Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Seinfeld catchphrases are of those things that make me wish I lived in an English speaking country.

That's a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wotan
Aug 15, 2009

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
These pretzels... are making me thirsty!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
I make Seinfeld references constantly when I know for sure that no one will pick up on it. I don't care, I do it for me.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Barnum posted:

I love George panting at the thought of how thirsty these pretzels are making him. True acting.

One small bit that always catches me off guard is this part in The Non-Fat Yogurt:

Jerry: "Well, I think the whole thing stinks."

Elaine: "It smells. Smells bad. Smells really bad."

Jerry: "That's enough."

Elaine: "What?"

Jerry: "Well, with the smells"

And it immediately cuts away as soon as Jerry shoots her down.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Barnum posted:

My friend works in a small office, and the owner is a real prick.

This is what they yell when the boss does something that really pisses off the workers. It makes me laugh just to think about it.

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

spanky the dolphin posted:

I love George panting at the thought of how thirsty these pretzels are making him. True acting.

One small bit that always catches me off guard is this part in The Non-Fat Yogurt:

That also reminds me of this one from the Burning:

George: Woah, back it up, back it up. Beep, beep, beep. Tractor story?

Jerry: Beep, beep, beep? What are you doing?

GardenState
Jan 10, 2006
Hop on my scooter!
Or when Jerry comments on George's use of the phrase 'Let's cut to the chase'. I love those little things on Seinfeld.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
I'm still waiting for the day when a close friend calls me in a panic about something, so I can ask "Who is this?"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I hope to one day get engaged, and then break it off, so at the very end of a conversation with my mom i can go "By the way I'm not getting married tell dad, bye."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I routinely take a sip of coffee after telling someone that "maybe you'll strike one up with the prince of darkness as you burn in hell for all eternity."

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Whenever I'm around things in real life that are cold, I say, "'Dis son-of-a-bitch is ice cold." with a poo poo eating grin.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the episode where George tries to break up with a girl, but she won't accept it, so he "cheats" on her and stages it so he'll be caught, and neither woman will use that to justify a break-up, and he's just caught in this hell?

The only other thing I remember from it is George literally making a list of why they should break up, and her just shutting him down.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Dickeye posted:

What's the episode where George tries to break up with a girl, but she won't accept it, so he "cheats" on her and stages it so he'll be caught, and neither woman will use that to justify a break-up, and he's just caught in this hell?

The only other thing I remember from it is George literally making a list of why they should break up, and her just shutting him down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6MJwZ-O9o

It's called "The Strongbox", I think.

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

Dickeye posted:

"Oh, I'm caught in my own web of lies!"

That episode is the Strongbox.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Gyshall posted:

The "other woman" looks like a Caucasian in ganguro-face.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Also reminds me of... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZq3GVagQo

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

80k posted:

That also reminds me of this one from the Burning:

George: Woah, back it up, back it up. Beep, beep, beep. Tractor story?

Jerry: Beep, beep, beep? What are you doing?
I don't remember if it's this scene or another similar one, but George gets this expression on his face like he really has no idea what he's doing. I love that.

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

Lord Hydronium posted:

I don't remember if it's this scene or another similar one, but George gets this expression on his face like he really has no idea what he's doing. I love that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26o3PWLA-o&feature=related

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Goddamn that clip is loaded with thing I could point out as hilarious, but it really is Jason Alexander's face at the end that gets me the most.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Gyshall posted:

The way George says "Alright" at the end never fails to make me chortle.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This has always been one of my favorite moments. I also love when George is talking to Susan's parents after she's dead.

George : Uh, Mrs. Ross, it's - it's George.
Mrs. Ross: Who?
George : George Costanza, Susan's, uh, friend?...
Jerry : *hilarious look of disapproval*

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
"The Strike" when everyone is gathered at Frank's Festivus table and two-face Gwen shows up unexpectedly, catching Jerry in what she thinks is a date with Elaine who looks awful because of the bagel steambath earlier. Kramer loudly proclaims "Another Festivus Miracle!" and Jerry immediately shoots him the most malicious eye-daggers he ever brings out in the series, to which Kramer recoils in fear. It's outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xi9kgnvjQE#t=2m05s Low quality, but the only copy of the clip I could find. :xd:

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 21, 2010

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

hall n oates mom posted:

two-face Gwen

Like the Batman villain?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

JethroMcB posted:

Like the Batman villain?

If that helps you.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Bring back more tv shows with slap bass in them.

for the love of god.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
YOU'RE A RABID ANTI-DENTITE!

Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs.

HEY DENTIE!

Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

hall n oates mom posted:

"The Strike" when everyone is gathered at Frank's Festivus table and two-face Gwen shows up unexpectedly, catching Jerry in what she thinks is a date with Elaine who looks awful because of the bagel steambath earlier. Kramer loudly proclaims "Another Festivus Miracle!" and Jerry immediately shoots him the most malicious eye-daggers he ever brings out in the series, to which Kramer recoils in fear. It's outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xi9kgnvjQE#t=2m05s Low quality, but the only copy of the clip I could find. :xd:

That lead me to this, which reminded me how much I love the Serenity Now episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxkDsccylAk&feature=related

"Hoochie mama! Hoochie maaamaaaa!!"

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!
Man, I was really young when the show originally aired, so I didn't understand it at all and hated when my dad would watch it. Then I saw reruns, and couldn't stop laughing my rear end off. It's just so easy to relate to, because there's nothing really too hard to "get," but it still tells a story better than other sitcoms in spite of the fact it doesn't really have a grander plot. I love it! :)

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

TMMadman posted:

YOU'RE A RABID ANTI-DENTITE!

Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs.

HEY DENTIE!

Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.

They do have their own schools!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

BlackJosh posted:

That lead me to this, which reminded me how much I love the Serenity Now episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxkDsccylAk&feature=related

"Hoochie mama! Hoochie maaamaaaa!!"
Watching a traumatized Kramer rock placidly back and forth in the chair outside his screen door while muttering "serenity now" is a grand culmination of his plot in that episode, about which everything is grand. Simply seeing him to be wrestled to the ground by a barrage of silly string while George is asleep at the hose switch, paralyzed in fear at Jerry's touchy feely advance is unimitable.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 22, 2010

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Something I just remembered which was just such a neat little added extra was the time George calls up to Jerry's apartment while he's having a conversation with Elaine or Kramer. Jerry buzzes him in and goes back to talking when the intercom buzzes again, Jerry walks over and asks,"What?" and you hear George quietly, miserably say,"......I missed it...." in regards to being buzzed in.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

"The Strongbox" is a really great episode.

I love how George is once again eating something that's been technically contaminated, (he found it in the sewer) but still not quite garbage yet.

Jerry: *disgusted look* Where did you get that..?

George: ..I bought it.

also

"HEY KRAMER!!! I DUG FREDO UP, NOW LET'S CUT HIM OPEN!!!"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

"Hey, neighbor!"

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I bought the complete boxset earlier in the month and I just finished the third season. The Limo is definitely one of my favorite episodes of all time. Just seeing George try to play a convincing Nazi is hilarious. George reading the speech about Jews and then Jerry going, "Are you really going to open with that?" never fails to make me laugh.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Any opinions on worst episodes? Larry David in a lot of the dvd bonus material clearly states one in particular stands out but never says what it is, same with Jerry.

The last two seasons are def. a low point but what still stands out as the worst to me is The Puerto Rican Day, especially as the second to last real episode. Sure there are a few good moments with all the fake names but it's so very, VERY un-Seinfeld to me. It seemed to be a very lame attempt to recreate The Chinese Restaurant or The Parking Garage and is always so grating to watch. For periods of time literally nothing happens when they're in traffic and it just plain goes nowhere. Even New York Street stands out as being nothing but a studio set for the only time of the entire series as well.

They had something going with the bleachers/poseidon adventure schtick but it was too short and way way too forced to be pulled off right.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

got dat wmd posted:

Any opinions on worst episodes? Larry David in a lot of the dvd bonus material clearly states one in particular stands out but never says what it is, same with Jerry.

I have a few ones that I tend to avoid but they're generally for petty reasons. I don't like The Barber for the way it substitutes the slap bass for something other than slap bass. I don't like the Trip, and a fair bit of seasons one and two solely because the pacing isn't at the level it reaches later. I feel like the show doesn't hit its stride until early to mid season 3. I also don't like the Mohel in The Bris and the guy whose thumbs get broken in The Susie.

The remaining 99% of the show is about the best comedy around as far as I'm concerned though.

The Puerto Rican Day has heaps of great moments though. The laser pointer, 'that's gotta hurt', the rivalry between black Saab and maroon Golf, the Poseidon ripoff, and the gay street toughs making a reappearance.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I also don't like the Mohel in The Bris and the guy whose thumbs get broken in The Susie.

She was MURDERED -- by JERRY SEINFELD!!

72o
Dec 14, 2007

You look like you're five years old!

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart

ChickenMedium posted:

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back.

the aftermath posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_nCmj9IyLo

No question this might've been the best cast choice in the history of tv.
This is probably my favorite Frank line of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DrBouvenstein posted:

As I was eating my doughnut this morning, with a knife and fork, natch, I was reminded of Elaine's outburst at New York City having gone mad and using knife and forks for their doughnuts and candy bars.

"Are you insane?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?"

You think that's bad? In England I regularly see people eating burgers with a knife and fork.

That's perverse.