Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
I actually blame deadmau5 100%

e: for the increase in bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Sgt. Muffin posted:

The reason that you guys have seen an increase of bros is because of sites like http://www.camelbackmusic.com/.

I Shot The Sherriff (Remix)- Bob Marley & Lil Wayne :ughh:

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...
Seeing as the music content on this page can go absolutely no direction but up, anyone got any thoughts on this?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

phractured posted:

That would be silly and obviously shortsighted to say. He only really blew up in 2009. Massives for mainstream bros existed before he started playing them.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 10, 2010

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

phractured posted:

nothing wrong with bro's, man.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Yeah I can't really hate on even the bro-est of dudes; just glad they're getting into music they would've been calling 'human being poo poo' a few years earlier.

MTM_F-
May 4, 2010

Mezzir posted:

This is awesome. One thing bugged me last night when I heard it first (you may have done it intentionally, I have no idea)...right before the second big buildup ends, the last vocal clip ('does it better') seems like its off beat with all of the others before it. I don't want to say it ruined the build, but it might have ruined my groove :( besides that its great!

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...

MTM_F- posted:

This is awesome. One thing bugged me last night when I heard it first (you may have done it intentionally, I have no idea)...right before the second big buildup ends, the last vocal clip ('does it better') seems like its off beat with all of the others before it. I don't want to say it ruined the build, but it might have ruined my groove :( besides that its great!

Yeah I had to move everything in the track to the right to make room for an intro (which I may cut anyways eventually) but something went wrong and a bunch of poo poo didn't lock to the beat properly. All the percussion was a beat and a half late originally, and I fixed that but upon listening you're right about that clip, thanks :)

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
Trance = Bros.

Electro-house = Next-gen Bros.

rustyw
Nov 27, 2005

mezzir posted:

Seeing as the music content on this page can go absolutely no direction but up, anyone got any thoughts on this?

Too much high frequencies. You're probably trying to make it sound brighter but here it's too much.

I think you should do three things about it: 1) be a little more liberal with your sidechained compressor (as in, it needs to reduce more gain of competing voices than it currently is). 2) Same goes for panning, you need to separate the voices out better. I dunno if you know this trick but a great way to separate some is to take an instrument, duplicate it, pan them hard left and right, and slightly delaying one of the tracks. That'll put it in its own space and also really fatten up the sound ("fake stereo"). 3) The gain structure is too even, the voices are all too close in volume (or maybe you compressed the master too much, either way).

I think you could improve on your builds. You should drop out more voices or something during those because right now they rely a little too much on the sweeps to take us there.

When the drop comes in with the bass it's not a big enough drop. The bassline rules, I think at the beginning of your tune (building up to that part) you should just either make the kick quieter or just use like a weaker sounding kick, then with that big drop put in the kick you have now. Either way there's just not enough difference between the beginning/buildup and the drop. You should make that buildup result in something more rewarding, and to do that I think you should just make the beginning a little less intense. You want to keep us interested, but your most intense moment should be the drop, where here you got too close to that in intensity before we even reached the drop.

If you put sidechain gain reduction on that loop with the hihats it'll make the little syncopated synth blips pop better, I promise

Otherwise, awesome sample, massive tune.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
Just a hint "bros" are probably getting into electro house stuff because it gets played in all the clubs they go to, they're bound to start knowing and getting into the music.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Fuklaw posted:

Just a hint "bros" are probably getting into electro house stuff because it gets played in all the clubs they go to, they're bound to start knowing and getting into the music.

If you remember, the bro jam of WMC to summer 2009 was Crookers remix of Day and Night.

\/\/\/\/ lol u're right I always mix them up. they're both italian, right?

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 11, 2010

rustyw
Nov 27, 2005

ManoliIsFat posted:

If you remember, the bro jam of WMC to summer 2009 was Bloody Beatroots remix of Day and Night.

That was Crookers

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I blame deadmau5. and dubstep. The combination of those two has made Santa Cruz an awful cesspool of electronic poo poo.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
I hate to tell you guys but Daft Punk at the la sports arena in 2007 was a brofest (at least where i was on the floor)... HARD events are ridiculously bro-y too...

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
have you guys ever considered that maybe the bros.... are u?

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Lysis posted:

Plot twist.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

drop music, not bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsK_DWYV17E

Dominique Young mixtape dropped!

incoherent fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 12, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
I really doubt there's a poster here who owns an Ed Hardy shirt.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
I know this may be a dumb question, but hopefully that bit of self deprecation will redeem me? Anyways, what are artists doing on their computer during a DJ set? Are they mixing on stage? I know RJD2 rocks his MPC, other artists have that 16x16 board of buttons, and some artists still use vinyl. What are the rest of these DJs doing? Did they just make a mix and play it from their computer or what?

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

phractured posted:

I know this may be a dumb question, but hopefully that bit of self deprecation will redeem me? Anyways, what are artists doing on their computer during a DJ set? Are they mixing on stage? I know RJD2 rocks his MPC, other artists have that 16x16 board of buttons, and some artists still use vinyl. What are the rest of these DJs doing? Did they just make a mix and play it from their computer or what?

RJD2 doesn't use laptops, he does straight vinyl.

most djs use ableton live or serato, depending on what they're doing. if they're using a table/mixer setup, there's a pretty decent chance it's serato while if it's more of a controller setup they're probably using ableton. and yes, they are mixing on stage. everyone does it differently though.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Slackerish posted:

RJD2 doesn't use laptops, he does straight vinyl.

most djs use ableton live or serato, depending on what they're doing. if they're using a table/mixer setup, there's a pretty decent chance it's serato while if it's more of a controller setup they're probably using ableton. and yes, they are mixing on stage. everyone does it differently though.

ive seen rjd2 use serato

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

phractured posted:

I usually look at my laptop because there are a bunch of people staring at me.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
So the laptop is a coping mechanism, gotcha.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Furnace posted:

Trance = Bros.

Electro-house = Next-gen Bros.

Waving an 32oz budlight in the air = bro

or a fireman

magnetbox
Jun 7, 2002

I Heart Thomas and Guy-Man

Mr Viper posted:

I hate to tell you guys but Daft Punk at the la sports arena in 2007 was a brofest (at least where i was on the floor)... HARD events are ridiculously bro-y too...

Agreed, as well as their set at Vegoose. The Miami bang show was surprisingly bro-free. (Tiesto was playing at the same time)

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Lysis posted:

Dont be silly most people in this thread have never been to see any decent dj.*

If they have its probs finished before 1am lmao.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
so who all is going to edc?

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

The Fresh Prince posted:

so who all is going to edc?

I'm goin friday! BT -> Jack Beats -> Swedish House Mafia -> deadmau5 / Moby

I'm going with my friend who's never been to a rave and never rolled before. She loves deadmau5, but I've seen him like 10 times already, and Moby is one of my favorite artists. But then again, deadmau5 always puts on a fun show. But then again, the crowd at deadmau5 will be giant and annoying.

Also, jesus christ this EDC trailer is amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u-vmk9iapQ&hd=1 ... Every time I watch it, I feel like I'm rolling (1:30 and on)

edit: gently caress I gotta stop watching that trailer

Mr Viper fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 15, 2010

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop
I'm playing in philly on friday! get at me if you are coming!

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Mr Viper posted:

I'm goin friday! BT -> Jack Beats -> Swedish House Mafia -> deadmau5 / Moby

I'm going with my friend who's never been to a rave and never rolled before. She loves deadmau5, but I've seen him like 10 times already, and Moby is one of my favorite artists. But then again, deadmau5 always puts on a fun show. But then again, the crowd at deadmau5 will be giant and annoying.

Also, jesus christ this EDC trailer is amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u-vmk9iapQ&hd=1 ... Every time I watch it, I feel like I'm rolling (1:30 and on)

edit: gently caress I gotta stop watching that trailer

The build up right before the 1:30 combined with the camera work is sweet.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
i'm not always the guy with the hottest new tracks, but those i like very much:

Fake Blood - I Think I Like It (Tommie Sunshine & Figure EC$TACY Edit)
Redial - The Boss (F.O.O.L. Remix)
Ocelot - Beating Hearts (Louis La Roche Remix)
Rebecca & Fiona - Luminary Ones (Nause Remix)
Herve - Blaze It (The Exo Remix)

ephex fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 15, 2010

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Love that herve - blaze it remix

Here a few I've bought in the last few weeks.

Aaren San - Apes From Space - Dirtyloud Remix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18KUVWn0Mpo
Fairly paint by numbers electro track.

Human Resource - Dominator Jaimie Fanatic Remix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NampY0p3CzM
bit old, but still bangs.

SOVNGER - Breathless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaxxMWTQdmw
Also look into Alex Gophers Day remix AND night remix.

MzKzM
Sep 16, 2007

if i ever hear one of those bajillion dominator remixes played out in a club i'm gonna stab the dj

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

MzKzM posted:

if i ever hear one of those bajillion dominator remixes played out in a club i'm gonna stab the dj

I'm Bigger
and Bolder
and Rougher
and Tougher
in other words Sucker:
there is no Other!

I'm the one and only Dominator.

Wanna kiss Myself.

rustyw
Nov 27, 2005

incoherent posted:

Aaren San - Apes From Space - Dirtyloud Remix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18KUVWn0Mpo
Fairly paint by numbers electro track.

This remix is insane, but prolly gonna get played out (it's like #5 on beatport right now)

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006
so did anyone go to demf or what

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

MzKzM posted:

The bloghouse movement is on a total "classics" kick right now. Acid house, dutch house... be on the look out.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

MzKzM posted:

Am I the only other one who likes that remix?

How do we feel about Hyper Crush, by the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rustyw
Nov 27, 2005

ManoliIsFat posted:

The bloghouse movement is on a total "classics" kick right now. Acid house, dutch house... be on the look out.

Yeah so can someone tell me what the deal with dutch house is? I hear it everywhere and I guess I'm hearing these tunes played out but I dunno which ones they are