Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart

TMMadman posted:

Haha, I never really noticed that Jerry, George and Elaine all throw like 4 bucks a piece for a tip to the black waitress when they are talking about Elaine's boyfriend being black.
Really? You didn't notice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Holy poo poo guys, was Seinfeld filmed in widescreen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S1Bmh3QSK4

Someone's gotta screencap the DVD version of S3, e01, "The Note", and see if there's actually extra information in that HDTV version.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure it wasn't, and the image is actually cropped at the top and bottom in HD.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Also, adding that 'easy-to-beat!' voice track was a terrible idea and I'm glad it went away.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Diabolik900 posted:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't, and the image is actually cropped at the top and bottom in HD.

I was kinda wondering that. Lately my local rerunner has been airing Seinfeld in "widescreen" which has basically translated to it's still broacast in the same space as Standard Definition but it looks wide.

Why? :confused:

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Click here for the full 642x778 image.

It's cropped, but there's a few extra inches of horizontal seinfeld as well.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

haljordan posted:

"Kramer, you can't live down here. This is where people come to die!"

Not you - Older people.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

That clip reminds me of the joke:

What do you call the guy who barely passed med school at the bottom of his class?

Doctor.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

mojo1701a posted:

That clip reminds me of the joke:

What do you call the guy who barely passed med school at the bottom of his class?

Doctor.

What do you call someone who flunked out of med school?

A dentist!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
^^^ You're a rabid anti-dentite!

the aftermath posted:

Really? You didn't notice?

Well I knew they all put down money for a tip, but I never noticed that each of them tosses like 4-5 bucks down. I always just assumed they each tossed down like a buck or two each.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Diabolik900 posted:

I read somewhere that they actually did have some extra information beyond the 4:3 gate that they recut and used, but they still had to trim the top and bottom to fit 16:9. So there probably IS extra information in the HD 16:9 broadcasts, but it's not going to be significant, and you're losing a bit of information on the top and bottom.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
The best part of seinfeld is how you can read an episode's script online and it'll play out exactly right in your head, with the voices and everything.

I'm not sure if it works with other shows if you watch them enough, but it owns.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

explosivo posted:

Holy poo poo I can't believe I never noticed that before.

K.G. seems so calm knowing he's soon going to defeat Satan with explosive rock.
Calm before the storm, I guess.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Of all the side characters Jackie Chiles Has to be my favorite. The funniest one though is when he's suing the tobacco company because Kramer aged 50 years in a few days, the greatest of Jackie's public humiliations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

ProfessorGroove posted:

Of all the side characters Jackie Chiles Has to be my favorite. The funniest one though is when he's suing the tobacco company because Kramer aged 50 years in a few days, the greatest of Jackie's public humiliations.

I remember when they had the clip show episode and they showed the filming of the scene where Kramer's face is all hosed up because of the tobacco smoke. I wonder how many takes it took for Jerry to say "your face looks like an old catcher's mitt" without cracking up. They showed him doing it at least 4 times.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

haljordan posted:

I remember when they had the clip show episode and they showed the filming of the scene where Kramer's face is all hosed up because of the tobacco smoke. I wonder how many takes it took for Jerry to say "your face looks like an old catcher's mitt" without cracking up. They showed him doing it at least 4 times.
Your teeth are all brown! (starts about 20 seconds in)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7IPnPTF7fA

I love watching Seinfeld bloopers, especially the multiple takes of Kramer falling over etc. There's one where he keeps falling into some shelves that is just awesome that starts about 4:30.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

haljordan posted:

I think they mentioned that it was the first time Jerry had seen the makeup, which is awesome.

Also, sidenote: I finally caught the final episode of last season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Probably my favourite season, it was so perfect. I mean, HD isn't doing any of the actors any favours(except Julia who is aging backwards or something) but it was just amazing, and the whole season was way more heartfelt than I expected from Larry David.

I also loved how they gave the "Seinfeld" scenes room to breath. Even though it was Curb they knew what people wanted to see.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

spanky the dolphin posted:

Your teeth are all brown! (starts about 20 seconds in)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7IPnPTF7fA

I love watching Seinfeld bloopers, especially the multiple takes of Kramer falling over etc. There's one where he keeps falling into some shelves that is just awesome that starts about 4:30.

I think the best part is that even in the scenes that made it to the final cut people are just choking down laughs in the last few seconds. It's always sunny has a ton of these as well.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Also, the outtakes of Elaine trying to get through her scene with George's father in the police station.

"I could drop you like a bag of dirt."

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

It's a story about love, deception, greed, lust, and unbridled enthusiasm.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

que sera sera posted:

It's a story about love, deception, greed, lust, and unbridled enthusiasm.

Unbridled enthusiasm?

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
The Pain And The Yearning. An old woman experiences pain and yearning.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Chicolini posted:

The Pain And The Yearning. An old woman experiences pain and yearning.

A young girl's erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
Susan: So, what have you got there?

George: Oh, I, uh--

Susan: Oh, ``Rochelle, Rochelle''

George: It's a foreign movie... a *film*, is what it is, actually.

Susan: Yeah... A lot of nudity in that, huh?

George: No, no, no... Just a *tiny* bit... It's not even *frontal* nudity.

It's... *sidal* nudity...

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It was... fun...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

A young girl's erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

Everybody out of the chunnel!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

PROGNOSIS: NEGATIVE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DEATH BLOW: When someone tries to blow you up, not because of who you are, but for different reasons altogether.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

edit: gently caress, beaten.

OK then, FIRESTORM.

Remember when they had the helicopter land on top of that car...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

haljordan posted:

edit: gently caress, beaten.

OK then, FIRESTORM.

Remember when they had the helicopter land on top of that car...

DON'T TELL ME I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!!!!!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

This was posted on Roger Ebert's twitter today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Crw85HvIFs.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

mojo1701a posted:

This was posted on Roger Ebert's twitter today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Crw85HvIFs.

I like how they used that creepy kid Joey who's dad was in France.

"YOU'RE NOT STAYING WITH US ONCE WE GET THERE."

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

DrBouvenstein posted:

DON'T TELL ME I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!!!!!

IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

esperantinc posted:

IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT!

I DON'T CARE I LIKE TO GO IN FRESH!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hay have you guys seen the bootleg tape of Cry, Cry Again?

The ending is very disturbing.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!

Robnoxious posted:

Every time I wanna make fun of someone dancing or look like an rear end I just stick out my thumbs and kick. :haw:

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
WHO DOESN'T WANT TO WEAR THE RIBBON?!?!

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!

got dat wmd posted:

WHO DOESN'T WANT TO WEAR THE RIBBON?!?!

This is the best line

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

spanky the dolphin posted:

Everybody out of the chunnel!

Kills me everytime I hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010

Robnoxious posted:

Yeah, so you cry...and when you see the dancer, you cry again.