Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Hands off Jimmy! DON'T. TOUCH. JIMMY!!

One of the best "oh hey the main characters play basketball or some other thing you never see them do again" episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

I think "Vegetable Lasagna" is my favorite one-time appearance character.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

I-I was sleeping...

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I always liked this little gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaMzsNKR7Q

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Jingleheimer posted:

Bahahahah, I forgot about that.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Jingleheimer posted:

The Comeback is probably my favourite episode. I'm pretty sure I know it all by heart.

Also, when I got the DVDs there was a funny joke that's usually cut from broadcast. After reading the will that Kramer wrote and Jerry says "Hey, this is the 'z' page of my address book."

Kramer: "Oh, yeah, I put all your Z's on the weights-and-measures page."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

My favorite part of that storyline was, naturally, Puddy's obsession with his European change.

"Let's see here...ten kroner...five kroner...twenty kroner...no wait, that's another ten kroner...fifty kroner?"

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Is that the one where Puddy is just going to stare at the seat in front of him the whole time and it really bugs Elaine?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

JethroMcB posted:

My favorite part of that storyline was, naturally, Puddy's obsession with his European change.

"Let's see here...ten kroner...five kroner...twenty kroner...no wait, that's another ten kroner...fifty kroner?"

Femty kroner :eng101:

I guess you have a real... Kroner-comprehension problem :smug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pooned posted:

'
I just love how he delivers that line. Everything they do with Newman and the post-office is just brilliant. It's like Larry David had a bad experience with a mailman once and is now forever pissed off about it.

I can imagine that Larry David has had bad experiences with every possible career choice there is, and he's angry about all of them.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dr_Amazing posted:

Is that the one where Puddy is just going to stare at the seat in front of him the whole time and it really bugs Elaine?

I love when Kramer calls Puddy asking how to install a disposal in his shower, and before the phone ring, Puddy is just sitting on the couch...silently...not moving...not even watching TV or anything, just doing the very essence of nothing.

Edit:

Puddy: :geno: Puddy.
Kramer: David Puddy, please.
Puddy: :geno: This is Puddy.
Kramer: Hi, it's Kramer.
Puddy: :geno: I know.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 29, 2010

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Sorry for double-post, but it's worth mentioning (since it's the title and all,)
that "The Voice" is on TBS right now.

HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!

And honestly, Kramer's idea about a rubber bladder is good, why don't they do it? Although, I guess if it it's bad enough to puncture through a lot of hulls (6,000 hulls!) it would probably go through some rubber?

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

hrpff posted:

I always enjoy when they make fun of Jerry's routine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZF1SJW7JFw

It's been posted a couple time but this is probably my favorite Seinfeld scene ever and it has George and Jerry busting balls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YoliGLJT2Y

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Dr_Amazing posted:

Yes, and it's on the blooper reel because Patrick Warburton's face is just so loving funny when he puts it on like that. Reminder that Puddy was never cast to behave like that, Larry & Jerry saw him make that face before the cameras rolled and they pissed themselves laughing. The show was special because of things like that, it was blessed by the tv gods. Jerry Stiller and Wayne Knight are the other major examples of this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

kolby posted:

It's been posted a couple time but this is probably my favorite Seinfeld scene ever and it has George and Jerry busting balls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YoliGLJT2Y

Haha yes I love it so much, here's the actual re-run of the race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bItwY_0QcDs&feature=related

It's just perfect.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Hahahah, from The Muffin Tops:

*Jerry consulting Kramer after having shaved his chest*

Kramer: Now you listen to me, you don't tell anybody about this- no one! You hear me??

Jerry: Mmm-hmm

*George enters*

Kramer to George, instantly: Hey, Jerry shaved his chest!

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
One of my favourite things about the show is the names they give everyone, always rememberable. A long time ago it got me started with using the full name for certain people.

Jake Jarmel
Todd Gack
Sue-ellen Mishkie(y?)
David Putty
Tim Whatley
Crazy Joe Divola
Lloyd Braun
Bob Sacamano
Joe Mayo
Jack Klompus

uhhh, Denim Vest

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Izzy Mendelbaum is the best. It's go time!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

got dat wmd posted:

One of my favourite things about the show is the names they give everyone, always rememberable. A long time ago it got me started with using the full name for certain people.

Jake Jarmel
Todd Gack
Sue-ellen Mishkie(y?)
David Putty
Tim Whatley
Crazy Joe Divola
Lloyd Braun
Bob Sacamano
Joe Mayo
Jack Klompus

uhhh, Denim Vest

Sue-Ellen Mischke, David Puddy, and Crazy Joe Davola :eng101:

Oh, and don't forget Bob Cobb, Alec Berg, Sal Bass, and FDR.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Why don't you pick on someone your own age?
Got any sons?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wanvig posted:

Why don't you pick on someone your own age?
Got any sons?

I think he's going to make me box a kangaroo! :ohdear:

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!
Mendlebaum,
Mendlebaum,
Mendlebaum!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
You think you're better than us!?!?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm slowly making my way through all 9 seasons of Seinfeld for the first time (I've seen the occasional episode here and there. I didn't watch it when I was younger. My dad though is a HUGE fan of it.) I'm so glad I'm able to enjoy these now. "The Contest" was even funnier than I thought it would be, and "The Limo" was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. And the part in "The Nose" job where Kramer just flat out says "Oh you're very beautiful. You just need a nose job." is one of the hardest I've laughed at something on TV. Currently near the end of season 4, about to watch "The Handicap Spot". I still have quite a ways to go.

The ONLY thing about the show I don't like is the stand up bits at the beginning and end. I do not find Jerry's stand up funny at all.

edit: Oh yeah, and the one where Elaine just yells STELLAAAAAAAAAAA killed me

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 30, 2010

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

mojo1701a posted:

Sue-Ellen Mischke, David Puddy, and Crazy Joe Davola :eng101:

Hal Kitzchmiller

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

Hal Kitzchmiller

Jeffrey Harharwood

George got the costume AT THE INSTITUTE!

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Jerusalem posted:

"How many sessions did my parents pay for?"
"Not enough to make a man out of ya, Daffodil."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
"It's a Farbman!"

mojo1701a posted:

Alec Berg was actually a staffer they named the character in honor of. He didn't die or anything, though.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

Femty kroner :eng101:

I guess you have a real... Kroner-comprehension problem :smug:

Femty kroner? How much is that!?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

neoboman posted:

Femty kroner? How much is that!?

10−15 or 0.000000000000001 kroner.

So, not a lot.

femto (Danish for 15) is close enough to femty, right?

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
mister beeeerrrg

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
You know, you got a great "John Houseman" name.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Macaluso posted:

The ONLY thing about the show I don't like is the stand up bits at the beginning and end. I do not find Jerry's stand up funny at all.

They stop with that in season 5 or 6 iirc.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

10−15 or 0.000000000000001 kroner.

So, not a lot.

femto (Danish for 15) is close enough to femty, right?

"Femty" (femtio) is 50 in Swedish (but "halvtreds" in Danish :psyduck: )

Also, isn't The Race one where Elaine's boyfriend is a communist?

Kramer: "But he was controlling the means of production!"

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
1.0: Affi
1.0: Aardark
1.0: DoYouHasaRabbit

These guys...These are not my kinda guys...

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What's up with the scene in the Stall where it starts out with Jerry's girlfriend giving him a massage and jerry says "I've been waiting a while for this!" and the audience busts up. Were they like waiting a long time before starting the scene on that take or something?

Edit: ^^^ best Frank quote in the series right there, his delivery is really amazing.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

A previous episode had Jerry dating a masseuse, but despite all his attempts, she would never give him a massage.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MokBa posted:

A previous episode had Jerry dating a masseuse, but despite all his attempts, she would never give him a massage.

Oh, wow. I can't believe I never put that together. :doh:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

explosivo posted:

What's up with the scene in the Stall where it starts out with Jerry's girlfriend giving him a massage and jerry says "I've been waiting a while for this!" and the audience busts up. Were they like waiting a long time before starting the scene on that take or something?

Edit: ^^^ best Frank quote in the series right there, his delivery is really amazing.

Remember how he was dating that masseuse who he couldn't get a massage from? That's what he was waiting for.

Edit: beaten

Tiny Fistpump posted:

These guys...These are not my kinda guys...

Shut your traps and stop kicking the seats! We're trying to watch the movie. And if I have to tell you again, I'm gonna take you outside and show you what it's like. Do you understand me? Now, shut your mouths or else I'll shut them for you... and if you think I'm kidding, just try me. Try me. Because, I would LOVE IT!

(anyone know the connection between these two lines, besides the fact that they're both awesome?)

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

Shut your traps and stop kicking the seats! We're trying to watch the movie. And if I have to tell you again, I'm gonna take you outside and show you what it's like. Do you understand me? Now, shut your mouths or else I'll shut them for you... and if you think I'm kidding, just try me. Try me. Because, I would LOVE IT!

(anyone know the connection between these two lines, besides the fact that they're both awesome?)
They're Buddy Rich quotes. As is "Then we'll see how he does up there, without all the assistance!" All great lines.