Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

believe in god
dont believe in god
believe in no god

die anyway :byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

maniacdevnull posted:

believe in god
dont believe in god
believe in no god

die anyway :byewhore:

the world is my idea

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

holey moley i wonder if that was the inspiration for the "windows 7 was my idea" campaign

that would be some seriously highbrow poo poo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rotor posted:

lf is seriously the worst forum

well maybe phiz, but i've never actually read phiz but the premise sounds pretty terrible

lf is tied with ycs, phiz is tied with byob

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Fun fact: Schopenhauer had poodles named Atma ('world-soul') and Butz (lol, butz)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

RZApublican posted:

lf is tied with ycs, phiz is tied with byob

um no i'm sorry but it clearly states in the rules that yospos is the best fyad lite

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rotor posted:

um no i'm sorry but it clearly states in the rules that yospos is the best fyad lite

tied for worst, I mean

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_about_the_word_%22niggardly%22

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

OH PLEASE

I know this has nothing to do with editing the article, but I just can't believe that people are this PC Fanatical that you can't even say a word that means something completely different than the N word, and is not even derived from the same word. Niggardly should not be a controversial word. NIGGARD NIGGARD NIGGARD!!!!!!! Why has America become so obsessed with being politically correct, if you make "Merry Christmas" taboo, you are offending every christian in America. The right of freedom of speech allows us to be as offensive as we want, besides hasn't anyone ever heard "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me." Now I know that we need to be polite, like not saying words like "n*gg*r" or "F*ck you", But it is also very rude to make a federal case about a word like "niggard".--Banditda (talk) 23:20, 6 September 2008 (UTC)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

quote:

"The word's new lease of life is probably among manufacturers and retailers of sophomoric humor", wrote John Derbyshire, a conservative commentator, in 2002. "I bet that even as I write, some adolescent boys, in the stairwell of some high school somewhere in America, are accusing each other of being niggardly, and sniggering at their own outrageous wit. I bet ... Wait a minute. 'Sniggering'? Oh, my God...."

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

FYAD: Wait a minute. 'Sniggering'? Oh, my God....

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

RZApublican posted:

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Did anyone post ol' Jimbo as the most worthless thing on wikipedia yet or am I late for that particular joke

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

powerofrecall posted:

Did anyone post ol' Jimbo as the most worthless thing on wikipedia yet or am I late for that particular joke

just c&p the person who did it originally and claim it as your own, its the wikipedia way

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

RZApublican posted:

i'm going to quote this

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Lamont Cranston posted:

lf used to be funny during the election but it is 100% terrible now

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

deviant. posted:

ah yes, where else can i go for unconfirmed rumors being reported as fact so it will conform to my world view

also, wrestlehut

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Category:Celtic Reconstructionist Pagan Wikipedians

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

a wikipedian who make he own category, a shameful wikipedian

i was really hoping that was a fake link :(

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

deviant. posted:

a wikipedian who make he own category, a shameful wikipedian

i was really hoping that was a fake link :(

you think that's pathetic, look at the sole Celtic Reconstructionist Pagans userpage

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RZApublican posted:

you think that's pathetic, look at the sole Celtic Reconstructionist Pagans userpage

Me and My Beliefs

As my name states, I am eclectic, meaning that I believe in personal beliefs that I have found in multiple religions. This may seem rediculous, but I believe in 22 world religions overall. Each religion combined is my religion. I worship Godhead, which is the Holy Father and Great Mother combined as one, amazing, benevolent being. God and Goddess are one and the same, just two persons in one. The Father consists of Father, Son, and Spirit. The Mother consists of Mother, Maiden, and Crone.

I believe in many religions, all of which include Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahai Faith, Wicca, Druidry, Thelema, Tantra, Kemetism, Heathenism, Asatru, Celtic Reconstructionist Paganism, Rodnovery, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Ayyavazhi, Taoism, Confucianism, Shinto, and Zoroastrianism.

All of my beliefs are that of the Right-Hand Path. In my beliefs, I practice things such as prayer, white magick and white witchcraft, love, mercy, and other traditions of all these religions.

My beliefs were mainly started after a dream I had about a year ago in which Godhead revealed to me truth. The Father and Mother in one Godhead, therefore, all these religions I believe in are saved in Heaven and will all go there. That is what I believe to be truth.

God governs the day, fire, air, knowledge, courage, the sun, paryer, and other masculine qualities. Goddess governs the night, water, earth, wisdom, wonder, awe, magic/witchcraft, the moon, and other feminine qualities.

If anyone has any questions for me, please ask!!! :)

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
yeah i read the first paragraph and had to close the tab because my eyes started bleeding

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

jegHegy posted:

lol no loving way

:negative:

I see this and raise you

tripwire
Nov 19, 2004

ghost flow

Coffee Jones posted:

I see this and raise you

cool

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

tripwire posted:

cool

*opens ftp.urkelfan.com*

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Coffee Jones posted:

I see this and raise you

Urkel is listed under the category Fictional geneticists

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

JawnV6 posted:

he also said it failed because kraft foods would bury him on the shelf

like literally hire guys to shove lunchables on top of dilberitos

I can believe it.
This documentary (streamable on netflix) is about the beer market in the US.
http://beerwarsmovie.com

Basically the two big manufacturers Miller and Anheuser-Busch have 98% of the market and squeeze out competition via distribution and pricing. So even a brand that's available in many places like Samuel Adams has to struggle for shelf space.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

RZApublican posted:

Urkel is listed under the category Fictional geneticists

just fyi

there existed a debate between multiple people about including steve urkel in a list of fictional geneticists. this argument happened and was actually won by the side that wanted to include him.

these things happened and were real

GameboyRMH
May 2, 2010

I pulled up that episode and completed the lyrics for him. That sperglord's probably jumping for joy right now :3:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dads 'feminine side'

Thats not original research.I dont think you quite understood what that was suposed to mean,but when a man, named "Dad" says that "(the clock) was pased to all the girls in my family.My mother gave it to me,and now etc.",I dont think that can be called original research when one mentions said reference.I did not SAY that he SEEMS to act like a woman,but that he seems to indirectly refer to himslf as such-in fact,that is one example I know word per word,from the episode where Cow and Boneless are stuck on the roof,but there were more.Also,I think this article had much more original research "Like dad,she seems to be insane,even hr laugh seems insane" SOUNDS like it. --New Babylon 2 (talk) 12:49, 1 November 2008 (UTC)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I've decided to record these EPIC lyrics.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Linux articles by importance

and they're all links to talk pages

ahaha the gentoo talk page

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
just c&p the person who did it originally and claim it as your own, its the wikipedia way

nooge
May 1, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lieutenant_Governors_of_Newfoundland_and_Labrador

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

found something from wiktionary, Category:English words affected by prescriptivism

Some people tell you to say "x" even though some / many / most of us say "y". But just because they're telling you this doesn't mean they're right. Read about these terms and decide for yourself.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

RZApublican posted:

found something from wiktionary, Category:English words affected by prescriptivism

Some people tell you to say "x" even though some / many / most of us say "y". But just because they're telling you this doesn't mean they're right. Read about these terms and decide for yourself.

I refuse to agree that irregardless is an acceptable word

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money

Sniep posted:

irregardless...

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

RZApublican posted:

bitter end (plural bitter ends)
(nautical) that part of an anchor cable which is abaft the bitts and thus remains inboard when a ship is riding at anchor
Note: To pay out a rope to the bitter end means to pay it all out
(idiomatic) The end of a long and difficult process.
(nautical) the final six fathoms of anchor chain before the point of attachment in the chain locker of modern U.S.naval vessels, with these six fathoms often painted blue, white and red to warn deck hands of the end of available anchor chain.
[edit]Usage notes
Some see the idiomatic use as a corruption of the nautical one, replacing the nautical term bitts with the unrelated term bitter (“unpleasant, arduous”).

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Sniep posted:

for all intensive purposes, it is one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast