Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Stuntman Mike posted:

When all's said and done, the show is great... but man, is Jerry ever a real douchebag.

Eh, he's got a right to be annoyed. Larry King was proud of the fact that he'd do absolutely no prep work for any interviews, and it shows.

Seinfeld also was ripping Lady Gaga recently, and I thought he might be acting like a d-bag, but he had a point there too. Somebody gave Gaga Jerry's box without his permission, and she was flipping off cameras and acting like an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZfUgVSfKdQ

I'd think that Seinfeld was just having fun with him.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Yeah, I really don't think he was seriously that mad, he was smiling throughout the whole thing. I also get the impression that he's known Larry King for a long time but that's just a hunch.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah watching the video he was just teasing Larry.

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!
Fair enough, but I have heard that the guy's a jerk in real life. Maybe for him it comes with the territory of being extremely rich.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Probably a combination of being filthy rich and his standup background. Noone hates their audience as much as standup comedians.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Leovinus posted:

Along with the car reservations bit.

Reservations Lady: I know how a reservation works.
Seinfeld: No. I don't think you do!

Stuntman Mike posted:

Fair enough, but I have heard that the guy's a jerk in real life. Maybe for him it comes with the territory of being extremely rich.

I don't know how accurate a representation it is of their real life, but Curb Your Enthusiasm taught me that Larry and Jerry working in conjunction are the worst human beings on the planet. It's wonderful, Jerry just goads Larry on and brings out the (best) worst in him.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Stuntman Mike posted:

Where did you hear that? Do you have any examples? I'm sure everyone has heard that some random celebrity is a jerk. I'm not saying you're wrong, unless you just heard it from a friend.

Captain Frigate
Apr 30, 2007

you cant have it, you dont have nuff teef to chew it
I'm pretty sure that the show is so funny because its essentially an example of complete worst case scenarios in human interaction. Its just everything going completely wrong in a way that straddles the line between realistic and outrageous.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The guy could be a serial killer of small children and I'd still watch the hell out of him and Larry David together talking about regular poo poo. It's like a miracle of nature watching those two guys interact.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

I just didn't want you to freak out.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

if anyone should know what's going on, it's King.

King likes to trot out that he doesnt prepare at all for interviews, and his ignorance creates some pretty fantastic moments with various guests.

How he got to be "the" name for important political guests, especially in his later years, is just baffling. He has a very long and distinguished career of loving up.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
"She likes the pop-in. I've told her how I hate the pop-in. He likes the pop-in, too."
"Just popped in now. I'm a big pop-in guy."

William Pahllace
Dec 22, 2009

Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings.
Happy Birthday to Larry David.

Being that today is his birthday, I can't help but think David wrote this for 'The Fire' shortly after having had one:

Jerry posted:

To me, the thing about birthday parties is that the first birthday party you have and the last birthday party you have are actually quite similar. You know, you just kinda sit there... you're the least excited person at the party. You don't even really realize that there is a party. You don't know what's goin' on. Both birthday parties, people have to kinda help you blow out the candles, you can't do it... you don't even know why you're doing it. What is this ritual? What is going on? It's also the only two birthday parties where other people have to gather your friends together for you. Sometimes they're not even your friends. They make the judgement. They bring 'em in, they sit 'em down, and they tell you - 'these are your friends! Tell them thank you for coming to my birthday party.

I can just see him sitting there with the surliest look on his face while all these people he doesn't remotely like celebrate and drink and eat his cake.

William Pahllace fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 2, 2010

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.

Ehud fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jul 2, 2010

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Don't worry, I can spot you the... twelve cents

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
....Mulva?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Whew... it's like a sauna in here.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Kevyn posted:

Ha I love the looks that George and Jerry give him after that comment.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Do you realize in the entire history of western civilization no one has

successfully accomplished the Roommate Switch? In the Middle Ages you

could get locked up for even suggesting it!"

Jul 3, 2004

careful!
"I will show you the stooges"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LAWLandMine posted:

G: "You're not goin to do it? What do you mean, You're not goin to do it?"
J: "I can't. I'm not an orgy guy."
G: "Are you crazy? This is like discovering Plutonium ... by accident."
J: "Don't you know what it means to become an orgy guy? It changes everything. I'd have to dress different. I'd have to act different. I'd have to grow a moustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and I'd need a new bedspread and new curtains I'd have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. I'd have to get new friends. I'd have to get orgy friends. ... Naw, I'm not ready for it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

G: "Are you crazy? This is like discovering Plutonium ... by accident."

George's freakout right here is probably my favorite George moment.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

LAWLandMine posted:

You know the forums will automatically
parse the lines for you; there's no need
to hit enter just because you think you're
at the end of a line. It's really jarring
to those of us reading it.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
My favorite Kramer scheme is probably one of if not his first: the levels. I love the part where they bet.

Kramer: A big dinner with dessert. But I've got till the end of the month.
Jerry: I'll give you a year.
Kramer: No, no, no. End of the month.
Jerry: It's a bet.

(Jerry rolls his eyes as Kramer extends his pinky for a pinky swear.)

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Double post, but holy poo poo. Amazon.com and .ca have the complete series on sale for over a hundred dollars off. Looks cheaper to buy from .com even for us Canadians. I bought it pretty much instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/Seinfeld-Complete-Jerry/dp/B000VECAEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278094104&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.ca/Seinfeld-Complete-Box-Set-DVD/dp/B000VXWXCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278093847&sr=8-1

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Lord of Laughton posted:

Double post, but holy poo poo. Amazon.com and .ca have the complete series on sale for over a hundred dollars off. Looks cheaper to buy from .com even for us Canadians. I bought it pretty much instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/Seinfeld-Complete-Jerry/dp/B000VECAEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278094104&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.ca/Seinfeld-Complete-Box-Set-DVD/dp/B000VXWXCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278093847&sr=8-1

It's gone as low as $85 on occasion. I'm holding out hope that might come up again.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's like a haiku.

The forums word-wrap
There's no need to hit enter
Don't do this again.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

What episode is it where Jerry and Elaine are having dinner at someone's house and Elaine is telling Jerry about a dream she had about him ("It was you, but it wasn't you...") as he gives his condescending nod? Think he is at the party to hook up with some chick there.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

regulargonzalez posted:

What episode is it where Jerry and Elaine are having dinner at someone's house and Elaine is telling Jerry about a dream she had about him ("It was you, but it wasn't you...") as he gives his condescending nod? Think he is at the party to hook up with some chick there.

"Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taft."
"Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taft. Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taft. Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taft...."

I remember those five names to this day.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

regulargonzalez posted:

It was the second episode, The Stake Out.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Thanks!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

WoG posted:

It was the second episode, The Stake Out.
Which was also the first episode where Art Vandalay was mentioned.

"Art Core... velay."

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

Stare-Out posted:

Which was also the first episode where Art Vandalay was mentioned.

"Art Core... velay."

My favorite made-up name from Seinfeld is "Eduardo Corrochio".

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Man, Peepshow totally stole that bit.

(Peepshow is still very good though)

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

You now realize that I
didn't type any of that out
and copy and pasted it directly
from a Seinfeld quote website
so your joke and unnecessary
correction of how it posted
is misguided. Thanks for
wasting your time on that
post.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
OHHHHHhhhh, I know the Roll-o-Mech 5000.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

LAWLandMine posted:

You now realize that I
didn't type any of that out
and copy and pasted it directly
from a Seinfeld quote website
so your joke and unnecessary
correction of how it posted
is misguided. Thanks for
wasting your time on that
post.

Your avatar is just perfect for you.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Palmtree Panic posted:

Your avatar is just perfect for you.

Thanks, that means a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Iron Crowned posted:

That interview does remind me that he did it right. You go out while you're still on top so that you're not remembered like The Simpsons.

After the phrase "Go out on top" was bandied about in every media mention of the series ending in '97, they even gave George that entire storyline in "The Burning" where he wants to "Go out on top" in every situation he's in, which eventually just leads to him walking out of his office every time he gets somebody to laugh. Still a great bit of meta humor.

George: I knew I had hit my high note, so I thanked the crowd, and I was gone.
Jerry: What did you do the rest of the day?
George: I saw Titanic. So, that old woman...she's just a liar, right?
Jerry: And a bit of a tramp, if you ask me.