Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Of course the first one is a harry potter mnemonic device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.
Sexuality of Abraham Lincoln

Lots of history/political sperglords spergin about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Sexuality_of_Abraham_Lincoln

It's got everybody: people who worship Lincoln, people (southerners) who hate Lincoln, homosexuals looking for acceptance and a confirmation of their importance to American history/society, spergin' wikipedians who can't make up their minds, etc.

It even went through three rounds of deletion challenges a few years ago.

It maybe the longest talk page on wikipedia that doesn't mention autism.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Cocks Out Spurt Some Spunk Right Over Sexy Isabel's Incredible Jiggling Jizz Jet Hole

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK
One Of Our Teachers Touched And Felt Virgin Girl's Vagina And Hymen

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
i've gotta say, i've never been so immensely creeped-out by mnemonic devices before

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

RZApublican posted:

Unrequited love

well, the article is just a list of examples in fiction, let's have a look at the talk page

Digimon The character Davis Moyomata has a crush on Kari Kayama, but she dosen't return his feelings.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Wikipedia is not about Truth. It's about citation.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JawnV6 posted:

Wikipedia is not about Truth. It's about citation.

Wikipedia avoids continued, unfounded, unproven absurdity.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Perpendicular recording

Wikipedia posted:

Popular, though inaccurate, depiction of perpendicular recording

much like wikipedia

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

meet Wikinfo

Wikipedia posted:

Wikinfo was launched in July 2003 as "Internet-Encyclopedia"; it was a fork of the English-language Wikipedia, meant to hold multiple articles on subjects from different points of view, instead of Wikipedia's policy of a single neutral-point-of-view article.[29]

what does all of this translate into? I'll let the articles speak for themselves

Love-shyness

Wikinfo posted:

Love-shyness is a form of chronic, severe shyness of men or women who have never been able to form sexual or emotionally intimate loving relationships with others, but who have been constrained to remain that way because of severe shyness in informal social situations involving possible sexual partners. It is believed to be the result of a genetic-biologically rooted temperament, and of learning experiences with peers and family.

Love-shyness can be found among people of all ages and of both sexes. However, research evidence indicates that the problem impacts far more severely upon males than it does upon females. Shy women are just as likely as non-shy women to date, to get married, and to have children.

Love-shyness is a life-crippling condition. Victims of love-shyness are unable to marry, cannot have children, and do not participate in the normal adolescent and young adult activities of dating and courtship. Moreover, the heterosexual love-shy are often misperceived as homosexual. The never-married, heterosexually inactive man has long been known to be vulnerable to all manner of quite serious and often bizarre pathologies. In most cases, these men do not allow themselves to become involved in anything or in any activity, wholesome or otherwise, for which there is any kind of existent social support group. The love-shy do not have anybody to relate to as a friend or to count on for emotional support.

Love-shyness afflicts approximately 1.5 percent of most male populations. More succinctly, love-shyness will effectively prevent many of its male sufferers from ever marrying and from ever experiencing any form of intimate sexual contact with others.

you can also have some fun wikigroaning

Personal relationship
Free software

there's one article on the entire site that has decent formatting and structure, as well as being literally the only article I can find that has proper (and numerous) citations

Age of consent

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that is literally the most :qq: thing i have ever read in my life

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

modern japanese toilets own dude. get a sweet stream of water aimed right at the anus post poop

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!

lazar wulf posted:

the anus post poop

mods change my username to this

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

lazar wulf posted:

modern japanese toilets own dude. get a sweet stream of water aimed right at the anus post poop

:a2m:

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

LunixArchduke posted:

:a2m:

feels good man

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lazar wulf posted:

their accuracy is... unnerving

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

qirex posted:

their accuracy is... unnerving

Greater Portland has an Uwajimaya, which is an Asian supermarket and department store combined into one. It's got good (if expensive) produce and a zillion different high-quality teas. They sell lots of rice cookers and that sort of thing too.

In a different suburb, there's an H-Mart. H-Mart is like the K-Mart of Asian grocery stores. Uwajimaya sells really nicely prepared foods from their deli. H-Mart sells kimchi by the pound in a plastic bag that has been spun around and then tied in a knot. To H-Mart's credit, it is refrigerated.

H-Mart also sells the rice cookers and that sort of thing. Except they have two models to choose from, both are Chinese knockoffs of nice brands and I wouldn't really trust them to boil water, let alone cook rice without burning down my house. Right next to the rice cookers was a toilet seat topper that turned any toilet into a modern marvel of bathroom hygiene. For only $35, you too can something that will shoot water at your butt after you poop.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

z0ratio hornblower posted:

i'd quote you even more

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

z0ratio hornblower posted:

lazar wulf posted:

the anus post poop

mods change his username to this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

the anus post poop posted:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
the anus post poopz0r. gotta keep it going.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

lazar wulf posted:

You like it so much go install your own bidet.

There's gotta be a comedy sketch in this somewhere.

The dude that replaced his toilet with a bidet.... and the women who loved him.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 14, 2010

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Coffee Jones posted:

You like it so much go install your own bidet.

There's gotta be a comedy sketch in this somewhere.

The dude that replaced his toilet with a bidet.... and the women who loved him.

if you're serious about writing some sketches how about this one: man gets out, stays out

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
:aaaaa:

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Phenwah fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 5, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gaze upon something even wikipedia thinks is worthless

Gheb

Wikipedia posted:

In-game

Gheb is a boss encountered on Chapter 9 Ephraim's route in the game Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and a fad on the Gamefaqs board.

Gheb as a boss is very easy to kill, if you know what you're doing. Even though he has a massive 18 str and a killer axe to boot, he doesn't move from his throne and misses a ranged weapon. This makes it very easy for ranged characters like Neimi, Lute, Arthur and possibly even Amelia (if you equip her with a Javelin). If you plan to use Amelia, I suggest you give her a Javelin and let her try to kill Gheb. It Should be a considerable EXP boost for her. The other best ways are to kill Gheb using ranged attacks, or weakening him with those so a melee character can kill him.

Gheb's Stats: LV 5 HP 45 Str 18 Skl 8 Spd 6 Luk 1 Def 13 Res 5 Con 16 Mv 6

The Fad

In 2005 Gamefaqs troll, Naglfar05 started to write fanfics about Gheb and the fact if you read in between the lines about his dialogue it suggests he is going to rape Tana and possibly Amelia. His most famous fanfic was about Prince Lyon of Grado reviving a dead Gheb and having sex with him. This sparked a fad that grew and eventually overshadowed the Batta, Glass and Kiwi fads of the Fire emblem 7 board. Naglfar05 wrote more stories about Gheb and it grew to such epic proportions that it even got its own social board on other websites and anyone who went on any fire emblem board past 7 would eventually know who Gheb is.

Aftermath

Like all fads it has died down and after peaking around 2006 some people still make joke topics such as "Who is this Gheb" and I wish (Random fire emblem character)'s head is bald". People have gotten tired of the fad to the point that if anyone even mentions Gheb, Fort Rigwald or anything associated with Gheb they will flame the troll with flames as hot as the fires of hell.

External links

* Fire emblem: The Sacred stones message board

* Naglfar05's fanfic page

oh talk page :allears:

Wikipedia posted:

I added a bit about the gamefaqs fad about Gheb by the way i'm the user Kingogtheingdaw --Gheb (talk) 20:18, 7 March 2008 (UTC)

This page kind of sucks. Not enough Gheb worship. Also very anti-Gheb bias and typos. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 129.130.205.252 (talk) 22:10, 7 March 2008 (UTC)

Is there any good reason that this page has been protected for a full year now? —Preceding unsigned comment added by ItemsonBM (talk • contribs) 14:09, 21 March 2009 (UTC)

I'll be marking this page for deletion on the grounds of sheer stupidity in the morning, have a good night. 99.239.145.17 (talk) 06:01, 8 July 2010 (UTC)

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hadoken_scheme_2_-_White.svg

haha wtf

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

This image rendered as PNG in other sizes: 200px, 500px, 1000px, 2000px.

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

Seamonster posted:

this is in the "did you know" section as im posting:

[url]

literally an article that has no other purpose than to be poo poo on

Mlyp.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

LinuxGirl87 posted:

Mlyp.

-^-^-^-^ mirror ^-^-^-^-

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

Sniep posted:

-^-^-^-^ mirror ^-^-^-^-

:drat:

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money

Sniep posted:

This image rendered as PNG in other sizes: 200px, 500px, 1000px, 2000px.

at 2000px you can really appreciate the artistry that went into the pac-man hands on that figure

just beautiful

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

inlining dat poo poo so erryone can see the mastery

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

z0ratio sexhaver posted:

inlining dat poo poo so erryone can see the mastery

its like what i do to newbs posting every day, but if i was v. ugly

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money

Sniep posted:

its like what i do to newbs posting every day, but if i was v. ugly

so, basically like now

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

The Evan posted:

so, basically like now

who the gently caress thinks a mspaint of a lovely dragon balls z scene is worthy of anything encyclopedic

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Phenwah fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 5, 2023

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Footboy posted:

obviously they wanted an image reference for the wiki entry dedicated to the hadoken (complete with "hadokens in popular culture" section) but they can't use a screenshot of ryu doing a hadoken and retain their ~creative commons~ copyrights

o ok

um i guess go creative commons? way to go linux, now when i have kids they get to watch stick figures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

or listen to generic midi rock on youtube because the audio was copyright or something and blocked in your country :argh: