Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread
hmmm the ghost inside are coming over here with Parkway Drive and TDWP for a tiny club show, will have to check that poo poo out. They must be really keen on breaking new territory for a gig out here. New Parkway samples sound off the chain too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sw1gger
Sep 19, 2004
meowcakes
Posted this in the Punk/Hardcore thread as well, but I figured you lads may enjoy it. I was able to shoot some video of Converge playing in Atlanta last week - pretty sick show if you ask me, especially considering it wasn't nearly as packed as I thought it would be.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNIZBtp8Bx4

Gaza ruled, too - I'll have a video of them by next week more than likely.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

The new Avenged Sevenfold single is in the same vein as their last album, by which I mean "meh".

The Powerless Rise is really growing on me though.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
JULY 20

edit: wellp, I guess the picture was too big. try to guess what it was!

krustster fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 8, 2010

Cutsman
Apr 11, 2005

scissors on his fucking head

elTeddy posted:

hmmm the ghost inside are coming over here with Parkway Drive and TDWP for a tiny club show, will have to check that poo poo out. They must be really keen on breaking new territory for a gig out here. New Parkway samples sound off the chain too.

i'm far more excited for the ghost inside coming than parkway, they seem to come once a year but they've never had a $75 ticket price like this :argh:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wish the pwd album would just leak already.

Did y'all see the new devil sold his soul: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oj8PzxB044

Owns.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009

A5H posted:

I wish the pwd album would just leak already.

Did y'all see the new devil sold his soul: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oj8PzxB044

Owns.

This owns! It Owns!

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
Gave Whitechapel's new album a run through tonight. Nothing hit me as much as Possession did off of This is Exile, but overall I thought the album shred pretty heavily. Blast beats out the butthole.

Also since I wouldn't feel right posting in this thread without rampant PWD fanboigasming everywhere, they have a video out for Sleepwalker :3:

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread

Cutsman posted:

i'm far more excited for the ghost inside coming than parkway, they seem to come once a year but they've never had a $75 ticket price like this :argh:

drat that does not bode well for ticket prices here.

i'm still gutted on missing out on acacia strain and a day to remember (mainly the former) for 30 bucks!! gahhhh. Parkways reception here wasn't that great last time so hopefully tickets haven't gone up too much haha.

Zento
Dec 22, 2006
I've been following this thread for a while now, lots of awesome bands I've found and it's cool to see so many other people liking the same music.

My band has just released a song and a new layout for an upcoming up. Let me know what you think:

http://www.myspace.com/ofblackestoceans

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
If this hasn't been recommended already;

Carcer City 'The Life We Have Chosen'
MySpace
Spotify
Sample song on YouTube 'Silence'

I'm checkin 'em out this weekend at Rock City in Nottingham, UK with Monuments and While She Sleeps, can't wait! Enjoy!

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008
New Parkway Drive song on their myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/parkwaydrive

WHAT THE gently caress HAVE I BECOME!!

brutal.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Holy poo poo that song is awesome. I haven't enjoyed a heavy song like that in a long time, feels good

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

The song was pretty good, but the breakdown at the end was kind of weak :\

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I think these dudes belong in the Metal thread nowadays but still: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIrCbfJb2E

Acacia Strain - Jonestown

Single from the new record "Wormwood". Consider that poo poo pre-ordered. This song owns.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Wamsutta posted:

I think these dudes belong in the Metal thread nowadays but still: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIrCbfJb2E

Acacia Strain - Jonestown

Single from the new record "Wormwood". Consider that poo poo pre-ordered. This song owns.

holy fucken :byodood::gizz:

alternate version of my reaction: :supaburn::gizz:

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread
phew!! that is loving awesome. thank god for that. what i'm really loving is 'upside down kingdom' - as i lay dying. just for today that is song is rocking my face so hard.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Spinning the new Parkway Drive as i type this, and its awesome. They're on a winning formula and dont really deviate from it much, but goddamn they do it well. :australia:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Windmill Hut posted:

Spinning the new Parkway Drive as i type this, and its awesome. They're on a winning formula and dont really deviate from it much, but goddamn they do it well. :australia:

Wowwwwwwww, I "got" the album as well and on the first listen I was like "this is good, but I'm not familiar enough with it yet to make a call." Then I listened to it again immediately and OH MY GOD :w00t:

I just got done listening for the third time. I say the best song by far is "Leviathan I", I've already listened to that one like 10 times in the last few hours.

THE ABYSS STARES BACK!!

Think
Sep 20, 2005

I'm with you guys. Great album, can't wait to spin it again.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007
I loving love you metalcore thread for telling me when albums leak. Holy poo poo this is so heavy.

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008

krustster posted:

Wowwwwwwww, I "got" the album as well and on the first listen I was like "this is good, but I'm not familiar enough with it yet to make a call." Then I listened to it again immediately and OH MY GOD :w00t:

I just got done listening for the third time. I say the best song by far is "Leviathan I", I've already listened to that one like 10 times in the last few hours.

THE ABYSS STARES BACK!!

Yes, the album is brutal is gently caress. Leviathan I is definitely one of my faves. I like Deliver me the best though. I'm happy this turned out awesome.

TORN IIIINNNN TWOOOO!

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
Welp. So much for School work tonight. Parkway Drive album on 'tube? gently caress yes. This poo poo owns so hard.

EDIT: I've also heard that All Shall Perish's drummer was replaced by Sea of Treachery's. A lot of poo poo going down with ASP in the last couple years, I hope they still continue kicking rear end.

m3talh3ad fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 19, 2010

beadgc
Jun 11, 2005
bass
Does anybody know of any bands that have a similiar sound to Converge?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's miles better than horizons.
I really hate that lame wooooaaaaaah-oooooohhhhhhhhhhh song though.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Listening to new Parkway now and I'm either just not in the mood for it or it's just totally not turning me on. I had heard a live version of Unrest a few months ago which sounded so much better and full of energy than the studio version.

So disappointed right now, hope my opinion changes :(

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

MMMCCLI posted:

Listening to new Parkway now and I'm either just not in the mood for it or it's just totally not turning me on. I had heard a live version of Unrest a few months ago which sounded so much better and full of energy than the studio version.

So disappointed right now, hope my opinion changes :(

don't be a wet blanket, listen to it a few more times and then come back and admit you were bad and wrong

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Yeah, seriously. If you don't like Deep Blue you are wrong and have no taste. It's my favourite of their three albums, I think.

SteelFusion
Jan 10, 2006

that cow college

One of my favorite things is that they re-recorded "Hollow Man" from their first EP - that disc has a bunch of great songs that most new Parkway Drive fans have never heard.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

SteelFusion posted:

One of my favorite things is that they re-recorded "Hollow Man" from their first EP - that disc has a bunch of great songs that most new Parkway Drive fans have never heard.

Honestly I don't even really like their old (pre-KWAS) stuff much, and although I wish I could be like "WHOA THIS OLD TAPE I UNEARTHED IS AWESOME" it's also pretty cool to look at how drastically they've improved over the course of their career. The jump in quality between each album is insane.

Also, to anyone who was able to see them on tour with The Ghost Inside, go gently caress yourself :mad: :commissar:

:smith:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

m3talh3ad posted:

Welp. So much for School work tonight. Parkway Drive album on 'tube? gently caress yes. This poo poo owns so hard.

EDIT: I've also heard that All Shall Perish's drummer was replaced by Sea of Treachery's. A lot of poo poo going down with ASP in the last couple years, I hope they still continue kicking rear end.

Yeah I was kinda thrown by that news too, but ASP has been so good over the years that it's hard to imagine them decreasing in quality. Oh and let's not forget that their lead guitarist left too. I would be upset but I decided to just go with it and hope for something cool and different, like their last album which was pretty different and ended up being my favorite.

Sea of Treachery was pretty terrible live but I do like their CD a lot. I don't know whose fault the bad live performance was. They had no bass player on stage but I can't remember if he skipped or if they just usually play without one. Either way they were really off-sync with each other and everything was pretty weak, though "Never Was a Picket Fence Guy" (or whatever) and also the "can't turn these ships around" songs were still really good.

SteelFusion
Jan 10, 2006

that cow college

krustster posted:

Honestly I don't even really like their old (pre-KWAS) stuff much, and although I wish I could be like "WHOA THIS OLD TAPE I UNEARTHED IS AWESOME" it's also pretty cool to look at how drastically they've improved over the course of their career. The jump in quality between each album is insane.

Yeah, that's one of the things I enjoy the most about Parkway. They don't really deviate too much from their standard formula, but they still manage to branch out just enough and improve so much between each album. Almost every other metalcore band either becomes incredibly generic or tries to change too much and just turns into poo poo.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Deep Blue loving owns. I was completely wrong about this CD and I'm glad I was. I really liked the redo they did for Hollow Man - Don't Close Your Eyes was a great EP. Unrest is like the only meh song in there. I think my favorite is either Sleepwalker or Leviathan I. Pressure loving destroys, too.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

A5H posted:

It's miles better than horizons.
I really hate that lame wooooaaaaaah-oooooohhhhhhhhhhh song though.

Out of morbid curiosity, what song is this? I want to see the "bad" songs on the new album. If there are any that is :smuggo:

EDIT: Okay I found it. Home is for the Heartless. Definitely wasn't expecting melodic poo poo on here. But if its the weakest on here I can deal with that. I liked the outtro :shobon:

m3talh3ad fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 21, 2010

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

m3talh3ad posted:

Out of morbid curiosity, what song is this? I want to see the "bad" songs on the new album. If there are any that is :smuggo:

EDIT: Okay I found it. Home is for the Heartless. Definitely wasn't expecting melodic poo poo on here. But if its the weakest on here I can deal with that. I liked the outtro :shobon:

I really don't think it's that bad - Unrest is worse in my opinion.

I've been listening to Leviathan I a bit more and holy poo poo the ending loving owns.

beadgc
Jun 11, 2005
bass
Does anybody have the set lists for the Converge/Kylesa/Gaza/Kvelertak tour? I'm seeing them in about a month in Malmö och Gothenburg and would like to get a bit more familiar with the supporting acts 'til then.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
I need something new (for me anyway) to hold me over till Parkway comes out. What are some songs to start off with for bands like Bring me the Horizon, We Came as Romans,or anything tastey you can recommend? I need something to blast my nuts off for a week.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

BMTH has a lot of good songs from their last album. Death Breath, The Comedown, Sleep With One Eye Open, Chelsea Smile, all good choices.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

m3talh3ad posted:

I need something new (for me anyway) to hold me over till Parkway comes out. What are some songs to start off with for bands like Bring me the Horizon, We Came as Romans,or anything tastey you can recommend? I need something to blast my nuts off for a week.

You might also enjoy Thy Art is Murder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao-DglbkzUU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006
My band's album is finally out, and since we're only selling them at shows, I'm pretty sure you guys will never get a chance to buy it. So, here's a Something Awful exclusive free download link for the full album. Feedbacks are more than welcome.

If you want some info about the music before downloading, I'd qualify the music we do as Melodic Deathcore, with a slight twist. As the main composer for the band, my main influences are As I Lay Dying, Black Dahlia Murder, and pretty much all the music I've ever listened to.

http://rapidshare.com/files/402776950/Obsek_-_Traumatic_Experiment.rar.html

If you really like the album, add us on Myspace @ https://www.myspace.com/obsek

(If you've listened to the last AILD album and notice similarities between the breakdown at the end of Then, I Relapse and AILD's Anodyne Sea's breakdown, think that our album was recorded before they even entered studio for that album, and that we had sent some rough tracks to Tim Lambesis (their singer) for him to give us a price for mastering our album. Coincidence? I do think so.)