Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
That certainly sucks for younger EDM fans, but as someone who attends massive events like EDC, the worst part is always the younger crowd. The groups who charge the gates and try to break security are always full of younger kids, and I tend to find that most of the people I see sitting on the sides too screwed up to do much of anything are the younger kids. Not to say that the twenty-somethings don't cause trouble, but to be perfectly honest, High School kids have no place at an event like EDC. I remember seeing thirteen and fourteen year olds at a New Years Eve All Ages Rave put on by the same event company, and quite frankly that's just wrong.

Hopefully there will be a lot less Prosti-tots. They'll still find many ways to sneak in... It happens everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowbo
Jan 16, 2010

Mr Viper posted:

More news, HARD w/MIA is cancelled. Apparently it's from low ticket sales. I'm not REALLY surprised -- I'm not a huge fan of MIA, I know she's got a good following, but putting on a HARD-style rave for her made NO SENSE. She should be playing shows at medium sized venues.

sad. I was really excited about it. I think the problem was definitely with MIA - neither I nor anyone I know was going for her. We were all going for the supporting lineup, which was fantastic.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr Viper posted:

More news, HARD w/MIA is cancelled. Apparently it's from low ticket sales. I'm not REALLY surprised -- I'm not a huge fan of MIA, I know she's got a good following, but putting on a HARD-style rave for her made NO SENSE. She should be playing shows at medium sized venues.
I could see that, but should HARD really rely on their headliners getting people through the door, or just throwing a huge rave? They didn't even get to throw the party last year. Sounds to me like Richards just isn't that great at making a party work, and he thought MIA, NERD and Crystal Castles would write his paycheck in 2k10.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 14, 2010

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
Someone post some bangers, please! I'm running out of new material to impress my friends with.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Lysis posted:

Someone post some bangers, please! I'm running out of new material to impress my friends with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt4jFFDmZqM

SynthesizerKaiser
Jan 28, 2009
BOOSTER JUICE

Lysis posted:

http://www.myspace.com/maorlevi123xyz

All of his 123XYZ alias remixes will satisfy your needs.

Edit: Jeeze, I can't believe his player is only reporting 179 plays of "Plump DJs - Doppler (123XYZ Remix)". It's a shame, really.

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
My friend introduced me to Cinnamon Chasers today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Y1MalRrDc

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

ManoliIsFat posted:

Sounds to me like Richards just isn't that great at making a party work, and he thought MIA, NERD and Crystal Castles would write his paycheck in 2k10.

If you look at the HARD track record though, besides that one fiasco at the forum that the Inglewood Police had to shut down, all HARD events (that I've been to at least) have been put together really well.

Having said that, since the MIA/NERD/CC show was announced, I had a feeling it wouldn't work. MIA doesn't have a huge scene. NERD doesn't have a huge scene. I'd almost say Crystal Castles is a bigger "name" than the other two, even. I think this one show was just weird and doomed from the beginning.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

Pres posted:

Oh wow I didn't know there was a video for that. That's quite the music video!

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

the original is amazing too but

http://soundcloud.com/mustard-pimp/designer-drugs-riot-mustard-pimp-remix

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
Ive seen MIA, NERD, and CC separately, let alone TOGETHER on ONE night. That lineup would melt your loving face off, then I dont know what to say because between those three bands, you've got 8 or 9 albums of material that they can pull from. I swear to God you big city folk are loving spoiled beyond belief. (I'm not hating, just jealous that LA has so many loving awesome shows all the time. I JUST WANNA SEE SOULWAX ONCE FOR CHRISTS SAKE.)

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Mr Viper posted:

Having said that, since the MIA/NERD/CC show was announced, I had a feeling it wouldn't work. MIA doesn't have a huge scene. NERD doesn't have a huge scene. I'd almost say Crystal Castles is a bigger "name" than the other two, even. I think this one show was just weird and doomed from the beginning.

you have to be loving crazy to believe this.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Threatis posted:

you have to be loving crazy to believe this.

Good quality post right here. :derp:

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Mr Viper posted:

Good quality post right here. :derp:

dude, MIA is loving HUGE. i really dont know how to elaborate.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Threatis posted:

dude, MIA is loving HUGE. i really dont know how to elaborate.

Not in Los Angeles, where HARD MIA is being thrown. I understand you're from B-town, but she's just not that big here.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
Sorry, Viper, I know you're a Sunny dude, and I like that, but you were loving out to lunch on that one. Crystal Castles is bigger than MIA and NERD? Were you not around in Summer of 2007? Did you not hear Paper Planes every 5 seconds? Pharrell, dude? C'mon man, were you in a 6 year coma from 2000-2006 before you saw Daft Punk? I know you have your differences with Threatis, but seriously bro, saying that CC is bigger than MIA/NERD is like saying Kid 606 is bigger than David Guetta.

MTM_F-
May 4, 2010

all i wanna do is

and a, and take your money

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Overhead at Coachella: Four LA girls talking about the best acts at Coach 10...

Girl 1: "SO we are in agreement that David Guetta, Deadmau5, and Benny Benassi were the best acts we saw this weekend?"

Girl 2: "Put Gorillaz down too, they're my favorite and they were awesome!"

Girl 1: "Are you loving seriously? They suck."

Girl 3: "Yeah, they're poo poo."

Girl 2: "Oh, sorry."

In 2010, Benny Benassi is still riding hard because of Satisfaction. This blows my loving mind.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Furnace posted:

Sorry, Viper, I know you're a Sunny dude, and I like that, but you were loving out to lunch on that one. Crystal Castles is bigger than MIA and NERD? Were you not around in Summer of 2007? Did you not hear Paper Planes every 5 seconds? Pharrell, dude? C'mon man, were you in a 6 year coma from 2000-2006 before you saw Daft Punk? I know you have your differences with Threatis, but seriously bro, saying that CC is bigger than MIA/NERD is like saying Kid 606 is bigger than David Guetta.

For HARD, a company that usually throws raves with DJs like deadmau5 and Boys Noize and 2manyDJs, it's weird to put on a show with decidedly less electronica-sounding and more hiphop sounding (and lyrics based) MIA. That's what I'm trying to say. To the normal raver fans of HARD events, MIA isn't the kind of music they listen to.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that i was just comparing MIA's bigness to the LA HARD rave-style festival scene.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Furnace posted:

Overhead at Coachella: Four LA girls talking about the best acts at Coach 10...

Girl 1: "SO we are in agreement that David Guetta, Deadmau5, and Benny Benassi were the best acts we saw this weekend?"

Girl 2: "Put Gorillaz down too, they're my favorite and they were awesome!"

Girl 1: "Are you loving seriously? They suck."

Girl 3: "Yeah, they're poo poo."

Girl 2: "Oh, sorry."

In 2010, Benny Benassi is still riding hard because of Satisfaction. This blows my loving mind.

a song his brother allegedly produced

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Threatis posted:

a song his brother allegedly produced

I could not be madder at the entire world.

And if LA ravers (I cannot believe I just typed that) arent into MIA then they seriously need to check their steeze in a major lazer way.

Less electronica, more hip-hop sounding? Die Antwoord? Diplo? Cmon bro.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Mr Viper posted:

Not in Los Angeles, where HARD MIA is being thrown. I understand you're from B-town, but she's just not that big here.

Lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop
y'all seen curbcheck?

I gots a bone to pick.

rustyw
Nov 27, 2005

Mr Viper posted:

Yeah I have to agree with the others and say that this is insane speculation. Not only is it loving MIA, but she just dropped an album. The very last thing HARD wouldn't work because of is her.

Also re: that Mustard Pimp remix, you could take anything Mustard Pimp and it will be perfect for the beginning of a set, because those intros are always so over the top.

trill rear end posted:

y'all seen curbcheck?

I gots a bone to pick.

what is this

rustyw fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 15, 2010

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...

trill rear end posted:

y'all seen curbcheck?

I gots a bone to pick.

Nah but last I went to his blog to check out new stuff all the newish videos had been removed for terms of service.

Also just entered into a remix contest for Nappy Roots - Fishbowl: http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22451, spam that poo poo around if you all so please :)

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Can anybody tell me what song is used in this nice video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCGow1S9spQ

It sounds very similar to Matt Sanders - Sandbag... but it has to be a remix.
Any idea guys?

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992

Pres posted:

Loving the poo poo out of this! Both the song and the video are great, cant stop listening.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr Viper posted:

If you look at the HARD track record though, besides that one fiasco at the forum that the Inglewood Police had to shut down, all HARD events (that I've been to at least) have been put together really well.
They definitely did, and they were huge events. Maybe it got too big.

quote:

Ha, you're right. And I love NERD, Hugo is the man.

trill rear end posted:

y'all seen curbcheck?

I gots a bone to pick.

lol did he jack ur poo poo?

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 15, 2010

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

They definitely did, and they were huge events. Maybe it got too big.
Ha, you're right. And I love NERD, Hugo is the man.

NERD is boring live. MIA is terrible live.

15k-18k for a show isn't that big. Fuckin the bro-core KROQ radio-concerts are bigger.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 15, 2010

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

incoherent posted:

Ahhhh, I've never seen NERD. I think its been the thought for a while that MIA can't consistently rock a party, that she's mostly "out of it". I could see how she could potentially totally tear it up.

incoherent posted:

15k-18k for a show isn't that big. Fuckin the bro-core KROQ radio-concerts are bigger.
Oh, I thought events like these were getting 150k people out. Maybe that's just EDC, though, which was always like THE rave.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 15, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

incoherent posted:

You could not be further from the truth. NERD kills it with two drummers, loving Hugo, the mentalist know as Shad, and Skateboard P is a loving beast onstage.

The two times Ive seen MIA were loving amazing. I saw her in an half-empty arena when she opened for Gwen Stefani, and that was pretty incredible considering 20 people knew who she was then.

Then I saw her headline at Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver (2000 ppl) and she loving SLAYED. Still one of the best club shows I've ever seen.

You have to give rappers (without a live band) a break considering they dont have that many people to play off of onstage. Honestly, I would take a mediocre MIA show over a dj anyday. ALSO, LA MUSIC FANS ARE SPOILED THE gently caress ROTTEN.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
lol at people in this thread talking about the popularity of artists and bro's and poo poo when this whole thread is about people were going on about pretty well known dj's like they were some underground poo poo that literally no-one has heard of.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I saw MIA just after Kala was released and it was rad, she killed it with just herself, a DJ and a hype man.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

I could see how she could potentially totally tear it up.

This. This is what I want desperately. I will not fault her technical problems, but she still has a long way to go to master her stage presence.

LE0N posted:

lol at people in this thread talking about the popularity of artists and bro's and poo poo when this whole thread is about people were going on about pretty well known dj's like they were some underground poo poo that literally no-one has heard of.

Well it would be pretty stupid to say that MIA is a underground sensation. However, I'll maintain she cannot carry a festival. The NYC show is still on however and it will be interesting to see how that goes.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 15, 2010

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.

Pres posted:

i love you man!

SHOPPA 4 LYFE
Jun 1, 2008

Remember
That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms
And my roots will set off to seek another land

Pres posted:

drat that video is great. I'm glad that they didn't have him wake up to his alarm at the end, woulda been a big cop out.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Oh god someone please help me.

When I was a lad and just getting into house music I purchased a 2 CD set done by Paul Oakenfold and Fatboy Slim entitled "Essential Selection Vol. 1"

Now that I am grown I am reminiscing and remembering what a sweet loving mix those CDs were. But I can't find them anywhere in my CD collection. They're gone! Aaaa! Not to fear, I think! I'll just go online and buy that set again, download it right here and now, and be grooving in my chair in a matter of minutes!

Not so. I cannot find a place where I can purchase and download this album anywhere. You'd think being something put together by 2 of the more famous DJs in the world (at the time, at least), it'd be easier to find a place to download this thing.

Does anyone know where I could find it? I'd really love to have it for a party this Saturday. :ohdear:

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Afrojack had his first essential mix 5 days ago. Its loving incredible and everyone should check it out.

Here is a lovely link I got from google, you can also get it from a lot of private sites (tribalmixes.com)

http://hotfile.com/dl/53749311/dac4330/Essential_Mix_Afrojack_2010_07_10.mp3.html

code:

Tracklisting

00. Afrojack & Bobby Burns - Bungee (Original Mix) (Intro)
01. Afrojack - Megamash
02. Duck Sauce - Barbara Streisand
03. Afrojack & Gregor Salto - I'll Be There
04. Afrojack - Polkadots 2010 (Oliver Twizt Remix)
05. Basement Jaxx - Fly Life (Switch Remix)
06. ID
07. David Guetta - Memories (ID Remix)
08. David Guetta & Afrojack - Toyfriend
09. Major Lazer - Pon De Floor (Afrojack Version)
10. Afrojack - Funk With Me
11. Afrojack feat. Eva Simons - Take Over Control
12. Afrojack & Bobby Burns - Ghettoblaster (Original Mix)
13. ID
14. Kaskade - Dynasty (Dada Life Remix)
15. Example - Kickstarts (Afrojack Remix)
16. ID
17. Sharam - M.I.T.T
18. ID
19. Sydney Samson - The World Is Yours (Original mix)
20. ID
21. Afrojack & Sidey Samson - Quacky (Original Mix)
22. Cirez D - The Tumble (Original Mix)
23. Afrojack & Bobby Burns - Bungee (Original Mix)
24. Vandalism - Throw Your Hands Up (Angger Dimas Remix)
25. Afrojack - Bangduck (Original Mix)
26. Mumbai Science - 3200 (Original Mix)
27. Daft Punk - Aerodynamic vs. Afrojack - Moombah
28. ID
29. ID
30. David Guetta & Afrojack - Louder Than Words (Original Mix)
31. Imogen Heap - Hide & Seek (Afrojack Bootleg)

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

dropkickpikachu posted:

Oh god someone please help me.

When I was a lad and just getting into house music I purchased a 2 CD set done by Paul Oakenfold and Fatboy Slim entitled "Essential Selection Vol. 1"

Now that I am grown I am reminiscing and remembering what a sweet loving mix those CDs were. But I can't find them anywhere in my CD collection. They're gone! Aaaa! Not to fear, I think! I'll just go online and buy that set again, download it right here and now, and be grooving in my chair in a matter of minutes!

Not so. I cannot find a place where I can purchase and download this album anywhere. You'd think being something put together by 2 of the more famous DJs in the world (at the time, at least), it'd be easier to find a place to download this thing.

Does anyone know where I could find it? I'd really love to have it for a party this Saturday. :ohdear:

This is the album:
http://www.discogs.com/Fatboy-Slim-Paul-Oakenfold-Essential-Selection-Vol-One/release/89925

Here is one for sale:
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=89925&ev=rb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravinskus
Feb 19, 2008

ManoliIsFat posted:

Oh, I thought events like these were getting 150k people out. Maybe that's just EDC, though, which was always like THE rave.

EDC is the only one that pulls out that many people. The other big massives get around 50k. HARDs are kinda in the 10k range but, then again, Destructo doesn't promote his shows as raves because he wants to get away from the whole "15 year olds die on drugs at our shows" thing. If anything this is why he was booking "less ravey" acts: because he's tired of being associated with this bullshit.