Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.
reply != edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.

VideoTapir posted:

THIS IS A SWEET RIDE IVE HAD.... FOR YEARS.....

AND IS MORE FUN.... THAN YOU CAN BELEAVE....

AT A FAIR PRICE....

So how has that guy managed to avoid dying in a glorious fireball?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Click here for the full 1323x650 image.

I don't know fix! Transmission is good in the body! Thank!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

rscott posted:

That entire post reminds me of the kid in the wheel chair from Malcolm in the Middle.

Re-read that whole post with that kids voice in my head and it made it absolutely hilarious! Thank you for that. :)

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

DarthJeebus posted:

Should be easy since the head is out o ready.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

slidebite posted:

hahaha

Nothing wrong with trying to flip it, but jesus christ. The original seller should just keep the ad active and when buyers call to inquire, them how much the dealer paid him.

The dealer probably gave him a lower amount in cash too. That guy was a fool to sell an early 70's Mustang for that cheap in the first place, but that's beside the point.

I sent the dealer an email harassing him for posting it and never got a response, oh well.

edit

I'm looking at these two, I'll let ya'll know if they look good after I go check them out. I want a land yacht and these fit that pretty drat well.

and

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 23, 2010

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm looking at these two, I'll let ya'll know if they look good after I go check them out. I want a land yacht and these fit that pretty drat well.

and

What year is that Buick? I'm thinking '73-75... keep in mind the 455 got weaker every year. But I enjoyed driving my mom's 1974 Electra sometimes, many years ago. Quiet, smooooooth ride, and torque like a bulldozer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Click here for the full 724x680 image.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/cto/1851933471.html

1995 civic converted to RWD with a 13B rotary. It doesn't get much more WTF than that.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1785544971.html

Click here for the full 1259x927 image.

And this isn't the actual car, but it looks exactly like this...

Number_6 posted:

What year is that Buick? I'm thinking '73-75... keep in mind the 455 got weaker every year. But I enjoyed driving my mom's 1974 Electra sometimes, many years ago. Quiet, smooooooth ride, and torque like a bulldozer.

I'm aware of the slide in power during the 70's and don't really care all that much (although 200rwhp or whatever is a bit insane for a 455). I'm not looking for a huge car to go fast, I just want to have something for cruising between Houston and Austin and long distances around town. I've got the Mustang and a motorcycle for errands.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sir Tonk posted:

That's pretty much the norm for about a 1/4 of the craigs ads I've seen lately. Who doesn't have a digital camera and is under 80 years old nowdays?

Also, wants to trade for a Caprice because they're exactly the same? Isn't this caddy FWD?

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm aware of the slide in power during the 70's and don't really care all that much (although 200rwhp or whatever is a bit insane for a 455). I'm not looking for a huge car to go fast, I just want to have something for cruising between Houston and Austin and long distances around town. I've got the Mustang and a motorcycle for errands.

What's your budget? I see cruisers that are a bit older and much, much nicer looking go for a pittance in your area on the HAMB fairly often. You should check out their classifieds forum.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

MrSaturn posted:

What's your budget? I see cruisers that are a bit older and much, much nicer looking go for a pittance in your area on the HAMB fairly often. You should check out their classifieds forum.

$5000 max. I don't want to have to get it painted, do major body work, or fix rust issues (I've already got two cars that need that). I can do interior work and engine stuff, but won't have time until next year to do anything major. I'm looking for obscure big body cruisers with large V8's, since they tend to go for less than the well-known models like Mustangs and all Cadillacs. I'd also rather have something with strong air-conditioning, or a convertible, since it's hot as gently caress down here.

Never heard of HAMB, I'll be checking out the site after lunch. Thanks.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Sir Tonk posted:

$5000 max. I don't want to have to get it painted, do major body work, or fix rust issues (I've already got two cars that need that). I can do interior work and engine stuff, but won't have time until next year to do anything major. I'm looking for obscure big body cruisers with large V8's, since they tend to go for less than the well-known models like Mustangs and all Cadillacs. I'd also rather have something with strong air-conditioning, or a convertible, since it's hot as gently caress down here.

Never heard of HAMB, I'll be checking out the site after lunch. Thanks.

As someone with a convertible without A/C, its not a substitute. You'll still sweat through your shirt at the first stoplight.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I love my marriage, I love my marriage, I love my marriage...

quote:

For Sale is my personal 1950 Pontiac Silver Streak.
This car is mint and all original, Running, Driveable and Safetied for the roads last year. Excellent condition, super clean, laser straight body lines, all together a true piece of heritage. You wont find many of these cars arround anymore, I was not in a huge hurry to sell either, however due to financial times must part with it.
The engine has been totally rebuilt last year, V6, Transmission is totally rebuilt, all Original #s matching. This car is 3 on the tree! Runs exactly as it did just off the line!
Car has maybe 500kms since rebuild on it. All I had left was to finish the interior and paint it.
Car is perfectly running and driving to be used today, or drive home today.
All new Brakes front and back, have alot of money into them.
Mechanically sound!
I have taken a pic of where the paint has started to peel off on the hood, The headliner in this car is brand new, as with the door panels!
This is not a hot-rod! this is a cruiser and turns ALOT of heads!
has Moon caps for hub caps, original spare tire, super clean.
Quite firm on asking price, as I have alot more into her!
Gimme a shout if interested to arrange a viewing. 403 894 6869.
Would like this car gone this week. John.
Very little needed to be totally restored! Ive paid and had the hard stuff done, put your personal touches on it! and its ready to be in the family!
DELIVER IS NEGOTIABLE, SO IS PRICE, NO TRADES. NO ACCEPTIONS.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!

DarthJeebus posted:

I almost pissed my pants reading this, and I am still crying! Holy poo poo thats hilarious

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

slidebite posted:

My god, that is a steal.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can always find a new wife, but you can't find a new 1950 Pontiac. Buy it!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I told Mrs. Slidebite that the next vehicle we get is hers. I think this would go over about as well as getting her a table saw for her birthday.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
Gold?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1855033000.html

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Good deal if you're fluent in IBM System/360:

quote:

Broken Down 2001 Volkswagen Eurovan - $1000 (Queenstown,Md)

I have a 2001 Volkswagen Eurovan (Red) that has had a mainframe computer break. Other than that it is in good condition. Please contact me if interested.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Where is the 3 bedroom 2 bath Acura I have been searching for? :sigh:

Click here for the full 834x791 image.

(I know this is obviously the result of some automated scam attempt, but I got a chuckle out of it nonetheless.)

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

For some reason whenever im in the downtown eastside in Vancouver I see TONS of these things in really good shape.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

For some reason whenever im in the downtown eastside in Vancouver I see TONS of these things in really good shape.

Dealer's gotta roll in something, and it's not like those junkies can pay him enough to upgrade to a caddy. So he keeps the Volvo in good shape.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

quote:

1927 Ford Model T Don't Know Much About It. What you See is What you Get. Make Me An Offer Thanks

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I feel this is some gold...Cornwall Gold. It may seem pretty normal, expect a new Swift only costs 17,500 in Canada.

Click here for the full 1366x768 image.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

stratdax posted:

Dealer's gotta roll in something, and it's not like those junkies can pay him enough to upgrade to a caddy. So he keeps the Volvo in good shape.

I'd accept this answer but they're always being driven by hipsters.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Bertone's are :coal:

Check it out. Stick-shift can't be all that common either.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

slidebite posted:

Nice, but I don't remember them having a V6...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Genuine Gold! 1961 Borgward Hansa Combi Wagon - $1500 (mendocino county)

quote:

Honestly I have over $2k in this neat wagon. Most of these were sold as Goliaths or Lloyds, but the last 50 or so were badged by the (failing) parent company as Borgward. This super rare weird wagon is a great California project. Excellent German quality. Has a four cylinder water cooled boxer motor. I have been told that it uses a VW 36 horse cam and crank, and that Subaru bought the blueprints in the early sixties. It's front wheel drive.

The engine starts and runs, but the car will need brakes, and lots of tlc at a MINIMUM. I have not tried to drive it.

Very straight body. Lots of surface rust but I don't see any cancer at all. Doors fit tight. I have the front bumper and grille, they look like they have been involved in a fender bender.

Interior is original and real nice given the age, does need a headliner, tho. As you can see the gauges are missing, don't know why. All the wagon only interior side and trim pieces are there, and in good shape. A million times neater than a Squareback, with the cool sedan delivery, hearse style back door.

Make OFFER. Open to trades, especially Fiat (500 in pics is not for sale), Renault 4CV, Vespa, Honda, Cushman scooter, BSA Victor, Hillman, Morris Minor , or ?? I can provide a bill of sale, only. Lloyd, Goliath, Gasser, DKW

This is an incredibly rare car, particularly in the US.

Wikipedia:
"Borgward was a German automobile manufacturer founded by Carl F. W. Borgward (November 10, 1890 - July 28, 1963). The company was based in Bremen. The Borgward group eventually produced four brands of cars: Borgward, Hansa, Goliath and Lloyd."

"Financial problems appeared because Carl Borgward allowed the different makes to act independently, practicing no joint development or sharing of parts. While Borgward pioneered technical novelties in the German market such as air suspension and automatic transmission, the four makes competed against companies like Opel and VW that increased production yearly and lowered prices. Borgward suffered quality problems as well. The Lloyd Arabella was technically advanced as a water-cooled boxer with front wheel drive, but plagued with problems such as water leakage and gearbox glitches. Although Lloyd lost money on the car it was more expensive than the direct competitors.

In 1961 the company was forced into liquidation by creditors though Carl Borgward insisted the company was solvent. Events proved him right, and all the creditors were fully paid. In 1963 all manufacturing equipment for the Borgward Isabella and P100 was sold to Mexico. In July 1963 Carl Borgward died, two years after the company's bankruptcy.

The German magazine Der Spiegel reports in 1965 that, with a little help, the Borgward company could have easily overcome its problems in 1961. Apparently the company didn't have to go bankrupt at all.[1]"

"Approximately 487 wagons were assembled after the official closing of the plant (Summer '61) between 1961 & 1963 using a surplus of parts..." (source).

I think this is one of them. It has a running engine, although obviously needs body work, gauges, brakes, and significant interior work too. And probably wasn't that reliable when it was "new", assembled from spare parts...

It's the ultimate in masochistic AI Projects and if I wasn't married I'd be there buying that thing tomorrow. Please, some stupid greasemonkey, please fulfill my dreams by proxy and buy this thing, and then make a Project thread where we can share your misery as you attempt to restore it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Pick up a smashed in Subaru WRX and have at mating the sheet metal.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1836077922.html

quote:

PRICE IS RIGHT!! DONT FLAG PLEASE, WIFE TRYING TO KEEP THIS FROM SELLING!!! Selling my 1996 Caprice with LT1 conversion because I am going through divorce and need to get rid of it BEFORE July 16, or she will get it and give to her new boyfriend....ain't happening

Click here for the full 1259x958 image.

edit

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1818236653.html

quote:

KEYWORDS/slab,swangaz,swangas,donk,buick,park avenue,caprice,impala,lambo doors,candy paint,24s,22s,cadillac,monte,cutlass,rims,SLAB,convertable,choptop,chevy,ford,CONTINENTAL KIT,SLAB,SLABS,DONK,IMPALA,CADILLAC,SWANGAS,OLD SCHOOL,DROP TOP,ELDOG,84SSLABS,SWANGERS, SWANGAZ, CANDY PAINT, FIFTH WHEEL, BUMPER KIT,CUT, 6TH KIT,OLDS,BUICK,Cadillac,84s, 84z, 83s, 83z, swangers, swangas, swangaz, elbows, tww, wtw, og, bumper kit, 5th wheel,gorillaz, gorillas, fifth, vogue,15z supers, supa poke extended spokes,wire wheels, convertible,lowrider,cadillac fleetwood brougham swangas 83z 84z elbows drop convertible music 2007, r6, r6s, raven, custom, motorcycle, bike, stunt, 22",24",26",28",30", slab, cadillac, air bags, air ride, hydrolics, impala, deville, dhs, escalade, buick, l7, amp, R1, suzuki, gsxr, honda, cbr, 600rr, 600, 750, 1000, 1300, hayabusa, busa, kawasaki, ducati, convertable, screens, lambo doors, blades, swangas, elbows, auto, truck, awd, fast, kandy, candy, trade, jensen slab swangas swangaz blades radio candy super supa pokes pokers cragar 20" 20s 20 22" 22s 22 rims tires bladez choppas buick grand priz ponitac park ave le sabre bang indash in dash kicker pioneer jvc xo vision headrest vogue kicker mtx q power 5500 double din gorilla elbows paint marquis grand crown vic victoria ford chevy lincoln candy paint pioneer jvc buick park ave dts dhs cadillac tyres tww red blue finance runs run good great es 300 400 gs gs300 low pro profile tyres tires 4100 avh avhp avh4100p avh4100 avhp4100 xo xovision merlon amp kicker jvc kenwood avic d3 gps x o vivision sony db drive 24" viper alarm remote watt radio head deck stereo avic avicf90bt f900bt d1 d2 d3 kenwood sony bang system f700bt x910bt antenna rims,car audio,slabs,slabz,blades,choppaz,lambo doors,h.i.ds,screens,lambo,subwoofer,subs,bang,swangas,swangaz,elbows,audio,lincoln,lambos,lowrider,train horn,neons,donk,20" inch rims,22",20,22,22 inch rims,rims,hid,jl audio,24'' rims,24,24'' wheels,w7,w6,w3,w0,chrome women,JL,cadillac,sedan deville,subwoofer box,bass,kicker,spl,15'' subs,solo,speakers,pop trunk,airbags,18'' subwoofer,mtx,rockford fosgate candy, kandy, slab, fleetwood, brougham, impala ss, park ave, park avenue, eldorado, cadillac, convertible, alpine type r, pop trunk, train horn, memphis, kicker, jl audio, w7, rockford, cragar, swangaz, swangas, swangers, swang, elbows, super, supers super poke, super pokes, superpoke, superpokes, vogue, vogue's
custom, r1 r6 yamaha trade chrome gsxr 600 750 1000 zx kawasaki suzuki hayabusa ninja harley chopper shop cool unique brandnew paint motorcycle ride dirt bike suzuki, gsxr, cbr, 600, 600cc, yzf, motorcycle, bike, kawasaki, honda, suzuki.yamaha, ducati, zx, zx9, zx6,zx636, r1,r6,gsxr6, gsxr1000, gsxr, cbr,harley davidson,zx900,zx900r,zx6r,zzr,zxr, kawasaki, yamaha, zx9r, zx10r, zx6, zx9, zx10, ninja 600, 750, 1000, gixxer, gsxr600, gsxr750, gsxr1000, gsxr, cbr, cbr 929, 954, 954rr, 929rr, cbr929, cbr929rr, cbr954, cbr954rr, cbr1000, 1000rr, cbr1000rr, r1, r6, triumph, daytona, kawasaki, yamaha, suzuki, honda, stunt bike, street fighter, zx14, zx14r, hayabusa , classic car, impala, cadillac, mustang

Click here for the full 1259x1381 image.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 25, 2010

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1836077922.html

PRICE IS RIGHT!! DONT FLAG PLEASE, WIFE TRYING TO KEEP THIS FROM SELLING!!! Selling my 1996 Caprice with LT1 conversion because I am going through divorce and need to get rid of it BEFORE July 16, or she will get it and give to her new boyfriend....ain't happening

Click here for the full 1259x958 image.

But what will he deal drugs with now? Work from home?

It'd be awesome if the wife found that ad, bought the car, and then drove it every time she had to pick up the kids from him (assuming they figured out how to make offspring - that's a pretty ugly car now :( )

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

Sockington posted:

It'd be awesome if the wife found that ad, bought the car, and then drove it every time she had to pick up the kids from him (assuming they figured out how to make offspring - that's a pretty ugly car now :( )

This is the best solution, nothing would piss a guy like this off more. Well, maybe if they sold it a few years late for a profit.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

I've seen one of these in the Mini Stock races at the local track. Not where you expect to see one. Found some video with it in it - it's the yellow car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuTEiUAFeHs&feature=related

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Leperflesh posted:

This is an incredibly rare car, particularly in the US.

Wikipedia:
"Borgward was a German automobile manufacturer founded by Carl F. W. Borgward (November 10, 1890 - July 28, 1963). The company was based in Bremen. The Borgward group eventually produced four brands of cars: Borgward, Hansa, Goliath and Lloyd."

"Financial problems appeared because Carl Borgward allowed the different makes to act independently, practicing no joint development or sharing of parts. While Borgward pioneered technical novelties in the German market such as air suspension and automatic transmission, the four makes competed against companies like Opel and VW that increased production yearly and lowered prices. Borgward suffered quality problems as well. The Lloyd Arabella was technically advanced as a water-cooled boxer with front wheel drive, but plagued with problems such as water leakage and gearbox glitches. Although Lloyd lost money on the car it was more expensive than the direct competitors.

In 1961 the company was forced into liquidation by creditors though Carl Borgward insisted the company was solvent. Events proved him right, and all the creditors were fully paid. In 1963 all manufacturing equipment for the Borgward Isabella and P100 was sold to Mexico. In July 1963 Carl Borgward died, two years after the company's bankruptcy.

The German magazine Der Spiegel reports in 1965 that, with a little help, the Borgward company could have easily overcome its problems in 1961. Apparently the company didn't have to go bankrupt at all.[1]"

Didn't Mercedes-Benz have a hand in their liquidation? I've been told Benz was one of the driving forces behind their bankruptcy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1855251230.html

Click here for the full 1274x751 image.

We're redefining what "very good condition" means over here.

edit

And would this be some gold right here?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1863137102.html

Click here for the full 1259x1112 image.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I don't even know

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc
Is this a common thing for people to claim?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1826539627.html

Click here for the full 1377x1184 image.

Car has 56,600 original miles regardless of error on car facts.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Sir Tonk posted:

Is this a common thing for people to claim?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1826539627.html

Click here for the full 1377x1184 image.

Car has 56,600 original miles regardless of error on car facts.
I'd like to see what Carfax says about it and what his explanation is.
Also: CAMERO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

slidebite posted:

Also: CAMERO

Found it searching for CAMERO. Think I got over a hundred hits and I was just searching titles...

Speaking of spelling:

****** FORD THNDERBIRN IN GOOD PRICE AND MILAGE *******

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1863603815.html

Click here for the full 1132x1096 image.