Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

Aquila posted:

Job Opening

PM sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast Confection
Oct 7, 2005
I lost my job, so let's just jump right in to this.

My experience: 3 years as a network tech in an enterprise environment + 2 years help desk/technical support. Planning new infrastructure (fibre/copper/wireless), troubleshooting, Cisco switch configuration, installation, administration, documentation, a tonne of work with SolarWinds Orion Network Monitoring suite.
What I'm looking for: A job with opportunity to expand my skills, get some certs and advance.
What I'm NOT looking for: Phone jockey/help desk if I can help it.
Where I live: Hamilton, Ontario
Where I'm looking: Hamilton, Burlington, Toronto Downtown
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: I would like to be gainfully employed, for once.
Can be reached via: PM, this thread.

I've been scouring postings and talking to contacts for over a week, there is not a lot out there for me right now :(

yaoza
Jul 29, 2003

Where: Bay Area, California

What: Web/mobile developers and engineers

What we want: This sums it up: http://github.com/playhaven/jobs

What we don't want: This is a very fast, very smart, very small, and very ambitious startup. If you're looking for a corporate 9-5 job, look elsewhere. If you need to be constantly managed, look elsewhere.

Why you'd want to work here: 1) You will learn and experience more here in one year than your 4 years at college. 2) We're early stage well funded startup so compensation has a potential to be very significant

Can be reached: PM, AIM in profile, or eyao at playhaven dot com

Milo Pollywalter
Nov 25, 2006

there's a bear going round, taking names
My posting has been filled (externally), OP if you could remove me from the first post I'd appreciate it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Time to start thinking about a new job.

My Experience: I've spent the last 2.5-3 years working as an application administrator for a startup-ish company that works in email. In that time I've taught myself Perl, PHP, CSS, SQL (Oracle and MySQL) and a little Ruby. I've learned more about how email works than I want to admit. I spent most of my time monitoring systems and taught myself both Nagios and SNMP, including a project of changing Nagios from NRPE to SNMP in the production environment. This was almost entirely in a Linux and Solaris environment.
What I'm looking for: I would like to move more towards an operations side of things, along the lines of Systems Administration. What I don't know I can learn and quickly.
What I'm not looking for: Phone Support. I'm willing to take a desktop support position if the offer and chance for movement is right but I don't want more than ~15% phones.
Where I live: I currently live in Denver CO
Where I'm looking: I'm currently looking at moving to the Southern California area in the next 6 months. I would prefer to have most of my inquiries come from there.
When can I start: I need 2 weeks from an offer to end my current job and probably another half week to week to move.
Can be reached: PM me on here or feel free to contact me via email, rallyv at gmail dot com.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

:google: job openings update:

I edited the list of locations.
Summary: Pittsburgh and New York now filled, added Seattle/Kirkland and The Dalles, OR.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Rastor posted:

Summary: Pittsburgh and New York now filled, added Seattle/Kirkland and The Dalles, OR.

It's like you read my mind. E-mailed.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Job Opening!

Where: San Diego, CA

What: Software Engineer

Qualifications:
Any or all of the following: C# .Net, jQuery, Entity Framework, RESTful APIs, ASP.Net, SQL Server, and Lucene.
Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility.
Able to work on Linux as well as Windows.
Familiarity with the Amazon Web Services {EBS, S3, EC2}
Brainstorm and prototype new concepts and approaches fast. Turn prototypes into real things.

Responsibilities:
Write ASP.Net using C#, CSS and JavaScript.
Write SQL Server Queries and Stored Procedures.
Implement new features and optimize existing ones from controller-level to UI.
Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.

About Us: We are a stealth mode, funded startup. Our founder successfully sold his last company for 8 figures, and we have an extreme amount of momentum. Any applicants should be prepared to work in a startup environment: sometimes we head home at 2pm, sometimes we burn the midnight oil. You would be getting in on the ground floor of what has the potential to be a very big company. We have no problems with people fresh out of college.

Can be reached: AIM: Comrade Flynn or kpflynn at gmail dot com

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I just applied for a helpdesk position at id software. I'm so burned out on cover letter writing that my email was as follows:

To: jobs@idsoftware.com
Subject: IT Helpdesk position in Dallas, TX
Attachment: <my resume>
Body: iddqd

I wonder if the person who receives these emails will even know what that means.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
But you're a god, glowing eyes and all. Why wouldn't they hire you?

PrinceofNessus
Jan 9, 2007

PrinceofNessus posted:

Job Opening
Design and manage a pay site for the pin-up girl/fetish model Kira Von Sutra

Where
Anywhere will probably work, but the model is based out of Los Angeles.

When
loving now.

Pay
Negotiable

Contact
PrinceofNessus@gmail.com
kiravonsutra_booking@yahoo.com

:siren: Thanks for all the applications. The position has been filled. Thanks for the help goons.:siren:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Rastor posted:

Sent you an email.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

My experience: 5 years doing technical support for a major videogame publisher (Vivendi Universal). 5 and a half years doing tier2 helpdesk for the Federal courts in SoCal. I supported just over 100 local users and a roughly equal number at several remote locations throughout southern CA.
I've got a ton of hardware experience (PCs/monitors/printers/etc), a ton of Windows experience (From win95 thru win7) some linux experience (Ubuntu 10.4) and I'm currently teaching myself python.

What I'm looking for: A helpdesk type position with the opportunity to learn new skills and advance. I want to be able to increase my skillset and become an increasingly valuable asset to a company.

What I'm NOT looking for: I dont want to work in a call center.

Where I live: Los Angeles CA.

Where I'm looking: Los Angeles CA.

When I can start: No time like the present, I'm available immediately. I've been unemployed since September of last year and I'm climbing the walls. I know that unemployment is really high right now and theres lots of applicants out there but I just need someone to give me a chance.

Requirements: Health insurance and a full time position.

Can be reached via: PM or email mrclark2 at gmail dot com

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Rastor: Do you know if Google takes people with only a BS for user experience (HCI, interaction design, etc) positions? I heard a rumor they require at least a master's.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

If you can find the job posting on the https://www.google.com/jobs site it should list the degree requirements. Anyway such requirements can generally be bent for extremely qualified applicants.

quackquackquack
Nov 10, 2002
My experience: 2 years desktop management, 3 years deskside support, 3 years phone support. Most recently I turned an unmanged environment into a manged one with SCCM, allowing for half of the desktop support staff to be laid off. It makes me feel better that those laid off were mean.
What I'm looking for: Desktop management and/or typical Windows Server admin. I like bringing order to chaos.
What I'm NOT looking for: Tier 1 helpdesk or deskside support. Sole admin role.
Where I live: Boston
Where I'm looking: Boston, could be easily lured to other interesting cities
When I can start: Two weeks notice, plus a short relocation time if outside Boston
Requirements: Health insurance is a must
Can be reached via: nheefum@gmail.com

blackswordca
Apr 25, 2010

Just 'cause you pour syrup on something doesn't make it pancakes!
My Experience: 8 years of deskside and telephone windows support. Windows 95-Windows 7 plus hardware experiences with large amounts of third party software. 2 years of windows server 2003 IDAdmin with some experience in NT, 2000. 2 Years of management experience working with a team of 30 individuals with responsibilities including training, orientations and customer relations. Some MAC and Ubuntu experience.
What I'm looking for: Intermediate or Advanced Deskside support; Training positions would be nice as well.
What I'm NOT looking for : Entry level/Tier 1 position.
Where I live: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Where I am looking: Edmonton area
When can I start: : Two weeks notice
Requirements: Full time position preferred.
Can be reached by: blackswordab@gmail.com

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
My experience: Computer Science degree from Texas A&M Corpus Christi, 3 years work experience writing web applications using ASP.NET and ExtJs, I also have experience writing academic projects using LAMP
What I'm looking for: Any software development position
What I'm NOT looking for: Desktop support/any non-development IT
Where I live: San Antonio, TX
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the US
Requirements: Health insurance
Can be reached via: publicspamtrap@gmail.com

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Some good friends of mine are looking to hire a Ruby/RoR developer. Manhattan, NY.

quote:

Looking for a Ruby Developer!
We're looking for a Ruby developer to join our NYC office. We've got a great loft in Chelsea, a highly energetic team, and an awesome product to build. Here's a job description:

Venture-backed Startup Seeking Developer

We’re a VC and angel funded local startup looking for a driven developer to build a product that has a meaningful impact on the daily lives of New Yorkers (and beyond). We’re based in Manhattan (Chelsea/Flatiron loft office), and the ideal candidate can start ASAP.

Must Haves:
  • Belief in vision of individual empowerment
  • Ruby on Rails (RoR) experience (min. 1 year experience) or equivalent (e.g. Django)
  • BS/MS in Computer Science
  • Entrepreneur-at-heart – thrives in a fast-paced startup environment and has the hunger to succeed and build a product that changes the world
  • Demonstrated leadership ability and self-starter mentality
  • Passionate about writing agile, elegant, DRY code

Nice-to-Haves:
  • Experience with search/vertical search
  • Experience with automated testing / continuous integration frameworks
  • Experience with database optimization (my.cnf, EXPLAIN, indexes, replication)
  • Experience provisioning and managing cloud resources (Engine Yard, Heroku, App Engine, or equivalent)
  • Strong user experience design / interaction design reasoning skills

Compensation: Competitive mix of salary and equity

Send your resume to adrian@skillslate.com along with some samples of sites you've worked on.

link: http://blog.skillslate.com/2010/05/looking-for-ruby-developer.html

Email the above address, or you can respond to me via PM and I'll pass your info on.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

mrmcd posted:

Some good friends of mine are looking to hire a Ruby/RoR developer. Manhattan, NY.

link: http://blog.skillslate.com/2010/05/looking-for-ruby-developer.html

Email the above address, or you can respond to me via PM and I'll pass your info on.

I have discovered that there are no Ruby developers in Manhattan.

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

hippieman posted:

I have discovered that there are no Ruby developers in Manhattan.

No kidding, I have '< 1 year Ruby/RoR' listed on my resume and I probably get one recruiter a month emailing me to see if I'm interested in going up to NY to interview, or if I know any other Rails developers in the area.

portable s0n
Jun 2, 2008
2 Open Positions

Lets try this out, I am giving my description of the job.

Who are we? ICAP

Where are we? Jersey City, NJ

Job Title Desktop Support

Job Description

Support day to day activities of the trading floor. Trouble shooting desktop and back end blade systems for the brokers.

Responsibilities

*Support the trading Floor
*Trouble Shooting issues

Requirements

*Some good PC Knowledge
*Good Interpersonal Skills
*Trouble Shooting abilities

My Breakdown

If you are good at trouble shooting desktop issues you can handle this job. If you have worked in an enterprise environment before with Exchange,Blackberries, and outlook and can handle all those desktop side problems then you should be solid.

Benefits competitive salary and a generous benefits that includes medical, dental, 401K, vision and all the soda you can drink.

Send your resume to me, Vincent.Saporito AT us.icap.com

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos
I might be the odd man out as I'm looking for multimedia work, but here goes:

My experience: M.A. in Animation from Savannah College of Art and Design. Freelance 3D animation work, 1 year retail sales, 4 years I.T. helpdesk support, 2 short film/documentary credits. Specialty is 3D character rigging in Maya with additional modeling and animation experience. Also proficient in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, After-Effects, and Premiere Pro.
What I'm looking for: Full-time or contract 3D/multimedia development, full-time or contract 3D/multimedia instruction, full-time or contract I.T. support.
What I'm NOT looking for: Work-from-home or remote jobs (occasional teleworking is OK, but I'd like to actually have a studio or office to go to), concept development.
Where I live/am looking: Raleigh-Durham area, NC
Where I'm looking: Raleigh-Durham area, NC
Can be reached via: Email - gfbeach AT gmail DOT com

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
k

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 24, 2011

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Edit: Withdrawn

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 18, 2011

soj89
Dec 5, 2005

Kids in China are playing tag with knives, on playgrounds constructed of spinning razorblades and spike traps, because it will make them stronger.
Got told to post this in the job thread, hope this is the right place. It's not permanent employment but I assume you guys freelance if you could?

I need a website built to serve media content (short videos and images) to both desktop and mobile (Blackberry/iPhone) users. The site must be completed within 2 months and must turn into a turnkey operation but the developer may be retained for at least a year for further support/development work.

The budget is flexible as I'm not sure how much a reasonable amount is!

I know that it's difficult to gauge the scope/potential price of something like this without more information but I prefer to discuss details of the project over email.

If I'm asking the wrong questions here, let me know. I'll try to be as specific as I can.

Please email me at bluemonsoon at gmail dot com if you have the experience and are interested in this project!

After further reading, I think that it can be done through an existing CMS framework like Joomla or Concrete5 or whichever one the developer is comfortable with - I guess I need someone with experience who can customize such a package to our needs.

soj89 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 2, 2010

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

edit: nm

zorch fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 2, 2010

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
OP/mods, the position in Santa Clara, CA has been filled. Please remove the listing from the OP.

I'm entertaining senior engineer / team lead or architect level positions for cloud computing projects if there's any recruiters prowling this thread. I've gotten like 10 contacts in the past few months through various sources just because I'm in Silicon Valley now it seems. Despite what my resume might lead people to believe, I still code just fine, dammit... it's just half the people that'd want me would be more impressed by the other stuff :(

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
I filled my position in Northern Louisiana. With a goon none the less.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

necrobobsledder posted:

OP/mods, the position in Santa Clara, CA has been filled. Please remove the listing from the OP.

Syano posted:

I filled my position in Northern Louisiana. With a goon none the less.
Thanks for the updates, I removed those entries.

mons al-madeen
Jun 20, 2001

you will experience beer.
My experience: Tech Director at an organization with about 20 clients. Administering, provisioning, repairing Windows and Linux workstations. Hiring new guys. Teaching generalized computer classes to the public. Windows 2003 SBS & Linux server admin experience. Excellent web publishing / writing / social media skills (over 5 years of experience here at SA!)
What I'm looking for: Ideally, a smaller organization that needs a jack-of-all-trades IT/web guy, which is what I'm doing now full-time. Only thing is, I'm in Baton Rouge, and I want to be back in the Bay Area.
What I'm NOT looking for: Phone support, helpdesk, entry-level things
Where I live: Baton Rouge, LA
Where I'm looking: CA Bay Area
When I can start: October 1 ideally, which gives me time to tie up all my loose ends and move. But then again, if something is amazing, I can hurry.
Requirements: I am very tall and handsome, you must be able to accept that
Can be reached via: Email and twitter. These are the two things I check most often. I just realized this. docevil at gmail.com / http://twitter.com/fart

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Job Opening(s)
Where: Golden Valley, MN (Twin Cities Metro area)
About us: We are a dialup/DSL ISP and Telephone provider (CLEC) with a majority of our business done with Minnesota end users. We have been in business since the late 90s, and our customer base has varied between growing and stable despite the economic downturn.
What: Part time customer service/tech support call center. Primary availability desired is 4pm-8pm mon-fri and 10a-6p sat (additional hours may be available during the 7a-4p shifts based on staff levels). Most of our part time employees work 2-4 4 hour shifts during the week and half (10a-2p) or all of a saturday shift. Average call topics include DSL, dialup, and telephone service troubleshooting, billing/account questions, and new service orders/very light inbound sales.
Summer is a lower call volume time period for us due to our primary customer demographic not being hardcore computing enthusiasts. However, as the weather cools and call volumes pick up, any full time positions needed are offered first to part time employees who have proven that they can handle additional responsibilities.

(some) Benefits of working here: Laid back callcenter environment. Flexibility regarding time off requests made in advance. Opportunity for advancement.

Interested? Have questions? PM me, or email me at my forum name with an r between the s and f @gmail.com and I'll answer to the best of my ability and/or give you my boss's direct email to send a resume to.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My experience: I worked for the Obama campaign during the primaries (we won). I was the one and only IT person for the city of San Antonio, followed by being assistant IT/the tech support guy for the state of Pennsylvania.
What I'm looking for: People in an office bring me problems and I fix them. Anything along those lines.
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything involving driving around (I don't).
Where I live: Slightly upstate New York, at the moment, but that's very temporary.
Where I'm looking: Manhattan is where I'd like to work, but if I can get to and from your office every day, I'll go anywhere for the right price.
When I can start: When the next train arrives.
Requirements: If Manhattan, $30k.
Can be reached via:gmail: JesseMasonIT. I can send a resume with many, many more words than this post.

trephine
Sep 29, 2001

Get off my bed
We filled our sys admin roles but continue to need engineers. We also have major need for product people. I ought to disclaim that we get a large referral bonus. A referral almost guarantees a phone screen. See the jobs page.

Who we are: Tagged is a social network, a top 100 website that does 200M+ daily pageviews, on a lean staff of about 30 fulltimers. This is a mature (i.e., low risk), pre-IPO startup.
Where San Francisco, Financial District

Title: Product Manager, new grad, senior
Description:
The role is like a mini-CEO leading a team and project. You'll need special insight into what makes web products usable and compelling to an audience.
Skills: analytics, modelling, stats, communication, experience with common tools like excel

Title: Software Engineer, paid intern, mid-level and senior
Description:
Engineering is a growth position; you'll learn a lot. Features include search, recommendation, and other common graph-based applications, e.g., newsfeed. Scaling apps to the size required is often the biggest challenge.
Skills: writing software (php, java, c; memcached, solr/lucene, thrift, etc)

Why you want to work here: Good salary, stock options and bonuses, good team, cool open office with free meals, gym membership, monthly massage, quarterly offsites. Compared with Facebook, you'd be offered more responsiblity sooner in your career.
Why we need you: Good candidates are hugely difficult to find, and staff size limits what we can build.
Contact: Send brief note and resume to trehp2000 at yahoo.com with SA in the subject, or PM with questions.

trephine fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 9, 2010

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

trephine posted:

Title: Software Engineer, paid intern to senior
Skills: writing software
You might want to mention what sort of languages or technologies one would be expected to work with, since I'm fairly sure you don't really want COBOL guys applying, even though they'd match your "requirements".

trephine
Sep 29, 2001

Get off my bed
The website is principally java and php, but we don't necessarily hire for skill in a language.

sonic bed head
Dec 18, 2003

this is naturual, baby!

volkadav posted:

If you have questions I can try to answer them, either about the company or relocating to the NYC metro area, and I can also refer people directly to the main hiring contact if you sound like you've got a clue. email: mjackson at nytimes dot com

I actually think that I fit the UI Developer description pretty spot on. If you're still around, can you tell me how working for the company is like? Can you give me the kind of culture? Is it extremely corporate or is it like facebook/google or somewhere in between? I'm not to worried about the prospects of newspapers, especially since I've been in startups for my whole career, but I am wondering if downsizing in the technology teams have happened recently.

Thanks for your help.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

My experience: I have over 10 years' experience in the IT Contracting field, learning a little bit about a vast array of technologies. I am a jack-of-all-trades, but my core talent is in the diagnostic process. I began as an arcade technician at 16 (fixing arcade machines, not handing out prizes) and from there went into retail PC repair for several years before moving into IT contracting. My Contracting work ranged from re-organizing server farms and running network cable to staffing corporate and public helpdesks to planning and installing small- to medium-sized business networks. I also operated my own Internet Cafe for a short period.
What I'm looking for: People in an office bring me problems and I fix them. I hate to use something another poster said, but he said it so succinctly. I'm a troubleshooter by nature, always looking for ways to fix problems and make systems run more efficiently. I am able to leverage my wide range of experience to find unique solutions to problems.
What I'm NOT looking for: Angry customers and anything that involves me lying or selling to customers. My weak point has always been my honesty, and that includes with customers. When placed in a position to make a sale to a customer, I would prefer to find them exactly what they need and within their budget. I do not do unnecessary upsells. This doesn't mean that I will cheap out on a customer either, but I have a code of ethics that I follow that will not allow me to lie to a customer.
Where I live: College Station, TX and I hate it.
Where I'm looking: Any major city in any decently liberal/progressive state, preferably along the West Coast.
When I can start: As soon as I can get a flight.
Requirements: $25-30k/year with health benefits.
Can be reached via:gmail: sa.tarrasque

Hunterprime
Mar 22, 2005

Fixing networks and making games
Who we are: Mind Control Software is a independent game developer that has been in business since 1994. We currently have two large projects that we are trying to quickly ramp up staff. We develop games across all platforms including flash and facebook.
Where San Rafael, California about 20 minutes north of San francisco

Title: Client-Side Game Engineer
Description:
You will be coding on a wide variety of game systems including game logic, tools, UI, AI, multiplayer, and other game functionality, as needed. Although our primary platform is the web, our deployments will include PC, mobile, console and handheld.
Skills: Strong experience in C++ or actionscript 3, Proactive programming style that anticipates and resolves project roadblocks, Able to manage own time efficiently while switching between multiple concurrent assignments, 3D programming experience using OpenGL or Direct3D is a big plus

Why you want to work here: Full Health benefits with vision and dental, great work environment that isn't afraid of impromptu nerf wars.
Why we need you: Engineers are the always at the top of needs for people. Good action script programmers are also hard to come by
Contact: Send brief note and resume to hunterprime at gmail.com with SA in the subject

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Walked posted:

Who we are: Government Contractor

Where we are: Northern Virginia / Washington DC

Job title: Systems Administrator

What we want: A competent windows system administrator. College, certs, all that - not required. Experience and intelligence please. Teamwork is huge. BONUS MEGA POINTS if you have Security+ and/or Active Security Clearance.

Why you'd want to work here: It's a pretty sweet gig, the people rule, and the pay isnt bad. We're the first DoD network to deploy an entirely Win2k8 domain into production soooo resume is good too? Good benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc

Why you wouldn't want to work here: It's hectic, a lot of poo poo going on, and all that stuff.
Salary: Up to $60k.

Please PM me on here if interested. I know one of the helpdesk guys relocated from California for his job, so theyll take you from out of state, but dont expect assistance.

Okay; update:
1x helpdesk position available (up to 50k, 1yr experience required)
2x Administration positions available. You'd be working for me as I'm moving up to the team lead position.