then later coloring them black for the wedding.

If by later...you mean earlier.

I also loved how they eventually flashed back to Jerry meeting Kramer, and Jerry starting the whole "Kramer comes in and eats all his food thing" by inviting him over to share a pizza.

E the Shaggy posted:

"What are your horses names?"
"Snoopy and Prickly Pete!"

Which reminds me of one of my favorite names for a one-off character...Slippery Pete.

"Oh, we're not friends!"

And I've never seen anyone drink milk and look so sinister doing it.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

E the Shaggy posted:

"Don't you find it odd that your package was damaged in shipping when many packages rarely are?"
"Define rarely."
".....frequently."

"Pretty hot under these lights, eh Seinfeld? Pretty... HOT??!"
"...Actually I'm quite comfortable"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

If by later...you mean earlier.

I also loved how they eventually flashed back to Jerry meeting Kramer, and Jerry starting the whole "Kramer comes in and eats all his food thing" by inviting him over to share a pizza.

Which reminds me of one of my favorite names for a one-off character...Slippery Pete.

"Oh, we're not friends!"

And I've never seen anyone drink milk and look so sinister doing it.

"Hahaha he looks like a frog."
"So do you."

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"Mr. Varnsen, if you like the apartment, I should tell you I've also had some interest from a wealthy industrialist."
"Not Pennypacker!!"
"You know him?"
"I wish I didn't. Brace yourself, madam, for an all-out bidding war. But this time, advantage Varnsen!"

Tolwyn
Jun 13, 2001

Tolwyn fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 24, 2020

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Tolwyn posted:

I think this is a show that myself and about a dozen of my friends grew up watching, and watch 10 seconds of an episode and instantly recognize which episode it is, and spew out numerous quotes from that episode. It was pretty much THE show to watch, it was on all the time, and it never got old seeing repeat episodes. I admit I am one of the people who bought the coffee table book series collection as soon as it came out, and don't regret it one bit. And yes, it does sit on my table and I regularly flip through it.

everything about Seinfeld is still in my vocabulary and always will be

close talker
high talker
low talker
sidler
re-gifter

etc

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
He took *blows on glasses twice* it. out.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I still get a chuckle out of the rear end MASTER license plate debacle.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

penis sandwich posted:

He took *blows on glasses twice* it. out.

I love how Jerry questions it but when she tells Kramer he just does his Kramer WHOOAHHH thing instantly

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Diar posted:

Here is a bunch more Larry David in Seinfeld cameos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x_zywldo4M&feature=related

I thought I was pretty good about spotting him, but wow there's more than I thought. LIKE FLAMING GLOBES

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

kefkafloyd posted:

ASSMAN

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

^^ Nuts.

kefkafloyd posted:

ASSMAN. :eng101:

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Robnoxious posted:

Let me tell you something, funny boy... You know that little stamp? The one that says New York Public Library? Well, that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole helluva lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before -- flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking... Why's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me.... Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world. What about that kid, sitting down, opening a book right now in a branch of the local library and finding pictures of pee-pees and wee-wees in The Cat in the Hat and The Five Chinese Brothers. Doesn't he deserve better? Look, if you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped. Or maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld... Maybe that's how you get your kicks... You and your goodtime buddies... I've got a flash for you, joy boy. Partytime is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2gZu3ygEQ

edit: Shining Star by Earth Wind & Fire just came on the radio and I'm fighting the urge not to do "The Elaine Dance".

The delivery on those lines like "I've got a flash for you, joy boy" and "Let me give you a hint, junior" are almost too good. The best part is that Jerry can hardly hold himself together.

Also the dramatic sequence with Georges father regarding his time as a cook in the Vietnam war. The dramatic music, the close up on his face. "In my mind, there's a war still going on..."

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Stare-Out posted:

^^ Nuts.

ASSMAN. :eng101:

Aw, damnit. I haven't seen that episode in a long, long time, so I hope I can be forgiven. :shobon:

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
I love the Rabbi.

"You know, E-laine..."

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

"The pig says 'my wife is a slut'?"
See also, "Yeah I got a complaint: this cartoon stinks."

\/\/\/ Tim Whatley is in a bunch of episodes, notably "The Strike", the Festivus episode. Also "Sienfeld"?

MINT WIZARD fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 27, 2010

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
It blew my mind a couple of weeks ago watching the Anti-Dentite episode and realizing Tim Whatley is played by Bryan Cranston. I hope Sienfeld reruns never go off the air.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
One of my many many favorite moments has to be when George and Kramer get double parked by Saddam Hussein.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

One of my favorite moments is from The Bris:

"Darling, you see where that glass is? How that glass is near the edge of the table. You got the whole table there to put the glass, why you chose the absolute edge, so half the glass is hanging off the table, you breath and that glass falls over, then you're gonna have broken glass on the carpet, embedded in the carpet fibers, deep, deep in the shag, broken glass, bits of broken glass that you never get out. you can't get it out with a vacuum cleaner. Even on your hands and knees with a magnifying glass, you can't get all the pieces, and then you think you got it all and two years later, you're walkin' barefoot and you step on a piece of broken glass and you kill yourself, is that what you want? I don't think you want that, is it? .. Do you?"

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Konec Hry posted:

Also the dramatic sequence with Georges father regarding his time as a cook in the Vietnam war. The dramatic music, the close up on his face. "In my mind, there's a war still going on..."

Haha that entire episode is just so good..

"It's a hot night.. the mind races.. You think about your knife.. The only friend, that hasn't betrayed you. The only friend, that won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts."

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Boutros Boutros Ghali!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

Nice rack.

Oh god I'm watching this one now:
So what are you?
I'm white.
So we're just a couple of white people?
I guess.
Oh...
Yeah...
So do you want to go to the Gap?
Sure!

MINT WIZARD fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 27, 2010

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

safety dan posted:

"The pig says 'my wife is a slut'?"

That joke gets as big of a laugh from me now as it did when I was in the seventh grade. Something about the delivery and just how to-the-point it is gets me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I loved all the fake movies they came up with.

"Sack Lunch" Look at them! How's they get in that sack? Is it a big sack, or did they get shrunk?

"PROGNOSES NEGATIVE!!"

"Cry, Cry Again." You cry, and then you see her dance...and you cry again.

"Rochelle, Rochelle" A young girls' erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.