Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Teri Hatcher looks insanely good in the episode she's in. It's literally the hottest I've ever seen her, and she still looks amazing now.
Indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
:cawg: Ahaha, :iceburn:

One of my favorite scenes remembered yesterday: In "The Wink" when George is trying to cajole Kramer to get the Yankee Birthday Card returned and pries his eyes open while shouting "GET IT BACK!!!" in his patented outburst tone.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Skeesix posted:

You have to try and get an equal amount of black and white in each bite!

The brief shot of him eating his black and white cookie and doing a slight nod to the black guy eating the black and white cookie...that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

atlas futon
Oct 31, 2004

would you kindly sit down

hall n oates mom posted:

:cawg: Ahaha, :iceburn:

One of my favorite scenes remembered yesterday: In "The Wink" when George is trying to cajole Kramer to get the Yankee Birthday Card returned and pries his eyes open while shouting "GET IT BACK!!!" in his patented outburst tone.

PULP CAN MOVE BABY

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

The brief shot of him eating his black and white cookie and doing a slight nod to the black guy eating the black and white cookie...that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Yeah, that's one of my favorite easily-missed moments.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Re last page of discussion, Kramer did bad stuff - In The Junior Mint he refuses to let Jerry tell the doctor about the fact that they dropped a mint into the patient even though the guy might be dying. In The Marine Biologist he almost kills a whale. In The Parking Lot he encourages, in fact goads both George and Jerry into public urination. He's the embodiment of mooching and troublemaking, just as big a jerk as the rest.

"But you WILL, be using a retractor?"

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Re last page of discussion, Kramer did bad stuff - In The Junior Mint he refuses to let Jerry tell the doctor about the fact that they dropped a mint into the patient even though the guy might be dying. In The Marine Biologist he almost kills a whale. In The Parking Lot he encourages, in fact goads both George and Jerry into public urination. He's the embodiment of mooching and troublemaking, just as big a jerk as the rest.

You can't blame the whale thing on him. It wasn't intentionally malicious. And hey, who doesn't like a little bit of public urination.

The Junior Mint thing...yeah, I got nothin.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
How did Kramer know that both Jerry & George were suffering from Uro-Misatosis?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Supreme Allah posted:

I'll give you the mint, but the whale was unintentional (and unpredictable), and in the parking lot, you can argue he's doing it because he wants to help his friends avoid future medical problems with their bladders. Are you aware that adult diapers are a 600 million dollars-a-year industry?

Kramer is the only member of the gang who goes out of his way to help his friends. Granted, it usually backfires due to his own illogical thought process, and the fact that he at times forgets to inform whoever he's helping until after the fact.
He also seems to have the most friends out of the group (Jerry's dates and Elaine's 'man-friends' excluded), which could mean he's much more likable, friendly and personable then the rest.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Having just watched "The Secretary" for some reason I think it's really awesome how they use Uma Thurman as such a "focal" point of the episode, but she's not actually ever in it and you never even see her in body double form or anything.

Also it has:

"This.. is false... reflecting! And I think, the department of, ya know, whatever, would be very interested to know what's going on here! :nyd:"

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

I just noticed that the "Superman" in the back of Bizarro Jerry's apartment was actually Bizarro :(

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ehud posted:

How is that possible? What age group is this that thinks Seinfeld is uncool?

I'll be 21 at the end of this month and I find the show absolutely hilarious as well as most of my friends. My 15 year old siblings just do not get the show. I've noticed that unless the comedy is physical or made really really upfront then they just don't get the show. Imagine a world where Seinfeld isn't funny any more. My.....god.

They really need to put this show on Hulu. Either that or I finally need to cave and buy the box set.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

atlas futon posted:

PULP CAN MOVE BABY

Any time a grapefruit enters my field of vision I scream this out loud irl

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RoryGilmore posted:

I just noticed that the "Superman" in the back of Bizarro Jerry's apartment was actually Bizarro :(

I have watched Seinfeld for years, and have never seen the Bizarro episode. Ever. I don't own any of the seasons on DVD, just caught everything either when it was originally on, or through reruns.

I'm as weirded out by anyone else about this. I really want to see it.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
*KNOCK KNOCK*

...who is it?

It's Feldman!

... :ohdear: ...

From across the hall!

Ohhhh!! :hfive:

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Me so happy...me want to cry.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

This scene, where Elaine goes into Crazy Joe Davola's apartment is really creepy. I remember watching this episode as a kid and being freaked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uov9d-nqyFY

It's like something right out of Silence of the Lambs. The audience laughter just makes it more surreal and uncomfortable.

Something about the early seasons are already unsettling to begin with.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Make us laugh, clown!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

OldSenileGuy posted:

*KNOCK KNOCK*

...who is it?

It's Feldman!

... :ohdear: ...

From across the hall!

Ohhhh!! :hfive:

Fargus! :)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
After reading this thread:
1. i need to buy the Seinfeld boxset (gently caress uk tv for not showing this constantly, not even on sky :psyduck:)

2. At the start and end of every conversation i have in real life i want someone to play a little slap-bass jingle

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
The "how it began" (I guess it's from the dvds) on youtube is pretty drat funny. Mostly because of the "we don't know how to run a show but this guy I know used to be on tv once, let's hire him" and Larry David's refusal to agree with anything nbc wanted to change about the show. His reactions on when they got renewed for the first seasons are hilarious as well and it's even better if you imagine George speaking.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The Human Cow posted:

Fargus! :)

:ohdear: :Elaine!...Can I come?

:j: :Sorry...we've already got a George.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Are you still scared of clowns?

yeah...

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I just laughed for like three straight minutes at Elaine's "Lookit... it's not Suse, alright? It's Susie.. my name- is SU-SIE". Her angry\manic outbursts are always so good. The whole concept of that episode is one of the best examples of the late season surreal humor.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

"The Susie" is also a direct mirror of "The Foundation". Elaine endures the same turmoil and strife George did at the hands of Susan's memory. Susie dies as well. Love that ep.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Larry Charles is loving psychotic and every episode he did had weirdness, taboo or violence in it.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

got dat wmd posted:

Larry Charles is loving psychotic and every episode he did had weirdness, taboo or violence in it.

He looks and dresses like a homeless man

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

This scene, where Elaine goes into Crazy Joe Davola's apartment is really creepy. I remember watching this episode as a kid and being freaked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uov9d-nqyFY

It's like something right out of Silence of the Lambs. The audience laughter just makes it more surreal and uncomfortable.

Something about the early seasons are already unsettling to begin with.

got dat wmd posted:

I was going to say, Larry Charles must've written that episode.

That episode he wrote but they never made sounded stupid.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

The Guardian posted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/jun/07/jerry-seinfeld-rerun-repeat-fees

Why is it that Jerry Seinfeld, the American actor who had a hit 1990s TV show named after him, is always smiling? It could it be because he is party to a little secret that has just been disclosed – that his show, Seinfeld, has made $2.7bn (£1.8bn) in repeat fees since it went off the air 12 years ago.

The astonishing figure was revealed by Barry Meyer, chairman of Warner Brothers Entertainment, which has the rights to the Seinfeld series. He told a recent conference in New York of potential investors in Time Warner that the company's backlist of titles was a "library that keeps on giving".

Hollywood Reporter notes that Meyer went on to list the earnings that have been made from Seinfeld on repeats in addition to the sums the show made from its original run of 180 episodes over nine years. In total, Seinfeld has raked in $2.3bn in reruns on regular TV channels and a further $380m on cable.

Seinfeld-related article to bump the thread!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I imagined it would've grossed even more in royalties. It's the stuff of a syndication legend. Not that there's anything wrong with generating 3 billion dollars for doing nothing.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

hall n oates mom posted:

I imagined it would've grossed even more in royalties. It's the stuff of a syndication legend. Not that there's anything wrong with generating 3 billion dollars for doing nothing.

I know I can catch at least four episodes a day just watching local TV and TBS here at various times.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Since every other show except the really big ones are at least a couple of weeks to seasons behind on swedish tv, the only things I really watch are the news and seinfeld reruns :haw:

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

hall n oates mom posted:

Not at all!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

OldSenileGuy posted:

This one?

Anyone have the original with George in the background?

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
I think somewhere it said that Larry David himself makes about a $100,000 each time an episode airs

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

got dat wmd posted:

I think somewhere it said that Larry David himself makes about a $100,000 each time an episode airs

I don't think that would be fiscally possible.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

neoboman posted:

I was going to say, Larry Charles must've written that episode.

That episode he wrote but they never made sounded stupid.

I never heard about this. What was the idea behind that one?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Idran posted:

I never heard about this. What was the idea behind that one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seinfeld_%28season_2%29#.22The_Bet.22

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

got dat wmd posted:

Seinfeld airs at least 4 times a day.

I've got a feeling that Larry David does not make $146,000,000 per year on Seinfeld reruns alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh
They sold the syndication rights for about 500 million if I remember correctly, so Larry and Jerry each got about 250 million off the bat.