Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

ye mighty huntress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

Lord Rumples Shoppe posted:

ye mighty huntress

This is a pretty cat. Wanna' pet that cat.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
took my cat to a park because shes stuck in an apartment 24/7 and she immediately bolted for a bird, failed to capture it and then was harassed by magpies for the next 10 mins till she started crying at me :rock:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Kirk posted:

took my cat to a park because shes stuck in an apartment 24/7 and she immediately bolted for a bird, failed to capture it and then was harassed by magpies for the next 10 mins till she started crying at me :rock:

We've got yellow-billed magpies in my neck of the woods.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
magpies are superintelligent assholes

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Some neighborhood rear end in a top hat, or kids or whatever caught our family cat and clipped all his claws down to the cuticle. Now he won't go outside. Also, he had cuts on the sides of his eyes (right where the eyelids meet).

I'm pretty pissed off right now.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

LamoTheKid posted:

Some neighborhood rear end in a top hat, or kids or whatever caught our family cat and clipped all his claws down to the cuticle. Now he won't go outside. Also, he had cuts on the sides of his eyes (right where the eyelids meet).

wow, gently caress that. if i were in your shoes i'd hope to never find out who it was because i'd do something very irresponsible.

one more reason to keep the cat inside, i guess :(

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kirk posted:

magpies are superintelligent assholes

all corvids are smart as gently caress

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

LamoTheKid posted:

pet all cats; kill all humans

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

rotor posted:

pet all cats; kill all humans

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i remember some 'life after humans' thing i read or watched talked about how if all humans disappeared it would basically be housecats and their descendants running poo poo for a long while as the dominant predators in most areas of heavy human habitation

also dogs but they gave some reasonings as to why dogs would be less successful, i dont remember why but a lot of dog breeds are simply incapable of fending for themselves whereas pretty much every domestic cat breed can switch from adorable pile of fur to relentless hunter/killer in seconds

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

i remember some 'life after humans' thing i read or watched talked about how if all humans disappeared it would basically be housecats and their descendants running poo poo for a long while as the dominant predators in most areas of heavy human habitation

also dogs but they gave some reasonings as to why dogs would be less successful, i dont remember why but a lot of dog breeds are simply incapable of fending for themselves whereas pretty much every domestic cat breed can switch from adorable pile of fur to relentless hunter/killer in seconds

that seems sort of stupid, you get packs of feral dogs everywhere and humans aren't even extinct yet

i mean, i assume that in the post-human era that maybe like your daschunds and corgis and whatnot may not really make the cut, but come on

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

rotor posted:

that seems sort of stupid, you get packs of feral dogs everywhere and humans aren't even extinct yet

i mean, i assume that in the post-human era that maybe like your daschunds and corgis and whatnot may not really make the cut, but come on

the assumption was that A) humans just vanished one day (think 'Left Behind' but more plausible) and B) most animals locked in their houses would die off

so that kills off a lot of cats and dogs, but since a lot of cats are indoor/outdoor a large percentage are fine. then the dogs trapped in yards die off. any stupid small dogs like corgis and poo poo wouldnt really make the cut in a dog pack anyway afaik. so right off the bat there's gonna be more cats than dogs, and the few dogs that escape would be neutered are spayed since iirc they have a higher percentage of bein' fixed

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

rotor posted:

yeah but the dogs feed on human garbage while the cats feed on birds and mice and stuff that would stick around

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
have you guys never read animal farm? ffs they turn into humans

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

ShadowHawk posted:

yeah but the dogs feed on human garbage while the cats feed on birds and mice and stuff that would stick around

this too, in the wild dog packs and wolfpacks are typically gonna be taking down larger game that isn't readily available like mice, squirrels and birds are

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

the assumption was that A) humans just vanished one day (think 'Left Behind' but more plausible)

ok, well, stupid premise status: found

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

this too, in the wild dog packs and wolfpacks are typically gonna be taking down larger game that isn't readily available like mice, squirrels and birds are

well there's apparently lots of cats to eat so ...

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

rotor posted:

ok, well, stupid premise status: found

well yeah its a dumb premise, im just sayin you fuckin geezer. anyway i'm sure in reality if that happened it might work out differently but their prediction was basically: In large urban areas, cats are gonna be way better off than any other predatory species till nature catches up

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
dogs rely on humans and cats don't wowowewow

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM

Kirk posted:

yeah its not like how in many places in america we poisoned the wolves off so theres an overabundance of deer or anything

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
yeah i cant walk through the park downtown without running into a rough looking pack of deer

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i don't really think you guys have ever seen a pack of feral dogs, they'll eat basically anything, and deer will show up in formerly suburban areas pretty quickly

and I know what you're sayin Kirk but anything following the phrase "our prediction in the case that billions of human beings instantly vanish without a trace is ..." is sort of pointless

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
whenever i go to the quik-e-mart i always feel nervous when there's a bunch of deer in the store, staring me down. i wish they'd move back to their homeland.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

yeah i cant walk through the park downtown without running into a rough looking pack of deer

weren't you the dude who posted teh youtube of a deer roamning through suburbia beating up the local dogz?

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

rotor posted:

and I know what you're sayin Kirk but anything following the phrase "our prediction in the case that billions of human beings instantly vanish without a trace is ..." is sort of pointless

well yeah thats why they almost exclusively interviewed people in academia :xd:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

rotor posted:

weren't you the dude who posted teh youtube of a deer roamning through suburbia beating up the local dogz?

yearp

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ok, well, case closed then

good work everyone, way to hustle

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

except you flyboi, you're cut

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
they didnt say dogs would just instantly die off, there would be a lotta dog packs roaming around. they said cats would be better off by a significant margin

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
im a cat. this is why i feel so strongly about this. meow. =^_^= <-- this is me

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
:saddowns:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

who's a kitty? are you a big kitty? yes! yes you are a kitty! yes you are!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i think i postd this already but

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Kirk posted:

I saw this too. The reason they gave about dogs being less successful is that we've bred them to be unable to survive in the wild. Dogs with short legs wouldn't be able to catch prey as easily, dogs with short snouts would have trouble rooting things out, purebreds have a lot of health defects, etc. The dogs that would survive would be the mutts.

There was a show on Animal Planet a ways back that did a countdown to the #1 predator in the animal world and it ended up being the domesticated cat. The only criteria I remember was the high variety of prey they hunt.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

fork bomb posted:

The dogs that would survive would be the mutts.

there are a shitload of mutts tho

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
yeah gently caress this stupid topic back to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4v4TMqrbhE

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

First picture I found when I googled Cats.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Kirk posted:

aftermath: population zero? it was on again today and i caughty the part where they talk about all the unsupervised nuclear reactors exploding because they wouldn't have auto shutdown or anything :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008