Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

But he wasn't a pig man, was he :colbert:
FAT LITTLE MENTAL PATIENT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

We got some chickens a couple months ago and I named one of them "Little Jerry".

Nobody gets the name :smith:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Alterian posted:

We got some chickens a couple months ago and I named one of them "Little Jerry".

Little Jerry was a rooster. :colbert:

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

So who's having sex with the hen?

Full circle here folks.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

LividLiquid posted:

But to be fair, Kramer did name him Little Jerry before he even knew he was a rooster.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Alterian posted:

Little Jerry ran from here to Newman's in under 30 seconds!

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Little Jerry ran from here to Newman's in under 30 seconds!

Is that good?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

got dat wmd posted:

Full circle here folks.

I must be at the nexus of the universe!

A RAD MUSTACHE
Feb 1, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Speaking of The Strongbox it has probably the scene I laughed the hardest at on first viewing. The entire thing with Jerry not letting his neighbor into the building and just shrugging him off while the guy stares in disappointment/bewilderment loving killed me and then the reveal that he lives like 2 doors down from Jerry was loving amazing.

I never realized how much I liked this show even though I've been watching it forever, just everything about it, it has that 90s feel thats so dope and its legitimately funny

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A RAD MUSTACHE posted:

Speaking of The Strongbox it has probably the scene I laughed the hardest at on first viewing. The entire thing with Jerry not letting his neighbor into the building and just shrugging him off while the guy stares in disappointment/bewilderment loving killed me and then the reveal that he lives like 2 doors down from Jerry was loving amazing.

My favorite part of that is Jerry and (George? Elaine?) standing really uncomfortably waiting for the elevator and Jerry whispering,"Is he still standing there?"

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

got dat wmd posted:

Any opinions on worst episodes?

I would say the backwards episode is up there (or down there).

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

neoboman posted:

I would say the backwards episode is up there (or down there).

I love the backwards episode

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!
I still don't fully understand the backwards episode. Then again, I haven't seen it in maybe 5+ years. Still.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I have no idea why people dislike the backwards episode. I remember watching it way back when it first aired, and just laughing hysterically at everything. (Granted, I was 10 or 11 at the time...) How can you not love the slow reveal of why Kramer gets creamed with a snowball, or his lollipop?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Also the bit where Jerry first moves into the building at the end (beginning?) of the episode. They retcon why Kramer was called Kessler in the pilot, too. :v:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The Stranded is probably my least favorite episode. I don't know why, but I often skip over it if I happen to be watching the 3rd season.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
I don't particularly like Male Unbonding. For some reason I find The Busboy an uncomfortable episode to watch, same goes with The Opera. Other than those and the clip shows I pretty much find the series flawless, even the Finale.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Stuntman Mike posted:

I still don't fully understand the backwards episode. Then again, I haven't seen it in maybe 5+ years. Still.

It's a parody of a play, also called "The Betrayal", and has a similar plot. The DVD lets you play it forwards, too :v:

Also, loving the new title because it's a pretty obscure reference.

Chicken Boo
Mar 20, 2009

I wear a disguise to look like human guys.

HateTheInternet posted:

I don't particularly like Male Unbonding. For some reason I find The Busboy an uncomfortable episode to watch, same goes with The Opera. Other than those and the clip shows I pretty much find the series flawless, even the Finale.

I try not to watch Male Unbonding because I'm in that exact same situation and it depresses me to think I'll still have that problem when I'm Jerry's age. The Busboy has some great lines from Jerry when they're at the restaurant but after that it just gets too awkward for me.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Stuntman Mike posted:

What's to understand? It goes backwards.

Hope that cleared things up for you. :)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Human Cow posted:

I must be at the nexus of the universe!
One of my regular shows is at a bar on the corner of Fremont and Fremont. I get to use this line more often than I ever thought possible.

How can a street intersect with itself?!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I used to have this sound clip on my computer of Jerry saying "What the heck is email?" in this totally bewildered tone. I have no idea of the context but I used it as my new email sound for years because I found it halarious. It's such a good example of how 90s that show is.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

One of my regular shows is at a bar on the corner of Fremont and Fremont. I get to use this line more often than I ever thought possible.

How can a street intersect with itself?!

I use it every time I'm at 1st and 1st. :smug:

EDIT: Also, the thing on Seinfeld I never understood was the two-line phone that Jerry gets. Do these actually exist? I always thought you either had to have 2 separate phone lines coming into you apartment with a 2-line phone, or the phone company had to support and activate call waiting.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 23, 2010

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Karl Rove posted:

Also, loving the new title because it's a pretty obscure reference.

Should be changed to "Cleveland 117, San Antonio 109."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

McSpanky posted:

There was an SA Contest a few years ago. It was horrible.

I made it to the top 10! :(

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

I made it to the top 10! :(

Man, if you made it to the top 10, and then went on to NOT win, you would have been better of not even playing.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

OldSenileGuy posted:

EDIT: Also, the thing on Seinfeld I never understood was the two-line phone that Jerry gets. Do these actually exist? I always thought you either had to have 2 separate phone lines coming into you apartment with a 2-line phone, or the phone company had to support and activate call waiting.

Isn't that what happened?He only had the phone so it didn't work.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

That's actually from a scene in the backwards episode. It was supposed to take place 5 years before the majority of the episode. So the idea that people didn't know what email is was already a joke when he said it.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
He's beboppin' and scattin' AND I'M LOSIN' IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eaUXkicnXQ

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

OldSenileGuy posted:

Man, if you made it to the top 10, and then went on to NOT win, you would have been better of not even playing.

Just like Survivor.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Dr_Amazing posted:

Isn't that what happened?He only had the phone so it didn't work.

poo poo, is that what happened? I always just went along with what they said in the episode, that Kramer gave Jerry a poo poo phone.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dr_Amazing posted:

So what was the thing that made you decide you loved the show? For me I was too young to really like a lot of it, until I saw the frogger episode. I think everyone who ever played video games has lost a saved game and knows exactly how George felt.

What was that trucker's problem anyway?

The one where the lady gets her pinky toe cut off, specifically the line about how it just sits there looking cut and Kramer's description of trying to get it reattached.

"The bus is OUT OF CONTROL"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dickeye posted:

The one where the lady gets her pinky toe cut off, specifically the line about how it just sits there looking cut and Kramer's description of trying to get it reattached.

"The bus is OUT OF CONTROL"

"Wait... You kept making all the stops?"
"Well they kept RINGING THE BELL!!"

I also love that moment when we get a shot of Jerry and George, and Jerry just looks so very entralled and captivated by what Kramer's saying.

I love that whole scene, but who doesn't?

This scene, and the end of the Marine Biologist episode would make excellent scenes to memorize for some sort of audition or something.

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something
Thruth is everhywhere on media but how is represented to you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u5A7BFziQ
FreeIndividua — May 16, 2009 — They give us truth through jokes on media, movies specially.
Yes,there is cure for cancer and this is absolutely true and this is way how to tell us through ridiculous.

So why do they tell us if we aren't supposed to know? Man this is too much for me.

It's always great when you go looking for some specific scene on youtube and end up finding a whole nest of whackos.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Apparently, the jerk store called, and they're running out of Lady Gaga.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I loved this scene from The Beard when Jerry was on the polygraph. Everyone was secretly obsessed with Melrose Place in the 90's.

Lou: What's your name?
Jerry: Jerry Seinfeld.
Lou: What is your address?
Jerry: 129 West 81st street
Lou: Did Kimberly steal Jo's baby?
Jerry: I don't know.

Camera shot on the polygraph. The pen moves back and forth on the paper.

Lou: Did Billy sleep with Allison's best friend?

Camera shot on the polygraph. The pen moves back and forth on the paper. Lou and Sergeant Tierney look at each other.

Lou: Did Jane's finance kidnap Sydney and take her to Las Vegas? And if so, did she enjoy it?
Lou: Did Jane sleep with Michael again?
Jerry: (He hesitates) Yes! That stupid idiot. He left her for Kimberly, he slept with her sister. He tricked her into giving him half her business, and then she goes ahead and sleeps with him again. I mean she's crazy. How could she do something like that? Oh that Jane, she makes me so mad.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 23, 2010

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Son of Dad.

Hahaha I also love Jerry's reaction to his girlfriend's declaration of shock over him never having gone dancing. "Probably because its so stupid."

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

quote:

I look at Lady Gaga the way Keith Hernandez watches these kids when they pull the pocket out, they wear the inside-out pocket. ... Do you think he understands that? He can't understand that. That's a new game, that's kids."

what in the gently caress is he talking about with that pocket stuff

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

poo poo, is that what happened? I always just went along with what they said in the episode, that Kramer gave Jerry a poo poo phone.

Nah, it can't be -- whether the sound was bleeding through or not, he was on two simultaneous calls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

WoG posted:

Nah, it can't be -- whether the sound was bleeding through or not, he was on two simultaneous calls.

I LOVE the way George repeats what Jerry said to Kramer, as they both realize what is going on with the phone.