Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

insomne posted:

edit: I know one of the guys smoking with Rusko and apparently deadmau5 said "Stupid pot smoking hippies are gonna get this shut down" while walking by or something like that. Didn't address Rusko specifically.
He said this at a RAVE?! I don't about you, but I'd think you'd have to be a pretty heavy basement dweller to say something like that. To say it to a huge weed smoker and most famous dude in a weed-loving genre is even funnier, but it doesn't really matter if he didn't know who he was talking to. It was a bitchy thing to say in the first place. In isolation, its funny, but in the context of his past of calling DJs no-talent thieves, its just more ammo for to the idea that deadmau5 and his fans are the lamest, most newjack ravers in the world.

Ras Het posted:

He didn't loving invent progressive house... It came out on bleedin' Ministy of Sound
Hahah, for real. Sure, no one heard his tracks before they were out there, but he's no musical pioneer. He just got caught up in a rising tide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

a weed-loving genre

What genres aren't weed loving!?

MTM_F-
May 4, 2010

zerojake posted:

electro house apparently

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

MTM_F- posted:

electro house apparently

yeah you don't really see many people smoking blunts and listening to boys noize

other than me of course :smug:

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
loving hell, JOEL ZIMMERMAN should be a probational topic in this thread, everytime he's mentioned it because a couple of pages of ranting and shitposting. Can we please get back on topic. There's a new cut copy single floating around the blogs and it's rather awesome.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

zerojake posted:

True, but dubstep is like drum and bass and hip hop that it REALLY loves weed. Name your songs after weed, have the lyrics be about weed, put a weed leaf on your album cover...

Pres posted:

loving hell, JOEL ZIMMERMAN should be a probational topic in this thread, everytime he's mentioned it because a couple of pages of ranting and shitposting. Can we please get back on topic. There's a new cut copy single floating around the blogs and it's rather awesome.
My bad, I thought this thread was about being an arrogant old guy and harassing kids.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 19, 2010

Ben and Stew
Mar 31, 2006

Woah!

ManoliIsFat posted:

True, but dubstep is like drum and bass and hip hop that it REALLY loves weed. Name your songs after weed, have the lyrics be about weed, put a weed leaf on your album cover...

Hopefully at some point the cover art of cds will just be blunt paper

te
Jun 19, 2006
werd
Bitching about other people smoking pot? What a goon.

So what do you all think of the new Cut Copy single? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGgNthZSRnY&feature=related

Didn't fancy it too much at first, but after a few listens I found myself accepting the (not so drastic)change of style. I can definitely see myself liking the new album, but will totally miss the danceyness of the last one.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

New cut copy isn't terrible but it doesnt belong in this thread at all

Das Kimboplex
Mar 22, 2010

te posted:

Bitching about other people smoking pot? What a goon.

So what do you all think of the new Cut Copy single? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGgNthZSRnY&feature=related

Didn't fancy it too much at first, but after a few listens I found myself accepting the (not so drastic)change of style. I can definitely see myself liking the new album, but will totally miss the danceyness of the last one.

Sounds like beach boys

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...

Das Kimboplex posted:

Sounds like beach boys

I've heard a lot of people say this and I really really don't see it. Reminds me of british pop-rock around the start of the decade, thinking like a more dance-oriented version of The Doves/Snow Patrol/Keane. Not a bad thing, but definitely not what I expected.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

zerojake posted:

New cut copy isn't terrible but it doesnt belong in this thread at all

Holding out for the album; clutching to the hope of 1 or 2 disco tunes.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
I've noticed that every time there is more than 2 posts in the thread that I haven't read, its 95% of the time deadmau5 related.

I don't know the general opinion here of Afrojack, but here is the new song, I don't know how I feel about it, its alright, but its not *perfect*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKnAkRHoDKw

Also, the vid for Swedish House Mafia - One (Fear Pharrell)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxuEl8qkErs

I loved the original, personally - at least it grew on me, but this vid is cool/redic at the same time.

Totally wish I coulda got me a Trouble & Bass shirt, btw.

What are the new tracks I'm missing? I'm reading like, 20 blogs hah and it seems to be a slow time right now almost. Maybe I'm just a moron.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

afrojack and swedish house mafia are the broest house, worthless except to know that you're going to hear those tracks every time you go to the club

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
anything that gets played more than once is for bros

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
Yeah, I know that they are pretty much the brosiest, so I just enjoy them for about a day or so before I go to the club, and then hear them again. Either way, I for sure don't love everything Afrojack touches, nor do I love everything from Swedish House Mafia.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
Can someone recommend me some dark tech house? Kinda like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnYPMcfSUQU

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.
Try the Kompakt label.

MTM_F-
May 4, 2010

new major lazer ep is cool, i like it
couple remixes of old tunes and a new ones
its called lazers never die heres a link to it on iTunes

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice
Listening to the Club 75, Boys Noize, Burns and Gary Beck Essential Mix from Rockness. It's pretty awesome.

Also great work music. Just press play and I have 4 hours of music going :haw:

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Bashing artists you don't like and getting into hilarious meaningless arguments and heads schooling know-nothing newjacks are all the best parts of this thread and music scenes in general, I love it. There's a million blogs to discover new tracks on it's boring to just use this for that. Viper call it 'electronica' again ahahaha.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

IS THAT TECHNO YOUR PLAYING?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Deadmau5 recently hired a new PR rep or something, he flipped a 180 with his attitude recently and posted some bizarre (by bizarre I mean very nice (not trolling/not calling people out)) threads on some forums I frequent.

They are forums where he would occasionally search for his name and every time someone would post something negative about him he would pop in and call that person a human being.

He makes so much hate for him around the web it's only a matter of time before it catches up with him, but now he's making apology threads/"thank you" threads and such.

Also, when I met him in real life he told me he had 5 4chan accounts that no one knew was him, and he was pretty proud of it. Yes, he's made some good music in the past, but if you've listening to his recent music and sets it seems like he is just trolling the entire scene and people are too dumb to realize. HIs set at lovefest last year was literally repeating 2 bars of music at different pitches for 10 minutes and people were eating that poo poo up because MOUSE COSTUME

MTM_F- posted:

its called lazers never die

hahaha this is a pretty cool name

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 21, 2010

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
Speaking of Rusko... He's coming to Toronto with Crystal Castles, Sinden and Destructo.

Yay or nay?

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Firaga posted:

Speaking of Rusko... He's coming to Toronto with Crystal Castles, Sinden and Destructo.

Yay or nay?

I think I'm gonna go just to support Crystal Castles. See if they really live up to their reputation of being absolutely awful live.

Iraff
Dec 29, 2008

Lysis posted:

I think I'm gonna go just to support Crystal Castles. See if they really live up to their reputation of being absolutely awful live.

my Roommate Who Sucks dragged me to see them and the answer is yes. they came on 20 minutes late, played a 30 minute set, mixing was bad, light show was bad.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Well seeing how Barbra Streisand is inching its way to clearance (annie mac played it the last two weeks) the electro warrrrrrrz movie/blog/archival documentary shot in real time has a bit w/ a trak re: that remix

http://www.theelectrowars.com/videos.html

incoherent fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 21, 2010

Das Kimboplex
Mar 22, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFSxiq54DgU

Anyone know the first song in that video?

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Lysis posted:

saw them in ottawa a few years ago. Alice kept jamming dudes in the front rows head up her skirt then she ran to sidestage where me and my dude were standing, jumped on my back and rode me around the stage while screaming into the mic.

basically it was one of the best live sets ive ever seen.

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Threatis posted:

saw them in ottawa a few years ago. Alice kept jamming dudes in the front rows head up her skirt then she ran to sidestage where me and my dude were standing, jumped on my back and rode me around the stage while screaming into the mic.

fuckin sold. I hope they do something special for the hometown crowd.

MTM_F-
May 4, 2010

talk about a banger

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What music would I like if I like Morgan Page?

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeQGN4xUmQE

Brap

I'm in love with this song. Honestly, in love. Brap. BUH.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

a milk crime posted:

Brap

God dammit, I've been hearing this song everywhere, and seeing that song title everywhere, but it took til now for me to realize they're the same. What a wicked track.

Octavioo
Mar 10, 2009

I <3 STOLEN MONEY

I accept payment in cash stolen from a Chinese kid's locker. Fuck that kid.

a milk crime posted:

Brap

Hoooooly poo poo yeah man, this is all I've been listening to for the past couple days. BUH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLyk2pojcqE

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
Magnetic Man - I Need Air

Magnetic Man is Benga, Skream, and Artwork. gently caress yes.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

MTM_F- posted:

talk about a banger

I think the only man happier to play a David Guetta song than David Guetta.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 22, 2010

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

Threatis posted:

Amazing, loving sold. 30 bucks to see the 4 of them is pretty good.

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
So I'm really loving Nu Disco at the moment and I've been trying to look up artists and labels. So Far, my list consists of:

Fear of Tigers
Edwin Van Cleef
Aanoreek
College
Futurecop!
The Outrunners
LifeLike
Miami Horror
Moonchild
Tesla boy

If anyone can suggest some more artists and also labels i can hunt through that would be great.

Also, This remix is pretty awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ADzvidBD4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.

Pres posted:

So I'm really loving Nu Disco at the moment and I've been trying to look up artists and labels. So Far, my list consists of:

Fear of Tigers
Edwin Van Cleef
Aanoreek
College
Futurecop!
The Outrunners
LifeLike
Miami Horror
Moonchild
Tesla boy

If anyone can suggest some more artists and also labels i can hunt through that would be great.

Also, This remix is pretty awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ADzvidBD4

some nobrainers - try
bag raiders - shooting stars
digitalism - pogo
calvin harris stuff
duck sauce - aNYway

on a totally unrelated note - erol alkan, booka shade, dubfire, crookers, bloody beetroots, steve aoki coming up the next 2 days - gonna be a blast :)

edit:

a milk crime posted:

Brap

yeah and braparella .. drat haha