Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
My face is my livelihood, everything I have I owe to this face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Leyburn posted:

My face is my livelihood, everything I have I owe to this face.

His hand became locked into a.... claw..... you won't have that problem, will you?

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
No, no I'll never cook again! NEVER! NOW GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!! Get out......go.....

Funny how most of the quotes I can immediately recall are shouting or screaming, must be because I'm Irish (and therefore my family is ridiculously loud).

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Sack Lunch: It's a family in a brown paper bag.

Do you think they got shrunk down, or is it just a giant sack?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
She, um, she wants to see The Muted Heart.

Ohh.... The Muted Heart.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
You have selected... Agent Zero?
You have selected... Brown Eyed Girl?

Why don't you just tell me what movie you want to see!

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.
Enjoy...Blame it on the Rain?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Just watching the DVD documentaries. It's crazy how much the original idea for the show is basically the pilot for Curb Your Enthusiasm. It was originally planned that the show would just be a 90 minute special of Seinfeld wandering around the city getting ideas for material followed by his stand up.

Here's some Larry David and Michael Richards sketches from Fridays:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_LQynFUgDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvH0KQuuFYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9qKQfzi80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbgS6gjAyx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsHMKcN3vVw

Larry's come a long way.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 19, 2010

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The Infamous Shane posted:

Enjoy...Blame it on the Rain?

Jerry: What'd you do with the rest of your day?
George: Saw Titanic...so that old woman...she's just a liar?
Jerry: And a bit of a tramp, if you ask me.

Most accurate description of Titanic I've ever heard.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HateTheInternet posted:

One of my favorite George outburts was when Susan's parents agree to go to the Hamptons with him.

"Speak now, or we are headed to the Hamptons. It's a two-hour drive.
Once you get in that car, we are going all the way... to the Hamptons...All
right, you wanna get nuts? COME ON! LET'S GET NUTS!"

I love how this one ends

He asks why they let him go on with his lie, and they tell him "We don't like you George. We haven't since you killed Susan."

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Hank Morgan posted:

Just watching the DVD documentaries. It's crazy how much the original idea for the show is basically the pilot for Curb Your Enthusiasm. It was originally planned that the show would just be a 90 minute special of Seinfeld wandering around the city getting ideas for material followed by his stand up.

Isn't Comedian basically the original idea for Seinfeld, minus the fiction?

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Speaking of Comedian, it's really worth watching and brutally honest about the life of a comedian. However it's absolutely loving ruined by how full of himself Orny Adams is. He's also as much of a douchebag in real life about how "awesome" he is as in the movie. The movie ends with you thinking he might of learned something about the life but now a lot of his shows are advertised as him being featured in it. Pretty drat revolting.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
You can probably take solace and/or satisfaction in the fact that he's an unfunny go-nowhere never was.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

got dat wmd posted:

Speaking of Comedian, it's really worth watching and brutally honest about the life of a comedian. However it's absolutely loving ruined by how full of himself Orny Adams is. He's also as much of a douchebag in real life about how "awesome" he is as in the movie. The movie ends with you thinking he might of learned something about the life but now a lot of his shows are advertised as him being featured in it. Pretty drat revolting.

Yeah it was weird seeing the obscenely wealthy world famous comedian being more down to earth and less full of himself than the guy I had never seen before watching that movie, and have never seen since. That movie would have been so much better with someone less irritating in the 'young up and coming comic' role.

William Pahllace
Dec 22, 2009

Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings.
Apparently the Soup Nazi is a party pooper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/07/21/2010-07-21_s_ups_on_seinfeld_chef_reopens_biz__customers_cant_wait_to_be_next.html

They recently reopened 'The Original Soup Man' and he didn't even show up. The story is whatever but holy hell does that soup look delicious. Have any of you goons in the NY area ever been there and tried it?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

William Pahllace posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/07/21/2010-07-21_s_ups_on_seinfeld_chef_reopens_biz__customers_cant_wait_to_be_next.html

They recently reopened 'The Original Soup Man' and he didn't even show up. The story is whatever but holy hell does that soup look delicious. Have any of you goons in the NY area ever been there and tried it?

If they couldn't get the real Soup Nazi, couldn't they have at least gotten the actor that played him? Personally, I'd rather have him give me soup than the real one...so long as it was still the real one's recipe.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

DrBouvenstein posted:

If they couldn't get the real Soup Nazi, couldn't they have at least gotten the actor that played him? Personally, I'd rather have him give me soup than the real one...so long as it was still the real one's recipe.

If Saddam Hussein got him as a look-alike, I don't see why not.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

The real guy didn't like the way he was portrayed so there's really no surprise there.

3spades
Mar 20, 2003

37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

Customer: In a row?

William Pahllace posted:

Have any of you goons in the NY area ever been there and tried it?
There was an original soup man downtown that I used to order from every other week or so. They got closed down due to owing taxes :(

3spades fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 21, 2010

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It should be noted that Original Soup Man is a chain now, so you don't necessarily need to be in New York to try it, but I'm not sure if it has spread to the whole country yet.

I always thought the soup was very good, but not as good as the hype had led me to believe. I don't know how the chain's recipes compare to what was in the original restaurant though.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Diabolik900 posted:

It should be noted that Original Soup Man is a chain now, so you don't necessarily need to be in New York to try it, but I'm not sure if it has spread to the whole country yet.

I always thought the soup was very good, but not as good as the hype had led me to believe. I don't know how the chain's recipes compare to what was in the original restaurant though.

There's a place in Milwaukee called Soup Otzies and I thought it sounded suspiciously similar to Soup Nazis. Anyway, yeah I went in there and they have a bunch of pictures of the Soup Nazi and all that, but I don't actually think they're affiliated in any way. They have awesome soup though.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
I love it when Elaine finds his recipes and goes to visit him. When she says "NEXT!" it is so much satisfaction in her voice i don't think anyone else could have done it the way she did.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My favorite thing about the Soup Nazi episode is how - despite the fact he flies into a rage when anyone breaks his strict rules - somehow Kramer has struck up a casual friendship with him and will just hang out in the place chatting with him.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I expect perfection from myself, why would I accept anything less from my customers?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite thing about the Soup Nazi episode is how - despite the fact he flies into a rage when anyone breaks his strict rules - somehow Kramer has struck up a casual friendship with him and will just hang out in the place chatting with him.

Kramer is the only one that understand how he slaves over his soups :(

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Loving Life Partner posted:

Kramer is the only one that understand how he slaves over his soups :(

You suffer for your soup!

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Jerry Stiller plays a defense attorney briefly in a season 7 of Law and Order. It's fairly brief but all he does is yell and bumble and drop things. It's pretty much essentially Frank Costanza, Esq.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Thenipwax posted:

There's a place in Milwaukee called Soup Otzies and I thought it sounded suspiciously similar to Soup Nazis. Anyway, yeah I went in there and they have a bunch of pictures of the Soup Nazi and all that, but I don't actually think they're affiliated in any way. They have awesome soup though.

I've never heard of this place! Where is it?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKI_q6MsTxM

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's amazing how well that works. Right up there with the "George" trailer.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

robot roll call posted:

I've never heard of this place! Where is it?

It's on Howell a little south of Howard.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

William Pahllace posted:

Really, though, I would have been disappointed if the real Soup Nazi was easy-going and just went with it

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
Wow, this is better than the last one. Radical!

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

this is beautiful

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I always thought they were saying "Surrender me now"

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Whoa how come I don't recognize that part at about 2 minutes in where it looks like Jerrys apartment is getting shot up?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

spanky the dolphin posted:

Whoa how come I don't recognize that part at about 2 minutes in where it looks like Jerrys apartment is getting shot up?

That from the "What have you done to my cable boy!" scene where Jerry is freaking out about stealing cable. First season, I believe.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76k8uB3p98

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

spanky the dolphin posted:

It's a dream he's having, I think it might have been the Mr. Bookman episode.

edit: Damnit, ChickenMedium's right. I knew it was something he was feeling guilty over.

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010
Jerry's gonna be a cable boy, cable boy, cable boy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

That from the "What have you done to my cable boy!" scene where Jerry is freaking out about stealing cable. First season, I believe.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76k8uB3p98

I don't believe it. A Seinfeld episode unseen by my eyes. How on earth.