Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Volcano Style posted:

That was during Steiner's 'I will do whatever I want because no one is punishing me for anything' phase. He'd skip steroid tests and go unpunished, got suspended from shows with pay and was in line to be WCW Champion right around the corner anyway. This was also a couple of weeks either before or after he'd gone out and cut an unscripted promo about DDP having a vagina or something and the two got in a fight backstage. Again, Steiner went unpunished.

I thought the fight was because Tammy got busted for drugs, it was Kimberly who ratted her out, Steiner gave Kim poo poo for it, DDP tried to defend Kimberly and got his rear end kicked for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Volcano Style posted:

This was also a couple of weeks either before or after he'd gone out and cut an unscripted promo about DDP having a vagina or something and the two got in a fight backstage. Again, Steiner went unpunished.

Acourding to Death of WCW, DDP just bumped into him in a doorway carrying a carpet, and he flipped out and started fighting him.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

was Steiner over enough to be allowed to do all this, or were WCW management just loving terrified of him?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lamuella posted:

was Steiner over enough to be allowed to do all this, or were WCW management just loving terrified of him?

Yes to both.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lamuella posted:

The thing with Steiner was that if he was suspended without pay, he would have been in violation of his parole so he would have had to go to prison.

EDIT: Probation. Not parole.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Yes to both.

He wasn't that over - this was 2000 WCW, nobody was really over anymore.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

CSammich posted:

He wasn't that over - this was 2000 WCW, nobody was really over anymore.

Perhaps, but he still was more over than most of the roster of my memory serves. Once he turned heel on Rick, I thought Scott remained one of the most over members on the roster. Wasn't that why they gave him the belt?

Maybe it just seemed that way to my 17-year-old self, but Steiner was one of the few reasons I ever flipped over to WCW past mid-1999.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
The Steiner Recliner owned

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Midija also owned.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pneub posted:

Acourding to Death of WCW, DDP just bumped into him in a doorway carrying a carpet, and he flipped out and started fighting him.

You're thinking of the ring worker that bumped into Buff Bagwell while carrying a roll of carpet and got smacked around for his troubles. Buff was fined and suspended, and the guy sued, but I don't remember how it turned out.

The fight backstage had to do with Steiner cutting an unscripted promo where he tore into DDP for a while, including the line "Why don't you convince Diamond Dallas Page to get a sex change, so he has the balls to come out here and face me?" As soon as Steiner walked back through they curtain, he and DDP went at it, with many people saying Scott went straight for Page's eye. After they were pulled apart, DDP and Nash walked out and Steiner went back out to the ring for another unscripted bit about how Kimberly is a slut.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
The best was about a year before the shoot promo, when Steiner ran down a road worker with his car and got arrested. I swear he was wearing an nWo shirt in his mug shot. Can't find it of course, but Wiki says the incident took place in April '98.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Dario Delfino posted:

The best was about a year before the shoot promo, when Steiner ran down a road worker with his car and got arrested. I swear he was wearing an nWo shirt in his mug shot. Can't find it of course, but Wiki says the incident took place in April '98.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
http://static.tbs.com/sports/thunder/index.htm

Guys I don't think any new information is ever going to be available. :ohdear:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whatsabattle posted:

Why are they still paying for that site.

evale
Dec 20, 2009

Endorph posted:

Why are they still paying for that site.

So that fans can send Macho Man and Sting e-cards?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

evale posted:

So that fans can send Macho Man and Sting e-cards?

The CGI script used to send e-cards is down.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matlock posted:

The CGI script used to send e-cards is down.
Oh.

Well then.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dario Delfino posted:

Hey, do you know how long it's being since he last had an accident?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Wazzu posted:

Hey, do you know how long it's being since he last had an accident?

This sounds like the set-up to a joke.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

oldpainless posted:

That's loving beautiful. He looks hungry.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

oldpainless posted:

"No sir, you can't wear your chainmail hat for the picture."

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

whatsabattle posted:

That's sized for what, a 640x480 resolution

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

whatsabattle posted:

Hang on a sec...

:crossarms:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pneub posted:

Hang on a sec...

:crossarms:
Layin' the smackdown on my

i cant' think of a finish for this joke

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm surprised TBS named it that, I thought WWE spent millions trying to make sure nobody else uses the term "smackdown".

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm surprised TBS named it that, I thought WWE spent millions trying to make sure nobody else uses the term "smackdown".

smack down =/= smackdown

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Save Russian Jews posted:

smack down =/= smackdown

True, but doesn't the WWE use it both ways? Especially when it comes to the logo?

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Pope Corky the IX posted:

True, but doesn't the WWE use it both ways? Especially when it comes to the logo?

I don't think you can trademark something like "smack down" any more than you could the phrase "beat up."

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Save Russian Jews posted:

I don't think you can trademark something like "smack down" any more than you could the phrase "beat up."

WWE definitely has "smackdown" trademarked. But trademarks aren't as strong as a lot of people think; the fact that TBS seems to be using it to describe a website feature instead of a televised wrestling program is probably enough to keep them safe.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

whatsabattle posted:

This site is optimized for 640x480!

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This site is optimized for 640x480!

Anyone under the age of, oh, 19 on Wrestlehut needs to goto their multimedia site and see how "old people" used to watch stuff on the internet.

The only thing worse would be the videos being RealPlayer.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

Anyone under the age of, oh, 19 on Wrestlehut needs to goto their multimedia site and see how "old people" used to watch stuff on the internet.

There are some twelve-year old promo videos on the site, I can only imagine people waiting for an hour for the 320x240 .mov files to load.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I hope Bill Goldberg stays undefeated! :ohdear:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
http://static.tbs.com/sports/braves/index.htm

Copyright 2002.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I remember having to watch the ISDN versions of Titantron videos in 1999. They were so blocky and compressed.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Lone Rogue posted:

Buffering...buffering...buffering...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I remember having to deal with videos that would stop running but the audio would keep going. gently caress that was annoying.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Oh come on guys, every player sucked back then.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
If you click the WCW button you get re-routed to wwe.com :(

This made me realise that I wish WWE would keep wcw.com up, and fill it full of info about the company. Use it like an encyclopedia to WCW. Of course this wouldn't really help them in any way, but it would be nice.

Edit: Haha in one of the videos at first listen it sounded like "STING SHOWED UP TO GET A FEW DICKS IN"

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Pneub posted:

Oh come on guys, every player sucked back then.

no, real player was terrible even by back then standards