Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
snypefest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Kirk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2-3Oik0FE

ugh now i gotta update my bucket list

my friend had 2 of those and one was indoors. first time i met it i was tripping balls on acid and it freaked me out hardcore

those fuckers walk like cheetahs and they have huge 3" fangs

it really didn't like me.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

flyboi posted:

those fuckers walk like cheetahs

yeah cheetahs sure do

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Kirk posted:

yeah cheetahs sure do

woops

he had this cat

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flyboi posted:

woops

he had this cat

:pwn:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kirk posted:

it means "i get to gently caress up anything my size or below". im hard pressed to think of an animal of equal size to a house cat that could consistently win in a life or death fight

that's not what apex predator means, it means that there is nothing that preys on it within its ecological niche (not counting humans)

virtually any animal could gently caress up something smaller than it is in a straight fight

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
same poo poo different pile

i refuse to be corrected

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

/

quote:

bed is mine go away

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
things to be around while tripping: not that catte

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

don't keep wild animals as pets :(

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

axolotl farmer posted:

don't keep wild animals as pets :(

if theyre ur pet theyre obv not a wild animal though

Aw fuck.
Jun 30, 2007

Using Ubuntu
is awesome
i want to have a catte that is my catte but is the size of a jungle catte that is my dream

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jonny 290 posted:

if theyre ur pet theyre obv not a wild animal though

servals are wild cats, even if they are bred in captivity. they don't deserve to be kept indoors.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

axolotl farmer posted:

servals are wild cats, even if they are bred in captivity. they don't deserve to be kept indoors.

ya p much it sprayed all over the place in its room and it smelled horrible

all it would do was pace around the walls and look at me and hiss with its huge rear end fangs

it was front declawed but i knew it was going to eat my face off

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
okyeah thats less cool =/

i still want an asian fishing cat and YES I WOULD feed it entire sides of goats

:3: :shobon:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shaggar posted:

any housecat will beat up a non-feral dog

My cat is living proof of this. It took the dog a few tries before he realized that the cat was best left alone.

E: now they are the best of buddies.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
yeah owning a wild cat as a pet is no problem as long as you're willing to provide it with a suitable habitat and don't entertain stupid ideas about rolling around in the grass with it like best buds

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
owning a few dozen fenced in acres and a wild cat would fuckin own though, buy rabbits and set them loose and watch it hunt

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Kirk posted:

yeah owning a wild cat as a pet is no problem as long as you're willing to provide it with a suitable habitat and don't entertain stupid ideas about rolling around in the grass with it like best buds

can't wait for genetics science to advance 'til I can roll around with a tame tiger that acts like a golden retriever

gonna name my kid calvin and have adventures all up ins

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hahah that'll be hilarious

MRRRRRROW *sharpens claws on chainlink fence*

WHO WANTS TO PET MY CAT

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

okyeah thats less cool =/

i still want an asian fishing cat and YES I WOULD feed it entire sides of goats

:3: :shobon:

that is a very purrty kitty

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Janin posted:

can't wait for genetics science to advance 'til I can roll around with a tame tiger that acts like a golden retriever

gonna name my kid calvin and have adventures all up ins

until the tiger rolls over on your kid and literally crushes it

why not just get a Toyger instead

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
owning a cat like that would be awesome but i can't help but feel bad for the cats in the animal shelters who need homes, and if i paid for a specific breed while other cats were being put to sleep i'd feel even worse :(

my two cats were former strays rescued off the street :3:

Aw fuck.
Jun 30, 2007

Using Ubuntu
is awesome

Kirk posted:

until the tiger rolls over on your kid and literally crushes it

why not just get a Toyger instead

no you see we want giant cats that act like small ones

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jewish Pokemon posted:

well now that you mentioned it, i want a housecat that acts like a tiger

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
they basically do though

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Kirk posted:

they basically do though

I want a small cat that roars like a big cat so I can leave it near peoples beds and have it roar

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a lion that won't kill me or someone else. Sadly science has not been able to make this happen. If you get a large cat, eventually it is going to attempt to eat you.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

I said come in! posted:

If you get a small cat, eventually it is going to attempt to eat you.

but they just wont succeed

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
adopting strays owns. true story:

in my old city, petsmart had a section of the store dedicated to adoptions. the dogs were in a big fenced-off area, and cats in a separate room with an airlock-style double door.

when I was looking at the cats, most of them were skittish, but one just walked over and started with the snuggles. eventually, she let me pick her up, and as I walked around the store with her she fell asleep in my arms

during the checkout they scanned her tag, and then said they wouldn't allow me to leave the store unless I put her in a box because she was a noted as a "feral wildcat". at this point, she was still asleep, with her cheek resting against my arm. eventually, they relented and I walked out with her

So far, the only effect of being a "feral wildcat" I've noticed is that she absolutely can't stand other cats. occasionally I'd find a stray while out walking with my brother's dog, and bring it home, and my cat would just go absolutely nuts until that cat was out of the house.

she also catches full-grown pigeons and hauls them inside, but she's not big enough to kill them so they escape and then bleed all over everything trying to get out

I had to leave her with my parents when I moved out, apparently she still sleeps in my old bedroom

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
growing up, we adopted two farm cats. my brother and i both got to choose one out of a litter of about 8 or so, and we ended up picking the most dominant one plus the runt. most definitely saved the runt's life but also left the others we had to leave behind with more food by taking the dominant one as well

feels good man

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

iamthejeff posted:

growing up, we adopted two farm cats. my brother and i both got to choose one out of a litter of about 8 or so, and we ended up picking the most dominant one plus the runt. most definitely saved the runt's life but also left the others we had to leave behind with more food by taking the dominant one as well

did you formulate this catte adoption strategy on the spot or was it years in the making

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
it just happened that way. my brother and i were kids and then it wasnt until later that we realized the impact

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

axolotl farmer posted:

website of a linguist who studies purring

http://purring.org/

best job ever

Janin posted:

want to motorboat that belly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

iamthejeff posted:

feels good man

*nods* yeah u did good, nice 1 :)

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Jewish Pokemon posted:

pretty sure if domestic cats were as big as cougars theyd kill us

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
pretty sure if they could figure out how to open round door handles we'd suffer the same fate

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Most news stories about mountain lion attacks or from any large cat makes it seem like they just kind of pop out of no where and attack the person without warning.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

I said come in! posted:

Most news stories about mountain lion attacks or from any large cat makes it seem like they just kind of pop out of no where and attack the person without warning.

It is all okay as long as you have children to feed to the cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
domestic cats can't really get much bigger before their jaw strength allows them to start breaking human bones, i mean you prob dont even want to have one the size of a lynx around in case it gets bitchy