Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
The Pen is one of the best ep's

STELLAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Klaus Kinski posted:

I'm still not sure if it's an improvement from the manfur.

Hey, you got a question...YOU ASK THE EIGHTBALL!

Edit: Also, that youtube of Kramer's entrances, while nice, lies...that can't be all of his entrances (since the Kenny Roger's episode, while last in that clip, is in the eighth season,) and they are out of order...I saw "Tractor Girl" twice, and separated by far more entrances than would constitute one episode.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 27, 2010

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Edit: Also, that youtube of Kramer's entrances, while nice, lies...that can't be all of his entrances (since the Kenny Roger's episode, while last in that clip, is in the eighth season,) and they are out of order...I saw "Tractor Girl" twice, and separated by far more entrances than would constitute one episode.

Looks like you are right. I would have assumed someone spergy enough to make a video like that would be spergy enough to make it mistake free. Weird.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Don't know if this has been posted, but this is sporcle's best quiz:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/seinfeldepisodes.php

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Read this whole thread and laughed more times than I can count. Seinfeld and Curb are the two greatest comedy shows, bar none.

What most of you who are arguing about whether the eclair was garbage or not are ignoring is the fact that it was in someone else's house. I think whether it is considered garbage or not, it's disgusting and thus a completely acceptable thing for George to do :xd:

I'll look at my favorite parts of episodes and they will almost always feature George. What a character. And it's always something simple that he does that is totally GEORGE and a combination of something hilarious he says paired with something physical. For instance:

* The Big Salad: When George confronts Elaine about thanking his girlfriend, his dance/gesture when mentioning "but you had to have the BIIIIIIG salad!"

* When George is talking about the woman he is dating that turns out to be bald. He mentions her taking off her hat, places his hand on top of his head and waves... "HELLOOOOO!"

* "Now if you will kindly help me unwedge my front wheel, I'll be on my way." - then the expression he has on his face when he beeps the horn.

* When he is talking about that woman's degree (or certificate) on the wall and he says "... now that's my idea of commeedddyyyyyyyy" with a wiggle of his hips.

Oh George.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

mojo1701a posted:

Hell of a find: every single one of Kramer's entrances into Jerry's apartment.

It's...evolving. :aaa:

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Cane Break posted:

The Pen is one of the best ep's

STELLAAAAAAAA

Uncle Leo is amazing in that episode:

"I thought Johnny was very rude to you. He didn't even let you talk!"
"You should get your cousin Jeffrey to write some material for you. You should read the letters he's written. He's funnier than the whole bunch of you!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Relayer posted:

What are you doing George? :bigtran:
You don't WANNA know! :smug:
*George is doing his ironing*

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

All Smith wanted to do was go home! Well he went home alright! With a crater in his colon the size of a quarter... he had to sit on a cork the whole way home

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I just yesterday saw the episode where Jerry goes to Florida to buy the cadillac back from Jack Klompus(?), and on one of his trips finds that Jack drove it into a swamp.

Jack: "I even lost my upside down pen!"
Jerry: "... somehow that makes it all worthwhile."

Then later, when he's in his condo, trying to convince him to let him stay the night and him refusing...

Jerry: "It was that quip about the pen wasn't it?"
Jack: "Yes it was."

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Lord of Laughton posted:

I just yesterday saw the episode where Jerry goes to Florida to buy the cadillac back from Jack Klompus(?), and on one of his trips finds that Jack drove it into a swamp.

Jack: "I even lost my upside down pen!"
Jerry: "... somehow that makes it all worthwhile."

Then later, when he's in his condo, trying to convince him to let him stay the night and him refusing...

What took you so long?

I live in New York

Jerry's delivery of this kills me every time.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Lord of Laughton posted:

I think it's something like:

"You didn't find the pen remark funny did you?"
"I did not."

I can't remember what Jerry says but Jack definitely says "I did not."

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

neoboman posted:

I think it's something like:

"You didn't find the pen remark funny did you?"
"I did not."

I can't remember what Jerry says but Jack definitely says "I did not."

JERRY: You didn't like that crack about the pen.

JACK: I did not.

according to http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheMoney.html

Oftentimes seinfeldscripts.com will have a few minor differences from the actual episode, but the above seems correct.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I gotta say "The Cartoon" is one of my very few disliked episodes. kathy griffin in a major guest role? NO THANKS. The one bright spot being Kramer's rant about George's attraction to the lady Jerry.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

hall n oates mom posted:

I gotta say "The Cartoon" is one of my very few disliked episodes. kathy griffin in a major guest role? NO THANKS. The one bright spot being Kramer's rant about George's attraction to the lady Jerry.

I agree about the Kathy Griffin hatred, however "The pig says 'my wife is a slut'?"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

OldSenileGuy posted:

I agree about the Kathy Griffin hatred, however "The pig says 'my wife is a slut'?"

Now that's a complaint!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Now that's a complaint!

I read this in Zoidberg's voice and it is wonderful.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

OldSenileGuy posted:

Jerry: Well what does this mean?

Kramer: Well it's Frank and Estelle's reaction at hearing George's man love towards she-Jerry.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
We both know it's the job of a general to by God get things done.

Who would win in a grit-off - the Postmaster General or Detective Bookman?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Who would win in a grit-off - the Postmaster General or Detective Bookman?

Postmaster General, no contest.

"I had to cancel a golf game with the secretary of state...you like golf, Mr.Kramer?"

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

That salute that Kramer gives the P-G is a really nice touch.

Also, Newman's assortment of small sounds. From the crying in that episode, to that quack he gives Jerry when Jerry shows the huge flaw in Newman's Newmanium (or is it Newmannium?) party. God, that quack kills me every single time.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Is Newman still all slim these days?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
One of my favorite Newman moments is when he takes a bite of broccoli and then spits it out shouting "Vile Weed!", and then takes a shot of honey mustard.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07
It always amazed me at how much influence Kramer has towards the rest of the gang. All of his dumbass ideas seem to make complete sense towards the others and they see no other way act upon certain situations.

I was just watching The Package today and all of the bullshit that blew up at the end came as a direct result of Kramer's idea of not only presuading Jerry into commiting mail fraud but convincing George to take racey pictures of himself to impress the photo-store girl instead of just asking her out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Evil Agita posted:

Is Newman still all slim these days?

When he appeared in Curb Your Enthusiasm he looked hefty again (not as much as he used to be) but I don't know if they just put some padding under his shirt or not.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

dyn posted:

It always amazed me at how much influence Kramer has towards the rest of the gang. All of his dumbass ideas seem to make complete sense towards the others and they see no other way act upon certain situations.

I was just watching The Package today and all of the bullshit that blew up at the end came as a direct result of Kramer's idea of not only presuading Jerry into commiting mail fraud but convincing George to take racey pictures of himself to impress the photo-store girl instead of just asking her out.

He's like a Svenjolly.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

mojo1701a posted:

He's like a Svenjolly.

You ran away from him as if he were the boogedy man!

Edit: and I know this thread is apparently -- and thankfully -- in agreeance that 8 and 9 aren't the big drop-off they're reputed to be, but I just want to give an extra push for season 8.

It's tied with 4 and 7 for my favourite season. So many great episodes: The Andrea Doria, The van Buren Boys, The Muffin Tops, The Fatigues, The Checks, The Little Kicks... The Comeback!

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 29, 2010

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
"I didn't know you could wake up from a coma!"
"I didn't know it was possible to not know that."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love the little legend of Jerry from the episode I think was called The Race. He discovers that his girlfriend Lois' boss is a guy from his old school who he beat in a race when they were young, only Jerry "cheated" when he thought the starter pistol had gone off. The guy was so livid that he remanded a re-run and because Jerry knew that he couldn't beat the guy in a race he refused and declared he'd never race again. And the legend grew that Jerry Seinfeld was such a great runner and this other guy was just a sore loser.

So with this guy back in Jerry's life, they try all their normal ridiculous tricks like George pretending to bump into them for the first time in years and back up Jerry's version of events, but it doesn't work and the Boss is dangling Lois' employment over Jerry (who is only dating her because her name is Lois!) so he agrees to the race and the Boss calls in the entire old school to watch him destroy the legend of Jerry. Only Kramer's car backfires and Jerry takes off early again and beats the guy, who continues to insist that the gun wasn't fired but nobody will listen to him.

I just love the idea of all the people from the school having grown up with the Legend of Jerry the Runner, and seeing him finally agree to come out of retirement and absolutely smoke his livid rival and continue to believe in the Legend. The best part is that the jerk Boss is absolutely right, Jerry did cheat and knows he cheated but NOBODY will believe him. It's amazing.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The Superman Theme at the end and Jerry pushing Elaine out of the way... then the wink at the camera. God drat, what a good episode. All of the communism stuff is great too.

Everytime I hear someone say they are, or someone is, well read I respond "Or maybe he's well...red?"

Nobody gets it :(

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

You ran away from him as if he were the boogedy man!

Edit: and I know this thread is apparently -- and thankfully -- in agreeance that 8 and 9 aren't the big drop-off they're reputed to be, but I just want to give an extra push for season 8.

It's tied with 4 and 7 for my favourite season. So many great episodes: The Andrea Doria, The van Buren Boys, The Muffin Tops, The Fatigues, The Checks, The Little Kicks... The Comeback!

I think people say that the last two seasons aren't as good because the show had a slightly different feel once Larry David left. The show was just as good, but in the minds of many people, different feel means not the same as before, which means not as good.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Yankee beans, Yankee beans. I like my Yank-ee beans.

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something
I always enjoy when they make fun of Jerry's routine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZF1SJW7JFw

By the way, in one of the episodes that was on TBS yesterday (the one where Jerry tries to cheer up the sick guy), what was the deal with Pachyderm? I guess I missed the conversation at the beginning of the episode or something because he was referenced a couple times and I didn't really catch the meaning.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Another Seinfeld quiz (some had terrible clues):

http://www.sporcle.com/games/betraisefold/seinfeldisms

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

We both know it's the job of a general to by God get things done.

From the same episode:

Elaine: "Can I use your phone?"
*dials number*
"Puddy, it's Elaine. We're through. Yeah, that's right, again. Bye."

J: "Where'd you get the bricks?"
K: "Jerry, the whole building is brick."

Newman, to other postal employee: "I'll handle this Violet, why don't you go and take your three-hour break?"

Jerry: "FRANKIE? FRANKIE? Frankie, is that you?"
Creepy guy digging a hole in the park: "My name is Edgar."
Jerry, fumbling for words, regains his composure: "Have a nice night."
Edgar: "Thank you."

"In addition to being a Postmaster, I'm also... a general."

The Wiz, George's parents "cutting him loose", and him then trying to date his cousin, this show is just so drat dense with hilarious subplots.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Newman, to other postal employee: "I'll handle this Violet, why don't you go and take your three-hour break?"
'
I just love how he delivers that line. Everything they do with Newman and the post-office is just brilliant. It's like Larry David had a bad experience with a mailman once and is now forever pissed off about it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

"You said it would be a mailman I know, and you're a maaaiillmaaan I know!"

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I TOLD YOU THE DRAKE WAS BAD!

HATE THE DRAKE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.
David Puddy has to be one of my favorite characters.

Elaine: David, I'm going to hell! The worst place in the world! With devils
and those caves and the ragged clothing! And the heat! My god, the heat! I
mean, what do you think about all that?

Puddy: Gonna be rough.

I still use that whenever some tells me something that they don't want to do.