Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

talk show ghost
Mar 2, 2006

by Ozma
im in love

"1984 mazda rx7 lowrider - $2500 (san fran)

clean title runs good smogged and reg march 2011 5sp 13b eng posi rear nice paint good int 1 pump 4 dumps 8 switch box fbss 3wheel 3 batt all in good working order sunroof custom canvas top 13x7 chrome/gold wires on 50 series tires has radio from factory 415-368-8480 can be put back org by removing hydros and insalling shocks and struts no cutting small dent on pass fender nothiing serious as you can see "

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
not an insane deal, but still wishful 'invested thinking':
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/1829226208.html

The syf0n shot is hilarious though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

talk show ghost posted:

im in love

Everything about that car is just :gonk: but a canvas top with a sunroof? I thought the whole idea of the "canvas" roof style was to make people think it was a convert?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

slidebite posted:

Everything about that car is just :gonk: but a canvas top with a sunroof? I thought the whole idea of the "canvas" roof style was to make people think it was a convert?

People who build show cars have the mentality that more = better. You can never go wrong with adding more tacky poo poo to a show car because each tacky thing you add gets you more points.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

frozenphil posted:

Depending on if the car is actually "clean and rust free" or not, that's a completely reasonable price that is very much inline with the market for foxbody Mustangs. I wouldn't doubt 425hp from a 347 stroker either. In fact, the only way you couldn't make that power with a 347 is if you used the stock heads and intake, and even then you're at 375hp.

Yeah he used "invested", posted no pictures, didn't really give any meaningful information about the car, and doesn't respond to emails, but there's nothing outrageous about his asking price or horsepower claims based on the limited information in that ad.

It's not the price alone, it's everything else you said about the ad. Come on, you're dictating "firm" prices, refusing to answer emails, and telling nothing about the car except for unsubstantiated horsepower claims and that it's "rust free," and you can't even be bothered to post a picture? The guy is acting like he's got the Mona Lisa and and you're lucky he listed it, much less responds to your inquiries. Pictures? gently caress you, this thing makes FOUR HUNNERT HOURSEPOWERS.

Also, here in Cleveland, I routinely see cars of similar vintage making similar claim for $5k-$6k, and some of them even post pictures and respond to emails. These aren't exactly the glory years for disposable income in northeast Ohio.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
I want this.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1824860312.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Joe Isuzu would also want you to have that. Do it.

Cheap Bourbon
Apr 13, 2010

slidebite posted:

Joe Isuzu would also want you to have that. Do it.

Would that not be a red flag if Joe Isuzu said trust me....

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

I saw one of these just 2 days ago and wondered what the heck it was. Now I know, thanks.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

talk show ghost posted:

im in love

Sad thing is, that's not the first RX7 on hydraulics that i have seen.

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

talk show ghost posted:

im in love

clean title runs good smogged and reg march 2011 5sp 13b eng posi rear nice paint good int 1 pump 4 dumps 8 switch box fbss 3wheel 3 batt all in good working order sunroof custom canvas top 13x7 chrome/gold wires on 50 series tires has radio from factory 415-368-8480 can be put back org by removing hydros and insalling shocks and struts no cutting small dent on pass fender nothiing serious as you can see "

This ad makes me mad in two ways: the crimes against my eyes, and the fact that this is cheaper than most RX7s in my state.

Speaking of Mazdas with custom paint:

A girl I know is moving, and put her Miata up for sale.

http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/1829903673.html

And then I just got pictures from a guy who is selling his "pink" convertible RX-7

Looks pretty white to me, but I can see some faint traces of pink. Something about July and pink mazdas I guess.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 28, 2018

star trek extra credit
Jun 3, 2007
(from the above)

some dumbass craigslist ad posted:

Hi Im Looking To Sell My "2003 Super Charged Cavalier LS Sport. Im Looking To Get A "WRX" ( Any Year From "2002 to 2004"). The Cavalier has The High Ecotec 2.2 Motor In It. The Engine Is Stocked, The Cavalier Has Lots Of Cool Body Mods Such As

-Black Rims
- Type V Black racing Spoiler
-8000K Purple HID Lights
-TEIN Lowering Springs(BRAND NEW)
-Ecotec 2.2 Super Charged Motor
-Tinted Windows (Limo Style)
-Lancer Evo VORTEXES
-Black Bra
-Brand new Kenwood Tweeters & Door Speakers
-Automatic
-Blue Racing Whippers
-Viper Alarm System with Auto start
-MSD
-Racing Chip
-Exhaust Racing Tip ( Sounds Mean & Deep With The Ecotec 2.2 Motor)
-New Breaks
-New Tires
-Blacked Out Tail Lights
-Super Charged
AND MORE!!!
Over $2,000 In Body Mods Put Into the Car
The Car Is In Denver You May Have Seen It Around But I Really Want A "WRX" So If Your Interested Please Text me At "720-202-4229" Thank You

he wants a WRX plus cash for his shitbox cavalier

edit: whoops forgot

That was the only picture worth uploading, the rest are just stupid.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
RARE!! 1984 bmw 318 dinan turbo 1 of 1 ever made - $3000 (east canton)

I know the original owner of this car, my brother in laws mother is the original owner and then he bought it from her when she got a new BMW. This was a fast loving car in it's day, hell it was still fast as gently caress ten years ago when the turbo was still on it. She got taken advantage of by a garage, that's why the turbo is missing. He told her the turbo was bad and he switched the car to na but never gave her back the turbo. The car was still quick without it but it was a loving rocket ship with it.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/1824881651.html

quote:

if you like m3, 318, 325, turbo then look at this.

i have for sale a black 1984 bmw 318 is this is a 1 of 1 ever made. i have the entire turbo kit that was on the car, minus the compressor. the car was switched to n.a. but the turbo kit was saved. the story on the car is.... the owner of dinan bmw performance special ordered this car from bmw and they put on the 2002 bmw test kit on this car. the kit was not used or mass produced for the 318. i was told by the only tech that has been there since the 80's that he built this car, and he gave me this info. i will try and post pics soon, or i can send through text.

the car does need some minor bodywork, and engine refreshed, but it is a 1 of 1 ever made dinan car.
the car is a black 2 door 5 speed with a full tasteful bodykit and borbet 5 star new rims and tires.also tan leather recaro limited m power seats.
please call me with offers, or questions. may trade for old car/ratrod/hotrod/leadsled??????? p.s. no b.s. this car is what it is i have verified this through dinan, and should be able to obtain paperwork to prove it, so please don't try and send me negative e-mails, and texts. i have owned many bimmers, so i wouldn't post a b.s. ad. thanks.

He didn't have a garage and lives in a shady neighborhood and he sold it so that it could be restored by someone who had the time and money. I would have bought it myself but i didnt know he sold it until after the fact. I texted him today to confirm it was his old car and he couldn't believe it, he kicks himself daily for selling it. The car is rough, lovely paint, worn interior, and engine needed rebuilt last time i drove it. It has dinan suspension also if i remember correctly because it has always sat way lower and rode much stiffer than other BMWs of the same year.

I would do bad things to this car if i could get it for $1500 - $2000, it's not worth even that much if he didn't fix the issues it had it was sold. I just remember how cool it was back in the day.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

VanFullOfMidgets posted:

(from the above)

he wants a WRX plus cash for his shitbox cavalier

edit: whoops forgot

That was the only picture worth uploading, the rest are just stupid.

:wtc:

Why do I get the aching sensation that the reason there isn't an engine pic anywhere on that page is because the "supercharger" is nothing more than a CAI?

What a piece of poo poo. I wouldn't even give him a WRX with a blown engine for that abomination.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1832901466.html

cl poster posted:

91 Da Teg Mint *Trade/Sell* - $1 (Gratis)
Date: 2010-07-08, 7:55PM EDT
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a 91 Integra rs b18a1 non vtec VARY CLEAN 144xxx miles vary low for year and a honda im not dumb i kno about hondas, its my everyday driver runs and drives good no grinds no leaks no rust newer paint, newer timing belt, water pump, FREASH oil and tune up New brakes and rotors Whole Nine Yards nice car Im sure im forgetting things but car is worth it because it nice and clean

Mods
2000 si front seats
Stage 2 clutch
Skunk 2 strut bar
After Market Intake
After Market Muffler (Sounds Good)
Short Thorw Shifter
Full cold air kit
Fully Adjutable coil overs
Brand New 17in Adr Rims and Tires
8mm Plug wires that are red
Blacked Out tail lights
Jvc Cd player with all new speakers
Tinted Windows
Car is Mint REAL NICE

TRADE ONLY 5 speed honda's or Acuras
Dont Need to Trade/Sell juat seeing whats out there

TEXT ONLY 513 453 3622 and for more pics

Yeah you are forgetting things like writing proper English. And what kind of person will only close a deal via text message? What has this world come too?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SiliconX posted:

:wtc:

Why do I get the aching sensation that the reason there isn't an engine pic anywhere on that page is because the "supercharger" is nothing more than a CAI?

What a piece of poo poo. I wouldn't even give him a WRX with a blown engine for that abomination.

I instantly had doubts about it actually being supercharged. I don't think the LS had the supercharger as an option, but I don't care enough to research it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Elephanthead posted:

I instantly had doubts about it actually being supercharged. I don't think the LS had the supercharger as an option, but I don't care enough to research it.
It didn't; only the Cobalt had a supercharger option (as the Cobalt SS Supercharged, as opposed to the "Cobalt SS" with body kit and the SS/TC) and I believe that was only mated to a 2.0L Ecotec motor.

The Cavalier had a lot of supercharger kits available but they were mostly bastardized kits from the S-10 that were manhandled to fit the 2200 SFI's rotated intake manifold and throttle body. There was even an official GM one, but it wasn't actually for the Cavalier and definitely not for the Ecotec. I don't know of any designed for the 2.4L twin cam (LD9) or for the 2.2L Ecotec (L61/L42). It looks like one exists for the Ecotec Cavalier, but it's pretty expensive and I doubt rice-boy could justify that. Hahn of course has turbochargers available for it.

The Cobalt SS/SC didn't come out until 2005 anyway I believe. Confusing matters further is that they also released a Cobalt SS in 2006 with a 2.4L Ecotec and no forced induction, while they were simultaneously selling the supercharged model. Way to pollute your trim levels, GM. Then again, they did the same thing with a "Cavalier SS" which was supposed to get factory supercharging but eventually arrived with just a bodykit.

tldr: Superchargers were not officially offered for any Cavalier. Also I know too much about J- and Delta-bodies.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 9, 2010

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

joat mon posted:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/1763979227.html

Another Malcolm Bricklin special.
0-50? 37 seconds.
But I'd get it in a second if I had the space/money.

I just got done reading this:
The Yugo: The Rise and Fall of the Worst Car in History
http://www.amazon.com/Yugo-Rise-Fall-Worst-History/dp/0809098911/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278694163&sr=8-1

Apparently Bricklin managed to get it imported into the states as a kind of covered motorcycle because of its low weight.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 9, 2010

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
NEW YORK – An upcoming New York City auction will feature the belongings of movie cowboy Roy Rogers — including the preserved remains of his famous horse, Trigger.

Christie's in Manhattan held a preview Friday for next week's auction. The items are from the now-closed Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Museum in Branson, Mo.

Rogers had his faithful companion preserved with taxidermy in 1965. The presale estimate for the dead horse is $100,000 to $200,000.

The auction also will offer another kind of horsepower — Rogers' 1964 Bonneville convertible, adorned with collectible silver dollars. It's estimated at $100,000 to $150,000.

Hand-drawn music for the theme song "Happy Trails" has a presale estimate of $300 to $500.

Which one of you guys is going to pull the trigger on Trigger?

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-BUICK-ROADMASTER-/120590343159?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c13be9bf7#ht_500wt_1182

Fuuuck, someone buy it. It's about 10 hours too far away for me to buy, considering whatever I get I have to drive 1300 miles in a month anyway. This thing is awesome.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
One Subaru 360 is great, but how about three? Subarus are lego cars, so an EJ22t should fit, right?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1830840433.html

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007
HOLY gently caress. I am buying it. Please goons, it's too perfect, don't steal it from me. That is THE car I've been looking for. Thank you, Salt the Fries, for helping make my dream come true. No joke, I will post pictures when I buy it.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

radikewlism posted:

HOLY gently caress. I am buying it. Please goons, it's too perfect, don't steal it from me. That is THE car I've been looking for. Thank you, Salt the Fries, for helping make my dream come true. No joke, I will post pictures when I buy it.

I was just getting ready to bid on it when i read your post. I'm not gonna bid against you so you better win this thing, i was gonna pull the motor and sell the shell. I'd rather someone buy it to use as a driver.

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007

Toucan Sam posted:

I was just getting ready to bid on it when i read your post. I'm not gonna bid against you so you better win this thing, i was gonna pull the motor and sell the shell. I'd rather someone buy it to use as a driver.

Nope, I want this car so bad as a daily driver. My grandpa used to own one and I loved it, so I've been on the hunt lately. My dad is totally behind this, and since I'm working tomarrow he said he'd win it for me. When I asked if I should get directions to 'Orange, Virginia' (we're in southern maryland), he said "gently caress it, it's Virginia.

Sorry for the minor derail. Even though it wasn't craigslist, you guys certainly found me some gold :).

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

radikewlism posted:

Nope, I want this car so bad as a daily driver.

Godspeed with your 90s family truckster, you crazy bastard.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Good luck man, it's a beautiful example and i hope you get it. Watch out for the snipers. Seriously, i hope you get it.

jandrese
Apr 3, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Orange is about a half hour south of Culpeper located directly in the middle of nowhere.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^

radikewlism posted:

:love:

edit: so jealous.

salt the fries! fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 10, 2010

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I have no idea what kind of truck this is, but after reading Mooecow's project thread.. man I swear this would be mine if I had a suitable place to keep it.

Click here for the full 1437x871 image.

Edit: And this would be next to it...

Click here for the full 1433x865 image.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 10, 2010

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

DarthJeebus posted:

I have no idea what kind of truck this is, but after reading Mooecow's project thread.. man I swear this would be mine if I had a suitable place to keep it.

Click here for the full 1437x871 image.

Edit: And this would be next to it...

Click here for the full 1433x865 image.

It's a GMC. I always loved that vintage.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Want. I am strange / a masochist.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/1829357998.html

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

jandrese posted:

Orange is about a half hour south of Culpeper located directly in the middle of nowhere.

hahaha This. I used to live in Culpeper. Buy that roadmaster, drive it down 522.

Stemmler
May 17, 2004

salt the fries! posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-BUICK-ROADMASTER-/120590343159?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c13be9bf7#ht_500wt_1182

Fuuuck, someone buy it. It's about 10 hours too far away for me to buy, considering whatever I get I have to drive 1300 miles in a month anyway. This thing is awesome.

Only problem with this add is it's not an LT1. It's a TBI 350, still a good engine and a good car. LT1 wasn't an option till 94 and the pic is a TBI.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Stemmler posted:

Only problem with this add is it's not an LT1. It's a TBI 350, still a good engine and a good car. LT1 wasn't an option till 94 and the pic is a TBI.

LT1? Doesn't specify...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/1829931093.html

Stemmler
May 17, 2004

Black88GTA posted:

LT1? Doesn't specify...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/1829931093.html

Could be, most likley if it is fully loaded. I think there was till an option fot non LT1 engines in the 94+ years. Easiest way without popping the hood is look at exhaust. Stock dual exhaust means LT1.

Looking at the doors it's either got them replaced or it's a 95-96. 94 still had the small pod mirrors mounted on the door not the corner of the window. That car is close by.

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007
gently caress my life. It got up to 1275 before it ended, which was just out of my price range. I hate life, I hate everything. Thanks anyway goons, it woulda been amazing if I could have got it.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

radikewlism posted:

gently caress my life. It got up to 1275 before it ended, which was just out of my price range. I hate life, I hate everything. Thanks anyway goons, it woulda been amazing if I could have got it.

Chin up buddy :glomp: There's currently a '91 Roadmaster wagon in Bayonne, NJ for $900 on CL...

quote:

1991 Buick roadmaster stationwagon.128 K miles .Runs very good.If interested call

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1782152279.html

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
S :argh: swapped RX-8

CL posted:

2007 RX-8 all custom!! - $15000 (Houston)
Date: 2010-06-25, 8:20AM CDT
Reply to: sale-jkvuw-1810121216@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

My RX-8 is one off project. As far as i know there is not another one with this type of motor. The car is a 2007 Mazda RX8 with an sr20det blacktop turbo motor from a Nissan 240sx. As i said the car is a one off and tons of custom work. I was trying to wait til the car was done before selling it but i need to get rid of the car due to the fact my son is being born very soon. If you buy the car you wont have to spend much on it i have already paid for 95% of the work being done. Price is OBO call or txt with any questions.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Click here for the full 607x457 image.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1810121216.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

I wonder if he still has the renesis. That would be a cool(ish) motor to swap into a first gen.