Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jandrese
Apr 3, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Swordfish posted:

Maybe I just don't get classic impala pricing, but this seems a bit much.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1842695306.html

EDIT: gah big, fixing.
EDIT2: still can't fix attached images, i see.

I think he added one too many zeros to the price, and even then you would need to talk him down to something more reasonable on his mostly-rust frame that's been sitting out in a field with no engine or tranny for the past three decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Number_6 posted:

If you want a classic Buick, this ain't it. For a properly massive road barge, look for something like a '71-74 Electra 225 with the 455.

Late 70's cars get a lot of poo poo, but there are some interesting cars out there. That Buick is a couch on wheels, and once you rip the emmisions equipment off and modernize the engine some, would be a great cruiser.

And BECUASE its a late 70's Buick, I doubt that car will fetch more than $800.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

True Gold?

1968 Pontiac Lemans - $5900 (Westville)

1968 Pontiac Lemans, Runs well, clean original interior, Nice Car, a must see to appreciate. 135,000 miles. Call with questions, 856-845-2161 At LaPollo's Auto, 1195 Old Broadway, Westville, NJ 08093.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/1846186176.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

More true gold?

1961 Chevy Implala Bubble Top - $5500 (Turnersville)

1961 Chevrolet Impala Bubble Top, 6-cylinder auto, does run, has a very clean frame, very nice floor and trunk, has been in storage since 1981. Have most of the stainless, grille and bumper. Also have original radio. Car has a clean title. This is one of the most desirable Impalas ever produced. $5,500 Call Bob (609)-352-4030. Will deliver within a reasonable distance.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

And last but not least:

Just click it: http://www.ccautosales.com/vehicledetails.aspx?VID=110679828

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Otacon posted:

True Gold?

1968 Pontiac Lemans, Runs well, clean original interior, Nice Car, a must see to appreciate. 135,000 miles. Call with questions, 856-845-2161 At LaPollo's Auto, 1195 Old Broadway, Westville, NJ 08093.

Awesome. I saw a LeMans Sport for sale at a gas station when i was driving through Gladstone the other day. Looked to be in good shape from what I could tell. If I had a garage I'd pick one up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Otacon posted:

And last but not least:

I would so finance this over 60 months like the page promises.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
Holy gently caress is this ugly, buts only $1: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1845547649.html

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
God I hate it when people post poo poo up for $1 when they really mean "make me an offer".

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

trouser chili posted:

God I hate it when people post poo poo up for $1 when they really mean "make me an offer".

I always search craigslist with a minimum price to filter out both those shitbags, and the people listing parts in the cars and trucks category.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

trouser chili posted:

Or the loving dealers who list the per-month lease price in the heading? A transparent ploy to lure in poor financial morons shopping for beaters, while at the same time clogging the legit car ads with garbage. God dammit, I hate scummy CL car dealers.

:haw: Holy poo poo, why should I get an '88 Camry with 300k miles on it when I can get a 2009 Escalade for the same price! gently caress, I got 600 dollars! Let some other sucker buy that Camry, I'ma get me a Escalade :smug:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

trouser chili posted:

...or when they put the actual price (usually way too high) in the body.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Otacon posted:

True Gold?

Lapolla's is a salvage yard about ten minutes from my house, a regular parts supply spot for me over the years. Owned by Sue Lapolla.

Car is still not worth that, though. I will, however, check it out for anyone if they're interested.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Otacon posted:

And last but not least:

I love how someone went through the trouble to put in a mid-80s GM corporate 1.5 DIN cassette radio in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elephanthead posted:

I would so finance this over 60 months like the page promises.

I would ride that thing every single day for the rest of my life.

Mike_P
Aug 4, 2006

"I dunnoooow"

Click here for the full 1440x900 image.

Lots of love:quagmire:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Mike_P posted:

Somw AI poster had a silver one with a red/orange stripe, it was awesome.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Mike_P posted:

2800cc? Holy loving big-block-Lima motor. Pinto had the 2.0. Then came the 2.3 in the Merkurs, Mustangs, Rangers. Then the Ranger 2.5L.

2800cc stroker pinto.

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007
Sorry to continue the derail, but I got some craigslist gold of my own to update (aka - what the gently caress have I done???)

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

It has 135,000 on it, and is mechanically sound. It's also loving CLEAN. There are a few cosmetic issues such as the grill and a dent on the passenger side, but I loving love it. So much fun to drive and so drat comfortable. I can fold down my back seats and have room for a fricken king size mattress. You all must think I'm crazy. The guy I got it from was awesome, and it made the whole experience that much cooler. The marina/dock-side restaraunt I work at were all congratulating me on my new boat.

radikewlism fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 19, 2010

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

radikewlism posted:

Sorry to continue the derail, but I got some craigslist gold of my own to update (aka - what the gently caress have I done???)

It's awesome, needs white walls.

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

Mike_P posted:

I'm imagining this occupies the same niche things like the Nissan Cube will in 30 years.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Sockington posted:

2800cc? Holy loving big-block-Lima motor. Pinto had the 2.0. Then came the 2.3 in the Merkurs, Mustangs, Rangers. Then the Ranger 2.5L.

2800cc stroker pinto.

I'm guessing it's a mistake. The Pinto had the 2.3 in later years and also the 2.8 Cologne V6.

Also, I'm still trying to decide if that chick is hot or not.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

kimbo305 posted:

Also, I'm still trying to decide if that chick is hot or not.

:gonk:

What the hell is wrong with you?

No!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Not enough pixels man. I can't even tell how old she is.

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.
^This.

However, I'd go there, and she has her own car.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
What do you think is carrying more diseases, the pinto or the girl?

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

kimbo305 posted:

Not enough pixels man. I can't even tell how old she is.

Click to enlarge!

Or better, don't. Her face could use an electrolysis treatment and some bondo.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So a perfect model for the car then.

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.

Moruitelda posted:

Click to enlarge!

Or better, don't. Her face could use an electrolysis treatment and some bondo.

:goonsay:

Man, you made me look through the thread to find this high quality image. Then when that was non existant you made me loving copy the web address from the screen grab, just to see if that's what you'd done.

Then I find out the image quality on the site is the same as the blurry pixelated grab in the thread.

:effort:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You could never hit that from behind, though. :ohdear:

On topic, I don't know much about the Dodge Dart other than that my grandma had one with the slant six after she tired of her trusty Beetle. Beats me if this price is crazy or not.

If I did all this work on the car I'd probably take more than two pictures. :( The same guy is also selling a show-quality STI with a huge turbo kit, which makes me suspect that he's either moving or got into some incredibly nasty divorce.

Link

edit: This is going around the 323 GTX mailing list. It's a GLC that was wronged by a Starlet in a past life and now claws its way back from Hell itself at 11k.

Link

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 19, 2010

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Seat Safety Switch posted:

On topic, I don't know much about the Dodge Dart other than that my grandma had one with the slant six after she tired of her trusty Beetle. Beats me if this price is crazy or not.

It's way overpriced, this is 60's Camaro money. I've got a guy trying to sell me a mint 69(or was it 67 or 68) Camaro right now for 30ish and it's about a billion times more desirable than a loving Dodge Dart. Now I love me a Dart but they're not sought after like other cars. Matter of fact same dude has a PIMP Dart that I'd say is a step above this one he offered to me for 18K and I didn't even consider it.

If it had the factory 340 in it, and was mint cherry original I'm not even sure if it'd be worth near this money, with a "new 360" in it, autometer gauges, CD radio, and untold other modifications from stock? I'd say 10 grand maybe 15 kills this car, easy.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

radikewlism posted:

It has 135,000 on it, and is mechanically sound. It's also loving CLEAN. There are a few cosmetic issues such as the grill and a dent on the passenger side, but I loving love it. So much fun to drive and so drat comfortable. I can fold down my back seats and have room for a fricken king size mattress. You all must think I'm crazy. The guy I got it from was awesome, and it made the whole experience that much cooler. The marina/dock-side restaraunt I work at were all congratulating me on my new boat.

Nice! I have to admit, if my T-bird ever dies I'll be sorely tempted to get a Roadmaster wagon.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Grimster posted:

It's way overpriced, this is 60's Camaro money. I've got a guy trying to sell me a mint 69(or was it 67 or 68) Camaro right now for 30ish and it's about a billion times more desirable than a loving Dodge Dart. Now I love me a Dart but they're not sought after like other cars. Matter of fact same dude has a PIMP Dart that I'd say is a step above this one he offered to me for 18K and I didn't even consider it.

If it had the factory 340 in it, and was mint cherry original I'm not even sure if it'd be worth near this money, with a "new 360" in it, autometer gauges, CD radio, and untold other modifications from stock? I'd say 10 grand maybe 15 kills this car, easy.

Yeah but you could put a jesus on the dashboard and drive around blasting Spacegrass and be all :black101:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

PainterofCrap posted:

Lapolla's is a salvage yard about ten minutes from my house, a regular parts supply spot for me over the years. Owned by Sue Lapolla.

Car is still not worth that, though. I will, however, check it out for anyone if they're interested.

How is that car not worth $5900?

Seems like a hell of deal.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Not exactly earth-shatteringly funny but I got a chuckle out of YAMHAM (twice, no less)

Click here for the full 1294x887 image.

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Nice! I have to admit, if my T-bird ever dies I'll be sorely tempted to get a Roadmaster wagon.

It would make for a drat smooth transition.

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
ugh

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/bar/1846912410.html

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

MALCOLM XTREME posted:

Are those louvers, or is it shedding it's skin?

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

I've seen that vette before.. it's always being used by a balding guy selling self help stuff and he's always showing off his success by posing with the car with 1 or 2 girls in bikinis if I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
it makes me extra depressed because as a little kid i wanted nothing more than a stingray

i had like 4 stingray hotwheels :shobon: i'd love to purchase that and just take off all the retarded poo poo