Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I'm pretty sure that Vette has appeared in this thread at least twice already.

Not to say it isn't worthwhile posting it again, because it just shows how persistent the guy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

MALCOLM XTREME posted:

it makes me extra depressed because as a little kid i wanted nothing more than a stingray

i had like 4 stingray hotwheels :shobon: i'd love to purchase that and just take off all the retarded poo poo

Isn't 1980 one of the worst years for a 'vette though? The engine was so bogged down by emissions I don't think it made more than 150hp. Add to that the weight of a terrible bodykit and that thing probably has its doors blown off by a Mazda3.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

mod sassinator posted:

Isn't 1980 one of the worst years for a 'vette though? The engine was so bogged down by emissions I don't think it made more than 150hp. Add to that the weight of a terrible bodykit and that thing probably has its doors blown off by a Mazda3.

Not quite. Around 1975 is where it bottomed out at around 150. By 1980 I think they were making closer to 190 or even getting close to 200.

But any of the pre-smog and pre-unleaded Corvettes will command a significant premium.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The cure to low power corvette blues is an engine swap, a supercharger, and long tube headers. Don't let your dream die. You can have a bad rear end stingray, just not one that is factory supplied. You can even buy a replacement frame that that doesn't suck balls.

http://www.streetshopinc.com/c4shark.html

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

trouser chili posted:

God I hate it when people post poo poo up for $1 when they really mean "make me an offer".
From a page back, but how about the people who put a zillion keywords in their listing to ensure that no matter what you filter out, the listing will make its way through everything you look for.

KEYWORDS: HOT ROD, RAT ROD, LOWRIDER, CRUISER, BOMB, STRAIGHT SIX, V6, V8, 265, 283, 327, 350, 396, TURBO, BLOWN, TUBBED, MINT, RESTORED, CHERRY, RARE, ONE-OF-A-KIND, NOS, N.O.S., ORIGINAL, AFTERMARKET, FRAME-OFF, CRAGARS, AMERICAN RACING, STEELIES, SUPER SPORT, S/S, SS, AUTOMATIC, MANUAL, 4-SPEED, 5-SPEED, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 192, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 2-DOOR, 4-DOOR, HATCHBACK, PACER, GREMLIN

gently caress these people.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

You Are A Elf posted:

From a page back, but how about the people who put a zillion keywords in their listing to ensure that no matter what you filter out, the listing will make its way through everything you look for.

KEYWORDS: HOT ROD, RAT ROD, LOWRIDER, CRUISER, BOMB, STRAIGHT SIX, V6, V8, 265, 283, 327, 350, 396, TURBO, BLOWN, TUBBED, MINT, RESTORED, CHERRY, RARE, ONE-OF-A-KIND, NOS, N.O.S., ORIGINAL, AFTERMARKET, FRAME-OFF, CRAGARS, AMERICAN RACING, STEELIES, SUPER SPORT, S/S, SS, AUTOMATIC, MANUAL, 4-SPEED, 5-SPEED, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 192, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 2-DOOR, 4-DOOR, HATCHBACK, PACER, GREMLIN

gently caress these people.

I flag them and you should too.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
real craigslist gold?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1827518663.html

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

gently caress yes that is. Someone buy that before I do something stupid and try to get another awd turbo project car.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

See, I browse my state's Craigslist ads like twice a day looking for some Craigslist Gold just like and haven't found anything worth while the past 2 years. I'd stab someone for a Vr4 for $1500.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Funnily enough i was actually just trying to find my buddy's ad for his diamante but he must have spelled it wrong or something because i couldn't find it. The best craigslist finds seem to happen by accident.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

See, I browse my state's Craigslist ads like twice a day looking for some Craigslist Gold just like and haven't found anything worth while the past 2 years. I'd stab someone for a Vr4 for $1500.

Where are you? Wyoming? It usually takes me, at most, 2 months to find an absolute gem. I've been car shopping since February, and have found a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS in SRP with 45k miles for $5,700 at a dealer, a 1988 BMW 325is with 110k and a leaking brake line for $1,500, a 1994 Honda Civic DX hatch with 75k miles and no rust for $2,500, a mint 1989 Honda CRX Si with 150k miles for $2,000, and a few other good prices.

(E: I called the dealer with the 2.5RS twice, left messages with salesmen, nobody ever called me back, I finally got called back, he said it was available, I told him to hold it for me and made plans to drive 3 hours to get it that Friday, called several times to verify he'd held it for me (no answer/response), then on the morning of, I called one last time and he was like: :downs: "Oh, that sold yesterday." MOTHERFUCKER.)

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Moruitelda posted:

Where are you? Wyoming? It usually takes me, at most, 2 months to find an absolute gem. I've been car shopping since February, and have found a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS in SRP with 45k miles for $5,700 at a dealer, a 1988 BMW 325is with 110k and a leaking brake line for $1,500, a 1994 Honda Civic DX hatch with 75k miles and no rust for $2,500, a mint 1989 Honda CRX Si with 150k miles for $2,000, and a few other good prices.

I live in Western Massachusetts. I can't seem to find a car on Craigslist for under $2,000 that isn't a total piece of poo poo or rusted out completely. Actually, a couple years ago I drove 2 hours to test drive an e30 325e for $1,200. When I got there a couple was test driving it and bought it directly after. Another thing that bothers me is that people don't understand its 2010. No dude, your car is 10 years old, it should not be for sale for $10,000.

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I live in Western Massachusetts. I can't seem to find a car on Craigslist for under $2,000 that isn't a total piece of poo poo or rusted out completely. Actually, a couple years ago I drove 2 hours to test drive an e30 325e for $1,200. When I got there a couple was test driving it and bought it directly after. Another thing that bothers me is that people don't understand its 2010. No dude, your car is 10 years old, it should not be for sale for $10,000.
You could buy my 2001.5 Audi A6 2.8 with 140k miles for under $2000 if you like :shobon:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I assume you're joking or something is extremely wrong with it. But if it was a 5-speed I'd be all over that like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nice area. I have a friend from Palmer (which I guess is more central MA). Not a lot of people though - I assume you try looking in Boston and NYC? Those are going to be your key places.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I live a few towns over from Palmer. I've been looking at all the Craigslist sections for all of Massachusetts as well as Rhode Island and New Hampshire. Didn't think of NY though, I'll add it to the routine.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1855833505.html

OH GOD I WANT IT SO BADLY!

Just.. not... $4500 badly.

Stick shift, manual, bench seat, short bed with cap.... dunno if it's got 4x4 or the 4.0/4.2 or the I4.... but I'm really very tempted.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Otacon posted:

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1855833505.html

OH GOD I WANT IT SO BADLY!

Just.. not... $4500 badly.

Stick shift, manual, bench seat, short bed with cap.... dunno if it's got 4x4 or the 4.0/4.2 or the I4.... but I'm really very tempted.
I see those go (or at least listed) at stupid "enthusiast" prices too. Not sure if they go for that or not. Pretty sure that particular one is 2WD. I notice lack of a t-case lever next to the stick which makes it even worse.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

:siren: Actual gold alert! :siren:

I already have one but I guess I could buy and re-sell it. :/

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/1856063342.html

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I assume you're joking or something is extremely wrong with it. But if it was a 5-speed I'd be all over that like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.
Nothing is wrong with it other than being an unloved wagon. It's Tiptronic.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

MALCOLM XTREME posted:

Here's the ad from the AI Mart thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2400145&userid=112148#post369516973

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
lookit dat hot bitch awwww sheeet

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I can relate. Currently looking for a MK3 Supra Turbo :suicide:

1989 240 coupe. Litl bit off rust(i.e rear quarters are missing),600,000km. 3000$.

1986 Toyota Supra. QUCK CLASSIC. 10000$

1992 Toyota Camry. 866,000KM. 2500$ as is.

1991 BMW 318i Sedan. HEY BMW PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU ARE A RICH MOVIE STAR. A STEAL AT 6000$ only 400,000km

KlementGottwald fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 22, 2010

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Aceshighxxx posted:

:siren: Actual gold alert! :siren:

I already have one but I guess I could buy and re-sell it. :/

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/1856063342.html

Holy poo poo.

That's only like 120 miles for me.

I suppose I could take off my hard top, drive up there, buy it, put it on the car, and drive back, but then my girlfriend would kill me for putting a second hard top in the middle of our living room.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Moruitelda posted:

Holy poo poo.

That's only like 120 miles for me.

I suppose I could take off my hard top, drive up there, buy it, put it on the car, and drive back, but then my girlfriend would kill me for putting a second hard top in the middle of our living room.

Why won't girls understand car parts are expensive, can be hard to find and can't just be thrown out??

It was easier when I lived alone, at one point I had around 80% of my living room floor covered in old, rusty car parts, a FULL wiring loom split all over the place, A/C parts, and a full cabin with seats and door panels. I didn't mind!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

MALCOLM XTREME posted:

I checked your profile for AIM or an email but didn't see anything. If you want to give me either of those so we can talk more about the A6 that'd be cool.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Lessons for Used Car Dealers

#1. Wait until the original ad has been removed before posting your new ad.

New Ad
http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1828571260.html

Click here for the full 1229x920 image.

Original Seller
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1791556642.html

Click here for the full 1229x992 image.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Behold, the most amazing 302 every produced by Ford.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1846033926.html

Click here for the full 1229x1016 image.

ENGINE SIZE-
V-8
SMALL BLOCK

jandrese
Apr 3, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Ah, Ford's enigmatic TARDIS engine.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sir Tonk posted:

Lessons for Used Car Dealers

#1. Wait until the original ad has been removed before posting your new ad.
hahaha

Nothing wrong with trying to flip it, but jesus christ. The original seller should just keep the ad active and when buyers call to inquire, them how much the dealer paid him.

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I checked your profile for AIM or an email but didn't see anything. If you want to give me either of those so we can talk more about the A6 that'd be cool.
lobsterbuilding at gmail dot com

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Oh my god, this looks beautiful:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/1854011603.html

quote:

145k miles, rebuilt motor around 100k.
All records since 1978.
New brakes, clutch, starter, battery, alternator, and $1,000 full length exhaust.
Has a $200 Earl Scheib paint job from 10yrs ago. Looks good, but it's not show car paint.
Tires are old, but have 90% tread.
Runs strong, and is really fun to drive. Tags good until 8/2011
The only thing it really needs is new shocks all the way around. ($250 for all four; and an easy weekend project for you to get acquainted!)
Thanks,
Kevin

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Sir Tonk posted:

ENGINE SIZE-
V-8
SMALL BLOCK

He must have thought that the 5.0s were 289s.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Oh my god, this looks beautiful:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/1854011603.html

All oil filters should be this accessible.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah, I live a few towns over from Palmer. I've been looking at all the Craigslist sections for all of Massachusetts as well as Rhode Island and New Hampshire. Didn't think of NY though, I'll add it to the routine.

Having lived in Amherst, and my wife's family being in Chicopee, I"m on Western MA CL quite a bit looking for cars, and I can agree with you, the majority of them out there are overpriced, riced, rusted out shitboxes. It takes some time, took me 6 months of looking to find an old man owned, unmolested WRX wagon wth 50k on it. It can be done, it just requires patience.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I feel you. But I just got into the electrician's union so I need a vehicle ASAP before I start working. I'm saving up money every week from my current job, but the sooner the better. I find myself lowering my standards every day. I really want a 4x4 truck, but I just came across a 2WD 87 Chevy for $1200 so I shot him an email. My friend used to own one of these so at least I know where to look for rust.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
68 MGB V8 VINTAGE ROADSTER CONV. FORD 9 INCH 389s GEARS| MGB TRADE ??? - $13500 (Kingman, Az)
Date: 2010-07-21, 10:49AM MST
Reply to: sale-u52ms-1855265826@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

68 MGB

HERES A BAD BOY TOY...... 928 530 3666

WAY TO MUCH TO LIST...... I RAN CAR AT SPEED WORLD... FASTEST CAR SHOOT OUT. IT DID PRETTY GOOD..... 11. 88 WAS MY BEST TIME...... IT WILL PULL THE FRONT WHEELS OFF THE GROUND..... 3 TO 4 FEET ON A 3000 B AND M STALL CAR HAS A FORD 9 INCH WITH 389 GEARS AND 4 LINK.... WITH COIL OVERS... IT DONT BURN TIRES IT DOES WHEELLEYS......... HARNESSES NEED TO BE UP DATED. I ALSO HAVE A 100 SHOT KIT TO GO WITH CAR. I NEVER NEEDED IT. CAR IS BUILT TO HANDLE THE POWER.AND WHEN I BOUGHT IT I WAS TOLD THE CAR WAS BUILT BY CALF. CUSTOMS... I HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE.... ??? I PUT THIS MOTOR IN IT.... 355 CHEV.

STEEL CRANK 12.5 TO 1 TRW 250 DOME FORGED TWISTED WEDGE HEADS.... ALL ROLLER VALVE TRAIN... VIC JR. H BEAM RODS... MOTOR DOESNT HAVE 2500 MILES ON IT...... DISC BRAKES ALL THE WAY AROUND.... NEW FRONT RUNNERS REAR TIRES ARE NEAR NEW SLICKS.... THIS IS A CUSTOM CAR.... AND I HAVE A NICE BLACK HARD TOP TO GO WITH CAR.... ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL 928 530 3666 DON....

JUST ADDED ON NEW EX.

3.0 INCH COLLECTOR 3.0 BULLET..... MUFFLERS.... 2.50 PIPE

COMMING.... OUT THE SIDE

SOUNDS... MIGHTY MEAN......

THIS IS A ...........

1968 MGB HARD TOP CONV. HARD TOP IS VERY NICE SHAPP... I JUST HAD IT REPAINTED

BLACK TO MATCH THE CAR..... THIS IS A ALL STEEL BODY..... NOT REPLICA.....

LIKE KIT CARS.... THIS IS A CLASSIC RACE CAR.... AND THEY NEVER.....

MADE THEM LIKE THIS.... THATS FOR SURE.... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR BIDS......

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BIDDING.........

THIS CAR CAN BE USED IN CLASSIC CAR SHOWS..... IMPORT EVENTS.... SUPR CHEVY.... CAR SHOWS... DRAG CARS EVENTS..... IMPORT RACING.... YOU WONT RUN INTO... ANOTHER CAR THAT IS LIKE THIS ONE.... IVE SEEN OTHER MGs WITH V8s BUT NEVER ANY BUILT THE WAY THIS ONE IS..... HARD TOP CONV....... AND A 68.... THERES NOT EVAN ANOTHER 68 ON EBAY..... TAKE A LOOK.... I DID.... SO CAR IS VERY RARE...

YES ALL BLINKERS AND LIGHTS... GAS GAUGE.... RADIO... WIPERS... TILT WHEEL... RACING B AND M SHIFTER... WITH BUTTON... FOR NIT. OR TRANS. BRAKE... YOU DESIDE.... CAR DRIVE NICE AND STRAIT... DOWN THE TRACK.... NOT ALL OVER THE ROAD... THE CAR COMES WITH A 100 SHOT.... NOT INSTALLED.... AS I DIDNT NEED IT.... BUT YOU CAN PROBLY GET THE CAR IN MID 10s WITH IT.... IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO GO FASTER.....

RARE.... 1968 MGB........ CONV..... BUILT TO RACE.... VERY RARE CAR.....

I LOVE THIS CAR.... YOUR NOT GOING TO FIND ANYTHING

LIKE THIS ONE... MAYBE A V8 MG YOU CAN FIND...

BUT IT WONT BE LIKE THIS ONE.... THATS WHY I POSTED THE PICS I DID....

ANY QUESTION JUST ASK... ILL HAVE THE ANSWER THAT YOUR LOOKING FOR....

THIS IS A SWEET RIDE IVE HAD.... FOR YEARS.....

AND IS MORE FUN.... THAN YOU CAN BELEAVE....

AT A FAIR PRICE....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
To be honest, if I raced an 11-second '68 MGB I probably wouldn't be able to think clearly enough to understand the concept of the shift key either.

The man has come out the other side. He's seen poo poo.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Hah, "NOT A KIT CAR." Just the thought of someone selling a replica kit for something as dime-a-dozen as an MGB.

We've got a guy in our local MG club that stuffed the entire drivetrain from a 90's Camaro into a Midget, but it looks like poo poo and he's too crazy to carry on a conversation with.

eddiewalker fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That entire post reminds me of the kid in the wheel chair from Malcolm in the Middle.