Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I KNEW IT WASN'T BERKOWITZ!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
That van's a-rockin!

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004

FetusSlapper posted:

Also Julia Louis-Dreyfus might be the hottest billionaire heiress ever.

I just had to look this up. Would've never guessed her family is worth $3 billion.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

got dat wmd posted:

That van's a-rockin!

Don't go a-knockin'!

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Estelle doll: You're eating that too fast! You can't even taste it!
George: Don't tell me how to eat!
Estelle doll: You always have the same shirt! WHY DON'T YOU BUY A NEW SHIRT!?!?!
George: Cause I like this one!

One of my favourite scenes, George's delivery slays me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I love the moyle from The Bris

"..laying in the gutter like a bum, like a dog, like a mutt, like a mongrel, like an ANIMAL!!!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Could anyone remind me what context and episode George's line of "they were beep-bopping and scattin all over the place!" was in?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Could anyone remind me what context and episode George's line of "they were beep-bopping and scattin all over the place!" was in?
I know he's said it a few times, but I think the first one is from "The Apology." George is referring to Stanky Hanky's refusal to apologize for the sweater/stretched neck hole comment and his further insults.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eaUXkicnXQ

I feel like he also says it in the Pureto Rican Day episode, about the laser-pointer guy, but it's been a while since I've seen that one.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 10, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cromulent posted:

I know he's said it a few times, but I think the first one is from "The Apology." George is referring to Stanky Hanky's refusal to apologize for the sweater/stretched neck hole comment and his further insults.

I feel like he also says it in the Pureto Rican Day episode, about the laser-pointer guy, but it's been a while since I've seen that one.

That's freaky, I just started watching that very episode on DVD.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Cromulent posted:

Nah, it was all in "The Apology", he says it in some form twice though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Do old arcade machines really lose their high score records when they lose power? I can't imagine that they do but Seinfeld would never lie to me.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
She also happened to mention to me that her friend had wondered if going to a prostitute while you are engaged is cheating. His feeling was, they're never going to see each other again, so what's the difference? But that is a subject for another sermon.

You know a show's characters are truly great when expressions can serve as a punchline, and they do it in just about every other Seinfeld scene.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do old arcade machines really lose their high score records when they lose power? I can't imagine that they do but Seinfeld would never lie to me.

A lot of them do, yeah.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

That's generally true for older machines, but the truly unbelievable part of that scenario is that Mario's pizza would experience completely uninterrupted power for over 12 years.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

hall n oates mom posted:

That's generally true for older machines, but the truly unbelievable part of that scenario is that Mario's pizza would experience completely uninterrupted power for over 12 years.

That's the issue I always had with it myself.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's the issue I always had with it myself.

"Just repeat to yourself it's just a show, you should really just relax"-Jerry to George, episode 88

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

hall n oates mom posted:

There had to be a second spitter.

Wotan
Aug 15, 2009

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

The Walrus posted:

She also happened to mention to me that her friend had wondered if going to a prostitute while you are engaged is cheating. His feeling was, they're never going to see each other again, so what's the difference? But that is a subject for another sermon.

You know a show's characters are truly great when expressions can serve as a punchline, and they do it in just about every other Seinfeld scene.

Tell me why
I love you like I do,
Tell me who
can stop my heart
as much as you

Different episode, but it just reminded me of the personal hell that George was in.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Barnum posted:

Tell me why
I love you like I do,
Tell me who
can stop my heart
as much as you

Different episode, but it just reminded me of the personal hell that George was in.

That is a bit of a continuity error in the Seinfeld Universe. There was an episode of Mad About You where Jamie found out that Paul had kept the lease on his old apartment and was subletting it. The subletter was Kramer in his Seinfeld apartment.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

That is a bit of a continuity error in the Seinfeld Universe. There was an episode of Mad About You where Jamie found out that Paul had kept the lease on his old apartment and was subletting it. The subletter was Kramer in his Seinfeld apartment.

That was literally the only time I ever saw Mad About You. Quite fortuitous to see the episode with Kramer.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

That is also inconsistent with The Betrayal, since it was implied on Mad About You that Jerry lived there before Kramer did, but The Betrayal shows Jerry moving in, with Kramer already living across the hall. So in conclusion, I don't think we can really count that Mad About You episode as Seinfeld canon.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Since both shows only exist in one boy's dream, I think we have to overlook small incongruities.

Thanks for the heads up, I never saw this crossover.

Kramer on Mad About You:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJcJqLz2J40

Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Diabolik900 posted:

That is also inconsistent with The Betrayal, since it was implied on Mad About You that Jerry lived there before Kramer did, but The Betrayal shows Jerry moving in, with Kramer already living across the hall. So in conclusion, I don't think we can really count that Mad About You episode as Seinfeld canon.

Huh? They say he's writing a sitcom for NBC, so that would have been well after he moved in. I see no continuity error. The Mad About You episode takes place after The Betrayel flashback and during the NBC subplot. He could have been subletting it for some time, before Jerry moved in.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It works if Kramer filmed an episode of Mad About You while he was living in LA and had been in an episode of Murphy Brown.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Okposolypse posted:

Huh? They say he's writing a sitcom for NBC, so that would have been well after he moved in. I see no continuity error. The Mad About You episode takes place after The Betrayel flashback and during the NBC subplot. He could have been subletting it for some time, before Jerry moved in.

It's been a long time since I saw the episode, so my memory could be a little off, but here it goes: on Mad About You, Paul asked Kramer if Jerry still lived across the hall. The wording is kinda vague, so I guess there is a bit of a loophole, but this seems to imply that Jerry lived across the hall when Paul still lived there. But in The Betrayal, it shows Jerry moving in, with Kramer already living there.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WoG posted:

Since both shows only exist in one boy's dream, I think we have to overlook small incongruities.
No, really, don't even start with this corn-rear end bullshit.

coolhockey
May 3, 2005

let's party like it's 1994

WoG posted:

lol that's ridiculous.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

hall n oates mom posted:

No, really, don't even start with this corn-rear end bullshit.

Hey, I'm just pointing out the asinine places one is led when one worries about crossover continuity.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It doesn't necessarily mean every show is part of the kid's dream. What if St. Elsewhere is his dream and in his dream characters from his favorite shows appear now and then. This makes much more sense.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

That poo poo confuses real-life actors with fictional characters. Such subpar hypothetical reaching isn't worth dwelling upon, much less derailing The Seinfeld Thread about.

coolhockey
May 3, 2005

let's party like it's 1994
Those guys missed Mad Money, which is referenced multiple times by Arrested Development :colbert:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Talk about Seinfeld or get kiboshed.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

It doesn't necessarily mean every show is part of the kid's dream. What if St. Elsewhere is his dream and in his dream characters from his favorite shows appear now and then. This makes much more sense.
Yeah, I'd only seen the chart before, but looking at the key page, they probably did gently caress this up. It does logically work in one direction, but not the other, and since they only mention the Kramer appearance (backwards) instead of George/Susan watching M.A.Y. (which would have been right), who knows how much of the rest is backwards.

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Talk about Seinfeld or get kiboshed.
If only you were nearly as militant about the far more egregious derails in basically every other thread in this forum. Here-- "shmoopy!"

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
After all these years I still haven't figured out what rhymes with Dolores.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

reflir posted:

Clitoris, but only if you put the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

reflir posted:

Before we get into this... have you seen a vagina up close before?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The little guy with the hood? He's up here! Not down there!

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
About Jason Alexander, probably been mentioned already but

quote:

The only of the four main actors (Michael Richards, Jerry Seinfeld and Julia Louis-Dreyfus) from "Seinfeld" (1990) not to win an Emmy for their work on the show
:psyduck:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Klaus Kinski posted:

About Jason Alexander, probably been mentioned already but

:psyduck:

DrBouvenstein is gettin' upset!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

apekillape posted:

Before we get into this... have you seen a vagina up close before?

Yes, all the parts are clearly labeled on every vagina