Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Will we need napkins in the year 2000, or is this 'mouth vacuum' thing for real?

kramanium snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Dr_Amazing posted:

edit:
I think my favorite is the whole bit about medicine ads.
"Finally we're getting some more Retsin"

"Find out what will kill me and then back it off a little bit."

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Thenipwax posted:

Just like Larry David! I always find myself relating to LD and seeing the validity in his points of view. There's no question his "character" on Curb is an awful person though.

I've had an IRL argument by stating that I think Larry was right in saying that it's dumb to have dinner in one restaurant before driving to a diferent one and having dessert there.

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart

Philip J Fry posted:

The one that really got me wasn't in an episode I don't think, but from Seinfeld's comedy CD. He mentions how you're in the shower sometimes and you notice a hair stuck to the wall and proceed to gather little pools of water with your hands to throw at it so you don't have to touch it. I thought I was the only one! :monocle:
haha, I thought I was the only one too. Amazing.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
"That Oscar Myers is creepy too. This guy is inventing meats."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cheeseball IV posted:

"Find out what will kill me and then back it off a little bit."

Also, I've now noticed that there are a few meds out there that actually ARE just 'regular strength".

I think of the chopsticks bit every time I'm at Boston Pizza, having the Teriyaki rice bowl.

"You know they've seen the fork! Do you think the farmers are out there using a couple of pool cues?"

And also...

"McDonalds: We're doing very well."

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
He was spot on about the Hospital waiting room, too. I always feel like such an rear end in a top hat in there.

"I wonder what he's got? Oh, that guy's a goner."

And one more,

"I'm Superman, look at the pant-legs, what the hell's the difference?!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cheeseball IV posted:

He was spot on about the Hospital waiting room, too. I always feel like such an rear end in a top hat in there.

Or why the doctor seems to leave you for so long...

(frantically flipping through medical textbook) "Jesus Christ, that was pretty gross... what the hell was that?!"

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Or why the doctor seems to leave you for so long...

(frantically flipping through medical textbook) "Jesus Christ, that was pretty gross... what the hell was that?!"

"That wasn't the tube or the circle!"

One thing that always bugged me: When he's talking about the superman suit, he says "but it's not the super fit... that you are hopin' fo.'" He says it in this weird stilted way that I'm sure he must be doing something visually, but I've never had any idea what he was going for there.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

"That wasn't the tube or the circle!"

One thing that always bugged me: When he's talking about the superman suit, he says "but it's not the super fit... that you are hopin' fo.'" He says it in this weird stilted way that I'm sure he must be doing something visually, but I've never had any idea what he was going for there.

I'm going to assume he was probably pulling on his jacket, in an attempt to look like it didn't fit. I've seen it live (well, on tv) but it's not the same recording.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
The frogger episode was on today, with Jerry's ten hour break-up.

Well I'm sorry! I'm not Brad. I'm ME!
Nice to meet you!

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 4, 2010

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I just finished the first season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm." So far I'm liking it. It strikes a good balance between "he's technically right but why would you do that" and "I agree 100%."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Chexoid posted:

The frogger episode was on today, with Jerry's ten hour break-up.

Well I'm sorry! I'm not Brad. I'm ME!
Nice to meet you!

The Lopper!

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I just finished the first season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm." So far I'm liking it. It strikes a good balance between "he's technically right but why would you do that" and "I agree 100%."

It keeps up that pace right up until the current season in my opinion. All of Curb is great.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
One interesting take on The Finale I always found interesting was that as the events play out, the foursome actually die when the plane goes down and the trial is representative of one of the ideas of the afterlife, where you go on trial and face all the people you've wronged in your life awaiting judgment. I'm not sure this is what Larry had in mind (and would have been retconned by last season's Curb) but it makes the lackluster of it for its time more appealing for sure.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Starving Wolf posted:

My other favorite intro is for the Merv Griffin Show, which I can't seem to find:

Kramer: We're like Cain and Abel.
Jerry: You know Cain slew Abel.
Kramer: No he didn't. They were in business together...drywall or something.
Jerry: The way I remember it, Abel worked all summer harvesting his crops, while Cain just played in the field. Then when winter came, Abel had all the nuts. Cain had no nuts. So he killed him.
Kramer: See, the way I remember it, Cain - he was a successful doctor, but when he took this special formula, he became Mr Abel.
Jerry: You broke my blender, didn't you?
Kramer: Yeah, I was trying to make gravel, and it just, didn't work out.

I don't remember this at all. Is this where they are walking down the street and come up to the dumpster? I've seen that a bunch of times but TBS always seems to start right when they come up to the dumpster.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Seinsmelled

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart
"Steinfeld"

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Everybody I knew always called it "Seinfield" even though I would always be a jerk and correct them.

Basilson
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah, right, buddy, liquor store robbery, officer down. Sure. And I'm Edward G. Robinson.

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I know it's an obvious thing to say, but Seinfeld thrives in basically taking all those little things that people do but don't talk about because they know it's socially not acceptable, and then having the person that does it fall under social scrutiny.

I would drape myself in velvet if it was socially acceptable.

Also, one of my favourite George moments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reJpj-rrsVQ&feature=related

I love how you can almost see him weighing up all the possible options in his mind before deciding that "Was that wrong?" was the best reply.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

myron_cope posted:

I don't remember this at all. Is this where they are walking down the street and come up to the dumpster? I've seen that a bunch of times but TBS always seems to start right when they come up to the dumpster.

As I understand it was cut in syndication. Which makes the exchange between Jerry and Kramer after the cue (right before they find the set) a bit out of place:

Jerry: Why were you making gravel?
Kramer: Well... I like the sound it makes when you walk on it.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Quite possibly the best Kramer line:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FVjcJug5s&feature=related

"Don't be ridiculous. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fill my freezer with my own blood."

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Karl Rove posted:

Quite possibly the best Kramer line:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FVjcJug5s&feature=related

"Don't be ridiculous. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fill my freezer with my own blood."

"You know for a fat guy you're not very jolly," followed by facial gymnastics that only Richards can do. Just one of scores of instances where you can see that Jerry is barely choking down a laugh.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

got dat wmd posted:

One interesting take on The Finale I always found interesting was that as the events play out, the foursome actually die when the plane goes down and the trial is representative of one of the ideas of the afterlife, where you go on trial and face all the people you've wronged in your life awaiting judgment. I'm not sure this is what Larry had in mind (and would have been retconned by last season's Curb) but it makes the lackluster of it for its time more appealing for sure.
I dated a Jewish girl in high school. She told me that no matter what you do, if you're Jewish, you only go to hell for a year. It made the finale make way more sense to me.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I just realized the character of Susan's mother is amazing, especially when she's drunk.

"Look Henry I spilled wine on me!"

And a bonus Frank quote from a scene with her:

"Let me understand. You've got the hen, chicken and the rooster. The rooster, goes with the chicken. So who's. havin. sex. with. the hen?"

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!

Relayer posted:

"Let me understand. You've got the hen, chicken and the rooster. The rooster, goes with the chicken. So who's. havin. sex. with. the hen?"

This is the exact punctutation needed to portray Frank Costanza.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Relayer posted:

I just realized the character of Susan's mother is amazing, especially when she's drunk.

"Look Henry I spilled wine on me!"

The part when she starts laughing about the cabin being burnt down kills me every time I see it.

She's like a somewhat less respectable, more drunk Barb Lahey to me.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Stuntman Mike posted:

This is the exact punctutation needed to portray Frank Costanza.

That's perverse!

coolhockey
May 3, 2005

let's party like it's 1994
isn't the actress who played Susan's mother now Bill's creepy as gently caress mother on Big Love?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

coolhockey posted:

isn't the actress who played Susan's mother now Bill's creepy as gently caress mother on Big Love?

She's a really weird looking person, for some reason I've always thought since seeing her in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJSMAWFXkY#t=1m45s that she looks like the alien from the Alien series. I'm not really sure why, it might just be because she looks a bit like Sigourney Weaver if Sigourney Weaver was actually an ill-fitting flesh suit stretched over a robot or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Watching episode 1, season 2 of Curb, and the conversation between Larry and Jason plus reading this thread is just... it's amazing.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I liked Susan. She was so nice :(

Also, I've seen no mention of the Pigman yet. I always love Kramer's expression when he first finds the Pigman.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see the doctor. If your gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Robnoxious posted:

You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see the doctor. If your gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on.

This is the most public yet of my many humiliations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Which episode is the one where George wants Jerry not to be funny in front of George's date? One of my favorite scenes is from that episode (badly butchered transcript as follows):

George: You can't not be funny!
Jerry: Am I being funny now? Is this funny?
Elaine: A little.
Jerry: George, is this funny?
George: It's funny!

e: just found it, and the above transcript was as badly butchered as expected. Hilarious scene though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmLdLwlgLI

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 5, 2010

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

She's a really weird looking person, for some reason I've always thought since seeing her in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJSMAWFXkY#t=1m45s that she looks like the alien from the Alien series. I'm not really sure why, it might just be because she looks a bit like Sigourney Weaver if Sigourney Weaver was actually an ill-fitting flesh suit stretched over a robot or something.

That YouTube clip totally bummed me out :(

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Lord of Laughton posted:

I liked Susan. She was so nice :(
I just saw a recent pic of her. I never would've said she was cute back in the day when she was on Seinfeld, but she looked pretty cute now. I guess I'm just old and my tastes have broadened.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

The Lopper!

I love the gag that the police won't tell the public that there is a prolific serial killer on the loose because they can't settle on a name.

"Headzo...The Denogginator...Son of Dad..."
"Son of Dad?"
"That's my suggestion - sort of a catch-all."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

e: just found it, and the above transcript was as badly butchered as expected. Hilarious scene though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmLdLwlgLI

And then she falls for him anyway because she thinks he's dark and brooding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

DrBouvenstein posted:

And then she falls for him anyway because she thinks he's dark and brooding.

Just the way he says hello when George's date get back kills me.