Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
thats nothing

a car hit one of our dogs but left it still alive, but with a broken neck

so the dog is laying there, half paralyzed but still breathing

i had to strangle him

that was fun !!!!!!!

stranglesnipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
oh so page 95 is the dog strangling page, i see

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Kirk posted:

thats nothing

a car hit one of our dogs but left it still alive, but with a broken neck

so the dog is laying there, half paralyzed but still breathing

i had to strangle him

that was fun !!!!!!!

stranglesnipe

I've had to snap the necks of probably 100 birds over my lifetime.

The first time was when I was 9, because my mum couldn't stand do it.

:gonk:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
my cat used to catch rabbits, squirrels, etc and eat their faces but leave the bodies intact, so we had to get rid of the bodies

the first time i was asked to get rid of a corpse i was like "ok w/e" and hucked it over the fence with a shovel into a church parking lot. got yelled it, it was awesome

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

my cat used to catch rabbits, squirrels, etc and eat their faces but leave the bodies intact

my cat did this too, but would not eat noses, we had all these tiny little decomposing rat nose & cheek units with whiskers still on them all over the place, it was p disgusting tbqh

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
cats are hosed up

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
although what can you expect when you half-domesticate an apex predator, a being evolved over millions of years to kill everything that is equal or lesser in size to itself

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
aka Mr. Snookums

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

aka Mr. Snookums

my cat when i was a kid in minnesota would catch squirrels in the morning before i left for school and i'd come out and there was Tiger, crouched over this freshly-killed squirrel, it's belly torn open, steaming in the freezing cold winter morning, a shock of bright red blood on the fresh fallen white snow. Tiger would lift his head, his muzzle dripping with gore and entrails, and look at me as i walked down the path to the street.

I would think "eurgh, he sleeps next to me."

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My cat would only eat a rabbit's ears when it killed one. Completely left the rest. Fred was kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Where in Minnesota, Rotor? I lived there for almost 12 years.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

El Jackalope posted:

My cat would only eat a rabbit's ears when it killed one. Completely left the rest. Fred was kind of an rear end in a top hat.

i did the same but with chocolate bunnies

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

fishmech posted:

Did you leave the bodies on the front porch?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

El Jackalope posted:

minneapolis, i lived there when i was like 8-12 years old. I actually took a trip around my old neighborhood via google street view and it was like the most emotionally weird experience I ever had with technology.

after all these years, i still knew exactly how to get to the arcade

which is sadly not there any more, it's a barnes & noble or some poo poo :mad:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

minneapolis, i lived there when i was like 8-12 years old. I actually took a trip around my old neighborhood via google street view and it was like the most emotionally weird experience I ever had with technology.

after all these years, i still knew exactly how to get to the arcade

which is sadly not there any more, it's a barnes & noble or some poo poo :mad:

Calhoun Square or downtown? poo poo, i moved there in 1998 and Uptown has changed completely since then.

If I didn't have my family here in Cali and had to help out with things, I would have probably never left Minneapolis. I fuckin' love that town.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fishmech posted:

And the psychologist gives me a chocolate Easter bunny. And this shows how tricky those guys are. I eat the chocolate and I think, wait a second... this isn't around Easter. "Was this a test?" He said, "Yes." "And what does it mean?" He said, "Well, had you eaten the ears first you would have been normal; had you eaten the feet first you would have had an inferiority complex; had you eaten the tail first you would have had latent homosexual tendencies; and had you eaten the breasts first you would have had a latent oedipal complex." I said, "Well, go on. What does it mean when you bite out the eyes and scream, 'Stop staring at me!'?'" He says, "It shows you've a tendency towards self-destruction." I said, "What do you recommend?" He says, "Go for it!"

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

One of the family cats when I was a kid enjoyed hunting. Trouble was she was indoors-only, so there wasn't much live prey around. Undeterred, she would go hunting for whatever crap she could find in the basement. She'd bring up random crap she found wherever and look at us with pride in her eyes. We'd always make a point to thank her and make her feel good about it (I guess... who knows what they're actually thinking).

One time she brought up some bizarre fishing lure/hook thing that had like 9 sharp rear end fish hooks all over it. We don't know how she did that without injuring herself. I mean she had to use her mouth to bring it up, then jump through a little cat-flap porthole thing on our kitchen door.

Another time she brought up some phone cable. From a roll of phone cable... like, she dragged the end of the phone cable upstairs into the kitchen while still attached to the huge roll someplace in the basement.

Catte's :3:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

El Jackalope posted:

Calhoun Square or downtown? poo poo, i moved there in 1998 and Uptown has changed completely since then.

we lived in kenwood, right near lake of the isles. I would take a little inflatable boat out there every summer until some park dude yelled at me and told me an 8 year old shouldnt be boating on his own :mad:

quote:

If I didn't have my family here in Cali and had to help out with things, I would have probably never left Minneapolis. I fuckin' love that town.

i remember it being very nice and now that I have kids I sort of feel like I'm cheating them out of the experience of living somewhere with snow.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

we lived in kenwood, right near lake of the isles. I would take a little inflatable boat out there every summer until some park dude yelled at me and told me an 8 year old shouldnt be boating on his own :mad:

i remember it being very nice and now that I have kids I sort of feel like I'm cheating them out of the experience of living somewhere with snow.

Take them to the Minnesota State Fair. It's awesome.

And get them to some snow sometime too. Minnesota has had less and less snow during the winter, but it does tend to have a few days out of the year where it just dumps a few feet in a matter of hours.

A couple days ago lots of Minneapolis flooded. More of the same.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

And 8 is a perfectly fine time for a kid to be boating on his own, damnit. I grew up a lot of my life in Colorado and poo poo I remember some kids bringing BB rifles and .22 bolt actions to school to go squirrel hunting afterwards.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

El Jackalope posted:

And 8 is a perfectly fine time for a kid to be boating on his own, damnit. I grew up a lot of my life in Colorado and poo poo I remember some kids bringing BB rifles and .22 bolt actions to school to go squirrel hunting afterwards.

i know, right?

i was wearing a life jacket and everything. gently caress that dude. :mad:

also, this is weird, after minnesota i lived in colorado too, stop stalking me in the past

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

i know, right?

i was wearing a life jacket and everything. gently caress that dude. :mad:

Cranky gently caress. He even probably said "don't chya know" when he yelled at you.

We should have a beer sometime.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep so my cats can wake me up at 5:30 as they always do. Goodnight, sweet YOSPOS! :tipshat:

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

DNova posted:

Another time she brought up some phone cable. From a roll of phone cable... like, she dragged the end of the phone cable upstairs into the kitchen while still attached to the huge roll someplace in the basement.

Catte's :3:

cat was setting you up for dial-up

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Dash O Pixels

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
brown ball is compressed catnip

mr cat says "i accept of this new toy"

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

got dat wmd posted:

educate me then

wikipedia posted:

While the Portuguese Man o' War resembles a jellyfish, it is in fact a siphonophore – a colony of four kinds of minute, highly modified individuals, which are specialized polyps and medusoids.

Bonus sea turtle chillin' action:

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.
i wish I was a siphonophore

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Cats made us adopt them. Theory goes wild cattes decided to live in places where humans had grain and crops because rats and mice would be there all the time. Humans had no reason to get rid of them wild kitties (because they go rid of rodents) and so they stayed and became domesticated.

This isn't exactly like other animals humans wrestled into submissions. Cats came here for food and inserted themselves in our lives. This is why they don't give a poo poo about you.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

So, getting another cat soon to replace Tuna ( :smith: ) which will be nice to have someone for CB to actually play with.

Also, bought CB a little climbing toy/scratching post thing, got a hollow cylander on top with 2 posts holding it up and a dangling tail thing for him to play with. He loves it, he jumps on top of it to stare out the window now and the first thing he did when I got it was jump on top, look under, notice the tail toy thing, and attempt to bat it while leaning on top. He started to slip off and grabbed onto the pole, but couldn't stop himself, so he did like, a fireman slide face-first down the pole. It was so absolutely :3:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

unleash the unicorn posted:

i wish I was a siphonophore

i think i might be

when i show up on the beach everybody else leaves

Mr. Bonkers
Sep 21, 2006

You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak
there should be a new thread with just mr. cat in it

Aw fuck.
Jun 30, 2007

Using Ubuntu