Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

sicarius posted:

The only real offenders that come to mind from PP are models that are playing up their sexiness on purpose or are supposed to be sexy as part of their fluff. Most of the standard "I don't need to be naked to win" models are pretty fair. Both Feoras, Eiryss, both Haleys, etc. Pretty much everything that isn't Satyxis or a Pirate is dressed for battle.

Yeah, most of them aren't that bad, they just have wildly impractical footwear choices. Katherine Laddermore and Haley's original sculpt are pleasant exceptions, but most of the named female models are sporting four inch heels. I freely acknowledge that this is a totally stupid thing to sperg about, and I doubt I'd've even noticed if not for them making all of these models a giant loving pain to pin to their bases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

stabbington posted:

Yeah, most of them aren't that bad, they just have wildly impractical footwear choices. Katherine Laddermore and Haley's original sculpt are pleasant exceptions, but most of the named female models are sporting four inch heels. I freely acknowledge that this is a totally stupid thing to sperg about, and I doubt I'd've even noticed if not for them making all of these models a giant loving pain to pin to their bases.

True enough - I don't really notice. None of my female models - Feora and Daughters - have heels. Actually, upon inspection - almost none of them do. I'm just looking at PP's website and only seen one model in heels that isn't Cryx.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Outside of Cryx, with a bit of research, both Sorschas, the NQ Eyriss, Alt Haley, Kara Sloan, Ryan from the Black 13th, Ashlynn, Fiona, and both of the Mage Hunter Assassin sculpts, and both Lylyths. I'll give Madelyn Corbeau a pass since she's actually a whore.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

stabbington posted:

Outside of Cryx, with a bit of research, both Sorschas, the NQ Eyriss, Alt Haley, Kara Sloan, Ryan from the Black 13th, Ashlynn, Fiona, and both of the Mage Hunter Assassin sculpts, and both Lylyths. I'll give Madelyn Corbeau a pass since she's actually a whore.

Good enough. I'm going to just say it's at least 50/50. So, for a gaming company in a fantasy setting, that's like a B+ at least. I think the biggest offenders there are probably Kara who could in no way handle that gun in heel and Ashlynn. Ryan is a close second as she's supposed to be kinda butch.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I feel like Rackham is pretty good in this department as well. The chick I got with my AT-43 mech (it came with two pilots) is recognizably female but not ridiculous, for instance. Their Confrontation stuff was pretty solid as well. Obviously there were the Sessairs or whatever those Celt people were called, but pretty much the entire faction just wore scraps and bangles, so it didn't seem weird.

I was going to say that Infinity is pretty good, but I think that is kind of faction-specific. The Haqqislam seem good, but I know they have some kind of awkward anime-chicks in there as well.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Jarofmoldymayo
Mar 5, 2008
New job for barbie?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

yum posted:

Could almost pass for a female Shepard from Mass Effect 2.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Never forget that GW actually thought it was a good idea to sculpt and cast this miniature:

They still sell it.

Most of the versions you see choose to paint the bodysuit as bare flesh. Thanks GW, I really needed a 'holy poo poo creepy' flag for my opponents!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the crowning corn niblet on the poo poo sundae is the name of that monstrosity.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Ashcans posted:

Never forget that GW actually thought it was a good idea to sculpt and cast this miniature:

They still sell it.

Most of the versions you see choose to paint the bodysuit as bare flesh. Thanks GW, I really needed a 'holy poo poo creepy' flag for my opponents!

What the hell is that

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

crime fighting hog posted:

What the hell is that

DE Wytch, maybe? v:shobon:v

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I found a cool thing

over here http://nomadpainter.blogspot.com/

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

What the hell is that

Kruellagh the Vile

GET IT

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
gary morely :ughh:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I HAVE CHAINSWORDS IN MY PALMS, I AM SO HOT

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gently caress this gay hobby forever.

I AM A SUBMARINE
Dec 4, 2005

That's not bad. Face is a little weird, though.

Would a 54mm mini look stupid in a 28mm army? I'm thinking yes.

Chainsword palms has got to be the dumbest idea I've ever seen on a miniature. You know you've been playing this game too long when you see a reciprocating segmented blade system and think "chainsword" not "chainsaw".

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Considering she'd be taller than a space marine dreadnought, probably

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

I AM A SUBMARINE posted:

That's not bad. Face is a little weird, though.

Would a 54mm mini look stupid in a 28mm army? I'm thinking yes.

Chainsword palms has got to be the dumbest idea I've ever seen on a miniature. You know you've been playing this game too long when you see a reciprocating segmented blade system and think "chainsword" not "chainsaw".

Is that a conversion or a rare I've just not seen ?

I AM A SUBMARINE
Dec 4, 2005

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Is that a conversion or a rare I've just not seen ?

It's an Inquisitor model.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Ah, that'll explain it then. I like that one, it is reasonably elegant while being, by gaming miniature standards, positively chaste.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Im stoked, ive got some new gay robot space mans to paint:

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Ah, that'll explain it then. I like that one, it is reasonably elegant while being, by gaming miniature standards, positively chaste.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

PaintVagrant posted:

Im stoked, ive got some new gay robot space mans to paint:

What the hell is going on with these? The base was too small for the first two, and for some reason the sniper is trying to brace his gun on his one leg. :psyduck:

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

S.J. posted:

I found a cool thing

These look fantastic. I'd also like to think they are friends and go on adventures together. Bearman, Dragonman and Fireman. Friends to the end!

I AM A SUBMARINE
Dec 4, 2005

S.J. posted:

I found a cool thing

I have to buy an ultraforge dragon now. Look what you made me do.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Sole.Sushi posted:

What the hell is going on with these? The base was too small for the first two, and for some reason the sniper is trying to brace his gun on his one leg. :psyduck:

yeah Ill def be using a bigger base for them, or model them so they are climbing or keeping their legs closer.

The leg sniper guy, I dunno. I might have him standing on something with his brace leg.

The infinity sculptors are rad as hell, but they have their moments of "wtf" poses. Most are fixable with a little bend or twist or adding something on the base though.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

I AM A SUBMARINE posted:

I have to buy an ultraforge dragon now. Look what you made me do.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Fyrbrand posted:

Someone invent fast-drying washes. I will have your babies.

Thanks in advance.

I paint under a 60w daylight lamp, washes dry pretty fast for me.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Here's some poo poo I just finished painting up. Feels inadequate after that dragon. I'll figure out something for basing later. I'm not a big diaroma guy but these guys cry out for one. I'll have to break down and buy the dog mini from hasslefree's online store now since I can't find anything in the states.

Jinkies!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Kruellagh doesn't have chainswords in her palms you dummies.

They're syringes! :pseudo:

S.J. posted:

I found a cool thing

The dragon is cool but honestly nothing compares to the Treants they have.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Zarkov Cortez posted:

How do I get that blue? Because I'm totally painting my high elf dragon this color.

Or purple. Hmm....

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

How do I get that blue? Because I'm totally painting my high elf dragon this color.

Or purple. Hmm....

Basecoat Hawk Turquoise :psyduck:, then successive layers of that + white until you are highlighting with pure white.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

bhsman posted:

Basecoat Hawk Turquoise :psyduck:, then successive layers of that + white until you are highlighting with pure white.

shiny

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Youd probably want to go darker than HWT in some areas, that blue goes from pretty dark all the way through white

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Looks closer to ice blue to me

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

rzal posted:

Here's some poo poo I just finished painting up. Feels inadequate after that dragon. I'll figure out something for basing later. I'm not a big diaroma guy but these guys cry out for one. I'll have to break down and buy the dog mini from hasslefree's online store now since I can't find anything in the states.

Jinkies!

You did a pretty drat good job matching all those colors and applying them to the minis.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Sole.Sushi posted:

I would not recommend you take drugs to steady your hands. Do the following:
1) lay off the coffee and/or soda. Give it a few days. If you absolutely must have caffeine, go with herbal tea.

Seriously, this.

I've had unsteady hands for years (partly the legacy of a few misspent years while I was at university) but when I gave up caffeine, they were noticeably steadier once I got through a couple of weeks of craving. I drank a lot of caffeine though beforehand, if you're relatively caffeine-free, I don't know :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aetilus
May 8, 2005

by Lowtax
i drink a lot of coffee/soda when I paint and my hands don't shake.

:iamafag:

• Locked thread