Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Not sure if this really belongs in this thread, but have any of you seen The Flashbulb live? He's playing a set here in KC in a couple weeks and I'm thinking about going. His drum beats are otherworldly

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!...111078108944783

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudo neo
Jul 23, 2007
First time for me to hear this remix even though its a bit old, for those who missed it check it out. Really great. Fever Ray - Triangle Walks (Rex the Dog Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2yR0oTB6s

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

pseudo neo posted:

First time for me to hear this remix even though its a bit old, for those who missed it check it out. Really great. Fever Ray - Triangle Walks (Rex the Dog Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2yR0oTB6s

this sounds like it's off a deus ex soundtrack but it's good

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
I'm looking to expand my catalog a bit and have come here for some sagely wisdom. Would have asked in the recommendation thread but I remember when this used to be the Danger thread and got sidetracked into general electro discussion. Keep the spirit alive!

My loves right now are things like Skatesteak by Mr Oizo, Everything Louder Then Everything Else and Love Juice by Symbolone, Kap10kurt's Mission Complete, and yeah, pretty much anything by Danger is a given.

Can anyone suggest similar artists/tracks to the above? I absolutely love those tracks but trying to fish through all the stuff that's out there to find what I like, given that I know gently caress all about electro/house, is impossible. :(

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 17, 2010

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons
just FYI Rusko and Deadmau5 are duking it out on twitter.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Threatis posted:

hahaah

e: its just rusko calling deadmau5 a bitch for telling him to stop smoking weed.

In other new, deadmau5 just found out people smoke weed backstage. (Also, i think he pulled his tweets)

incoherent fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 17, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
Is d5 a furry or does his neck tat mean he's a bear/cub chaser?

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
OMG blew but Rusko's a real dude, I don't begrudge him any of his success.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!

Goodpart posted:

I'm looking to expand my catalog a bit and have come here for some sagely wisdom. Would have asked in the recommendation thread but I remember when this used to be the Danger thread and got sidetracked into general electro discussion. Keep the spirit alive!

My loves right now are things like Skatesteak by Mr Oizo, Everything Louder Then Everything Else and Love Juice by Symbolone, Kap10kurt's Mission Complete, and yeah, pretty much anything by Danger is a given.

Can anyone suggest similar artists/tracks to the above? I absolutely love those tracks but trying to fish through all the stuff that's out there to find what I like, given that I know gently caress all about electro/house, is impossible. :(

Go with labels rather than artists at this point b/c you'll have more luck finding artists that way rather than someone telling you about a shitload of kitsune or banger artists then realizing that reading up on a label you've saved you time in the long run.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Furnace posted:

Is d5 a furry or does his neck tat mean he's a bear/cub chaser?

The tattoo is actually for his cat and ex girlfriend. I think that just makes him "sad".

pass me a natty bro
Jun 18, 2010

by angerbot
It's amazing how many nuthuggers deadmau5 has:

"you tell em christian, smoking weed only makes people dumb! I wouldn't tolerate that either."

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Threatis posted:

oh, oh wow...haters gonna hate i suppose.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

LE0N posted:

oh, oh wow...haters gonna hate i suppose.

wait, hater of dubstep dudes ho smoke weed, or poo poo wanna-be electro producers?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

Threatis posted:

wait, hater of dubstep dudes ho smoke weed, or poo poo wanna-be electro producers?

because joel is a pill muncher like none you've ever seen, so that makes this whole thing pretty funny.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
The idea of deadmau5 freaking out over Rusko smoking weed sounds like a bad plot to a bad reality tv show about electronic musicians. Is Joel serious? That's just retarded.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Threatis posted:

because joel is a pill muncher like none you've ever seen, so that makes this whole thing pretty funny.

All I'm saying is I wish his giant, LED mouse face stage would collapse on him.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Threatis posted:

all of them. does it matter?

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
deadmau5 is saying Rusko made that up? I have no idea why he would do that though? Seems strange because deadmau5 does a ton of loving drugs.

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

Mr Viper posted:

The idea of deadmau5 freaking out over Rusko smoking weed sounds like a bad plot to a bad reality tv show about electronic musicians. Is Joel serious? That's just retarded.

especially because deadmau5 does hella pills

e: beaten twice, w/e

MTM_F-
May 4, 2010

deadmau5 is a drug u5er

Das Kimboplex
Mar 22, 2010
Anyone thats ever seen a interview of deadmau5 can see that he's etarded and pretty much a posterboy for what happens when you become addicted to a drug that makes you ill reversible stupider with each pill.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Das Kimboplex posted:

Anyone thats ever seen a interview of deadmau5 can see that he's etarded and pretty much a posterboy for what happens when you become addicted to a drug that makes you ill reversible stupider with each pill.

But, it also apparently makes you one hell of an electronica musician, so maybe it's not THAT bad? He may be a cracked out weirdo 4channer, but he's also one hell of an artist.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Mr Viper posted:

But, it also apparently makes you one hell of an electronica musician, so maybe it's not THAT bad? He may be a cracked out weirdo 4channer, but he's also one hell of an artist.

LOL him and Rusko are both poo poo, it's a dumb beef between two terrible producers.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Mr Viper posted:

He's a 4channer? Ahaha that fits so well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr Viper posted:

No he's not deadmau5 is boring as gently caress. Rusko also sucks, but I'd rather listen to him that deadmau5

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

PonchAxis posted:

No he's not deadmau5 is boring as gently caress. Rusko also sucks, but I'd rather listen to him that deadmau5

I don't really get all of the hate. Some people think he's boring and yeah I guess I can understand it but it appeals to a lot of people. Also, to say he's a bad producer is just flat out wrong. Bad musician I can understand, but not a bad producer.

edit: I know one of the guys smoking with Rusko and apparently deadmau5 said "Stupid pot smoking hippies are gonna get this shut down" while walking by or something like that. Didn't address Rusko specifically.

insomne fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 19, 2010

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

deadmau5 has made some amazing music, anyone who says otherwise is just... being difficult.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

he'd have to be popping pills to play the same set every night for 2 years straight and not kill himself out of boredom

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

insomne posted:

I don't really get all of the hate. Some people think he's boring and yeah I guess I can understand it but it appeals to a lot of people. Also, to say he's a bad producer is just flat out wrong. Bad musician I can understand, but not a bad producer.

What are you on about? He's a producer who makes boring music -> he's a bad producer. Just my opinion of course, but your terminology is weird.

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

insomne posted:

Bad musician I can understand, but not a bad producer.

what about this sentence makes sense to you?

Das Kimboplex
Mar 22, 2010

Apolis posted:

he'd have to be popping pills to play the same set every night for 2 years straight and not kill himself out of boredom

its pre-recorded :ssh:

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
Why don't you guys just make a deadmau5 thread if you're all gonna freak out whenever he does anything?

MTM_F-
May 4, 2010

Lysis posted:

Why don't you guys just make a deadmau5 thread if you're all gonna freak out whenever he does anything?

holy poo poo best idea ive ever seen

i nominate threatis for OP of deadmau5 thread that way we are assured the most accurate and up to date information on our favorite rodent

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Only Threatis' posting is about as poo poo as Rusko's music so v:shobon:v

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

Viper, you're fighting a losing battle. I saw me some deadmau5 fans lineup both at coachella and at a loving mall, I swear the average age was 17 for each lineup. And I'm not sure but when I was 17, I'm pretty sure I listened to some very loving entry level music. No wait, I liked rephlex and gabber. I saw d5 on his ustream and it was like he was doing some nursery rhyme poo poo on a megasynth that was only funded by kids who think d5 is the peak of music. You could go blue in the face for stanning d5 but at the end of the day, there are producers who loathe him and the kind of crowds he brings into the scene. But alas, what else are new and uninformed people who still think electronica is a genre, and not a word that record execs created so they could sell more chem bros albums in 97, what are can they listen to? Aphex twin and New Order?

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
All I'm saying is, deadmau5 sure came up with some really good and fairly unheard of music back in his Random Album Title days. He may be all sold out and lame and play recorded sets nowadays, but I feel like you gotta give him props for at least Random Album Title. It also helps that he was there while a bunch of other artists were getting big, like Boys Noize and Justice and Soulwax and Crookers and whatnot, and he really helped get the ball rolling on the latest style of electronic music. He's also making a shitload of money that he's only further investing into getting crazy equipment that'll make crazy noises that I've never heard before, which is pretty cool.

And at the end of the day, who cares who listens to the music you like? I listen to electronic music because it makes me feel good, and deadmau5' music makes me feel good. All that matters is that connection between you and the musician.

I don't feel like defending why I like deadmau5 (yet will jump at the opportunity to make fun of him being a crazy nerd) anymore. It all boils down to personal taste, and I think he's got talent.

BTW, I'll be the first to admit, I swear that the word "electronica" is just a shortened version of "Electronic Music". I didn't mean it in a genre sense, just an alternate and slightly faster way of saying "Electronic Music". "Rock And Roll" vs "Rock" sorta thing. I know for a fact I've been hearing it since the late 90's like you mentioned. Are they not synonyms?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Mr Viper posted:

All I'm saying is, deadmau5 sure came up with some really good and fairly unheard of music back in his Random Album Title days. He may be all sold out and lame and play recorded sets nowadays, but I feel like you gotta give him props for at least Random Album Title. It also helps that he was there while a bunch of other artists were getting big, like Boys Noize and Justice and Soulwax and Crookers and whatnot, and he really helped get the ball rolling on the latest style of electronic music. He's also making a shitload of money that he's only further investing into getting crazy equipment that'll make crazy noises that I've never heard before, which is pretty cool.

He didn't loving invent progressive house... It came out on bleedin' Ministy of Sound, he found a good market for his ultra-simplistic cheese, good for him.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

All I'm saying is, deadmau5 sure came up with some really good and fairly unheard of music back in his Random Album Title days.

way back at the end of 2008?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

lol at people arguing about deadmau5.
deadmau5 owns, if your a hater you are most likely jealous that a channer/goon made it big instead of you, stop :qq:'ing and post tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
This whole Deadmau5 vs. Rusko twitter beef is so loving retarded it makes me want to kill something. Deadmau5 is a little bitch for getting pissy about someone smoking weed backstage during his set, and Rusko is a little bitch for letting the outlet for his rage be a loving spam of poorly-woorded tweets. The end, can we please stop arguing over a loving producer for the 10000th time and just post some tracks?

I also fully support the idea of a Deadmau5 thread by the way.