Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Cock Soup posted:

My band's album is finally out, and since we're only selling them at shows, I'm pretty sure you guys will never get a chance to buy it. So, here's a Something Awful exclusive free download link for the full album. Feedbacks are more than welcome.

If you want some info about the music before downloading, I'd qualify the music we do as Melodic Deathcore, with a slight twist. As the main composer for the band, my main influences are As I Lay Dying, Black Dahlia Murder, and pretty much all the music I've ever listened to.

http://rapidshare.com/files/402776950/Obsek_-_Traumatic_Experiment.rar.html

If you really like the album, add us on Myspace @ https://www.myspace.com/obsek

(If you've listened to the last AILD album and notice similarities between the breakdown at the end of Then, I Relapse and AILD's Anodyne Sea's breakdown, think that our album was recorded before they even entered studio for that album, and that we had sent some rough tracks to Tim Lambesis (their singer) for him to give us a price for mastering our album. Coincidence? I do think so.)

I've only listened to one song so far (Then, I Relapse), but I must say, it was pretty brutal. Very well done, too. My only gripe is it kind of sounds sorta generic-y, but not to the point of spoiling it. I'll listen to some of the other songs before I give a final opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I've only listened to one song so far (Then, I Relapse), but I must say, it was pretty brutal. Very well done, too. My only gripe is it kind of sounds sorta generic-y, but not to the point of spoiling it. I'll listen to some of the other songs before I give a final opinion.

A'right, thanks for the kind words. You'll see that the other songs are less generic-y... Well, I hope you'll think so. Give a listen to Toadstool, I think it's our most progressive one.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Cock Soup posted:

A'right, thanks for the kind words. You'll see that the other songs are less generic-y... Well, I hope you'll think so. Give a listen to Toadstool, I think it's our most progressive one.

Toadstool owns. Toward Another Dimension is pretty sick-nasty, too. I have yet to get past Then, I Relapse, however, but I am liking what I'm hearing.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

RapidShare posted:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

Welp :saddowns:

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

m3talh3ad posted:

Welp :saddowns:

Fixed. Sowwy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/403149676/Obsek_-_Traumatic_Experiment.rar.htm
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmn1wxqwg4z

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

Worked perfectly, listening to this on repeat while I sleep. This poo poo is good man! I've been looking for something to take the edge off while waiting for Parkway to come out, and this is great. I really like the Black Dahlia feel, with your own flavor as well. :golfclap: Thanks again

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

m3talh3ad posted:

Worked perfectly, listening to this on repeat while I sleep. This poo poo is good man! I've been looking for something to take the edge off while waiting for Parkway to come out, and this is great. I really like the Black Dahlia feel, with your own flavor as well. :golfclap: Thanks again

It's my pleasure. Thank you for your kind words, I'm really glad you like it.

VVVVVV I don't feel like flooding the thread and treating it as a chat room so, thank you for your words. We have no plans for U.S. dates right now but whenever we get the opportunity to go and tour there, I'll make sure to keep you posted. Again, thanks for the support.

Cock Soup fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 28, 2010

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Cock Soup posted:

My band's album is finally out, and since we're only selling them at shows, I'm pretty sure you guys will never get a chance to buy it. So, here's a Something Awful exclusive free download link for the full album. Feedbacks are more than welcome.

I'm really enjoying this. I'm such a sucker for when people add clips from movies/TV shows, etc. so kudos on that. Your singer's voice is awesome well, and I really can't complain about anything. Please let us know if you ever tour; Austin is a long ways from Quebec, but I'll support you guys if you're in the area.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

neato burrito posted:

I'm really enjoying this. I'm such a sucker for when people add clips from movies/TV shows, etc. so kudos on that. Your singer's voice is awesome well, and I really can't complain about anything. Please let us know if you ever tour; Austin is a long ways from Quebec, but I'll support you guys if you're in the area.

Maryland too please :)

Also, I'm jealous as poo poo. Fellow goon jetviper21 ordered the PWD cd from their website, and it already came. It isn't due out in America till Tuesday! What the gently caress! (Have I become)

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
sometimes online orders ship before things hit stores :ssh:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Cock Soup posted:

If you want some info about the music before downloading, I'd qualify the music we do as Melodic Deathcore, with a slight twist. As the main composer for the band, my main influences are As I Lay Dying, Black Dahlia Murder, and pretty much all the music I've ever listened to.

Hey, this is pretty good. I was expecting it to suck, but it doesent! :)

I really like the Black Dahlia vibe, as someone else pointed out.

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Hey, this is pretty good. I was expecting it to suck, but it doesent! :)

I really like the Black Dahlia vibe, as someone else pointed out.

Hahaha I'm glad I've surprised you. Thanks a whole lot. :)

Sleepy Robot
Mar 24, 2006
instant constitutional scholar, just add astonomist
I'm looking for some metal that sounds similar to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpDcn6ox4kE&fmt=18

I especially like the whispery lyrics, the theme (Mothra the fictional moth monster from godzilla, etc), and the drumming style. Unfortunately one of the members from this band died a while back and they only released one CD.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Due to my status as a radio person, I received a 3-song sampler for the upcoming Acacia Strain tape. It has "Jonestown", "The Hills Have Eyes" and "Terminated". The big attraction is "Hills Have Eyes" which is so ridiculously good it blows "Jonestown" out of the water. There is a breakdown (Strain style of course) of untold heaviness and brutality that is sure to leave you lying unconscious in a pool of your own blood and diarrhoea. IT'S THAT GOOD! Can't wait for the rest of the tape.

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

deernardz posted:

I'm looking for some metal that sounds similar to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpDcn6ox4kE&fmt=18

I especially like the whispery lyrics, the theme (Mothra the fictional moth monster from godzilla, etc), and the drumming style. Unfortunately one of the members from this band died a while back and they only released one CD.

You're not really in the right thread, but Tool will do the job.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Preview of the new Ion Dissonance album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pPS3yFTmD0&feature=player_embedded

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

g0lbez posted:

Preview of the new Ion Dissonance album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pPS3yFTmD0&feature=player_embedded

yeah that's not much of a preview, but poo poo drat I am excited for that tape. Minus the Herd was one of the better tapes of 2006 for sure. I'm still addicted to "Kneel", one of my favorite songs of all time!!!

Think
Sep 20, 2005

krustster posted:

Due to my status as a radio person, I received a 3-song sampler for the upcoming Acacia Strain tape. It has "Jonestown", "The Hills Have Eyes" and "Terminated". The big attraction is "Hills Have Eyes" which is so ridiculously good it blows "Jonestown" out of the water. There is a breakdown (Strain style of course) of untold heaviness and brutality that is sure to leave you lying unconscious in a pool of your own blood and diarrhoea. IT'S THAT GOOD! Can't wait for the rest of the tape.

It better live up to this description. :argh:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

yeah I would make a youtube video or something but it's kind of time consuming and I'm sure someone else will do it soon. Until then, just trust me :c00l:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

krustster posted:

yeah I would make a youtube video or something but it's kind of time consuming and I'm sure someone else will do it soon. Until then, just trust me :c00l:

Are these the final album versions of "Hills" and "Terminated"? Because I've heard rough cuts of both songs on the recent "The Most Unheard" 'tape' that also has a Slayer cover and the Dr. Doom demo and some other poo poo. Hills rules, Terminated is okay. I want this album to come out NOW :)

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Are these the final album versions of "Hills" and "Terminated"? Because I've heard rough cuts of both songs on the recent "The Most Unheard" 'tape' that also has a Slayer cover and the Dr. Doom demo and some other poo poo. Hills rules, Terminated is okay. I want this album to come out NOW :)

Yeah it's the album versions.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I'm looking for a metal video. The video takes place at some rich person's pool. It looks kinda like a hip hop video. The guys chase around some broads and throw bologna at them. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
That's only every metal video ever :rolleyes:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Sweet thanks you charmer you

Think
Sep 20, 2005

Yeah, it's Rise and Oppose by Diecast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQgzy4Hg7JE

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Faux Shoah posted:

Yeah, it's Rise and Oppose by Diecast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQgzy4Hg7JE

Man, I've never really heard much of Diecast's stuff before Internal Revolution, but this just shows what a beast Jason is at the drums and how awesome it is for him to have gone to ATR.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Has Texas in July been mentioned in this thread yet? I recently heard them pop up on my last.fm feed and I'm really digging them. The singer has sick vocals. They're all like 17 or 18 and already signed. Good for these dudes.

MySpace.com/texasinjuly

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Has Texas in July been mentioned in this thread yet? I recently heard them pop up on my last.fm feed and I'm really digging them. The singer has sick vocals. They're all like 17 or 18 and already signed. Good for these dudes.

MySpace.com/texasinjuly

A buddy of mine just showed me these guys a day or two back and I really dug em. The vocalist reminds me of Micah Kinard from Oh, Sleeper at some points.

SteelFusion
Jan 10, 2006

that cow college

ShoogaSlim posted:

MySpace.com/texasinjuly

Their drummer is good friends with Matt Greiner from ABR, and it really shows in his playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H95RamOwH7c

Kid is a loving beast.

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008
New Born Of Osiris song teasers!!!!!! It's at the bottom of their music player.

http://www.myspace.com/bornofosiris

Yeah, this is awesome. The riff at 2:13? Oh. My. God. :fap:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

MalConstant posted:

Oh. My. God. :fap:

Think
Sep 20, 2005

New Acacia Strain leaked :ssh:

edit: and yes, it's loving sweet

Think fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 15, 2010

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Faux Shoah posted:

Goddamnit it hadn't when I went to bed last night, now I'm at work and can't hear it until this evening gently caress this gay earth

But I did pay for a pre-order so I can listen guilt-free :)

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi

Faux Shoah posted:

Its ripping my face apart atm

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Seriously contemplating leaving work "sick" to go home and listen to it :(

threat level tesco
Jul 2, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Seriously contemplating leaving work "sick" to go home and listen to it :(

Do it. It's worth it.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

holy gently caress this owns and I'm only on the first track

Think
Sep 20, 2005

My only complaint against an otherwise great album is that Tactical Nuke goes on too long. Like, 5 minutes too long.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah. I don't know what they were going for with Tactical Nuke. After the third time playing the exact same piece I actually said aloud, "Oh shut the gently caress up" before going back to Beast.

Not sure how I feel about the album as a whole after one listen. I like it, I know that for sure, but it somehow seems to lack the groove/catchyness a lot of Continent songs had. Although to be fair, at first, I wasn't sure about Continent and was comparing it to The Dead Walk.

Edit: Why do so many of the lyrics rhyme? Vincent never gave a poo poo about rhyming before, and I liked it better that way.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Yeah. I don't know what they were going for with Tactical Nuke. After the third time playing the exact same piece I actually said aloud, "Oh shut the gently caress up" before going back to Beast.

Not sure how I feel about the album as a whole after one listen. I like it, I know that for sure, but it somehow seems to lack the groove/catchyness a lot of Continent songs had. Although to be fair, at first, I wasn't sure about Continent and was comparing it to The Dead Walk.

Edit: Why do so many of the lyrics rhyme? Vincent never gave a poo poo about rhyming before, and I liked it better that way.

maybe you should stop complaining :mad: