Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Click here for the full 1263x1398 image.

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/1771214678.html

Alright, somebody want to explain to me just what this is and what the hell it's doing in Arkansas? Because goddamn, I never expected to see a Renault here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
I don't know that Id want to drive a french car from the 1980s named "fire."

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

T1g4h posted:

Alright, somebody want to explain to me just what this is and what the hell it's doing in Arkansas? Because goddamn, I never expected to see a Renault here.
AMC dealers imported various North Amercican-ized Renaults in the early/mid 80s. They were pretty much all pieces of poo poo and I personally haven't seen any on the road in what must be at least a few years.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

T1g4h posted:

Click here for the full 1263x1398 image.

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/1771214678.html

I want this. So badly. I live in Toronto Though.

On a side note Slidebite. I saw a Beige Alliance last week and a Red Encore 2 days ago, and yes, they were both running and driving around.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

trouser chili posted:

Ok, I'm pretty drat gay for this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=270588038589

It says it's a DS wagon athough I'm pretty sure only the ID was offered as a Break (wagon). The ID being the dumbed-down version of the DS, it had no hydropneumatic suspension, no fancy hydropneumatic manual gearbox either. This may be a good thing for a guy used to working on and driving tractors disguised as trucks.

I'm French and I've never seen this model in my life, must be an USDM car

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

KlementGottwald posted:

On a side note Slidebite. I saw a Beige Alliance last week and a Red Encore 2 days ago, and yes, they were both running and driving around.

:monocle:
You know what would be a cool and interesting tool?

If the DMV allowed you to search or published model year and models of cars just to see how many are currently registered (hence, likely alive) in your province/state.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
But then even more people would be able to follow Trouser Chili's ITR home at night. Otherwise I think you're on to something.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

KlementGottwald posted:

That's pretty amazing. My father bought an Alliance new when I was a kid, and even with meticulous maintenance I don't think that car lasted three years. I remember at one point he was trying to toss something in the back and the rear hatch just fell right off the hinges for no apparent reason.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Symphoric posted:

That's pretty amazing. My father bought an Alliance new when I was a kid, and even with meticulous maintenance I don't think that car lasted three years. I remember at one point he was trying to toss something in the back and the rear hatch just fell right off the hinges for no apparent reason.

Yeah, my dad had an alliance when I was a kid and that thing was a piece of poo poo, jesus christ.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Splizwarf posted:

But then even more people would be able to follow Trouser Chili's ITR home at night. Otherwise I think you're on to something.

No need for specific info/names/addresses, just numbers of vehicles that are active. It would actually be a great research tool.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

slidebite posted:

No need for specific info/names/addresses, just numbers of vehicles that are active. It would actually be a great research tool.

"Hey look there's only like a dozen *insert poo poo car* still registered in the whole state, I bet parts are real easy to find at the junkyard :haw:"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Sh4 posted:

I'm French and I've never seen this model in my life, must be an USDM car
Nope, they sold them in the UK as well as the rest of Europe. A good six-figure production run, too. Believe it or not, they were actually considered pretty cool for a brief period. Even with a 60bhp 1.4 :effort:.

I haven't seen one in the rust flesh for years though.

slidebite posted:

:monocle:
You know what would be a cool and interesting tool?

If the DMV allowed you to search or published model year and models of cars just to see how many are currently registered (hence, likely alive) in your province/state.
The DVLA has this facility, but I don't know how "publicly available" it is. Certainly, magazines like Practical Classics have a monthly "how many survive?" and "only XX left" columns based on the data.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot
Okay This must be bizzaro car month in the GTA.

Today(this last one made me wish I had a Camera) a :wtf:Mitsubishi Cordia:wtf: drove by me going the opposite way in Scarborough. I would have U-turned and followed it if not for the traffic.

I would seriously like to know how it got here.

Also, lately I've been seeing a lot of Dodge/Eagle 2000GTX's.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/1776009152.html

quote:

1966 Triumph Spitfire - $3000

This is a classic Triumph Spitfire. It is a convertible. Great for summer drives and it will make an excellent collectors car. The body of the car is in good condition a few dings here and there but easily fixable. It has a 1973 Mazda RX-2 rotary engine, which are very reliable engines. Because the RX-2's were bulky, it has good gas mileage because Spitfires are way lighter. It has 13 inch tires, which are inexpensive new tires. It has a four speed manual transmission. There are two custom hood scoops. I replaced a lot of things on it, like the coils, distributor caps, new spark plugs, and I rebuilt the carburetors. It has a good clear title. I have driven it quite a few times, and it ran great, but recently it had wiring issues causing the car to sit for a month. The rag top needs to be replaced. But overall it a great deal for a car that can easily be restored.

I am asking for $3000 or best offer.

Oh god I'm tempted but I'm pretty sure I should get something that can haul a bunch of tools around but hahaha a triumph with a rotary that's something (help me this ad makes me feel funny things).

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

maxallen posted:

Oh god I'm tempted but I'm pretty sure I should get something that can haul a bunch of tools around but hahaha a triumph with a rotary that's something (help me this ad makes me feel funny things).

Why have you not currently gone and bought this? :colbert:

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Because the jackass owner ruined the hood?

Watermelon City
May 10, 2009

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1768041186.html

quote:

90 Celica GTS Race Car (long beach grand prix) - $3500 (Auburn/Grass Valley)

Date: 2010-05-31, 9:43AM PDT
Reply to: sale-vpcya-1768041186@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a celica modified from factory for racing, after being retired from the race track it went to Fast Lane Racing School, and my friend bought it from them when they moved. It has been legalized to run on the street, and only has 26xxx miles on it. It has a cold air intake, ceramic headers (and the original ones), larger fuel injectors, (and the original ones), all the interior paneling, lightweight nippon racing aluminum wheels, racing camber, all the paperwork, aftermarket exhaust, cobra racing seat welded to the floor, Simpson racing 5 point harness and window netting, keyed kill switch, runs great, the reason I'm selling is that I was letting out the clutch the other day and I think that the throwout bearing went out, right now I'm pretty sure the trans is fine, it was just that, because all the gears still go in smooth, and the problem is only when you're letting out the clutch, the car kind of jolts forward (or backward in reverse) in gear, so the car will need at least a dolly to take it home.

This car has a lot of history and I just don't have the money to fix it at the moment, will consider trades for other cars, prop 215, cash, or a mix.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

mutt2jeff posted:

Because the jackass owner ruined the hood?

It can be restored.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

maxallen posted:

The Triumph 1500 it came with probably went through main bearings and thrust washers faster than that rotary can swallow apex seals. Consider that an improvement, I guess.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

T1g4h posted:

My brother owns a 1985 Renault "Mini-Winnie" LeSharo Winnebago. It's a 4-cylinder, 5-speed and ugly as all hell. I love it.
It looks pretty much like this:
http://www.walrathfamily.com/info/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/0011.JPG
http://www.motorhoming.com/1986%20Winnebago%20Le%20Sharo.jpg

I'm driving to Ohio in a couple of weeks and taking the Buckeye Beer Bus (as we call it) camping for a few days.

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 5, 2010

calvran
Mar 4, 2004
http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/1761626993.html

quote:

THIS IS 88 CHRY CONQUEST TSI WITH TURBO NEED BODY WORK BUT RUNS GOOD JUST BRING SOME GAS IS LETHER INTERIO 2 DOORS IF YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHIG THAT YOU CAN GET IT FIX AND WORK ON IT , I HAVE THE CAR FOR YOU IF YOU NEED MORE INFO CALL ME AT 209-271-3789 ASK FOR MAYRA

This is probably a bad idea, but I have an unhealthy love for sports cars from the 80s and my other projects are all driveable at the moment, knock on wood, so that means I need another unreliable piece of poo poo, right?

TylerC 2.0
Jan 22, 2010
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961-Dune-Buggy-/300433327670?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item45f338c636

Dub dune buggy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Thanks for spoilering that, I have been meaning to watch that movie and hadn't gotten around to it yet. Wouldn't want it to be ruined before I see it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Why did the owner think it would be awesome putting chrome 22" wheels on it :psyduck:

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

I was going to report you, but it looks like someone beat me to it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I'd drive it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hey, check it out, something with fenders that can actually accommodate dubzzz.

What's the weight on each of those wheels, I wonder?

lugubriousmoron
Oct 6, 2004
Post!=Reply
My roommates and I are looking for someone to take a room for the summer. We posted the following ad:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/sub/1778799539.html

So far there have been 4 legit responses, including a self-proclaimed hot babe. Posting an add like this is actually a great way to weed out lame-os who don't know how to have fun.

Edit: Oh wow I totally just posted this in the wrong forum. I'm so sorry.

lugubriousmoron fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 7, 2010

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Pics of the hot babe please

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
Is there garage space? :v:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Some projects are just..... a real bad idea.

I found this trolling ebay for H1 parts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...Q5fTrucks#v4-52

:doh:

16.5K Starting bid for a 14 year old rusted truck chassis and a stripped H2 body tub.

While I like diesel transplants, this is just .. pants on head stupid. Considering you can get an 03 H2 complete and street legal for less than this and you can get a shop to professionally drop in a lift and cummings 5.9L powertrain swap for 15 grand parts and labor and be way ahead on this project.

I don't even know where to begin on this guys line of thought. Oh right... I just don't have the :siren: VISION :siren: for it.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 7, 2010

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

BigKOfJustice posted:

This is the ultimate "You just need to hook a few things up and it will be awesome" craigslist posting. Jesus Christ.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I think that by "vision" he means "crack cocaine".

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Hummer Seller posted:

you need VISION for this project.

Yeah, because looking at that nightmare made me gouge my eyes out.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BigKOfJustice posted:

I found this trolling ebay for H1 parts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...Q5fTrucks#v4-52

:doh:

16.5K Starting bid for a 14 year old rusted truck chassis and a stripped H2 body tub.

While I like diesel transplants, this is just .. pants on head stupid. Considering you can get an 03 H2 complete and street legal for less than this and you can get a shop to professionally drop in a lift and cummings 5.9L powertrain swap for 15 grand parts and labor and be way ahead on this project.

I don't even know where to begin on this guys line of thought. Oh right... I just don't have the :siren: VISION :siren: for it.

How is this even supposed to work? The wheelbase of the truck frame seems to be much longer than the body. Are you suppose to chop the frame in half or something?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
How cute.

I wish I had an Eve8. Then I would totally come down and talk about the trade with a straight face, all the way up to signing over the title. Then laugh hysterically for an hour or so.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 7, 2010

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Throatwarbler posted:

How is this even supposed to work? The wheelbase of the truck frame seems to be much longer than the body. Are you suppose to chop the frame in half or something?

You don't have enough crackvision.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Nitrox posted:

How cute.

I wish I had an Eve8. Then I would totally come down and talk about the trade with a straight face, all the way up to signing over the title. Then laugh hysterically for an hour or so.

Your Evo better be low mileage and blue, else you'll have to give him cash man

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That has to be a joke. Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Q_res posted:

That has to be a joke. Right?

Haha, I wish this was how it worked.

HI, I HAVE 1989 PRELUDE
AUTO
RED
129K MILES

LOOKING TO TRADE STRAIGHT UP FOR ACURA NSX, ANY YEAR
BLUE PREFERRED, BUT IF IT'S ANOTHER COLOR THAT'S STILL COOL, YOU JUST THROW CASH IN TOO
MUST HAVE LOW MILES

NO JOY RIDERS :argh: