Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Stare-Out posted:

They're Buddy Rich quotes. As is "Then we'll see how he does up there, without all the assistance!" All great lines.

Hell yes.

poo poo, new page: How awesome is J. Peterman? Every single one of his lines makes me laugh -- and I love that fact that John O'Hurley still knows most of them. I think one of my all-time favourites from him is when he's talking to Elaine about the opium and the funniest part to me (besides thinking Kramer's her dealer) is when he discusses being an addict too:

"I know what you're going through. I too once fell under the spell of opium. It was 1979. I was travelling the Yangtzee in search of a Mongolian horsehair vest. I had got to the market after sundown, all of the clothing traders had gone, but a different sort of trader still lurked about. "Just a taste," he said. That was all it took."

I think it's the "Juuuuust a taste" that kills me.

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

LesterGroans posted:

I think it's the "Juuuuust a taste" that kills me.

Beeeeetter bring a poncho.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
My favorite line in those rambling yarns was about how he sent addict Zack to Burma "in search of low-cost missiles".

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

explosivo posted:

Beeeeetter bring a poncho.

Congratulations Elaine on a job...done.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Congratulations Elaine on a job...done.

Elaine: You speak Burmese?
Peterman: No Elaine, that was gibberish. So did you have any trouble finding the place?
Elaine: No, you're the only white poet warlord in the neighborhood.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

Peterman: Elaine, I have a question for you. Is the item still...with you?

Elaine: Um...as far as I know.

Peterman: Do you know what happens to a butter-based frosting after six decades in a poorly ventilated English basement?

Elaine: Uh, I guess I hadn't--

Peterman: Well, I have a feeling that what you are about to go through is punishment enough. Dismissed.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Bernie is dead, you morons! Just because he's wearing sunglasses he looks alive?? Ughhh..

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Terry Glenn posted:

It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth.

This is one of the few continuity errors in the series, isn't it? I know that in "The Wife" Kramer says he only takes baths.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

esperantinc posted:

This is one of the few continuity errors in the series, isn't it? I know that in "The Wife" Kramer says he only takes baths.

But Kramer lived in the shower in one episode.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

esperantinc posted:

There's a few minor continuity errors but generally I consider anything related to Kramer is exempt because, well, it's Kramer.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

regulargonzalez posted:

They stop with that in season 5 or 6 iirc.

Which is another reason the later seasons were awesome - they opened with little vignettes that only occasionally related to the plot. Like this random scene between Kramer and Newman - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SULYI8y4WPo

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!
Kramer also doesn't use clocks according to the episode with the runner who slept in for his marathon, but if you go by episode "The Jimmy Legs," he does. Oh well. v:)v

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
He also buys himself a watch when he retires.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Klaus Kinski posted:

It's real (It's not real).

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Klaus Kinski posted:

He also has a watch that he decides to set forward in The Susie, taking DST into his own hands.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

The Walrus posted:

He also has a watch that he decides to set forward in The Susie, taking DST into his own hands.

I'm immune to kramer jokes since I know kramer irl.

Breaking news: He just cracked the nutrition secret; You only really need calories so he eats pure sugar or drinks sugar water and eats vitamin supplements.

Only.

I've known this man for 15 years, he's not joking.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I never liked that episode with the fat free yogurt because the whole premise is based on not gaining weight because its nonfat, but that doesn't mean there aren't any calories.

E: And that little kid really is a shithead.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 1, 2010

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dr_Amazing posted:

Is that the one where Puddy is just going to stare at the seat in front of him the whole time and it really bugs Elaine?

I am that guy and it always bugs the poo poo out of people.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Tender Bender posted:

I am that guy and it always bugs the poo poo out of people.

Don't you want a book or anything?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
It's depressing how the daily 7:00 Seinfeld reruns have been replaced by the god-awful "Kilborn File". I don't think I've ever rooted against a show as much as I do against that one.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

User-Friendly posted:

It's depressing how the daily 7:00 Seinfeld reruns have been replaced by the god-awful "Kilborn File". I don't think I've ever rooted against a show as much as I do against that one.

According to jim. 4 to 6 episodes a day every day. This was apparently better for daytime reruns than seinfeld.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Klaus Kinski posted:

According to jim. 4 to 6 episodes a day every day. This was apparently better for daytime reruns than seinfeld.

See also 2 1/2 Men, and many other horrible sitcoms.

How are these people (and shows) getting together?

Alcohol.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

95% of TV is unwatchable.

UNWATCHABLE!

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
This pen smells really bad.

Then why do I keep smelling it?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

User-Friendly posted:

gently caress Fox so much.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Hennigan's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgXAt_gstcs

"Boy that Hennigan's goes down smooth. And afterwards you don't even smell."

THERE I FIXED IT
Dec 9, 2007

happy now?

hall n oates mom posted:

My favorite line in those rambling yarns was about how he sent addict Zack to Burma "in search of low-cost missiles".

Was it missiles? I always heard "whistles", which slayed me.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's whistles, I'm pretty sure.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

esperantinc posted:

Yeah, it's one of the few continuity errors, you know, like when George says he has a brother and Jerry says he has a sister. Unless they oddly just never get mentioned again.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

THERE I FIXED IT posted:

Was it missiles? I always heard "whistles", which slayed me.
I prefer missiles because it's so wildly improbable it fits perfectly into Peterman's unhinged brand of ribald eccentricity.

THERE I FIXED IT
Dec 9, 2007

happy now?
I like whistles because why do you need whistles plural, why do you need cheap ones and why would you send someone to Thailand to buy them?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Klaus Kinski posted:

My local Fox's evening broadcast schedule:
5:00, The Simpsons
5:30, King of the Hill
6:00, 2.5 Men
6:30, 2.5 Men
7:00, Fox begins it's national programming day
9:00, News
9:30, Everybody Loves Raymond
10:00, The Office
10:30, Seinfeld
11:00, Everybody Loves Raymond
11:30, Seinfeld

My local CW's evening broadcast schedule:
5:00, Judge Judy
5:30, According to Jim
6:00, Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader
6:30, Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader
7:00, CW's Crap
9:00, Oprah
10:00, Star Trek: The Next Generation
11:00, News
11:30, TMZ

My local MyTV's evening broadcast schedule:
5:00, That 70's Show
5:30, That 70's Show
6:00, My Name is Earl
6:30, The Office
7:00, A forgotten B movie that no one cares about.
9:00, Cold Case Files
10:00, Family Guy
10:30, Family Guy
11:00, South Park
11:30, My Name is Earl

So yeah, basically I have to stay up all night to watch Seinfeld anymore. It sucks because I can't do that as I work a normal job. :smith:

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Iron Crowned posted:

So yeah, basically I have to stay up all night to watch Seinfeld anymore. It sucks because I can't do that as I work a normal job. :smith:

TBS airs two episodes back to back from 7pm to 8pm . My local fox affiliate shows it at 7:30pm and 11pm. So I get to choose between two episodes to watch at 7:30pm! Life is good.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh
I was just listening to the radio, and they were playing Larry King's worst interview moments, and for one he had Jerry Seinfeld on. He asked Jerry if the show got canceled, or if he ended it on his own. Jerry got pissed and asked him if he even knew who he was. It was funny. Larry King is pretty dumb.

EDIT: Transcript!

KING: It lasted how long?

SEINFELD: Nine years -- 180 episodes.

KING: You gave it up, right?

SEINFELD: I did.

KING: They didn't cancel you, you canceled them?

SEINFELD: You're not aware of this?

KING: No, I'm -- I'm asking you (INAUDIBLE).

SEINFELD: You think I got canceled?

KING: Have I hurt you...

SEINFELD: Are you under the impression that I got canceled? KING: Have I hurt you, Jerry?

SEINFELD: I thought that was pretty well documented. This is a...

KING: Don't most shows (INAUDIBLE)...

SEINFELD: Is this still CNN?

KING: Don't most shows go down a little?

SEINFELD: Most people do also.

KING: You were...

SEINFELD: But...

(LAUGHTER).

SEINFELD: Yes, no, I went off the air, I was the number one show in television, Larry.

KING: You were off...

SEINFELD: Do you know who I am?

(LAUGHTER)

KING: A Jewish guy, Brooklyn.

SEINFELD: Yes.

KING: OK.

SEINFELD: Seventy five million viewers...

KING: OK.

SEINFELD: ...the last episode.

KING: Boy, you...

SEINFELD: Was I canned?

KING: Don't take it so bad.

SEINFELD: Well, there's a big difference between being canceled and being number one.

KING: OK, I'm sorry.

Thenipwax fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 1, 2010

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!
When all's said and done, the show is great... but man, is Jerry ever a real douchebag.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
That interview does remind me that he did it right. You go out while you're still on top so that you're not remembered like The Simpsons.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Stuntman Mike posted:

When all's said and done, the show is great... but man, is Jerry ever a real douchebag.

I don't think so... if anyone's got a point, it's Jerry.

#1 show pretty much throughout the 90's, you're being interviewed by Larry loving King about how your show ended, and if anyone should know what's going on, it's King. Absolutely ridiculous that he more or less ASKED whether or not the show ended by their choice or it was cancelled.

Really?

Plus, Jerry is, by trade, a comedian. He is taking the piss out of Larry because that's what he does for a living.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Hennigan's:

"And because it's odourless, why it'll be our little secret ;)."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Hennigan's:

I'm running through the entire series for the first time, and the Hennigan's bit is my favourite so far. Along with the car reservations bit.

"Imagine! You can walk around drunk all day!"