Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
Hahaha holy poo poo this is hilarious

http://apps.facebook.com/fivereact/

Check out the, uh, "Major Lazer" interview in the "All Videos" section. This dumb interviewer talks to Skerrit Bwoy and some random backup dancer, and has absolutely no idea that they aren't actually Major Lazer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=50xZQy7L9FI loool this one always makes me smile ear to ear. that is the perfect attitude.

Immediate flashback to fat nerdy lil 15 year old kandi raver me burning a mix CD of this song and other early 2000s era diva / disco / ministry of sound house hits and dancing to it at highschool while hanging up gay straight alliance and DDR club posters (also including the 'Queer Eye For The Straight Guy' theme song)

kundalini rinsing fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 7, 2010

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
Threatis and Turbo P, awesome sets.
I wasn't too fond of Major Lazer > Gorillaz, sounded off beat. But otherwise the set was great, not usually a fan of hip hop remixes.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Mr Viper posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo this is hilarious

http://apps.facebook.com/fivereact/

Check out the, uh, "Major Lazer" interview in the "All Videos" section. This dumb interviewer talks to Skerrit Bwoy and some random backup dancer, and has absolutely no idea that they aren't actually Major Lazer.

The backup dancer is Mimi, who tours with them.

And I'm pretty sure that they spelled "Kaskade" as "Cascade"

a milk crime fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 7, 2010

MzKzM
Sep 16, 2007

god i love the "new" barbara streisand track (probably been posted a couple of weeks ago, but here we go again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0W4NXIxFEI

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

MzKzM posted:

god i love the "new" barbara streisand track (probably been posted a couple of weeks ago, but here we go again)

This is by a DJ from here, he's also a pretty big promoter. He hosts a monthly event and changed the lyrics around to the name of the event, and turned it into a theme song of sorts. It's pretty cool, I hope more people pick it up because it's going to be a while before sample clearance is done!!
Went out last week to see him, totally killed the dance floor when he dropped this.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Isn't this pretty much a dick move? The song is held up, and some dj remix the track and leaks it. (Doesn't sound a whole lot off from the original thats been floating on youtube)

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

Well I picked 2 hard acts to follow, but I've been mixing for a few months now and I think I have something for people to check out. Let me know what y'all think

http://soundcloud.com/dj-wedding-ruiner/push-it

tracklist:
1. Robyn feat. Diplo - No Hassle
2. LVIS 1990 - United Groove (MJ Cole Remix)
3. Dominique Young Unique - Show My rear end
4. Bass Kleph & Stella MC - $pend My Money (Stupid Fresh Remix)
5. Crookers ft. Kardinal Offishall & Carla-Marie - Put Your Hands on Me
6. Ladyboxx - Hit My Ride (AC Slater Remix)
7. Diplo & Laidback Luke - Hey! (Foamo Remix)
8. N.A.S.A. - Gifted (Steve Aoki Remix)
9. Turbo P - Forrest (demo)
10. Major Lazer - Pon De Floor
11. Zombies For Money - Numbra One (Foamo Remix)
12. Rye Rye - Bang (Buraka Som Sistema Remix)
13. Proxy - 8000 (Sticky K Remix)
14. South Rakkas Crew - Mad Again (Fake Blood Remix)

PhonyMcRingRing
Jun 6, 2002

Fluffhead posted:

Contributing more of the "Livetronica" genre, listen to Particle - "Launchpad" from their album titled Launchpad.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=particle

It obviously has more rock elements going on in the song than most of what you guys are posting, but I would still like to hear some comments!

If you like this style, check out Holy gently caress. They just put out a new album in the past month or so.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
I just realized this hasn't been posted:

The Chemical Brothers - Swoon

God dammit I love The Chemical Brothers

rustyw
Nov 27, 2005

MzKzM posted:

This track is so loving annoying and lame. I wonder how many commercials this is going to be on.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

incoherent posted:

Isn't this pretty much a dick move? The song is held up, and some dj remix the track and leaks it. (Doesn't sound a whole lot off from the original thats been floating on youtube)

Yeah I don't know what the deal is. I thought it was a little weird. I don't think he's making any money off it, and apparently A-Trak blogged about it or some poo poo so Ducksauce is cool with it.
The theme song remix is a cool idea though and works really well so I give him credit for that.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I posted this question in the general recommendations thread before realizing this thread is its rightful place. Thanks.

I recently stumbled upon Coastal Brake by Tycho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PitnHzwigTA

and after listening to a bit more of their music realize I may have been listening to the wrong type of music my whole life. I really, really enjoy the base beat in Coastal Brake and for some reason that song is just drat motivating. I get more lab work done listening to that song than I ever have.

I am looking for more electronic music that is upbeat and inspiratinal like this song. I don't know a thing about electronic music and Itunes only helped me pilfer a few more songs and to be honest they don't much cut it. Any recommendations would be great.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr Viper posted:

I just realized this hasn't been posted:

The Chemical Brothers - Swoon

God dammit I love The Chemical Brothers

drat that's a pretty beautiful lead

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
yeah it's a gorgeous track. can't wait for their hollywood bowl show!

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...

MzKzM posted:

loving lame. Said it a few weeks ago, will say it again:

Though now I may have to make an O-God version.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
Threatis I got a set lined up for pride week in toronto this summer with ProCon as well. probably be a 60min set for you too!

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Man vs Child posted:

Threatis I got a set lined up for pride week in toronto this summer with ProCon as well. probably be a 60min set for you too!

wait what? you want me to play pride in toronto? because that would be awesome. Pride events rule.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

Threatis posted:

wait what? you want me to play pride in toronto? because that would be awesome. Pride events rule.

yeah totally, ProCon and I are gonna get an hour and then you can have the other hour for your awesome b-more whateverthefuck!

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Man vs Child posted:

yeah totally, ProCon and I are gonna get an hour and then you can have the other hour for your awesome b-more whateverthefuck!

im down. threatis@gmail.com

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
Well the good news is i don't suck anymore and i've got some actual gear so huzzah!

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop
fly me to canada

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
keep playing music naturally gravitates you in that direction

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
I'm trying to convince Kue that we need to flip that boney m/duck sauce track for a warehouse remix

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

melee beats posted:

I'm trying to convince Kue that we need to flip that boney m/duck sauce track for a warehouse remix

House megathread: Ultimate barbra streisand beach-house discussion.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
Scratch that we are remixing One

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

trill rear end posted:

fly me to canada

Tracasseur/Deathelectro might fly me to sweden for a set, i think i got some room for some turbo p to kick it along too'

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

Man vs Child posted:

Tracasseur/Deathelectro might fly me to sweden for a set, i think i got some room for some turbo p to kick it along too'

lets do it turbopmusic@gmail.com

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

trill rear end posted:

lets do it turbopmusic@gmail.com

we should go as a package deal.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
fuckin' deal, ill talk to the boys and see what I can get sorted out

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
welp, if anyone is in gothenburg this summer, fuckin TURBO P, BOOGIE HOWSER and CURBCHECK live and in the flesh. also we got VIP bottle for this bitch so you're all welcome to come!

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Man vs Child posted:

welp, if anyone is in gothenburg this summer, fuckin TURBO P, BOOGIE HOWSER and CURBCHECK live and in the flesh. also we got VIP bottle for this bitch so you're all welcome to come!

oh man this is gonna rule. Peter hope you know how to drink cause i drink like a fish.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I don't know whether to be congratulatory or mock with various goon stereotypes.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

incoherent posted:

I don't know whether to be congratulatory or mock with various goon stereotypes.

The latter is far more appropriate.

rustyw
Nov 27, 2005
[GOON MEET] Stockholm

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Sweet mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbvYJ45W84

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Man vs Child posted:

Tracasseur/Deathelectro might fly me to sweden for a set

Dude that's easily the sickest thing I've read all day.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

a milk crime posted:

Dude that's easily the sickest thing I've read all day.

The sickest thing i've read is that i'm going to be a main contributor/editor for Traccaseur. They just moved down to only 2 people and was lookin for someone exactly like me to help out (sittin' at 13 million views, massive exposure). We will however be playing an I <3 Electro party that Deathelectro holds regularily. Last time Justin Faust came out! I totally want all you swedes there so that we can show you how we party in Canada, and on yah: turbo p you got a ticket man

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Sweet mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbvYJ45W84

hahahaa "6 minutes later" Tiesto doing the exact same poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yugge
Aug 27, 2008

Man vs Child posted:

Holy poo poo, give me a date ASAP dude, I need to book some tickets. :D